3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   40 days and 40 nights of cows in the wilderness (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/53232-40-days-40-nights-cows-wilderness.html)

Cowpernia 02-23-2005 09:41 AM

You can't hear my dreams becasue YOU AREN'T PLAYING ThE GAme...

mean old cow

For the last two days, I have blow dried my hair. In the past, I did not because it took forever. Now that I am oooolder, my hair has thinned to a normal amount and I can blow dry it. It looks flat. turns under. I may lke it. Not sure.

I am applying for a new job. Wish me well. Wish me this job or a better job. I am torn because it will inconvenience Ds.

TPBM is disgusted that Peter Jennings is doing a show on UFOs during Sweeps Week.

Wabby 02-23-2005 01:34 PM

Not true. I don't care what Peter J is doing because I try not to watch network news anymore. It's just too annoying - too much sensationalism and not enough real news. I'd rather read the paper.

Bagzie sounds tired but happy and excited. How fun to be starting a new business. Even our type of business was fun to start up. Fun and scarey too.

Peachers I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed hoping you get the new and hopefully wonderful job.

TPBM flosses religiously.

Kiwonk 02-23-2005 05:35 PM

True. If by religiously you mean that I keep the dental floss by my chair in the living room and floss during commercials...

Bagz, don't forget us here when you enter the high-flying business world. Sounds like an awful lot of work. And a lot of paint fumes. But I know it will be enchanting when you are done.

Good luck on the job hunt, Cowp. Wish my dh luck too. In fact, the sooner he gets out of the job he's in, the better. The grant that funds his job and many others he works with is running out in June, and the politics and back-stabbing are reaching monumental levels.

Ruthxx ate toads today. I'm reading her journal. I decided to start making entries in my 3fc journal, but to take it private. I mean who would want to read how many glasses of water I drank? Basically that's all I want it for, someplace easy to jot stuff down in.

Peachie, I frequently (not all the time) blowdry my hair. And I have like 2 and a half feet of hair! It is not that difficult! If you want your hair to be less flat, lean over, flip your hair over, and blowdry it that way.

I've seen those purple rubber gloves. Fanceeee. They had them on in a picture of kids doing lab experiments at the website of the summer program DD is applying to. I hope she gets in -- it's at Brown U in R.I., which is a whole lot closer than the other one at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore.

DH is going to the Big City for a sleep study tonight. Hope they can fix his cpap (breathing machine), I think it doesn't fit him right. Would you believe he hasn't had a cigarette in 2 weeks? :yikes:

TPBM hasn't had a cigarette since she was 12.

Kiwi

Bagzz 02-23-2005 10:44 PM

i was in university and i didn't like the inhaling so i never really started.tbpm should be in BED!

Kiwonk 02-24-2005 12:25 AM

Hmph. So you say. I say it's only 12:30 and I'm gonna stay up all night if I want to.

The heck with June.

TPBM is wearing a turtleneck.

Kiwi

SugP 02-24-2005 05:06 AM

False. Turtlenecks choke me. Can't wear 'em. I'm wearing my navy blue cotton zip neck sweater that I ALWAYS wear. It's very plain and boring but soooooo comfortable. People must think I don't have any other clothes.

Well, the parental units are flitting off to Maui for their 45 anniversary. Must be nice! Mummy has started volunteering at a centre for HIV and AIDS sufferers and she said sometimes it's pretty rough going. Yesterday she sat at a man's bedside and held his hand while he died. Yikes. :(

Also, someone on the First Nations reserves in B.C. is poaching bald eagles (endangered, protected species) and most likely selling the talons and tailfeathers to the U.S. Isn't that horrible?

Good plan to have a place to write stuff down, Kiwi! I must start doing that. Makes one so much more accountable. Sometimes I just stuff food in my mouth without even remembering that I've done it.

TPBM has a headache.

Bagzz 02-24-2005 06:39 AM

that was yesterday---today it is gone !!!do you know that people around here drive their CARS across the ice when the river freezes over!!!nuts.anyway,yesterday someone went through the ice but did manage to get out of the car before is sank-----------they call it the "ice road" and it shortens the distance to the "peninsula"--------it could shorten the distance to heaven as well {or the OTHER destination}----------i have never driven on the ice road---do they have these in Kiwiland?????----------heading back up to the market this morning--------still lots of "reno" work---trying to backlight a giant window to display the stained glass---can't wait til it's done and i can sit and read magazines and pray for tourists to arrive!! TPBM is jealous because Peaches can blow dry her hair.

Wabby 02-24-2005 12:10 PM

Not jealous at all - I've always blow dried my hair because it's always been fine and thin. I may be jealous that she had so much hair she couldn't blow it dry.

Sugar, that's wonderful that your mom is volunteering - my parents seem to keep busy w/ busy-ness. I'm sure it is rough going sometimes, but it's such important work, you must be proud of her.

For the record - I haven't seen any bald eagle feathers or talons here in the states. I think the Canadians are keeping them all to themselves.

Bagzie, I've seen tv shows about the ice roads the truckers take in the far north. Scarey, but at least they have ppl monitoring the ice. What ppl will do to save a few minutes.

Hard to believe that it's frozen any where in the world today - it's sunny and supposed to be in the lower 60's farenheit. Plum trees are already blooming out all pink and pretty. We're about a month early this year.

TPBM would kill for a maple bar about now. (I would)

Kiwonk 02-24-2005 01:10 PM

Oh, isn't that the truth? MMMM maple bar. maple anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugP
Mummy has started volunteering at a centre for HIV and AIDS sufferers and she said sometimes it's pretty rough going.

Your mom is a saint; that sounds so hard.
Quote:

...poaching bald eagles (endangered, protected species) and most likely selling the talons and tailfeathers to the U.S. Isn't that horrible?

That's insane! What kind of monsters would be willing to buy such things, let alone kill the eagles? I saw a bald eagle while I was driving into town the other day. I can't imagine how anyone could even contemplate aiming a gun at one, it's incomprehensible.
Quote:

Sometimes I just stuff food in my mouth without even remembering that I've done it.

Isn't that the truth? I have a hard time remembering what I eat a few hours earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabby
Hard to believe that it's frozen any where in the world today - it's sunny and supposed to be in the lower 60's farenheit. Plum trees are already blooming out all pink and pretty.

Hmph. It's really beautiful here today too. If you like white.
Quote:

}----------i have never driven on the ice road---do they have these in Kiwiland?????----------
Not exactly. There is a lot of driving on the lakes around here, but I don't think anyone drives across the rivers regularly. There are a lot dams around here and the ice near a dam shifts too much to be reliable. Every lake, though, has ice shacks on them and people definitely drive out to fish. They snowmobile on the lakes all the time (and someone always falls in toward spring). They have warnings about the ice in the local papers when things aren't safe enough to drive. I think I've only been out on the ice in a truck once. Not exactly in my comfort zone (I waren't born hereabouts, y'know).

DD is going to be nagging at me very shortly about going skiing with her. Somehow I'm going to have to blast myself out of the house.

TPBM is about to jump out of her chair and do some jumping jacks.

Kiwi

Cowpernia 02-24-2005 01:11 PM

Fasle. What's a maple bar?

I signed DS up for a trip to Europe in the summer. Now, the dates have changed from June to July and the price is $250 more and I don't know why.

I have other petty annoyances but mostly I don't have a life. I need a little shop in a lovely maritime province.

That's all I have to say. If I say more, Bagz may learn my secrets.

TPBM loves the book "Goodnight Moon."

Kiwonk 02-24-2005 02:19 PM

Hey, we posted together! So I will answer both TPBMs. False and true. Or true and false. Not necessarily in that order.

TPBM is procrastinating.

kiwi

Cowpernia 02-24-2005 02:42 PM

Undecided. I don't have anything to do but if I did I might put it off.

In fact, I might put off this post.

I saw this joke today that was long so I will shorten it for you.

God made all these healthful things for us to eat so we can be healthy.

Then Satan invented fast food restaurants and we got heart troubles.

God invented triple bypass surgery to save us.

Then Satan invented HMOs.

TPBM wanted to be Sandra Dee. ( I wore the same lipstick as her. Pink Vanilla.)

Kiwonk 02-24-2005 06:11 PM

False. I wanted to be Cybill Shepherd.

I utterly failed to actually go skiing. We went out, I strapped on the skis, we started down the trail, and I realized that my skis had absolutely NO WAX on them. I let DD go on and I went home and sulked.

TPBM is growing things in her basement.

Kiwi

PainterWoman 02-24-2005 10:27 PM

False. Texas doesn't HAVE basements. I am growing "things" in pots outside and in the vegetable bin. Guess which ones are on purpose.

Kiwi, I like your camellia avatar.
Baggz... thanks for cluing me in on the colors of your shop. PLEASE POST PHOTOS. I'd love to have an antique victorian mantle emailed to me... what do you think?

One of the new journal posters said she was breaking up with FRED: Food Related Eating Drama. I think I'll do the same.

I've abstained from eating after 8 pm for 3 whole nights.... Felt better each morning. Also exercised a few minutes (... hey, it's a start) each day...)

If you didn't see it, I put up a newsletter at my website.... all about CONTROL... I can preach real good.. it's taking my advice that's tricky.
Oh, and finished reading Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime... and just started Little People.... both are great.
Off to see if my paints are moldy.
ciao.

Cowpernia 02-25-2005 10:17 AM

False.

I read the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. I liked it.

I need advice here.

I may have said this yesterday but I don't recall any good advice. I signed DS up for a trip to Europe with one of the best teachers at his school. I had to pay for it, of course. DS also has applied for a summer program that he NEEDS to go to if he gets it. It's free, 6 weeks, prestigious to the extreme. Won't know if he gets that for a while.

The Europe trip was in June and it worked out perfectly on our calendar. Now, the teacher ... without telling ME ... changed it to July. We can not get a full refund. He can change it without 60 days but we can't get money back. In fact, he changed it to a time that's more expensive to fly and it's $250 more.

I don't want to call the teacher and yell. What other option do I have?

TPBM reads the comics first in the paper.