3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Chit Chat #110 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/53166-chit-chat-110-a.html)

Marti 02-08-2005 03:41 PM

Good day ladies--

Been up for half an hour.....knowing I should hop in the shower but yet...here I am! :D I will make it to grandpa's in a little bit though so not to worry.

Jane--So glad to hear that Dales Surgery went fine and is doing better. He'll definately be feeling sore! As for the NSV....ok, I'll take it. I felt so giddy when she said that. And after a glass of wine....I was feeling even more giddy. (silly I know)

Jenn--You do have your hands full don't you?? All that would make ME tired!! What day is the wedding again??? I LOVE those flowers! They are so beautiful. Now...are you going to share w/us the dress?? :) We have chat's on Wed. morning or Thurs. Eve....Wednesdays for me since I work the night shift...but I"ve been sleeping in late so I may have to have that time changed and Thursday nights. There is a thread somewhere that tell you the time for your time zones.

Pam--Your XH is going to have to look at giving himself insulin shots as giving him independance. It's a simple thing to do and that way, he won't have to rely on someone to do it for him. Sorry to hear about your finch. They are such cute birds. I like the idea of getting some company for the other one. I would have never thought of getting a fake one...will that work? Will the other one notice??

Diane--I get on my gazelle everyday (oh...not the weekends) and work out on it for half an hour. I really like it. Even though there are mornings where I just don't feel like exercising...I do it and afterwords I'm glad I did. I feel much better. Hope you get your errands done today.

Julie--Oh girl....I'm sorry you're working in an environment that is that way. Makes working unbearable doesn't it? My first job was like that which really bother me at the time because here I was the fresh out of highschool girl at the age of 18...working with women 30 and over and they gossiped like crazy. I was so uncomfortable there and eventually things settled down. Hope it does for you too.

Cristi--Fish tacos are not as bad as they sound...really. Very tasty. I had my friend take a bite because she had this look on her face when I ordered......she said it was surprisingly good. I'm going to try to make it to chat tomorrow....but I really can't make any promises. Unless you all get on there later in the afternoon. I'm usually still asleep at 11:00. But I will try.

Ellen--I must have missed the link all together because I didn't even see it. If there is someone who makes music that I know or has someone in there family that does....no matter what type of music they play...I always like to listen. I think it's great to play music. My friend who just started working at OML...he plays the Bass....(the big tall instrument) w/a group of men who play their fiddles....I listened to him the other night and it sounds so fun!!

Ok...now it's time for me to get showered and head over to grandpa's. So I must get going.

I will try and make it back later if not...it will be after work.

Take Care ladies.

JEO1982 02-08-2005 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm on my way out, but wanted to post this before I go since it's not at home...

(Don't mind the head being cut off... I was making an awful face so I cropped it)

PamPSM644 02-08-2005 04:56 PM

Ellen, the boys are terrific. I saved them for Eddie to hear. Saw the pic of them.Aren't they cute? Don't tell them I said so. Big bad Rocker's don't want to hear how cute their Mom's friends think they are. :D

Found a very nice fake birdie at the craft store. It even has feathers. I touched up the face to look more like a Zebra Finch with the dark markings under the eyes. I put it in a nest and facened it in the cage with my little boy. We'll see how it goes. :shrug: Last time I was at our favorite pet shop they had fake birds there but they were plastic and not nearly this nice.They insisted they become very fond of the fake bird but we'll find out.

Jenn,the dress is lovely. Good choice. I really like the details.

Pam

Tea Rose 02-08-2005 06:46 PM

Hi Pam
Thanks again ,My son was here when I was reading your post and he smiled, even heavy metal rockers like to be told their cute , regardless who it comes from. :lol: He was impressed that you listened to the songs,and even more so that you liked them,He said to tell you thankyou for thinking they were good and that you also thought they were cute, he said he would pass the compliment on to the boys in the band. :lol: I am very proud of them, they have workded very hard to get this far, and they are very talented guys, and they are cute to :lol: good luck with the fake bird I had no luck with the real thing , I sure hope it works , I hate to see any little creature sad and lonely.
Jenn the dress is lovely , it has very nice lines and beautiful details , to bad you chopped of your head though , it would have been nice to have the head that went with the body :lol: I think you are going to be a beautiful bride.
Well I guess you can tell my diets going well .

Marti 02-08-2005 06:46 PM

Jenn--Beautiful dress!! Love it. It looks so romantic!! I'm happy for you. And writing your own vows....how sweet! James & I got married at the courthouse in the courtyard. Nothing big and we didn't dress up or anything...but I did buy a dress for that day. A spring dress. I plan on taking it with me to Cali so I can wear it while on our "honeymoon". I think I will look better in it now than I did when I got married. I may have to try it on and take another photo to make a comparison......Thanks for sharing the photo!

Pam--Your little bird is pampered isn't he? (Is it a he?) You're sweet to think of it enough to want to still give him company when the other one is gone.

Well ladies...I went over to grandpa's and my he had some company...he was busy showing the "boys" his work he's done lately. I mentioned before that he's been busy making all kinds of things. He was so proud to be showing these off. The men were impressed....as always. I didn't have my camera w/me...I was going to take a photo of some of the things he made. Next time.

I need to pretty up a little before I go to work. You all have a great night and I will check in when I get off work.

Talk to you later

Marti 02-08-2005 06:48 PM

Ellen--You snuck up on me!! I'm in agreement w/Pam...handsome young man you have there!! Both your kids look attractive. And I still think they must get this from their mom......sure would love to see a photo of you!!

Wanted to say hi'......didn't want you to think I forgot ya!

Tea Rose 02-08-2005 06:59 PM

Marti what kinds of thing does your Grandpa make? Hey your closer to your goal than I am, must be because you actually use your gazelle :lol: I need to get motivated.That dang pig hasn't budged at all and she's one miserable looking piggy:lol:
Thanks Marti ,I don't know where they got their good looks from :lol: just luck I guess. Marti I will send a picture like Jenns no head :lol: will that do, Marti did you listen?

starfish1 02-08-2005 09:31 PM

Hi Girls,

Good day so far and since it's almost over with it may end up that way to. I did my exercises this a.m. and then was inspired to stay good all day and not eat anything wrong. I'm also going to take advantage of Ash Wed. and give up all the goodies for 40 days.Wish me luck. The games we play to lose weight. When I take the energy and time to exercise it's almost a waste of time and energy to eat fattening foods. My resolve sticks with me until the afternoon break. Ugh!

Jane~ Thinking about meeting everyone sure will help me to loose some weight. I'll be dipped if I want you guys to see me at my worst weight. Know you wouldn't care but I would.

TeaRose~ You got it right girl even in all the confusion. My 80 yr. old mums is getting hitched. Of course she isn't your typical mom. Five facelifts and 116 lbs. sopping wet with a figure of a 20 yr. old. If she weren't my mom I'd dislike her intensely. grin You know how bad it's getting? I'm starting to look less like her SISTER and more like her mother everyday. I only looked like a daughter until I was twelve. From then on people would say "Did you call her mother? Impossible". She is a lady through and through and I love her dearly but it's been hard being compared to her all these years. Whow, this may be phyc 101. Anyway she had him sign a pre-nup so let it rip.

Jenn~ Had to laugh when you discussed your cake. My mother just called and laid that on me along with getting the entertainment booked and my being the social director for the wedding. Her next call may be to have me take the pictures. I'm tired and I'm not even the bride.

Pam~ So sorryabout Birdie. The one and only one I ever had keeled over in front of me while I was ironing. It turned out to be because of a gas leak in my apt. It could have killed my son and me. It didn't make loosing it any better that's for sure. As for your x I just don't know the situation that well but have worked with families of alcoholics and they play games quite well. You know that. He may want to be alone to go back to the booz. Maybe watching from the sideline a little longer may give you a better idea if he's serious about quitting. Then if you help it will be a good thing for you all. You'll know what's really right.

Julie~ Boy do I relate to what you're going thru. For the last 7 years I had gotten along with the gals I worked with. Even bragged about it when all the others were nipping at each other. Well, one girl decided to leave and told the big boss the reason. She also told him that I could back up everything she said. She had turned just about everyone in for not doing there work and even worse things. My immediate boss who was implicated told me that the big boss wanted to talk to me. He never did but it got around that I backed up her story. Julie for months the girls would ignore me and worse. I'd ask why and they would walk away. They are all gone but it still hurts because I cared for them. I didn't learn the reason why they acted that way for months afterward. I'm not the same open person as I was before and just do my job with my residents. I would sooner work with a group of men then women any day. Good luck Julie

Christi~ I listen to you tell about the snow, rain cloudy dull day and I think how great it would be to have one of those 'OPEN THE BOOK DAYS" and curl up under a blanket and read. Sometimes I think the weatherman has a recording he puts on here in Florida everyday because it seldom changes .Fall and winter- Sunny, warm, mid 70's. Spring-Summer sunny hot mid 90's See, we're never happy are we? You sound like a great reader. Do you like bios or fiction? I'm into reading about the Presidents wives. Some of them were smarter than the Pres. and that's scary.

To everyone else a good day to you all. CHOW till tomorrow

Diane

starfish1 02-08-2005 09:40 PM

Marti~ Sorry. Missed your post. Didn't go back far enough. Yeh, the gazzelle is so much less strenuous than a treadmill and more fun. Whow, a half hour?. You're doing good. I started off with just 5 and now am up to 15 and 20 some days. I put it in front of my tv and try to forget I'm working out. It's great. Have a happy. Diane

Tea Rose 02-08-2005 10:11 PM

Hi Diane
Wow I'm perceptive and good looking :lol: "FIVE FACELIFTS" jeez a loo, I bet she can pull her socks up when she smiles :lol: wow, I was hoping for maybe one in my lifetime, and I don't know if I will ever have the courage to do it ,or the money, but if she's happy good for her. They can do some pretty amazing things , I heard a plastic surgeon on tv say you can look 30 forever. Well good for your Mom , I hope her Marriage is happy and successful and the pre-nup is a good idea. Congratulations on your being good today and doing your exercises, its so hard isn't it , to stay focused, Its even harder giving up all the goodies :corn:, I mean thats why they call them goodies , :chockiss: cause there good,:burger: and I for one like them. I am starting again tomorrow, giving it an honest try, I want these 30 lbs gone, I know I will feel better, and I even might look better, well thats a matter of opinion I guess and then I can go shopping for some new clothes. I don't want to be carrying this weight around this spring and summer so I had better get a move on haden't I. So you have warm weather all the time, I think although we complain about the cold ,and snow and ice and slush , I would miss the winter, I think its in our nature to complain , don't you. I do love the snow, regardless.I am like a little kid when the first snowfall comes , and the bigger the snowflakes the bigger the kid' :lol: I would imagine that reading about the presidents wives is pretty interesting , but are you really surprized, that some are smarter than the men :lol: If your giving up goodies for 40 days (does that include 40 nights to) :lol: then I will to, we can do this , I know we can :cheer: I have a gazelle to and I love it I just have to use it now. Well I suppose I had better go check on my baby kittens, make sure they are safe and sound in their beds, where I hope to be soon , not in theirs in my own, :lol: Well night for now,
Susan where are you , don't make me come out there,:lol:
Hi to all you other girls where ever you are, if I don't get to sleep I may be back.

Mom2Gaby 02-08-2005 11:18 PM

Hi Ellen -

omg- where did all the new members come from??? Wonderful and welcome to

Jenn -Diane and Doreen!! :cheers: :cheers: :hat: :cp: :jeno:

I am fine. I am here. Wish you would come out to Oregon and visit me Ellen!!
Rocky kind of bent my nose out of joint with his talk today of "Kris wanting to go to California this summer"

and my own thoughts are "excuse me but isn't the priority me and Gaby moving there??" or at the very least Rocky visiting Oregon.

Even his sister said that..........why are we letting Kris decide???? :shrug: my idea is that he is the :idea: baby:bb:

not that I am a judge :judge:

I always thought of myself as the .........:queen: QUEEN BEE

haha.....anyway, I just said "let me know what you are doing".

The parenting class went ok. I made it down in one piece. Mike hasn't even taken the class ( I thought he had ) and he has had 3 times to get it done....I thought the papers said 15 days within filing ( he filed back in mid November), but what do I know?????? Call me Perry, just don't call me Shirley.....
ha

anywho.....back to work......

Marti 02-09-2005 07:19 AM

Good Morning ladies.....

Wanted to come in and say that I more than likely won't make it to chat. I just got home and it's almost 4:30. I'm tired and I'm sure I won't be up by 11:00! But if for some reason something wakes me up....I'll be there.

Ellen--No way....we want the whole enchillada! You share a photo w/your head included! :D My grandpa made a mini dresser (as I call it) it's like a file cabinet w/doors. Very pretty. Plus he made a bunch of other items.....all so nice! I will take a photo soon and share.

Diane--I also put my gazelle in front of the TV and work out. I've been working my way up to 40 mins on it. I want to have a nice backside someday! :D :D :D I start out slow then work up the pace. By the time I'm done I'm all worn out and sweaty and ready for a shower!!

Susan--It's different for each parent to take the class. One has 15days after filing the papers and the other has 30days. It depends on who did the filing. How complicated it all must seem since you two aren't even married! That's whats getting me......

Ok....I NEED TO SLEEP!! So....

Good night girls

PamPSM644 02-09-2005 11:18 AM

:coffee2: Good AM to everyone.

Marti, how wonderful to have such lovely momentos from your Grandfather. I have a ceder chest and a Grandfathers clock my Dad made and they are very dear to me.The clock was made from black oak logs sent to him from a friends ranch in Ohio. Both peices are amazing. I have so much admiration for those who can creat with their hands.

Ellen, need pics of you and the babies. They must be so big by now and I have no idea what you look like.

Julie, it seems that no matter how old we get some people will still stay immature. The high school click your facing at work is such an example.

Susan, everytime he postpones or doesn't do what he's suppose to he looks bad and you look even better, so celibrate.

Jane,Cristi, Doreen,Jenn,Angie,A big yahooo to you. All this talk of a gazelle has made me want to investigate if perhaps I need one. :chin:

Pam

Jane 02-09-2005 11:34 AM

Hi ladies, :)

I've only got a few minutes, and there are just too many posts to comment on, lol. So I'll just say hello, and hope you have a great day.

TTFN,

RosieKate 02-09-2005 12:06 PM

Good morning!

I'm going to be around for chat today..so maybe I'll "see" some of you there!

Other than that, not much else going on today... need to catch up around the house -- again! Wasn't I just talking about how I cleaned up this weekend...didn't last long, lol!

Nice to see so many new folks......

Later, chickies