Old 01-31-2005, 04:17 PM   #16  

OMG, Kris, I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle. That is not good. I guess that's one way to slow it down. You are at a dead stop now. How is your gma? I hope Syd doesn't miss you too much while you are off your feet. Good luck starting SBD tomorrow. You will do very well on it I bet.

Roxy, don't these little ones know that they shouldn't get teeth until they are done nursing. I mean, did ya tell em' that if he gets teeth no boob? JK Anyway, I hope he's not a biter.

Ricci, I'm glad it's 5th's and not measles. Wish it was neither, but if it had to be something it's better that. Hopefully the rash goes and doesn't re-appear. I know it's not pleasant looking. Did they say at this point it's not contagious. I'm pretty sure it's not after the rash is there. It's before that time that everyone gets exposed.

Anyway, Well, I did 1 1/2 hours at the gym and I did my challenge. Challenge I did before leaving the house this morning. I still have my homework to do from the trainer which consists of reverse situps..."butt lifts" calf stretching, since mine were so bad today and something else. I have to look at my list. So probably another 1/2 hour before I finish the day. I promised the kids I wouldn't leave them at the nursery for 2 hours today. I went to BJ's and got case a diapers and wipes and some other much needed stuff. I also spent about 45 minutes painting with the kids. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. BUgga never used regular paint before only the water colors. I have pics that I'll post in a little while. What a mess though. Well, at least the bath is done and I don't have to do that on dh's last night home for the week. Left over Turkey meat loaf for dinner and soup. bbl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:20 PM   #17  

Jilly, that was a tease that I didn't get Personal...anyway, I bet you will love the pilates classes. LMK. I'm waiting to get in a little better shape and then I might take a spin class. I don't know how I will do though. Great job on the workout today. You are doing so well. BTW that is a great pic of your family. You all look like you are very close. I think that's nice to have. ANyway, hope you are having a nice day...
Old 01-31-2005, 05:44 PM   #18  
Jeniqua

Hello ladies!! Today I am kicking it up a notch as well. Even though I still can't eat without my mouth hurting I am making this week my best yet. After Wednesady I am going to be UPSTOPPABLE!! I still have 40 pounds to lose. My friend is getting married on August 20th(4 days before my 29th Birthday!) and I want to have the weight off by then. The dress she picked out is one of those form fitting type dresses with spaghetti straps! I hate my arms and want to see some definition there by the wedding and I have to lose my stomach because that dress sticks to the stomach area. I know it seems like a huge goal but with all your words of encouragement and my motivation I CAN DO IT!! The wedding is like 6 1/2 months away so ladies today is a start for a new beginning to a healthy weight loss for me as well. I really want to go to the gym today but does it make sense?? I'm not getting much food in me to begin with...decisions, decisions.

Mel~ Way to go girl!! Watch out everyone here comes the Lean, Mean, Fighting Machine to a new healthy and thinner Melissa! I'm here to cheer you along all the way..GO MEL GO WTG on the pound down! When is DH leaving??

Deana~ Whew! You're even busier than you were before Christmas. How do you do it?? Congrats on your WI!! That's great. My dh is doing much better thanks for asking. Noo.. Wednesady isn't coming fast enough..lol!

Gretchen~ I will be praying that you are able to find the right job for you.

Well my post has been sitting here all day..lol. I had a house full of kids today..So, here's my post from this morning..

Noo, Wednesday isn't coming fast enough..lol.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:16 PM   #19  
I will suceed!!!

Default Thank you ladies...

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I know that part of the problem, is that I haven't had any time to heal. The problems between my h and I are constantly starring me in the face, cause there is just no where to go. I know that we need to seperate, and once that is done, I will have a chance to deal with the hurt. But right now, I feel so trapped. Tomorrow is my appointment with the workforce commission, here's hoping that I can get somewhere as far as work is concerned with them!

Anyway, good luck to everyone on the last week of the challenge! Have a good night.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:57 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hi everyone~
Hubby and I had Indian food for lunch. Interesting. It seemed like it had a lot of veggies, but I'm not too sure about it. My stomach was gurgling for about two hours after eating it.. LOL.

Jeniqua - That sounds like a good goal for you. I know you can do it!

Tabitha - I hope things get better for you real soon.

Jill - I love the pic of the ladies! You guys look awesome.

Ricci - Fifths Disease is no fun. Actually, I had it myself about two years ago. I felt like I had gotten arthritis, I was so stiff and sore. Poor little guy. Hope he feels better soon.

Kristin - good luck on SBD. My husband does better on lower carb diets than I do, but I think I could do pretty well on SB. Whatever works, ya know? I know you'll do great.

Roxy - DH does get some exercise and he follows my eating plan when it's convenient for him. LOL, if he wants something "bad", he usually finds a way to justify eating it. He could stand to lose about 20 lbs himself.

Congrats to Deana and Melissa on the great weight loss!!!! Deana - did you get to Curves today? Do you like "your" Curves? I think most of the women who go to mine are pretty snotty. It's like everyone is really shy or in their own little world when they're exercising. I like to chat to help pass the time, but I usually don't since no one really seems like they want to chat.

I have a kid brag today - one of my friends sent me an email entitled "Sean is Awesome". Sean (my 15yo) comforted her daughter after her boyfriend broke up with her apparently without making either party feel badly about the breakup since they're all friends. Sean's hug and humor (her words) really helped her daughter feel better since she was bummed out about the breakup. Wow! I had no idea my kid was such a diplomat! LOL. Gotta love these boys!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:16 PM   #21  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay...You guys have all been busy little campers today. Yikes! I was busy too, but just at work. I got some candy weighed and the end of the month inventory done...orders put up and things cleaned up. I DIDN'T EVEN EAT ANY CANDY TODAY AT ALL!!!!

This will be a group "personal" post. I have decided to try the South Beach Diet. I am having a hard time getting out of this stalled mode I'm in. I have a serious carb-craving problem. SB looks like I could handle it. I'll miss my taters but at least I don't have to worry to much about bread since I'm allergic to it. I've been having a hard time with life in general, so I've simplified some things. 1. One thing I did was quit posting on all the threads I was posting on. I've been spending more time on the computer than anything. It's not fair to me or my family. I have really sucked with doing my challenges lately. I think being frustrated so much about my weight just zapped my motivation. MELISSA I am going to kick it up a notch this week and make that last ditch effort to end this challenge on a positive note. I am so proud of you! You are definitely an inspiration to al of us. Okay...2. I bought everything to make the first 2 weeks of menus in Phase 1 of the SBD book. And I mean everything. I was so pumped up and more confident after loading my cart with veggies and good stuff instead of crackers and junk. 3. Water! Water! Water!...enough said there. 4. I'm going to kick it up with the exercise. I need to get in the habit of moving more. I was doing my exercise in the a.m. after the girls went to school, and I'm going to start with that again.

Okay...Gotta go! DH is getting the rest of the sheetrock put up for my sewing room. JILLYBEAN You girls are all so pretty. Great pic.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:08 PM   #22  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Just a quickie from me, just wanted to say SO COOL to Chris about SBD! I'm excited for you! I hope that it gives you that extra edge you need to start losing again. I needed to kick it up a notch to start losing again too and this definitely helped!! Ok need to get dinner going! TTYL I'll be back later
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:30 PM   #23  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good evenin' ladies!

Kristin: Oh My!!! Stay off that ankle and let it heal! Did it swell much? Hope not.

Jen: Sounds like you are sooooo motivated to reach goal for the wedding. You Go Girl!!! Btw, I don't really know how I do it, I just do .

Chris: to you on your new motivation! Great job staying out of those darned peach rings today . on SBD.

Tabitha: on the work issues!

Gretchen: I love my Curves! Usually there isn't anyone else in there but if there is I talk to them anyway,. If there isn't anyone else, I talk to the girl that works there because I know her from elsewhere. Just jump in and talk to them, make them your workout buddies! . Snooty or not, they are NO better than you are....remember that! And NO, I didn't make it to Curves today.....again! I got ready to take a shower and use my new hair stuff and dh woke up, needed me to look up some things for him, then it was lunch time and by the time I got out the door dd HAD to go with me and they were closed . I WILL be there tomorrow, regardless. How sweet of Sean....all boys should be that emotionally in touch.

Jill: No I wasn't particularly referring to SB to Chris earlier. I know there are other diets out there that really reduce all carbs and I know I couldn't do it. I wasn't really referring to any one diet. Sorry if it sounded like I was putting down SB, but I wasn't. I apologize, forgive me?!? PLEEEEEEASE??? You have such a beautiful family! Wish mine looked like that, but I got the overweight whammy from both sides, mom and dad's. Almost all of the women in my family are grossly obese. I know that sounds mean but I'm talking over 300's here. Atleast 75% of them anyway. The rest are almost all over 200. One day I'll be the skinniest woman in my family.....lol!

Roxy: I'm changing my official title, just for you hon!

Ricci: So sorry to hear RJ has Fifth Disease. I don't have any experience with it, and hope I don't. Hope he gets to feeling better very soon!

Mel: You are the "Workout Queen" !

Thank you all for the kudos on my loss this week! . I can't wait to get my digital camera back so I cna be in the next challenge. I want to kick butt and tone up my own .

Well, spent an hour on the phone with my brother and am late getting kids to bed. I'll try to check in tomorrow morning, if not later in the day.

Have a Great OP Day!!!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:23 PM   #24  
a.k.a. Roxy

Evening everyone,
Well, I have all the little ones in bed, the older ones are finishing up homework. I will stay up only a while longer.

Chris! I'm so proud of you! No Peachy rings???? That's willpower!!! I think you will really do great on SBD, you have hubby and Jill to keep you in check. Honestly, I don't think it's about deprivation. More like a healthy way of eating, a true life-style change. Get rid of all those white foods and processed frankenfoods that we love so much, but are nutritional nightmares for our bodies. Ya know, I love Pringles. Did you ever read the side of one of those cans? Is that real food anyway? No wonder my body blew up!
I know that you can do this. You will feel better too. You will see a big change by summer. You have a good start already, look you made a committment outline. 1. Time for yourself and family 2. eat right 3. water 4.exercise. You got it!

Gretchen- sounds like you have a nice boy, I like hearing about good teenager stuff! Are you still gurgly after your lunch?

Tabitha-I hope that your interview with WF goes well tomorrow. Do you have family nearby to perhaps help out?

Jeniqua- Girl, I can't wait for you to post the pic of yourself in that dress! If anyone can make it on determination, it's you! I think that you can lose 40 lbs. by August. Just be safe, nothing rash, sensible eating and exercise.
Does your sister have to wear that dress too? Didn't you say that she just took off a bunch of weight also. What did she do? You said, but I can't remember.

Mel- no, no, I can't do the ol' booby biting! That's when he flys solo and has to go on food for good. I think I'd be a nervous wreck or something if I had to put up with that for too long. I usually try to nurse a year, sometimes they wean early, sometimes I have to literally push them off me. He won't be nursing too much longer, he is very interested in food already. Maybe he'll be done before the next challenge. I hope so. That won't stop me anyway. Sometimes they just want something to help them relax and go to sleep, not really for nutrition. By then, he should be eating mostly everything he wants.

Jillybean- dang! You women don't look anything alike at all, do you? My goodness! You could pick you all out of a crowd. Except for cousin Whitney, she looks a bit different than the rest, maybe it's the glasses. Your Mom is nice looking too. Good genes! Btw- I said I'd take another baby, if that were the will of God, don't make me pregnant yet though! I hope I have a bit of a gap, ya know! I ain't getting any younger! I really would like to get a substantial weight loss under me before I became pregnant (if I do!) again. This last baby really whipped me...I was sooooo tired all the time. Old and pregnant don't go together well. That's why God cuts us off after a while. He knows what he's doing!

Hi Ricci- hope your ds is feeling better soon! Fifth's disease, I admit I've never heard of it. What is it?

Michelle- how are you doing today? Study, work, exercise and eat. I know you don't sleep! How the challenge coming? I can't wait to see how this all turns out!!!!

Deana- I forgot to tell you WTG on the weight loss! Whoo hoo!! Keep it up! You will be in oneunderland sooo soon! How do you spell the wolf whistle?

Penny -how is everything?

I hope that I didn't forget anyone...was there someone new yesterday????
Well, I'm gonna kick back and maybe take a long soaking bath. Nighty Night!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:02 AM   #25  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quickie post to Ricci...
I only had one kid who got fifth disease and that was Tiana. She's 11 now so I can't remember too much about it. I guess I lucked out. No measles, no chicken pox here..

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 07:39 AM   #26  

Starting a new thread...see ya