Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #16  
RosieKate

I've needed to post here..but just lost track with all that's been going on around my house this week.

Haven't exercised as much as I should have, so today I hope to get an hour long walk in....
food's been ok...I'm down part of a pound..according to my brand spanking new WW scale that weighs to a tenth of a pound...

Like everyone else, I have been kind of hoping it would all come off faster, and its just happening the way it always does..slowly but surely. I doubt I'll be at goal by my 40th bday in June, but I do know I'll be on the right track

Jane - thanks for the offer, but I 'll pass for now...I looked at one in the library and the recipes didn't really jump out at me. It is kind of you to offer to send it.

Today I am going to try the General Tso's Chicken in the WW Take-Out Tonight cookbook. I have high hopes, because that is one of my favorite chinese dishes. Wish me luck!

Old 02-05-2005, 01:22 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Katy~hey, whatever the loss it IS a loss! So you can be happy about that. It all adds up in the end. Not sure that was such good choice of words but ya know what I mean. Do you like your new WW scales? I almost bought some at Bed, Bath & Beyond when I was looking for new ones. May have to go get them afterall. My new ones are just as goofy as the old ones. I do know what ya mean though about it coming off slowly. It is very frustrating but at the same time I try to keep it in my mind that I didn't put this on over night so it's not going to come off overnight. We are rooting for ya though and wishing you tons of luck.

Jane~I used to buy those packaged salads mainly for convenience but quit a while back. Just like the fresher taste of a head of lettuce. I need to put a little corner some where in the back yard so I can grow some cherry tomatoes. Love 'em but they are so expensive in the store for just a little bit. I am going to have to try the dreamsicle cake, maybe for DS#2 BD this month. Was going to make V a cake for Valentine's day, a heart shaped one but got him his favorite pie (coconut cream) instead. Just happened to see it so got it while I was thinking about it. Meant to make him one a while back and never did so...and I don't like it so I won't be eating it. And he knows to NOT buy me any chocolates for V-day. Anyway...glad you are doing well with maintaining.

Pam~maybe sometimes we just need a binge under our belt to get it out of the way and then get back on track. Of course maybe that is my problem too-thinking a binge every now and then is fine. You've come so far and I know you will get back on track.

Katiecat~I too won't exercise in front of the family. The exercise bike, treadmill (walking), the weights, yeah but the work-out videos? NO WAY! Although, DS got me on tape doing the WATP video one day and then another day I was walking on the treadmill and had my headphones on and was singing and all the while he was taping me! He thought that was so funny and whispered in the camera "That is the worst singing I have ever heard in my life!" I told him I was going to kill him but did leave it on there-thought it would be something to look back on and laugh at. Guess no American Idol for me! LOL

I have a plan ladies. Just not sure if I should set a date to reach the goal or leave it open. Anyway, starting Monday I am going to WI and see the damage done from the last week and am starting anew. I am going to and focus on eating healthy and not so much the loss itself so maybe setting a date to reach goal is not a good idea. So we will see how it goes.

Wishing us all a good lossing week and much luck!
Old 02-05-2005, 05:54 PM   #18  

Height: 5'1"

Hi girls---

Jane--to help keep your salad fresher longer.....put something on the bottom of your container to keep it fresh. I have a fresh spacer to put on the bottom of mine, but they suggest if you don't have one.....utensils work just as well! Lets what ever moisture go straight to the bottom and leaves the salad off.

I haven't WI today...will do that later and see how I'm doing. I'm off schedule (sleep wise ) again for the weekend! Hate it when that happens. Have been doing the Gazelle every day....but didn't yesterday and haven't yet today...will get on it tonight.

Cristi--Hurray for you!! I would leave it open for now......why put more pressure on to set a goal at a certain date? Any loss at any time is all good. I know you can do it!!

I have to clean up here soon to get to town. Going to do some bargain shopping. Get the most out of $25 that I got for my birthday. Let's see what I can do!
Old 02-06-2005, 07:36 AM   #19  
GmaTo8

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!!

Katy - oic about the cookbook - no poblem at all! YAY for the part-of-a-pound gone!!! Any loss is a good loss, right? How'd the chinese chicken turn out? Hope it was yummy.

Cristi - have you ever tried grape tomatoes? They are so good! Just a tiny hint of sweetness to them. Sometimes I cut them in half, fill a salad plate with them in one layer, and drizzle some Light Done Right dressing over. Fills me up and is very points-friendly. Way to go, having a new plan. Sounds like a good idea. Tell your son I'll send $$ for a copy of that video, lol.

Marti - thanks for the salad tip! Are you still liking the Gazelle ok? I decided to just do my videos since I don't know where I would store any equipment. I am truly space-challenged, lol. Notice how fast I filled in the space where the treadmill was! But to tell you the truth, I was sorry I put it in the playroom in the first place. It really took away from the kid-friendly atmosphere, ya know?

Today will be a big challenge! Super-bowl Sunday with party foods! I avoided it like the plague last year while I was still losing, but am more up to it this year.

Hope your Sunday is a good one!
Old 02-07-2005, 12:52 PM   #20  
PamPSM644

Well,who'd-a-thought? I average 3100 steps at every walk, I do it as briskly as I can,and each morning I get better on the time it takes to do it.My wonderful Walmart pedometer says this is 1.45 miles . Ha,at least with the walk I'm cooking.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #21  
One day at a time

Jane~yeah, I have tried the grape tomatoes and didn't/don't care for them. Ummm, don't think so...no one is going to see that video!

Marti~glad you are really liking the gazelle!

Pam~WTG on your walking! You are doing great!

Ms. Katy~how are you doing?

Well, I weighed in today and have to say I am very pleased with what I saw. Of course I almost forgot and weighed with half my clothes on. With the way I have been caring on I am up a 1/2 pound so I am relieved. I really was afraid to get on the scales for fear of a 2-3 pound gain or even more. So today is the day I start over ladies. Wish me luck. Reward here I come! I am going to go change the weight tracker, start it at my starting weight today...I like them but I don't like the fact that it doesn't show/accept 1/2 pounds.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:23 PM   #22  

Hi you all, well I did I went ot the gym. Duke came with me and waited in the car while I had my workout. He hates for me to leave him at home so during the winter I let him come with me when ever possible. So when I was done with my workout we did go for a good walk in the rain around the shopping plaza. Hoping that since I broke the ice and went today I will continue. I am usually pretty good about it once it is worked into my rutine. Tomorrow we will going hiking at the bark park and I will try to hit the gym on the way home.

Did not feel much like cooking tonight so I made DH and myself smoked salmon and feta omletes for dinner and italian sausgae and nutella sandwhiches for the kids.

Hope everyones plan for exercise and food went well today, it is a boost to acually achieve your goals for the day. Not something I accomplish that often. I make a list just so I can see what I don't really need to do and cross stuff off or get so exhusted looking at that I do nothing.(LOL)

Jane...Patty melt, my absolute favorite!! I even remember the resturant where I had my first one.

Hope everyones evening goes well. Thanks for letting me express my joy over today.

Doreen
Old 02-08-2005, 08:41 AM   #23  
RosieKate

HI gals
WTG Cristi! I like how you have set your tracker for you mini-goal...that's a good strategy. I've been doing ok...got a new scale that shows my weight to a tenth of a pound, so I see what you mean about the trackers.

I'm still struggling to get in a rhythm of losing...It's frustrating. I know you are right when you say it took a long time to gain it all, it will take a long time to lose it all. I just need to take a deep breath and stay positive everyday. I'm still getting the spiritual weight loss newsletter everyday from beliefnet and it helps to read that and start the day off with a good attitude and sense of purpose.

Today.....
I planned out my dinner menus for the week
I am going to walk or get on the stepper
and I think I am also going to get back into writing down all my food again. The points tracker thingy I have is nice but I need to plan out my day on paper...helps me stay OP

Old 02-08-2005, 11:22 AM   #24  
One day at a time

Day one went well for me. Drank a lot more water than I have in months which is good for me. I will be drinking lots more today because I am out of diet coke and the weather is bad so I refuse to get out in it. Just glad I have lots of bottled water on hand. Maybe I'll make some tea later... trying to avoid the caffeine.

Woke up today and decided that i am in a rut and this may be contributing to me not losing. I have kind of given up on the way I look as far as fixing myself up daily. I have gotten into such a funk that if I don't go anywhere, most days I will lounge around in my pjs all day. Even tho V doesn't mind I know deep down it has to bother him...wouldn't you think? Even tho he says he loves me just the way I am. When we were first together I always fixed myself up and the last two or three years it seems half the time I am in jammies, or so it seems. Of course part of that I think is because he works so much and is gone a lot so I kinda got it in my head, what's the point. I know getting up in the morning and fixing myself up makes me feel better about myself. So I have decided to get back in the habit of fixing myself up every day. No jammies once I get up. I really can't believe how I have let myself go. I did cut my hair last week, not much but enough to where I have to wear it down. I grew tired of just pulling it back and twisting it up, which is fine once in a while but not all the time. Also, dyed it and must say it looks and so much better.

Anyway...Katy I definitely can see your point. I get so frustrated trying to lose I just quit. I don't actually quit but take a break and then start again, take a break, start again...I too need to think positive-my biggest problem. I'm always looking for that quick fix too knowing that there is no quick fix. I let myself go shortly after meeting V and I am not sure why. I took care of myself after DH#1 passed away. Not so much because I was looking for a man because I wasn't. Maybe it was in the back of my mind I don't know. But I was at a weight I was pleased with and felt good about myself. Not that I am blaming V for anything because it is all me. Just got comfortable and let myself go. Now it is hard as heck to get back on track. I agree also about beliefnet...a GREAT way to start the day! I know you will get the rhythm soon and then watch out!

Doreen~WTG on getting to the gym and getting the walk in.

Hope everyone else is doing fine.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-08-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:45 PM   #25  
GmaTo8

Just wanted to pop in and say I did it! I found a place to put a Gazelle, so I bought one. (see what you started, Marti, lol!!) Neal and I rearranged the living room furniture, got rid of an extra chair, and so it isn't too visible when you come in the house. It will be left unfolded, ready to use, and I'll pull it in front of the TV to use. Not the most ideal place, but I am willing to give up something like that for my health.

Pam - yay for all the walking!! After being limited from the MS, don't you just feel great about that?

Cristi - yay for not gaining what you thought you would have!! V sounds like my Neal. Whatever makes me happy, makes him happy. But you probably would feel better if you fixed up. Putting on my "face" and a decent outfit can always make me feel better. I get in a rut, too, though, so I know just what you mean.

Doreen - I love salmon, too. Have you ever cooked it with a little teriyaki sauce and honey on it? Very good - like Applebee's. It's good that I live so far away from Johnny Rocket's, because the patty melt could be a problem, lol.

Katy - sounds like you have a good thing going, mentally. A positive attitude surely helps.

Marti - how's it going for you?

ttfn,
Old 02-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #26  
One day at a time

Thumbs up

WTG Jane! You ladies are making me want a Gazelle!! I think having it in the living room is a fine idea. Before we moved we had our treadmill in the living room and you couldn't see it. There was a little bit of an entry way by the front door, more like a little cubbie hole, so we put it there and it faced the tv. We never used the front door because we had a circular drive that went around the back and everyone came to the back door so it was out of the way and hidden. Glad now though it is in it's own room. Now maybe if I put a tv in there I might use it more. The room is in the basement and the only one that doesn't have a window so there is nothing to look at. Need to get some pictures on the wall too, maybe that would help.

Today is going well also. Getting that water down. I think starting with two bottles and doing that for the month of January did make it a habit and now I've added the third and really it isn't too bad. Still don't like water but I am getting used to drinking it everyday. Now to work on the eating healthy and making it a habit. Then on to exercise. I know a lot of the laziness is the weather and it being so cold and gloomy. So can't wait till spring is here and I can get outdoors.

Hope everyone is doing fine.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:53 PM   #27  
GmaTo8

Cristi - having a TV to watch while exercising makes all the difference! The time passes by quickly when you're caught up in a show or a DVD. YAY for you, drinking all the water! It sure helps the weight come off easier. Don't know why, but it does for me anyway. The Gazelle I got was at Walmart for 97 bucks, and is just what I was looking for. One thing I like is how, when you lean forward, it really works the back of my arms. Maybe I can get these bat wings reduced, lol.

Hello to the other losers, lol.

Ciao, ladies!
Old 02-10-2005, 06:37 AM   #28  

Height: 5'1"

It's been a little bit since I've been over here.......sorry...

How am I doing? Well I'm happy to say I'm down ONE little pound!! Which makes me smile BIG!!!

I haven't changed my tracker yet though....waiting until the weekend to make sure I'm still at 144. Amazing!!

I will check in more often here.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:39 AM   #29  
GmaTo8

Marti - Yay for the one pound!!! And what's even better, you're toning, too!!
Old 02-15-2005, 03:41 PM   #30  
One day at a time

Marti~not sure how I missed that you lost a pound, oops!

Jane~I saw the gazelle and they are the same price here. It looks like it would be fun to do. I agree, a tv does make it easier to exercise and makes the time go by faster. When I have no music or anything on I find myself always looking at the timer and thinking, geez, it's only been 5 mns.! So definitely need a tv in that room.

I forgot to weigh in on Monday morning. Got caught up in the days events that it slipped my mind till after lunch. Was going to WI this morning but thought I would go ahead and wait till Monday, even though it is killing me. The food is okay, could be doing better I know. Still trying to get in an exercise routine, it will come, slowly but surely.

So how is everyone else doing?
Closed Thread