3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Battle of the Bulge #9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/52352-battle-bulge-9-a.html)

redballoon 01-27-2005 04:59 PM

back in the saddle. . .

Crime girl, thanks so much for the horoscope and coming in here just to post that. Wow, it certainly is a positive one. I wish so much to believe in it. Unfortunately, it's looking to be one of those days that will be locked into routine because I have to be at the paper. Hard to experience life in there, let alone soaring. But, not knocking your horoscope by any means! I, as I said, am a very stubborn and "contrary" person, which translates to mean that I am a diehard optimist, sometimes taken to the point of seeming madness. So, when one voice inside (sounds like Sybil!) is going, "yeah, right. . " another is going, "I'm going to show you what I can do despite that GD'd office. Soaring can take on many guises and one can reach out with the phone and through email. Contacts! Morse code from within the prison walls. So, again, Crime girl, thank you for your horoscope. I really appreciate it. :love:

NBK -- isn't it great with the canter? Every time I make a little progress and actually, this was bigger than it sounds, because it meant my legs are finally NOT moving and I am sitting with absolutely no movement in my upper torso, finally getting to follow the movement with only my elbows. My horse just wants everything so right. In a way, her "uncooperativeness" is, I suppose, like a schoolmaster's listening to every little movement, except with her she does it because I think she doesn't want to be annoyed by anything I'm doing that she doesn't understand. Good for her! Being half cold-blood, maybe more, she is a lovely trotter but the canter has been very poor, four-beat and she has a lazy right hind and is always wanting to lean heavy on the left fore. But again, that lovely trot is only once she decides to go. Even with an excellent rider, she seems to need to be told, "Look, we're going to work." She'll be balking and then a few slaps with the whip and perhaps a spin and she'll suddenly just switch and that's it, she goes forward without another word. The similarities between her and myself are never lost on me! ;) So, yes, it's been hard. I think I am learning amazing things from my teacher, who is a tiny woman, I mean, can you say anorexic, but actually I think she is very strong, like a wire (she's in there mucking out stalls every day) and she wins top awards in the national shows here) but she is just so non forthcoming with any sort of praise or encouragement. But I watch very, very closely when she rides and am also learning to understand her way of communicating and not be hurt or discouraged so much by what she is saying. OK, enough of that, sorry nonhorsey types. I should PM this but it's too much trouble.

As for music, thanks for collective soul and STP. I found "spit me out" by collective soul. Really like that as a slower song. Slow songs, unless they're like blues or Louis Armstrong things, really bug me. I get so impatient listening to them. Do you know spit me out? I really like that kind of sound too. People think I'm stuck in the old music but I'm not really. I just didn't have exposure to new things but I love finding new music. I especially love to make up tapes with really strange mixes that include things from the 40s and so, Judy Garland singing Over the Rainbow or Frank Sinatra's My Way, Satchmo's What a Wonderful World (which always makes me cry) Elvis or maybe even a bit of modern classic such as Debussy's Clair de Lune and then the next song will be a sudden leap into Rob Zombie or Chemical Brothers. I think you're like that too, aren't you NBK. By the way, your real name, Tiffany, is so cool.

Answer to question about favorite thing is I think very similar to Crime girl's answer. I guess for me it was just movement, running, bicycling, sledding down the hills at breakneck speed, riding this red wagon down the hill and then turning it before it went out into the main road so hard that it would skid out and tip over (that's the only way you could stop it). Because CG said, what made you "run" out of the house I was thinking of those "fast" things I used to do.

OK, gotta do some work, eat breakfast.

Stormy, grass, Jacque, kjk (where are you?), michi, anyone I missed, check you out later! :wave:

stormy1 01-27-2005 05:05 PM

Red, hi! Stone Temple Pilots have been around since around 90 or so. I saw them in concert more than a few times. When I first saw them I was in 9th grade and hardly anyone knew them. The lead singer is now the singer of Velvet Revolver. His name is Scott and he has an awesome voice. Now what is going on with you? Crawl out of that dark hole that you are in. We are here for you. You only get one life to live so make the most out of it. C'mon RED!!!!

GH, check in before your trip. I hope you have a great time. Don't let your diet get in the way of having fun. Have you tried Stott Pilates? It is on sale at Blockbuster right now. There are also several Denise Austin Pilates tapes. Which Pilates ones do you have with Denise Austin.

CG, thanks for the boob offer. I do not want huge ones but I do want more than I have. For example, if I am wearing a form fitting strapless dress I want something to hold the dress up. I wear 36B, it just does not go with my body. I blame it on starting exercise and sports too early. I have always been somewhat of a tomboy.

NBK, I am so jealous that you get to walk on the beach. You know that walking in the sand is also a great form of exercise.

redballoon 01-27-2005 05:42 PM

Hi there, stormy, you were posting when I was. Yeah, I'm OK, thanks for thinking of me. I'm not really in a dark hole. Well, I mean, actually I'm pretty weird I suppose, meaning I'm actually never really forthcoming about myself. But it's not really because I don't want to be. I just have never been a chatter. Never. I suppose that's why I write and you see, this is writing, but sometimes it feels like talking because of the immediate response of things so maybe in the more emotional times I withdraw from the conversation.

But you guys here are great. I love the mix of people we have, but especially that most everyone seems to be pretty active and full of life. I don't meet enough people like that, in fact, very few and the older I get the fewer there seem to be. People my age are like dead! as far as I'm concerned and even many people 20-30 years younger than me are dead or just so shallow, like zonked out on codeine or something, nothing inside there, maybe dulled from too much TV or something. I used to think this "dead" thing was an age thing and now I realize it has nothing to do with age at all. My grandfathers and an aunt I know were incredibly active till the day they died and they lived long long lives, my aunt is still alive. I think I take after them.

All this talk about boobs. . . Can't say I have anything to offer. :lol: I'm more with you stormy, nothing much there except when I put on fat. I think once the body learns to access the fat cells from those areas they start to disappear. But for some people the body won't use that fat until the last moment, so you have people I suppose like grasshopper is, thin everywhere but. I, for one, have no use for big boobs, much as men may like them. I have always been a tomboy and into exercise and they just get in the way.

OK, really got to go.

redballoon 01-27-2005 07:14 PM

All right, no one posting. I guess not. People wrapping up work I suppose. I've got to leave for work now. Am going out a bit early to try to get some walking in. I have been working out and doing a lot of exercise these days. Eating has been so-so, still wasting a lot of calories on sweets. I suppose the weight training is depleting my glycogen stores and I just want something real sweet. But I have been limiting it and putting good food in FIRST. And last night I just said, "No, stop it, enough's enough. Either you get this fat off NOW!! or give it up, shut the trap."

START WALKING THE TALK!!

HAL123 01-27-2005 07:20 PM

Hmm you can be a tom boy and have boobs! Ok so mine aren't huge.. but they are there! 36-34C lol.. but it does hurt to squish them under life jackets and in harnesses. so in the end I figure youre right.

OMG... Scott Weiland is very hot. He is an amazing singer, just the fact too that as the years have gone on, his voice has got better. I am soooooooo jealous you have been to see him stormy.. but soon oh soon I get to see him too!. BF is a bit non-plussed about my schemes to get back stage or get an autograph.. he he.. I'm joking most of the time.. ;-) Sorry for the teen scene guys...

Collective soul are great too, I really hear you about slow songs. If it is slow, for me it has to have some ethereal musical quality, something that makes me think - gosh this is beautiful. There is a song on STP's 5th? or 4th album that does it for me. It's pretty sad.. it's called: Wonder. The lyrucs are pretty sad but beautiful at the same time. i presume he wrote it for his wife/sons.
But yeah I am a bit weird about music just like you red! he he. I love 'cellos in classical stuff. it's that haunthing deep but hollow sound they have.

Thanks for the comment on my name. Sometimes I get a bit down about it when I constantly see it on Rikki lake or jerry springer belonging to some stripper/crack addict/whore.. but hey take the good with the bad! he he. It's not very common in NZ.

Stormy - I know I am so lucky to be able to walk on the beach. When i was in europe, that was one of the things I missed dearly. That and the sun!

My co-worker is trying to sell me some skis at the moment.. now that would be fun, but hard to think about in summer!!
Take care
T

HAL123 01-27-2005 07:23 PM

Red- sorry I went out for lunch halfway through my post. Enjoy your walk! Something that might help with the cravings for sweets is watered down orange juice. Especilaly after a work out.

i wish I could shut my trap and walk the walk at the moment. Grr I feel so yuck today!

Crime girl 01-27-2005 07:37 PM

Hi everyone!

How was everyone's day today?? how is your day going so far NBK and red??

I worked all day and I have to say today was a mix review. The good parts were being left as the only person in my department all day (nobody to bug me), exercise with Maya for 30 minutes, and coming home to my dog who now looks like a hound because he is shaved. :D
The down things are office politics about where people are moving to in the office of all things, a persistant headache, and waiting in line for an hour (literally) to pick up a prescription that was called in 3 days ago. :mad:

Anyway- on the silly side- I earned new songs and places to work out on my xBox game so that was exciting. I know- lame- but still exciting. I am really starting to look forward to working out and I even did it today with a headache!

Enough about me-

Red- glad you are not in too deep- sounds like you are getting a little better. You can still soar at work you know. Also sounds like things are starting to gel between you and your horse and the canter sounds wonderful! Glad she is coming around.
When you were talking about music you were talking about some of the oldies but goodies. Have you ever heard of Michael Buble? He is this totally hot man who sings a lot of the old standards and his voice is out of this world! I am with you on new as well as old though. I strangely enough listen to absoultely everything- country, rap, folk, world, rock, little pop, blues, anything and everything. I use to be a manager in the music department of a Borders and I got all kind of free CDs and it was spectaculor. Anyway- if you like folk and like a little humor try Laura Love- she actually has a song on one of her albums to her "bootie". It is so damn funny!

stormy- just say the word and I will ship you Fedex all the boobs you want- well...once I figure out how to detach these things...I hate them. Always in the way and are the last to deflate so even when I lose weight I still look big. Hate that!
How is everything else with you?? You are always good to respond to everyone but little about you sometimes. How are you?

NBK-Sounds like you are majorly into music too. I like STP. Not so much into Collective but to each his own.
Still having fun with your boy?

Okay happy people- I must go. I am still here in my workout clothes and the shower is calling me. (my dog is looking at me like - heard of bathing?). Hope you all had a wonderful day or night!

HAL123 01-27-2005 09:37 PM

CG - your dog probably wants to roll in you! he he.. man my dog used to find some lovely things to perfume herself with! he he... yep the boy and I are still having fun, in fact he shouted me to lunch today! yum yum.. and we managed to stay away from the chocolate mudcake (although just now for afternoon tea I had a sausage roll, 1 club sandwich and 1/2 a lamington... ooohh leaving shouts...grrr). but that's ok, i'll be at the gym/walking all weekend, and have no bad foods in the house. But I just figured you girls would probably be tired of me going on about all the stuff we do, so i dropped the subject so to speak.

Day is going ok, I have a top secret mission, with a horrendous deadline on it, and of course the data reporting systems I need to use are poked. and the it guy isn't able to fix it until monday! eeek.. but hey stress makes you stronger right! ha ha

I love love love love love music. I am such a junky. I had to stop going into CD stores as I was wasting too too too much $$ on cd's. But then I started buying of amazon.. have placed a self ban on that site too! he he...

Micheal BUble he he.. I know him. I like the originals tho, dean martin etc.. Johnny mathers is croon tastic!

Au revoir
Tiff

redballoon 01-27-2005 09:56 PM

No time to post. Sneakin' one in at work here. Did one more extra subway stop than usual this morning! Kept my jacket off underneath my coat so I wouldn't start attracting the dogs, like you Crime girl!! Of course, like NBK says, you're just starting to smell, oh, so, yummy. And having your workout clothes on, does that mean you were working out, or just getting comfortable. I hope it was the former! And this Laura Love, what's the song you like?

OK, gotta run.

Crime girl 01-27-2005 10:18 PM

Hi!
Just a quick post because my head is throbbing.
The BO is from me working out with Maya. That chick is harsh- the funny thing is I am still on the lowest setting. Oh well- baby steps..
NBK- Don't stop talking about the boy- it is great to here you so upbeat and giddy! I am happy you two are having fun!
Red- Great job getting the extra steps in! The song I am talking about is called Mahbootay and is on her Shum Ticky album. Here is a link..
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...music&n=507846
She is out there though- I warn you. I love her though.
Okay - well just wanted to check back in- it is almost bedtime for me and I have some stuff to do before bed. (I might have a heartattack the day I can just climb in and go to sleep before finishing some project).
Have a great day NBK and red!!

stormy1 01-28-2005 12:22 AM

Hi everyone.

Red, I am glad that you are doing okay. I do worry about you sometimes. Are you still lifting? I worked out earlier. What is your fav leg ex with weights? Since I am not in the gym I have to rely on free weights at home. My fav for the legs are dead lifts. It kills me when I see people do this one wrong. People can really hurt themselves with it.

NBK, I do not want to hear that you have boobs and that you are a tom boy. Do not make me any more jealous of you!!! I am hoping to get to NZ one day. We are auctually planning to go to Australia within the next two years. We want to dive the Coral Sea. Any chance that you scuba dive? The problem is the cost of air is huge plus I figure we need at least two weeks there b/c the flight is so long. Plus, there is so much to see. I would love to do a one week land, one week live aboard trip. It would be convienent to also see NZ in the same trip but we have to work and we just can't take that much time off. Man doesn't working suck?

Cg, thanks for asking how I am doing. I am doing okay. I am sticking with my eating and working out plan. My problem is that there are not enough hours in the day. I work until 4 or 5 and then I come home and do paperwork for work for about 1.5-2 hours and then I do school work until 11. Tonight I took a break from school work and I cleaned up and worked on taxes. Isn't my life exciting? I usually have Friday off but I have to see a couple of patients Fri. I plan on devoting the rest of the day to school. I have several projects due next week. The hubby and I were planning on going hiking this weekend but we are now under a winter weather advisory for the weekend which means that we are expecting snow, ice, sleet. Therefore I guess we will stay in and watch movies. We are both big sports fans but college football is over, the Titans season is over, and hockey (my favorite sport) is not taking place this year due to a strike. It is too cold to scuba dive and we can not afford or have the time to go on a trip any time soon. So the social life is at a stand still. We may go out for drinks Friday night with some people from his work but most of the time they bore me. Anyway, school is a priority right now, as I know you are aware of.

LGH, have a safe and fun trip!

Crime girl 01-28-2005 08:07 AM

Red's horoscope:
You are riding an emotional roller-coaster now -- feeling powerful and passionate one moment and then cold and isolated the next. The extreme feelings can be rather upsetting, so it's important for you to get distance from what's going on in order to maintain perspective. Strive to be in the middle of the road, for that is where you can best respond to the oncoming changes.

little grasshopper 01-28-2005 01:52 PM

hi guys. I'm on my grandmother's webtv set up and man, does it ever take forever to use it! I wanted to hop onand say hello.

Stormy - I would love to got Australia!! One day I will. My father lives there and I have never met him. Somday I'll go and get to meet him too. He keeps inviting me but has not offered to help with the ticket so it's not happening any time soon. The family that I'm visitng now is his family. I met them 2 years ago for the first time. Today I'll see my little brother and younger sister. I'm really looking forward to it!!

Food has been...well...it could be worse. My first meal off the plane was churches chicken. There was nothing I could to chose a healthy lunch so I just watched my portions. Since then it's been much better. Grandma made soup, so I've been eating that a lot. She also made my favorite sugary dessert in the whole world and offeres it to me about 10K times a day!!! UGGGG I don't know how much longer I can resist. She is happy I'm healthy but says I need to live a little...hard to explain that everything I'm putting in my mouth is "living.." I haven't eaten a food I'm not allergic to since I got here. I also haven't seen a single person here eat anyting remotely healthy!! I'm serious!!!! It'sad, and it's understadable why this side of my family can be so sick. Very sad mostly. I'm doing my best to stay strong with the healthy part. I'll talk to you guys soon - I know I would have caved just now if I couldn't email you!!

Oh - the water tastes like pure chemcals and grandma does dishes in dish detergent and CLOROX!@!!

stormy1 01-28-2005 04:25 PM

LGH, it is wonderful that you were able to meet your family. I hope that you enjoy your time with them while you are there. Check in and let us know how it is going.

Jacque 01-28-2005 05:21 PM

Ladies,
I miss talking with you all, I've realized what a huge part of my success having your support has been!!

My friend passed away this morning, and I'm going to be very limited in my access for a few days as I'm flying home for the funeral... hopefully back fully on track by Monday!