3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Toning Talk #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/51702-weight-loss-toning-talk-2-a.html)

Jane 01-11-2005 12:55 PM

Weight Loss and Toning Talk #2

Hi Ladies!

Want to talk about your struggles and successes with weight loss and exercise? Need some encouragement to keep on keepin' on? You found the right place! Jump in with your ideas and concerns to help make this lifelong journey a positive one.

PamPSM644 01-11-2005 01:03 PM

I've got a question. Is there any means short of surgery to shrink skin back into shape?I'm surprised that I don't seem to have alot of lose skin so far but that doesn't mean I couldn't when I reach my goal. :chin:

Jane 01-11-2005 01:15 PM

Katy - About the Italian dressing, I'd just use however much you feel like sprinkling on, within points range. About the veggie burger I mentioned, it has mozzerella cheese in it along with the tomato and basil flavors, and is so good.

Cristi - the way I make the ww 0 point soup is good frozen, but I'm not sure how it would be with zuchinni or cauliflower. One thing, the tomatoes and lack of meat make it good for about 5 days anyway, without freezing.

Pam - I've read that it takes about 1 year for your skin to go back where it's going. Although after a certain age, it isn't going ALL the way back, lol. And I'm not sure that face skin ever goes back at all!

Remember how I told you the Crystal Light On the Go lemonade packs are so good? OMG, I just tried the raspberry flavor that I give the grandkids, and it is just as good, if you like raspberry stuff! What a nice way to get some of the water in. (I'm still leery about that, though!) But anyway, if you like raspberry, give it a try!

Marti 01-11-2005 05:43 PM

Hurray to Cristi for the one pound gone!!! Take all you can get, anything is worth celebrating!!

This mention of Crystal lite got me to thinking that I need to make some and then take it to work. It's harder getting water in while at work. Can't have it with you at the computer station.....

So maybe having something flavored would help make it go down faster on breaks?

Tea Rose 01-11-2005 09:43 PM

Cristi
I'm not sure why Jane would suggest you record me ,I'm really not much to look at , but good for a laugh I suppose:lol:

Jane 01-13-2005 09:02 AM

Ellen - you're too funny!

Marti - yes, try the Crystal Light! I think you'll like it.

About the soup - my Katie calls it "pointless" :lol3:. I prefer the term "zero points", lol.

Had a near-misshap yesterday! I bought some chocolate candy that you can find only near Valentine's Day. And thought I could mete it out with no problem. Wrong! I had to use most of my evening points to cover what I ate, then gave what was left to Neal as soon as he got home, lol. At least I nipped it in the bud, but just proves that I can't let myself be around more than one piece at a time. Portion control - it's all about portion control, lol.

Hope things are going well for you today!

RosieKate 01-13-2005 09:22 AM

Jane I had a moment like that with some ice cream we had in the house - I just can't keep that stuff around....way too tempting. But I am back on track now - ice cream is gone....won't say how ;)

Jane 01-14-2005 10:26 PM

Hiya ladies,

Ice Cream Breath - er, I mean Katy, lol. It's all a learning process, isn't it? It takes me a while to figure things out sometimes! :doh: I truly thought I could handle the candy! One more thing to add to the 1-oz-at-a-time-list, lol.

Marti, Cristi, Pam - how's it going?

My weight is fine, and today I worked my rear end off in the house, moving 3 bookcases and unloading and reloading books and stuff. This also included cleaning everything while I was at it. Lots of bending and stretching - not normal housework. I'm bushed, but love the end result!

Have an OP weekend!!

RosieKate 01-15-2005 08:29 AM

;) Oh Jane - you know me so well! Yesterday we received two candy gifts, and I didn't even open them. I had DH put them in his car to take to work. So that's the high point to round out the week

We are anticipating being in snowed in sometime today...forecast calls for snow and/or freezing rain....so I'll have make sure I get some exercise on my stepper.

Today is WI day, but haven't done it yet ....will report back later

Cheers

PamPSM644 01-15-2005 10:43 AM

:kickcan: I'm feeling a bit grrrrrr. Lost only 1lb last week. For me ,when I've mostly been on track, thats nothing to smile about.I guess I'll blaim it on the Wheat Thins and Triskets I snacked on.I've got to learn not to keep anything like that in the house.

RosieKate 01-15-2005 01:29 PM

I'm more grrr than you...I didn't lose any grumpy grumpy grumpy... that's what I get for my little fling with the ice cream...there's got to be a morning after... remember that song...I am too dang old.

Upside - I worked out this a.m., so I'm feeling pretty good... I bought some Weight Watchers cookbooks so I 'm getting some great ideas for some new recipes. I read a tip to make a large batch of a dish, then freeze it in one-portion containers; makes dinner time less problematic.

...just remember....One day at a time, no guilt, move on!

Marti 01-15-2005 02:24 PM

I'm even more GRRRR than you girls! I'm up one pound! (but I'm not changing my siggy just yet) Just can't bare to do that just yet. Next week if it's the same...then I'll change it.

Jane 01-17-2005 11:15 AM

It's another week closer to summer!

Pam - One pound lost is good! You don't want to lose it too fast.

Katy - yes, I do remember the song, lol. I'm older than dirt, though. If you find any good recipes in your new cookbooks, share, ok? Don't you eat the same food as your family, or are you talking about lunch meals?

Marti - hope the 1 pound comes back off. Did you try the Crystal Light yet?

Speaking of that, the other day, I ran out of juice for the twins, and to avoid a problem with that, I asked if they wanted some Magic Potion for Princesses instead? Of course they did, so I mixed up the raspberry crystal light, lol. They told their mom all about it, lol, and were so excited.

Anyway, back on topic, lol, I'm doing well with the weight and the water. Also, I got out an old calisthenics tape and have been doing it... these are exercises like my generation did in high school. What a hoot - but effective! Judging my breathing, I'd say they are probably aerobic, too.

How's it going for you?

PamPSM644 01-17-2005 11:27 AM

Well Ladies,the elephant in the livingroom,(Street Fighter arcade game),so unnerved me that I consoled myself with pizza. I am reconciled with it now so won't continue futher consolations. :lol: It makes my son so happy,like a precious momento from his childhood,that I am determined to learn to live with it. :^: It goes so nicely with the Grandfathers clock. :lol:

RosieKate 01-17-2005 12:43 PM

Quick hi here...
I am getting ready to walk my DS over to a playdate, then I'll walk to my chiropractor, so I'll get 30-40 minutes of walking in that way...may do another 15 on my stepper to round it out and I have a weight workout to do sometime today.

Food plan is off to a good start this week - Jane tonight I am making your italian crockpot chicken...trying to plan meals better...and remind myself of how good I feel when I am not eating sugary stuff....

I generally eat what my family eats and watch my portions. I am trying to find WW recipes that the family will like. Then my plan is make a big batch of something,, eat some for dinner, then freeze up the rest for quick dinners later... or for a night when the family does Papa Murphy's ....that's the plan anyway.

I am really impressed with the WW Take Out Tonight cookbook - lots of restaurant favorites and alot of international recipes... I can make my fave thai and chinese dishes and can make them peanut-free for DS...shrimp pad thai here I come

Later
K

Marti 01-17-2005 04:40 PM

Jane--I have all kinds of Crystal light in my cupboard that I usually drink during the summer. So I dragged out the Orange Pineapple flavored and made a pitcher then put some in my water bottle. Went down nicely!! So I will be taking it to work today.

I made C.C. cookies last night........Sticking them in a bag and putting them out of sight in the bread box. Will tell James that they are all his now that I had some......only will bring the scale back up you know!

Anyway....must get going. Lots to do before work.

RosieKate 01-18-2005 08:56 AM

Yesterday went well. I walked for about 50 minutes total and did a 20 minute weight workout. I printed out a workout from ediets ( which I have access to throught the Discovery Channel Body Challenge) and it is a good schedule. I liked how I was able to customize it to the types of cardio I do and the weight equipment I already have. Today is a cardio day and I will be walking (hopefully with my neighbor) this afternoon.

Food went alright. I used some flex points on a beer and an extra piece of homemade bread. Still have plenty of flex left. The italian chicken was a bust....I used too many potatoes and didn't cut them up small enough. I can't seem to cook boneless skinless chicken breast in the slow cooker without drying it out. Harrumph. I did like the italian dressing, so I will try it again. So tonight's dinner will be some grilled cod, cooked chard and italian potatoes.

I am re-reading The Fat Fallacy, by Will Clower....which presents a food plan based on the French Paradox. It's pretty interesting.... I really liked the parts about slowing down and taking smaller bites. I also agree with trying to keep the diet based on fresh, unprocessed foods... There's another book out called Frenchwomen Don't get Fat, but my library doesn't have that one yet... sounds like it covers the same territory..
Need to go printout a new workout for next week
Ciao
K

Marti 01-18-2005 06:41 PM

I don't know how I'm doing. It seems that I can't get myself to eat the right foods all the time. Or eat at all. And that only hollers out "FAILURE"!

I was talking to a girl at work....she's lost 9lbs. so far. She's been eating Lean Cuisines.....I believe thats WW?? Anyway...I told her to make sure that she gives herself a variety of foods to eat so she doesn't tire of the progress she's making by eating the same thing everyday. (she's eating a variety of different cuisines...but how long do you want to keep eating that?)

I showed her my progress pictures that I posted here...and she said that I was doing great. Had to tell her that I'm not losing much at all...but at least I'm not still 160lbs.

Where am I going with all this?? I don't know.

This weekend I plan on taking some time to do some REAL shopping. Get my veggies and chicken and stuff like to create tasty meals that are good for you. I love chicken so that shouldn't be to hard.

Guess I pretty much wanted to say that I'm still struggling but I haven't given up!!

James asked me what I wanted for my birthday...I told him the Gazelle.....wonder if he'll get it for me????

Jane 01-18-2005 07:46 PM

Katy - you are Kickin' Butt with the exercise!! :cp: Way to go!!! Oh I'm sorry the chicken didn't work out! Did you cook it too long? When I cook only chicken breasts in the crock pot I cook them for 4 hours on low - great with BBQ sauce. But with potatoes, you'd need to add maybe 2-3 hours. I didn't know the amount of potatoes would make a difference.

Marti - I know it's hard. And yes, look how far you've come! I can't remember if you've read Dr. Phil's Seven Keys book or not, but if not, hon, you gotta! Trust me, ok? He really, really gets you to think about things. LC isn't WW, but does have the points listed on the side of the box. I use them once in awhile, but you're right, a person can't live on them. Plus, they are real high in sodium. I do hope you get a Gazelle for your BD!!! Tell James my BD was last September and I'm still waiting on my Gazelle from him!

All this healthy eating has paid off for Katie, too. She's turned into a real food label reader too, lol. I told you she's lost 18 pounds, and she's toned up, too! Last night she went to a Maurice's - a fashionable clothing store for teens- and got some new things. She was very happy with the sizes she could wear.

Hang tough!

PamPSM644 01-19-2005 01:06 PM

2 days in a row now I stretched my walk to 45 min.UMMM How mny cals do you think that it? Pam

Marti 01-19-2005 04:05 PM

Jane--No I didn't read his book....although I have it here! A friend loaned it to me. I started to read it and then put it down. Reading about a healthier lifestyle to me wasn't good reading......at the time. I will pick it up, dust it off a bit and give it anther try.

Pam--It varies....it all depends on how you walked. Slow, med, or fast paced. Have you figured out how to use your pedometer???

I'm happy to say that I have my Gazelle!! Now....to put the thing together!! :D

I'm going to start a new weight loss Exercise journal after this weekend. Going to really commit myself.

Marti 01-20-2005 06:17 PM

Worked out on the Gazelle for half an hour today and yesterday!! And wore my pedometer to work and walked only 4,000 steps. But I'm moving ladies!!

I'm in love w/my gazelle....be prepard for me to keep talking about it!!

FrouFrou 01-20-2005 10:05 PM

WTG Marti! Sound like the gazelle is a lot of fun to do. I saw one in Wal-Mart the other day. DS and I were looking at that sort of stuff-looks like it would be something I would like. Not sure if or when I would get one but something to think about. And you can talk about it all you want missy.

Pam~good for you for getting the walking in and stretching it. Like Marti said, it all depends on how fast you were walking.

Katy~you too are doing great! I know you will reach your goal by your BD.

Jane~isn't that wonderful when the others in the family pick up the good habits also? That's great your Katie lost 18 pounds. My DD is always talking about losing 10-15 and I told her she didn't need to. Jeez, she would be skin and bones. We were talking about losing also and about going down so many sizes. I know losing 20 pounds will not get me down a size as with her. She has gone from 120 to 135 and is currently at 128 but she will still wear a size 11. Which seems big because she is so small. We were talking about it because we had read where some girls weighed 150, 135, 140 and 145 and they all wore a size 4 and we were just wondering how. They ranged in heights from 5 ft. 6 to 5 ft. 4. I didn't even wear a 4 when I weighed 135. I know it depends on a persons build but a size 4? :dunno: Anyway...good fo you also for maintaining.

Haven't done much exercise lately. I start walking and after a while my foot starts in, same with the jump rope. But I am not giving up so...the food hasn't been going so great either but I have been getting the water down. Guess that counts for something. Had planned on starting with three bottles first of February but for some reason I have been drinking three the last few days. Trying to grab water over diet coke. Hoping to get back on track with the food tomorrow. I actually haven't eaten much the last two days because of TOM but last week was horrible. I gave into the cravings, not pigging out, just eating the wrong foods. :no: :nono: :no: :nono: I'll get it all worked out-have to.

Marti 01-21-2005 06:43 AM

Hi girls...

I walked another 4000 steps. I only wear it at work...we sit all day at computers so getting that many steps is pretty good! It's more than 4,000 steps but it just seems easier to keep track by rounding it down. ( I don't know how accurate these things are) but I want to start keeping track. And so far I've done 8,000 steps. I will work more in later.

And I'm enjoying saving money and getting a workout on the gazelle here at home. I'm really excited that I might be able to make a difference this year!

Cristi--I know all too well about giving in during TOM. I have a problem w/either NOT eating at all....to choosing the wrong foods. I don't over eat..I just don't eat the good stuff. (well....at the time it tasted like GOOD stuff) :lol: You'll do fine. We just have to understand that when TOM comes....we have to figure out a way to control it..and not it controlling us. (did that make sense??)

Ok...off I go!

Jane 01-21-2005 08:35 AM

Hi ladies,

Cristi - you've made a lot of progress over the last year in what you eat and how much water you drink, and in exercise levels, too. If you look at the big picture, think how far you've come! I'm proud of you!

Marti - I'm with Cristi, talk about the Gazelle all you want! Our Walmart has them for $97.00, and I wouldn't mind having one. With the computer expense, though, I have to watch my money. Have to watch it fly out the window, that is, lol. 4000 steps at a computer job is great! I think pedometers are fairly accurate, Marti. Especially since you had near the same numbers 2 days in a row.

Pam - I don't know how many calories a 45 min. walk is, either. Like Marti said, it would depend on the level of exersion, but you also need to factor in your weight. What I do know is, you're making progress, and that's the important thing! The braces feel ok?

Katy oh Katy, wherefore art thou?

I am meeting a friend for her BD lunch today at Applebee's. I've had their WW meals before, and they're good. Next week, different friend, same restaurant, lol.

I think the worse thing about me sticking to exercising is my lack of a schedule. For such an anal person, I have sidestepped having a certain time to devote to the health and well-being of my body. In the past, when I exercise successfully, maybe it was because I had a certain time to do it?

Have a good one, ladies.

RosieKate 01-21-2005 08:36 AM

Marti - your motivation is contagious....I am awaiting the arrival of a new pedometer, so I am curious about how many steps I take in athe average day. The gazelle sounds interesting, but I have never seen one...I'll go poke around online and get a look at one.. is it for pilates?
Cristi - thank you for your kind words.. I started out great this month and, now I seem to be stuck..but I'm not giving up!

Today I am going to do weights and the stepper...probably while my DD is watching Sesame street this morning, hope that's enough of a distraction.

RosieKate 01-21-2005 08:43 AM

Hi Jane! looks like we are posting at the same time! I 'm glad Applebee's has good WW food. DH and I are going out to dinner tomorrow and I have to figure out what I am going to do. It's a new week , so I may use some flex. BUT! there is a big family dinner on Friday ( since everyone is in town fo the memorial service) so I will have to plan so I have some left for that.

I did blow through my flex this week, so today, I gotta stay OP! I have challenges in the afternoon and at dinner. The afternoon munchies I can control if I stick to popcorn and veggies, but I need to work on not overconsuming at dinner.

FrouFrou 01-21-2005 02:34 PM

Thank you Jane! You are right although I should have made goal a while ago I do feel I have made some progress and all along said it would be slow and I would be taking baby steps. I want to make sure that once the weight in off that I keep it off and need to be in a place in my mind to do so. I do feel confident that I will make goal, just a matter of when.

Katy~why do we do that. When I was going to the WW meetings I didn't thing I would ever get below 199. For the longest time I was stuck there. Even the lady that weighed me said something every week and then finally BAM! Of course then I quit going to the meetings and went back up. I know you will be fine even though it is frustrating. I am seriously thinkign about doing the meetings again, and the place is close enough that I can walk to it, once the weather is nice.

Marti~I am loving your enthusiasm for working out now. Maybe I need to get a gazelle if that's all it takes. I agree with Jane-4000 steps is good especially since youa re at the computer most of the time. I almost bought a pedometer at Target today but there are so many. Jeez, how do you know which one to get? They have them from $5 up to $29. DH had one somewhere, can't find it and I never could get it to work right.

I guess one good thing about being sick is you don't want to eat. Hardly ate anything yesterday and today is worse. I am getting that water down no matter what though. I am going to try and get the wATP video out and at least do some of it, even if it is just 15 mns.-something is better than nothing. I just hope I didn't mess up too bad giving into the cravings.

Anywhoooo....Katy, good luck with your WI tomorrow. Keeping my fingers :crossed: that it shows a loss. Who else weighs in on Saturday? Good luck to everyone on their WI!

Marti 01-21-2005 04:28 PM

I hope this enthusiasm for working out stays with me for a long time. Actually, when I used to go to the gym.....it gave me so much energy that I looked forward to working out. I think that's what I'm hoping is going to happen.

Cristi--Maybe go to some exercise equipment store and see if any of them have a gazelle you can try before you buy one. I tried one at GI Joes around the holidays and had been talking about it ever since. Now I don't have to talk about getting it, just getting ON it!!

Katy--In case you haven't found it yet...here is what it is:http://www.homefitnessclub.com/jump....rd=tony+little It's more of a glider not like the eliptical. And I really enjoy it. And it's really light weight so it's easy for me to fold up and put away.

Jane--I think starting next month...I will make a goal of how many step I want to make in a month and see if I can reach that goal. I have two pedometers....the other one I actually had to set to my walking. And it seemed more accurate than this one. But that's ok...it's only off by 3 steps (I finally figured it out)

Tomorrow is WI for me too. I wonder how I'm doing. I went up last weekend. If it's still there....then it's time for me to change the siggy! Speaking of which, I had thought before that I had to go to the tracker site each time to change my weight.....then it dawned on me to just change the numbers in the siggy area....and what do you know?? It works! Silly me.....why didn't I figure that one out sooner??

Good luck on the WI tomorrow.

RosieKate 01-21-2005 06:46 PM

Cristi - thanks for the good wishes...I am wearing my "tight" jeans today and they are feeling more comfortable, so I may be pleased with tomorrow's weigh-in. I got my workout in today and that always makes me feel good! Speaking of plateaus... I just tend to fall into them, I guess. My weight loss style, if you want to call it that, is to lose a bunch, then level off for weeks. When I was nursing DD, I was at 205 for 2 solid years, no matter what i did...that was the worst plateau and some of it was certainly due to my hormonal state. When I was in TOPS ( before DD) I went 6 weeks in a row with no change. we can just keep each other company, lol! The Plateau sisters...hey - it's better than gaining!

Marti - I looked up the Gazelle and I tell you, if I didn't already have my folding stepper, I would get one - they look great...and I prefer ellipticals to treadmills and even steppers. So if this stepper ever conks out on me...I am heading over to Mr. Tony Little's house! About pedometers...there is a program out there that is called 10,000 a day, that encourages people to wear their pedos all day and work toward getting 10K steps a day. When I get my new pedo, I'm going to work on this.

Jane - thanks for inquiring after me -- I know I've been MIA, just a real busy week

Healthy things I did today
* made a batch of lentil stew (I don't use any fat or ham, so it's only 1 pt per cup)
* 45 minute workout
* made a batch of refrigerator bran muffins. I figured that if each muffin tin has 1/4 cup of batter, I get my 2 pt. muffins
* drank 9 glasses of water, and the day's not over yet!
* googled " Gazelle" ......does that count? :)

PamPSM644 01-22-2005 10:24 PM

:censored: Another week and only 1 more lb lost. UGH! I'm now 208. Ok,I did eat pizza till I popped last weekend but I was good the rest of the week, stunning in fact. I added 15 more min to my walk and kept to below 1000 cals a day. I'm used to losing 3 or 4 lbs per week so 1lb is discouraging. I'm going to be very strict next week and see if I can't get something going. It's time to hunker down and get mean. :drill:

Jane 01-23-2005 03:53 AM

Good morning ladies,

Katy - is the memorial dinner a church dinner? When Chris died last May, the ladies of Jennifer's church put on a dinner for the family, and of course it was made up of comfort foods, and it was very hard for me. I stayed OP by taking my points worth, then I went for a walk with the little ones. I remember just wanting to dive in to the food, but wanted the scale to go downward even more. Love your list - you are very smart to keep track of the positive, healthy things you're doing for yourself.

Cristi - the pedometer I have came free from McD's, so you know it isn't an expensive one. It seems to be very accurate, though. Wearing one is an eye-opener! I was walking more steps than I thought.

Marti - it's amazing how when you get used to exercise, your body craves it. Btw, I hope you remembered to take your measurements. Some months when I didn't lose as much, it still felt good to see the inches go downward.

Pam - YAY for 1 pound down! :cp:

Well, ladies, tomorrow the 24th, is my 1 year anniversary of being on WW, and OP the whole time! I truly didn't think I could ever say that, and now that the year has gone by, it's amazing to me that I did it! I made it through several funerals, more than a dozen family bithday parties, Valentines Day, all kinds of holiday dinners, and too many lunches with friends to count! There were family reunions on both sides of the family and several church suppers. I want to thank you for your continued support... I couldn't have done it without your encouraging words every Saturday when I weighed in. You guys are the best!! Thank you so, so much!!

RosieKate 01-23-2005 08:50 AM

Yay, Jane....wish I could say the same about WW, but I am getting my head on straight about it all. The dinner is a family dinner, since David's sister and stepsister are in town for the memorial. Shouldn't be too hard to stay OP as they eat very healthy. I am skipping the memorial...the time of day is difficult for my young children, so DH will be attending alone.

I am down one lb, making me officially half way to goal! yippee! I am hammering away at this plateau..think I might be finally breaking through.

Healthy actions for the day
* look over my new WW cookbooks...make something out of them for dinner tonight
* Stay OP!!!! I used a bunch of flex on a night out with DH, so I have to stay on track til Friday...want to save my remaining points for the family dinner
* I am going to get Thin for Life and follow along the book discussion in the Maintainers Forum. I've been reading the posts, but need to get the book and play catch up..there's alot of great insight over there. I have read the book, but had to take it back to the library...decided I want it for keeps.

Marti 01-23-2005 03:49 PM

Hurray Jane!! Happy ONE year Anniversary for being a big loser!! We are all so proud of you and what you've accomplished. You've been an inspiration to us all. I do have to say that I miss seeing how much you've lost each week! But you've done fantastic and I'm VERY proud of you Jane!!

Katy--Hurray to you too!! Half way to goal!! That feels good doesn't it? Makes you feel like "Ok....I've already lost half of it, now getting the other half shouldn't be too hard"

Forgot to WI yesterday so I went ahead an WI today. I'm back down to 145!! So yippy for me!!!

Jane, I already thought about taking my measurments...but it's finding the measuring tape we have that's been keeping me from doing it. Which is what got me started in doing a thorough house cleaning!! :D

BUT--I did find it.....so I will be writing them down today.

My plan for today...work out on gazelle for 30mins.
drink MORE water!

Marti 01-23-2005 11:18 PM

Here is how my day went.

I got my half hour of Gazelling.... :D I drank over 50oz. of water and for dinner I had chicken breast, w/ a side dish of rice & corn.

I got up late today so breakfast really isn't on my list of eating. But I'm trying to get what I do eat to be healthy.

Tomorrow I will measure myself and then come here to put down on "paper" That way I have something to look at.....and I won't be the only one! Having others see my (hopefully) progress will help keep the motivation going.

And tomorrow at work...I hope I can get some of my coworkers to brain storm some way to where we all keep track of our activities......

Let's keep up our good work girls!

Jane 01-24-2005 09:01 AM

Katy - 1/2 way to goal!! That makes you feel good doesn't it? It's all downhill from now. Did you find any good recipes? If so, share, ok? Did you get your Thin for Life book?

Marti - Yay for being back where you were. I think measurements tell us so much more than the scale, and it's so delightful to watch the tape numbers get smaller and smaller. You might want to do each thigh and calf because they aren't the same. I read that somewhere and it's true, lol.

I did well with the 2 bd parties. At each one, I held a different DGD on my lap, and shared with them. Also, since each one was scheduled to follow a meal, I wasn't hungry at all.

RosieKate 01-24-2005 10:07 AM

Popping back in for a sec
Jane - I made the WW banana bread for book group last night. I subbed dried cranberries for the dried fruit in the recipe and sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar over the top before baking... everyone loved it and only 1 pt per serving. Also made chicken with broccoli florets and orange slices for dinner and we liked that, too......

These are from the New Complete cookbook

Thin for Life is on the way....

Healthy actions for today:
*Eat more lentil stew
* Plan for dinner...Don't know what I'm doing yet... that's a pitfall. DH has staff meetings on Mon. and works late, so I can make the kid friendly food, but that leaves me out of the equation. So I resolve to make my plan to avoid dinner being whatever the kids don't eat......Maybe the leftover chicken & broccoli

FrouFrou 01-24-2005 02:04 PM

Well, I am still stuck at the same which I guess is better than seeing a gain so I will take it. I hope it is not a repeat of when I was going to WW and was stuck at 200 for the longest time. May have to try something different although the last two days I haven't eaten much of anything, just wanted to sleep.

Pam~:bravo: to the one pound loss! Hey, all those one pound losses do add up girly!

Jane~:cp: for your one year anniversary! I think that is wonderful that you stayed OP for one whole year!

Sounds like everyone is doing a great job. :bravo: to all the losers this week!

Katy~I like your daily list.

I will be getting back on track once I am feeling better, just not in the mood for food and not sure if that is good or not. I know I need to be eating something. For now I am trying to get some liquids down.

Marti 01-24-2005 06:11 PM

I got my 30mins workout done today.....and then desperately needed a shower! :D

I had James wear the pedometer today at work, and I'm wearing my old one. Lets see how many steps we each take today at work.

Keep up the good work girls!!

Jane 01-26-2005 09:18 AM

Hi ladies,

Katy - I'd love the recipe for the chicken with broccoli and orange slices. SOunds so very yummy and healthy to boot. Here's something that could help you. I've planned my menus a week ahead for over 20 years, and that is so very helpful when trying to lose weight. No guessing. Which is so great when writing down my points for the day, before I eat them! This isn't to say I haven't rearranged them, or gone to Plan B once in awhile.

Cristi - just concentrate on feeling better, ok? It's too much to think about anything else when you're ill. Hope you're getting plenty of fluids.

Marti - so how many steps did you and James get in? Are you still loving the Gazelle? I have a question for you. When it's all folded up, how high and wide is it? Also, is it squeaky? Guess that was 2 questions, lol.

I've been doing very well staying OP while dining out, and as you know, I've got another lunch date today. But the sodium in this stuff is killing me! My rings (which recently got made much smaller, lol) are tight, and the scales is up 2 pounds, and I know it's nothing but salt weight, since I have stayed within my maintenance points range. Today I'm going to try and drink even more water to help flush all this out.

How's it going for you?