3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Toning Talk #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/51702-weight-loss-toning-talk-2-a.html)

PamPSM644 01-22-2005 10:24 PM

:censored: Another week and only 1 more lb lost. UGH! I'm now 208. Ok,I did eat pizza till I popped last weekend but I was good the rest of the week, stunning in fact. I added 15 more min to my walk and kept to below 1000 cals a day. I'm used to losing 3 or 4 lbs per week so 1lb is discouraging. I'm going to be very strict next week and see if I can't get something going. It's time to hunker down and get mean. :drill:

Jane 01-23-2005 03:53 AM

Good morning ladies,

Katy - is the memorial dinner a church dinner? When Chris died last May, the ladies of Jennifer's church put on a dinner for the family, and of course it was made up of comfort foods, and it was very hard for me. I stayed OP by taking my points worth, then I went for a walk with the little ones. I remember just wanting to dive in to the food, but wanted the scale to go downward even more. Love your list - you are very smart to keep track of the positive, healthy things you're doing for yourself.

Cristi - the pedometer I have came free from McD's, so you know it isn't an expensive one. It seems to be very accurate, though. Wearing one is an eye-opener! I was walking more steps than I thought.

Marti - it's amazing how when you get used to exercise, your body craves it. Btw, I hope you remembered to take your measurements. Some months when I didn't lose as much, it still felt good to see the inches go downward.

Pam - YAY for 1 pound down! :cp:

Well, ladies, tomorrow the 24th, is my 1 year anniversary of being on WW, and OP the whole time! I truly didn't think I could ever say that, and now that the year has gone by, it's amazing to me that I did it! I made it through several funerals, more than a dozen family bithday parties, Valentines Day, all kinds of holiday dinners, and too many lunches with friends to count! There were family reunions on both sides of the family and several church suppers. I want to thank you for your continued support... I couldn't have done it without your encouraging words every Saturday when I weighed in. You guys are the best!! Thank you so, so much!!

RosieKate 01-23-2005 08:50 AM

Yay, Jane....wish I could say the same about WW, but I am getting my head on straight about it all. The dinner is a family dinner, since David's sister and stepsister are in town for the memorial. Shouldn't be too hard to stay OP as they eat very healthy. I am skipping the memorial...the time of day is difficult for my young children, so DH will be attending alone.

I am down one lb, making me officially half way to goal! yippee! I am hammering away at this plateau..think I might be finally breaking through.

Healthy actions for the day
* look over my new WW cookbooks...make something out of them for dinner tonight
* Stay OP!!!! I used a bunch of flex on a night out with DH, so I have to stay on track til Friday...want to save my remaining points for the family dinner
* I am going to get Thin for Life and follow along the book discussion in the Maintainers Forum. I've been reading the posts, but need to get the book and play catch up..there's alot of great insight over there. I have read the book, but had to take it back to the library...decided I want it for keeps.

Marti 01-23-2005 03:49 PM

Hurray Jane!! Happy ONE year Anniversary for being a big loser!! We are all so proud of you and what you've accomplished. You've been an inspiration to us all. I do have to say that I miss seeing how much you've lost each week! But you've done fantastic and I'm VERY proud of you Jane!!

Katy--Hurray to you too!! Half way to goal!! That feels good doesn't it? Makes you feel like "Ok....I've already lost half of it, now getting the other half shouldn't be too hard"

Forgot to WI yesterday so I went ahead an WI today. I'm back down to 145!! So yippy for me!!!

Jane, I already thought about taking my measurments...but it's finding the measuring tape we have that's been keeping me from doing it. Which is what got me started in doing a thorough house cleaning!! :D

BUT--I did find it.....so I will be writing them down today.

My plan for today...work out on gazelle for 30mins.
drink MORE water!

Marti 01-23-2005 11:18 PM

Here is how my day went.

I got my half hour of Gazelling.... :D I drank over 50oz. of water and for dinner I had chicken breast, w/ a side dish of rice & corn.

I got up late today so breakfast really isn't on my list of eating. But I'm trying to get what I do eat to be healthy.

Tomorrow I will measure myself and then come here to put down on "paper" That way I have something to look at.....and I won't be the only one! Having others see my (hopefully) progress will help keep the motivation going.

And tomorrow at work...I hope I can get some of my coworkers to brain storm some way to where we all keep track of our activities......

Let's keep up our good work girls!

Jane 01-24-2005 09:01 AM

Katy - 1/2 way to goal!! That makes you feel good doesn't it? It's all downhill from now. Did you find any good recipes? If so, share, ok? Did you get your Thin for Life book?

Marti - Yay for being back where you were. I think measurements tell us so much more than the scale, and it's so delightful to watch the tape numbers get smaller and smaller. You might want to do each thigh and calf because they aren't the same. I read that somewhere and it's true, lol.

I did well with the 2 bd parties. At each one, I held a different DGD on my lap, and shared with them. Also, since each one was scheduled to follow a meal, I wasn't hungry at all.

RosieKate 01-24-2005 10:07 AM

Popping back in for a sec
Jane - I made the WW banana bread for book group last night. I subbed dried cranberries for the dried fruit in the recipe and sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar over the top before baking... everyone loved it and only 1 pt per serving. Also made chicken with broccoli florets and orange slices for dinner and we liked that, too......

These are from the New Complete cookbook

Thin for Life is on the way....

Healthy actions for today:
*Eat more lentil stew
* Plan for dinner...Don't know what I'm doing yet... that's a pitfall. DH has staff meetings on Mon. and works late, so I can make the kid friendly food, but that leaves me out of the equation. So I resolve to make my plan to avoid dinner being whatever the kids don't eat......Maybe the leftover chicken & broccoli

FrouFrou 01-24-2005 02:04 PM

Well, I am still stuck at the same which I guess is better than seeing a gain so I will take it. I hope it is not a repeat of when I was going to WW and was stuck at 200 for the longest time. May have to try something different although the last two days I haven't eaten much of anything, just wanted to sleep.

Pam~:bravo: to the one pound loss! Hey, all those one pound losses do add up girly!

Jane~:cp: for your one year anniversary! I think that is wonderful that you stayed OP for one whole year!

Sounds like everyone is doing a great job. :bravo: to all the losers this week!

Katy~I like your daily list.

I will be getting back on track once I am feeling better, just not in the mood for food and not sure if that is good or not. I know I need to be eating something. For now I am trying to get some liquids down.

Marti 01-24-2005 06:11 PM

I got my 30mins workout done today.....and then desperately needed a shower! :D

I had James wear the pedometer today at work, and I'm wearing my old one. Lets see how many steps we each take today at work.

Keep up the good work girls!!

Jane 01-26-2005 09:18 AM

Hi ladies,

Katy - I'd love the recipe for the chicken with broccoli and orange slices. SOunds so very yummy and healthy to boot. Here's something that could help you. I've planned my menus a week ahead for over 20 years, and that is so very helpful when trying to lose weight. No guessing. Which is so great when writing down my points for the day, before I eat them! This isn't to say I haven't rearranged them, or gone to Plan B once in awhile.

Cristi - just concentrate on feeling better, ok? It's too much to think about anything else when you're ill. Hope you're getting plenty of fluids.

Marti - so how many steps did you and James get in? Are you still loving the Gazelle? I have a question for you. When it's all folded up, how high and wide is it? Also, is it squeaky? Guess that was 2 questions, lol.

I've been doing very well staying OP while dining out, and as you know, I've got another lunch date today. But the sodium in this stuff is killing me! My rings (which recently got made much smaller, lol) are tight, and the scales is up 2 pounds, and I know it's nothing but salt weight, since I have stayed within my maintenance points range. Today I'm going to try and drink even more water to help flush all this out.

How's it going for you?

RosieKate 01-26-2005 03:25 PM

Hi all
Jane, the chicken broccoli dish is in the WW New Complete cookbook...do you have it? If not I will try to post it sometime soon.
You know, I do plan out menus, but some days I just have a hard time sticking to the plan....but I do try because it is definitely easier to manage my points when I plan, and it is certainly easier on my budget to cook from scratch at home...so I am motivated. I think I need to plan everything a little better, not just food.

DD broke my scale and my new one is being shipped... so no WI for me. I am doing my darndest to stay OP, but the week has been dodgy as far as exercise. I have been running around and haven't focused on my workout time. I have some time to exercise before my DD wakes up from her nap, so I better get moving!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Marti 01-26-2005 04:16 PM

James got about 15,000 steps the night he took the pedometer. I get about the same amount every night about 4500 or so. James does a lot of walking that's for sure!

About the Gazelle....hmmm.....when it's all folded up, it's up to my shoulders but w/the handles it's about my heigth. The width of it is about the same as a treadmill. And when it's all folded I put it at the end of the hallway and it's out of the way! Does it squeek? Not really. It does make noise a little if I'm not really gliding....and just kind of moving.....but other than that, it's quiet. I can have it out in the living room and work out while James is in bed and it doesn't wake him up.

Need to get ready to get on the thing now that I talked about it..... :D put on a show and hop on for 30mins. I can feel it in my thighs and the back of my legs. JUST where I need it!

Jane 01-27-2005 08:41 AM

Hiya ladies,

My rings are sliding around again, and the scale is back where it should be. :cp: I just knew it was water!! But, still, I have to admit I'm awfully glad to see the correct weight on the scale.

Katy - I don't own any WW cookbooks, so if you would share the recipe, I'd print it. No rush, though... just whenever. Maybe I'll check out the cookbook at the library. How in the world did sweet little Leigh break your scales, lol?

Marti - oh jeez, I just love your method of measuring things, lol!!!! Ok, I got the height and the width (I think), but how far does it stick out, from the wall to the farthest point, when it's all folded up? A couple of feet? What I'm doing is, trying to see if it would fit next to my bookcase in the bedroom when it's folded up.

My friend Sally and I have been lamenting about our waists. That used to never be a problem area for either one of us back in the day, but menopause has changed all that. <sigh> I never thought I'd see the day where my waist is a bigger worry than my hips. Father time is a jokester.... with a seriously warped sense of humor!!

How's it going for you?

RosieKate 01-27-2005 09:04 AM

Hey Jane - Didn't you know Leigh weighs 300 lbs...heehee! Little booger...dunno how she did it, but she broke the part with the guide on it, so I can't see what my actual weight is....it was a very cheap scale so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

i'l try to get back and post the recipe when I have a little more time...

speaking of which.. I didn't manage my hectic week very well and ate too much yesterday. This... after posting about KNOWING I need to plan better...It got away from me. That happens way too much for me, so I am going to work on that. Today will be a good day to get back on track as my produce delivery comes today and I will have lots of fruits and veggies around.

So....
* going to send the rest of the Zone bars to work with DH - this was a bad idea - sugar is just too much of a trigger, doesn't matter what form it takes
* focusing on BRAT ( beans, rice, apples, toast) as I am experiencing some rather bad heartburn. Went on prilosec yesterday at the suggestion of the advice nurse.
* Going to work out today...this has been slapdash this week due to my busy schedule.

Marti 01-27-2005 06:04 PM

Went to look at the gazelle up against my wall to see how much it sticks out. IF I were to put it next to my bookshelf.....it would be out of the way. I will take pictures for you to get an idea.

Don't plan on doing the gazelle today. I'm not feeling good. TOM has arrived and I'm all nauseaus today. Hate that feeling. At least I'm not suffering from massive cramps like I always do.

Anyway.....I'll try to get some pictures on here tonight after work. Give you a visual of where I'm keeping it.