Old 12-05-2004, 07:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Over 50 And Getting Healthy #19

Okay, as promised, here's the new thread!

So, SunnyD, did you find the perfect new tree? If so, tell us where! I'm thinking more and more about getting an artificial one. It certainly will pay for itself after a couple of years given the price of real trees (and especially if you figure in the clean-up time!).

Charlotte--busy this weekend? What about resting and recuperating? Harumph!

Bluet, those kids sure suck us into doing a lot more than we want to do. If I had my way, we wouldn't have a turkey at Christmas, but my daughter really wants one and its traditional. At least she said she'd make the garlic potatoes because she likes them a certain way. Three trees, though, wow! And you have to decorate all three, I assume.

So we had a wonderful time in our mini-vacation. The hotel room was small, but comfortable, and quite near every place we wanted to be. We shopped until we dropped, which for us only meant about three hours. I wore my new long skirt with black boots to dinner, and looked pretty good if I do say so myself. Ate way too much, but we did do our water aerobics on Saturday morning before we left.

We better have enjoyed it because it may be the last place we ever go together. We got home and my Dad didn't have breakfast until 10:30 am, there was a big almost dry puddle outside my dog's crate, and the door to the cupboard with the cat food had been left open and the cats had been at the food, although it's in a container that they can't reach into very well so they didn't get much. Anyway, it's obvious I can't trust the 26 year old kid to do a decent job.

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:35 AM   #2  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile It's Monday Morning and 19 Days till Christmas...

Good Mornin' Gals,

YES, Sheila & Bonnie! We found our tree!!! This Saturday Joe & I went from one store to another just checking out all the holiday things & tree's... so much fun! We found an artificial tree we liked at the very first store we went to, *Litehouse* for $199.00. My mom thought it to be a bit pricey, but when you look at all the trees today and see what we got - it was well worth the $$. It will pay for it'self in just a few years. We paid about $40 - $45.00 each year for a real one and then tossed it out. Even though we bought one right away we continued to check out the other stores and their tree's just to be sure we got the one we wanted... and we did It's our first artificial tree, we've always gotten real until this year and these look so real now. We got ours without the lights and will put on the ones we have. It's a 7 1/2 foot Blue Spruce I haven't been home much to decorate it over the weekend, so that is my plan today. To finish setting the branches (spreading them and shaping them) and then get the lights and ornaments on it... I have gotten most of the house done and Joe finished the outdoor lights yesterday. We are a couple weeks behind because of being gone for Thanksgiving. It thew our whole system off, but we are getting there. I still have cards to do yet too and I seem to be running out of time quickly

How are all of you doing with your Holiday Shopping and Decorating? Oh, I still have to shop for my Joe & some of his family... I know what I am getting him & the others, I just have to take a day and get everything bought

Sounds like you are doing well with your shopping & decorating, Bonnie!

How are you feeling Charlotte? Are you able to get your home decorated at all?

Sheila, You little weekend trip sounded nice, but I am so sorry to hear that your DS did not come through for your DD or with the care of your pets. I am glad that they are all okay... good thing you weren't gone too long

Well, my hubby will be up soon... I hear his alarm going. I was up at 4 am this morning, just couldn't sleep. Excited about getting the tree done I guess. Have a Great Day Ladies!!!! I will take pictures as soon as I finsih decorating and cleaning, okay

Remember...
*Jesus is the Reason for the Seaon*
*God Bless!*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:18 PM   #3  

Cool house, SunnyD! I love that graphic. I'm on a board where the owner puts up new winter graphics every day, usually photos, and she gets quite a few with old houses in the snow. They're my favorites.

I'm so glad you found your tree. Sounds really pretty--Blue Spruce are the best. Um, I didn't know they were THAT expensive, though. Maybe we'll wait until after Christmas and see what's out there, or save a bit more and get one next year. Paying for three airplane tickets this year kind of wrecked our budget. Can't wait to see photos of your new tree and your decorations.

Up at 4:00 am. I don't think much of anything would get me up at 4:00 am! Now, I'm often awake at 4:00 am, but I never get up, and usually try to go back to sleep. Of course, we turn the light out at 11:30 pm.

Had a wonderful workout today at water aerobics. We had a new substitute who was excellent. I felt like a limp dishrag afterwards, which actually is a good thing. I wish she'd be our sub until our regular instructor gets back, but she was just subbing for our sub, who isn't as good. When we went on Saturday, the lifeguard ended up giving us instruction for about 1/2 hour because the regular instructor forgot. The lifeguard was actually pretty good, better than some.

Well, it was kind of rainy here today. Nothing unusual about that in Seattle in December. Hope everyone had a good day!

Oh, had to come back and tell you that I'm probably going to start volunteering to test preschooler's eyes (for the beginning signs of lazy eye) starting in January. A woman from water aerobics whose locker is across from mine asked me if I'd like to. I've been itching to volunteer somewhere, but I hadn't found anyplace that didn't require that I drive. This job is done in teams of three, and so only one person drives, and usually it's in our area or not too far out. So I'm pretty excited about getting out and doing something for the community.

Last edited by Sheila53; 12-06-2004 at 10:23 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:54 AM   #4  

Smile 18 Days till Christmas...

Good Morning Sheila,
Glad you enjoyed the HOUSE graphic Here's another for you

Wonder where the other gals have gone? Bet that they haven't gotten a notice because they haven't posted here yet and don't know that we are here That has happened to me, they'll catch it soon. I hope it's not because they aren't feeling well... if that's the case my prayers are with them!

Getting to the tree, it's taking longer then I thought - not done yet but hope to be by this evening with the tree not the house... that I should be finished with by Wed. or Thursday (I hope!). There are cheaper tree's out there at Wal-Mart and K-Mart... K-Mart advertised a Martha Stewart Tree for only $80.00. I just wanted a real looking tree that will last us (this has a 15 yr warranty with it).

Sounds like you had a nice workout yesterday --- I really need one like that too! I haven't walked in the last few days because my T-Mill had to be moved for the tree and I have to empty out the spare-room of the huge box of donations before I can put it in there and plug it in again. I remembered yesterday that I have the DvD's of Walking Away the Pounds, but never took the time for myself to do it. I haven't gained any weight back, but I don't feel as good as I do when I exercise, you know what I mean, don't you. I hope to have it up and running again by Thursday. Even though it's fairly warm outdoors for walking it's been raining like the dickens out...

Our weather is really strange here in Ohio! We'll be getting temps in the highs of 60* today with very high winds!! Possibly up to 58 - 60mph. The 50ft. tree in Cleveland blew down last week from winds and they were going to replace it today I think --- if I were them I would wait a day or so to do that, they may lose another tree. What is your weather doing, Sheila? Just rainy or are your temps colder too? Seems that the West Coast has been colder this year. My folks are getting allot of SNOW in Maine! Lots!! I am so glad to be home again, although... I wouldn't mind some snow now that we have all our Christmas Decorations out. They look so beautiful with snow.

What a great idea to volunteer for Sheila! I have a lazy eye that wasn't really taken care of when I was young and find it difficult to control when I am tired! Especially now that I am getting older... it seems to be worse. I easily lose focus in that eye. Hope you do it - I wish I had that kind of test when I was younger ---- what do you do to help them, once it's found?

Gotta get going... hubby is due home soon from his breakfast outing and I have to get his lunch ready. Hope you have a great day today Sheila...

Wishing the same for Bonnie & Charlotte too!! If you are not well, my *Prayers* are with you both!

God Bless!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 12-07-2004, 10:29 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone. Such beautiful graphics! I haven't had much time for searching.
We've really been having the rain. DH & I were up all night watching the weather. Very severe storms were going through all night, with high winds. It blew some of the plastic off of DS's room. I stayed in the bedroom most of the time praying. Our insurance wouldn't pay for damages to furniture, because they paid on it before. It's what few things we had in the apartment & camper. He answered prayer all is well. Still windy, though. You'd be surprised how noisy it can be with the tarp & plastic blowing! Last night the winds were up to 60 miles per hr! Then, DH & DS are both hard of hearing, so the TV is really loud to hear above it all!

SunnyD...I know your house is beautiful! Wish I could just walk through it. You ask about our decorations. Mine were all stolen, so I don't want to buy anymore until the house is finished, & I know how I want to decorate it. I bought a small Fiberoptic tree last year, & that's what we have this year. I really like it. Anymore might be ruined, anyway & would be in the way, if we had to run from rain!
DH bought me a 31" TV for Christmas. The one in our bedroom was old fashion....people were green! I'd gotten to where I didn't even turn it on. My concious bothered me too bad to put it in the bedroom, though. I had him put it in the living room, & put the 27" in the bedroom. It's mine, too, from another Christmas....before the fire. Our 36" we had in the living room was ruined by water the night of the fire & I had missed it terribly. So, I'm happy now! He can't decide what he wants for Christmas. He needs to make up his mind, soon.

Sheila...I'm so glad you got a volunteer job. There's nothing more rewarding to me, than the job I volunteer at. You will be so helpful!

Hi Bluet!

Hope all have a good day.

Last edited by Angel-lover; 12-07-2004 at 10:39 AM.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:33 PM   #6  

Hi Guys,

I am ok. Thanks for concern. Having a real bummer day at work. Have to go do the invoicing right now, I'll be back later, hopefully this afternoon when things quite down, but for sure this evening.

Love,

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:53 PM   #7  

Great house, SunnyD--thanks! I love dormers. Dormers and porches. Someday. . .

So did any of the other trees look real? Or does the "realness" factor increase with the cost? Yeah, besides weight loss, exercise is great at making you feel better, which is important when the weather is crummy and you're missing sunshine. In 1993, I had a bad bout with depression following my mother's cancer surgery, our move to another state, and my friend's death. Making myself exercise and volunteer helped a great deal in getting me back to normal. No cold temps here, by the way. Just a lot of rain and we're expected to get a huge windstorm sometime this evening. So if the power goes out, the only thing it will affect will be our clocks. You're welcome to the snow!

Charlotte, maybe your storm is what's headed our way. It sounds so scary to be where you only have a tarp for protection. So glad your prayers were answered! Aww, don't you miss those green people, though?? Love the cabin in the wood graphic. Don't think I'd want to be there, well, maybe for a weekend, but they're sure pretty to look at. I went tent camping in the snow once, and froze my little tushie off. It also happened to be the time when bears were coming out of hibernation. Never again!

Bluet, sorry about your bad day at work. I hope it got better later in the day.

Today I got a massage from the guy who lives relatively close (about a 15 min. drive). After the massage, I drove home and passed a bank on the corner that had about five police cars outside of it. The officers were just standing around (with no handcuffed people in sight this time) so I didn't think anything about it. Then I saw the news at 5:00 pm, and it appears the bank was robbed at the very time I was driving by on my way to the massage therapist. The robber took off when he heard a siren, and I had pulled over for that siren about a block from the bank. If he'd only known it was a fire vehicle, not the police, he could have gotten some more money! Life in the big city. Now I know why I only use the drive-through teller.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
Old 12-08-2004, 12:16 AM   #8  

Good Evening,

Well, I have been up to no good. Watching too much TV on that hard chair in the kitchen. Last night I watched a Christmas movie on Lifetime, which was just too sappy, but I made it to the end. During that movie, commercials were advertising that new show on Lifetime called "How Clean Is Your House?" So, I decided to watch it. OH MY GOSH, yuck, if you haven't watched it yet, pleeeze don't waste your time. First of all I don't think filth is funny, but these two English ladies are taaackyyyy, and make jokes about the filth, and I mean awful yucky filth, through the whole show. Then they put on the ridiculous rubber gloves in animal prints with pink fur on the cuffs. The blonde lady showed the homeowner, who by the way had not cleaned his house in four years how to clean that "I can hardly say it" toilet, Oh my gosh. Then she showed him how to clean dishes correctly. I was terrified she had the same gloves on that she cleaned the toilet with, Oh my gosh. She asked the guy if he had something wrong with his bum, because she did not like the color of the four year old feces on the toilet. CAN YOU IMAGINE? and I thought Survivor and CSI was rough. I wanted to catch this program because the girls at work were talking about the ladies being on Ophra (?) (spelling) and the clips they showed on her show and how awful they were. I didn't believe them, but I do now. I know, I know, I have to get a life, this TV watching is just not normal. I think I am trying to blot out my work day, with mundane stuff, so I don't have to think about it.

Well, as if that isn't enough, tonight I watched "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" for three hours on that same dang hard kitchen chair. A very good movie, I think, sad and moving, I cried a lot. And now I am up very late.

I love those homes too that are in the graphics, and have always dreamed about owning one with the dormers and lead glass doors and open staircases, but I think I will be here forever now, and our home is a victorian, but does not have dormers or lead glass, and a remolded job in the fortys by DH's parents enclosed the staircase .

We had snow Monday night, yuck (again). It didn't last more than a day, just made for hazardous driving in the morning on the way to work. I was so disappointed, I always hope we can get through the holidays at least without the cold and snow. Today it rained all day and is suppose to rain for the rest of the week. I don't want to wish that wind on anyone, but it can stay away from here, I don't like wind either, especially when it comes off of Lake Michigan, like it did on Sunday when we were desperately trying to put up our outside Christmas lights and decorations and an icy cold wind was whipping in towards us off the lake.

I bought our big Christmas tree about four years ago, it doesn't look as real as the brand new ones, but it does fine. It comes in three (3) easy fold out pieces and the lights are wound around all the branches, and it is up in about five minutes, after some straightening and fluffing it is ready to decorate. Oh yeah, my kind of tree. It took me at least three years of begging to convince DH that we needed an artificial tree. He was really adamant that we should have a real tree every year. Finally he broke down.

I still have decorations on the dinning room table and on the sofa in the family room and on the sofa in the living room. I NEED to get done, but am not feeling motivated yet. I'll get there, gotta stop watching that TV.

Charlotte, hope you are taking good care of yourself. I don't know what to say about that roof anymore, I just wish it were done.

Sheila, what a wonderful thing to volunteer to help children. That will be a good thing.

Sunny, can't wait to see those pictures, I know they are going to be even better than the fall ones.

Gotta get to bed, it is after 11:00 pm already. I have to keep up my stamina for my day job.

Have a good Wednesday everyone, now if I can just remember it is Wednesday and not Thursday.

Bluet

Last edited by Bluet; 12-08-2004 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:01 AM   #9  

Good morning friends,
It's a beautiful, sunshiny day here in North Alabama! Had a good day yesterday. Went to get my nails done, & shopped a little. (not much luck there) I only have a few presents left that are hard to choose for....that's why they're last.

Sheila....Goodness! That bankrobber could have jumped in your car! I hope you drive with your doors locked. It isn't a lot different in the country. Just mostly different kinds of crimes. Drugs, a few breakins, etc. It used to be that people could leave home & not lock their doors. Sadly, it's not that way anymore.
I'm/we're ok with the tarp for now...& warm enough. At least, there's not any bears.

Ok Bluet...if you're determined to watch TV in the kitchen...at least put a soft chair in there. I know....you think if you don't, you'll go to the living room. Looks like that plan isn't working, though, does it. WOW! What a program. Sounds like it's in very bad taste. I don't think I'd want to watch it, either. I wonder what those ladies would say about my dirt, right now. At least, most of mine is falling from above. Don't worry about the roof....we're fine. It'll get done eventually.

Hi SunnyD....hope you're doing well today. Thanks for the prayers.

Well, I'm feeling better, my cough is getting better, & my thumb (although not healed) is looking better. So, maybe I'm on the mend.
Everyone have a good Wednesday.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:49 PM   #10  

A windy evening to you all! We got downpours followed by sunshine followed by downpours, and a lot of wind all day.

Bluet, I like Charlotte's idea of putting a more comfortable chair in the kitchen, but, like her, I'm betting the reason you have the hard chair in there is so you won't watch the TV. I watched the five people show, and really enjoyed it. Am glad I was watching it from the comfortable bed, however. I saw that Oprah show with those two women on it. They were horrible! But you should have seen the woman's house--it was totally disgusting. And the woman looked so elegant. People who let their houses get into that state usually have a depression problem, IMHO. We helped this woman we know clean her house one time--it was the worst thing I've ever seen. She had 30 cats, and there was a two-foot high pile of cat dung in her second bedroom (along with feces in every other place), and everything had been peed on. We had to wear chemical masks because the smell of ammonia and cat feces was so bad.

Charlotte, so happy to hear that you had a good day. Lucky you with the sunshine! That's wonderful news that your cough is getting better, and your thumb looks better. We can all breathe a collective "whew!" Although maybe we should save that until your thumb is totally healed.

Well, today I rearranged the two freezer compartments (ours and Dad's). Can you guess why? Yup, another white styrofoam box arrived on our doorstep filled with 9 boxes of stuff. So now we have about 20 hot dogs, 24 hamburger patties, 12 steaks, 8 pork chops, 4 salmon steaks, 4 chicken breasts, 2 stuffed sole, a lasagna (that I already cooked and he's eating it every day for lunch and to heck with his blood sugar!), and potatos au gratin that should be called white balls of fat (had to cook those, too. I'm banning him for ordering for at least two months! I'll probably have to put a block on our phone so it can't dial Omaha Steaks anymore.

Hope you all have a great evening!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:55 AM   #11  

Smile 16 Days till Christmas...

Morning Everyone!

It's been a very busy few days and I expect more *busy* to come! I spent the last three days decorating our home (it's still not finished yet) and also trying to play catch up with chores. I still haven't even begun my Christmas Cards yet I also had to be at church the other night and we all had a meeting as to what we will be singing for Christmas... I so look forward to Christmas - I just love to sing with our little group and bring *Hope & Promise* of the Season to others with our music. I am actually looking forward to Christmas DAY Church & after church... because Joe & I will have some *quiet time* together to exchange gifts and I am making our dinner here AT HOME together this year instead of going to someone else's home - yeah We may go later to Joe's sister's for a Dessert gathering, but I love the idea of staying home together this year. We both need it - always on the run somewhere. Besides... we never get to have left-over turkey, but we will this year

Yesterday I made the attempt to get laundry done but didn't get far, I'll finish today. I got all caught up in making copies of Christmas music for my family to send off. I made 12 different CD's of music we had and they wanted and will get them all sent off sometime today. Also my sister wanted our CD's to sell at her church, so I sent her 5 of them. Joe was home by 3:30 in the afternoon yesterday and we both went for hair cuts @ 4:00 and dinner at my Sis-in-laws (she's a cosmetologist)... it was a really nice evening! So relaxing...

Hi Angel, Good to see you & to hear that you are feeling better as each day passes Oh I haven't been searching at all for graphics --- I have tons in files on my hard drive that I am just uploading to the Photobucket. Glad that you all are enjoying them

I don't have pictures for everyone as I hoped to today, but I should by the weekend, okay. I really decorated this year because we'll be having our Couples Bible Study Group here the 14th of Jan. and I am thrilled that I will be able to keep it all up to share with them... especially thrilled we have an artificial tree this year, no clean up after leaving the tree up long past it's time to take it down. I pray that by next Christmas, Charlotte, you will be able to decorate your home again like you have in the past. I remembered that you lost your ornament collection with theft this year, but I also recall that you had gifts from your friends & family of new ones Have you put those out? What ever you do it will be festive, because Christmas is *of the Heart* and not the decorations... with that in mind I know that you will have a Beautiful Christmas!

Cool Beans! A new TV and a very nice one at that! Our new one is a 27" so I can imagine how nice your 31" one is! What is the brand? Enjoy!

Hi Sheila, ChristmasTree's: Yes, the others looked pretty real when you compared them to what they use to look like years ago, but I think that the realness factor did increase a bit with the price. I just know that we'll be enjoying this tree for years to come and I want to look forward to putting it up & will... we are so happy with it. I will take a daytime and a nighttime picture of it soon so you can get an idea of how the tree itself looks.

I got my T-Mill connected yesterday I had to clear out the huge box of give-aways before I could put it in there --- Joe will take that box out tomorrow and bring it to the Goodwill. But I WILL get in some time today on it --- I really do miss it and the good feeling afterwards of a workout. Yes, I too feel so much better working out! I get the blues or just feel more sensitive when I go too long without it. It really helps me to stay balanced in every way. That's why I worked so hard to get my T-mill up and running again

Snow Nothing here yet I think we may get some by Saturday, but I hope it's not too much & all at once... we have another very FULL day planned with our friends.

WoW! Nothing like going from one experience to another Feeling all relaxed from your massage and then the robbery getting you all wound up again! You sure do experience allot with crime where you live... you are blessed to not have accidently gotten caught in any of it! Sheila, you have to be careful at the drive-up tellers too! People have gotten robbed from the passenger side and from people coming from the rear of the cars from shrubs and such. That's why most banks now have tree's and not shrubs around them if they have anything at all. You can never be too careful

So... what are your plans for today? You getting all your Christmas Shopping done? I still have so much to do, but try to take it a moment at a time so I don't feel overwhelmed... easier said then done, but I will try.

Hi Bluet, I am so glad to hear that you are okay... I was concerned about you Is the workplace still hard on you? I wish you didn't have to work in a place that makes you so unhappy! No one should be subjected to that on a daily basis - it is so unhealthy for you. I will pray that there will be some changes in the new year making it much easier on you there, okay

I saw both shows on Oprah with those ladies!!!! I am with you, Bonnie! I cannot watch it --- it is beyond gross! I just saw what was on Oprah and it was enough for me!! Did you see how they TOUCH everything with their bare hands first!!! Ewwwwwe!!!!!!!! And these people living in those conditions --- how terrible. What is happening in this world that we cannot keep a clean home???? It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, just liveable and these places are not liveable at all! The one family on Oprah was a family with 5 kids! Just Awful!

Our tree goes up in three sections too, (we bought it without lights, I like adding mine)... real nice, no separate branches to put in like the old ones... I use to put up *my family's tree* when I was young and it was done a branch at a time. Much harder then these new ones today. But they do take time to set up when you first get them and I was hurting so much the other day (Tuesday) that I couldn't tell what area of my body hurt more !! It was from all the work of decorating and moving boxes and such. I even got the chills from being so tired and had a difficult time warming myself up when it came time for bed & Joe said I was dreaming allot (I do that when I get over tired). Thank goodness for warming blankets! I am glad I went to bed as soon as I got home from church at 9:30 that night... I feel pretty good today I sure don't want to be sick for Christmas! Believe me - it has happened to me more then once where I wear myself out to where I don't feel well on Christmas. But I think I will be able to stave of illness this year

Tonight is Survivor night: Who do you think is going tonight??? The previews make it look as if it could be Chris? BUT (!) I wonder if Chris, Twilla & Scout will hold true to their vow & it will be Eliza voted off tonight? Hmmmm

Well ladies... I really want to get an early start to the day... so I'm off and running. I hope that you all have a really good day doing all you need to for the holiday with a Smile on your face and Joy in your Hearts

Take Care Everyone!
Loves,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 12-09-2004, 02:19 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon,

I'll bet you think I was watching another program on TV last night. No, no TV, I was next door babysitting the grandkids, while their parents went to a home builders Christmas party. SIL is on the board, so they had to go. DD wasn't keen on going, but she went anyway. Grans were really good and everyone was in bed by 8:00 p.m. I didn't watch TV after they were in bed, instead, I started reading The Five People book and was surprised that the dialog in the book pretty much matches that in the movie so far. The movie, has me dwelling on the theory, that you will meet people you didn't even know you had touched on earth when you die and I am getting all wrapped up in thoughts about people I wasn't so nice to in the past and wish I had been nicer, cause I really don't want to me meet them in heaven and have to deal with the past. Do you know what I am talking about?

Sunny, I think it will be Eliza, who goes tonight, because usually when a Survivor wins a car, they are voted off. Also, she was very close to Amy, and I am sure she will hear about it tonight. Of course, something could happen to really change everything at the last minute. Tonight is the last show on the island and Sunday is the finale. DH told me that he had heard that and he also heard that CSI is not a rerun tonight, so we will get to see the new alignment. You sound like you are really into Christmas, just don't over do and make yourself sick, rest every once in awhile. It is an exciting time of the year isn't it. I am anxious to see your home all decorated though. DH and I don't exchange gifts at Christmas anymore, but we have decided to get a digital camera for Christmas, so we will see what happens with that.

Charlotte, it is so nice that your cough is improving and your thumb is looking better. Take at easy though so it doesn't make a return visit. What a relief, I was really concerned about you. Your TV sounds very nice. You can just imagine why I would not be getting a new TV for Christmas Perhaps a comfy padded cushion for my chair in the kitchen would be appropriate. I usually don't want to move from the kitchen to the family room, because DH usually comes in from outside chores just when I am comfortable, and I know he isn't going to watch Christmas chick flicks, so I just watch my movie in the kitchen. What I need is not get involved in any of those movies, and just move on and get my work done in the evening Christmas is pretty much what is in a person's heart Charlotte, it is so fleeting, so much work for one day and then it is over. Next year you will have all your angels up and be decorating to beat the band. . You are lucky you are just about done with your shopping, I still have some to do yet. For as long as I can remember I have been telling myself, get it done early, get it done early, but alas, I never do.

Sheila, I always wonder when I see the make over shows, do the people really keep their homes clean and in order, or do they just revert back to the way it was before. I think I know my answer. I guess it is a form of depression and not being motivated. You are a very brave lady to help that gal clean up her house. I am not sure my stomach could handle something like that. Perhaps, Sheila, you should just break down and buy a larger freezer. No, I am just being silly, you do have a problem on your hands. It will be interesting to see how you resolve it. Do you ever get snow during the winter Sheila? We are suppose to get some more snow on the weekend. The Packer game is at home, in Green Bay, should make for an interesting ball game. Kids next door, grandson and DH have tickets, so they are probably going. There's no way, I am going to sit on a cold aluminum bench out in the cold to watch a football game, family room recliner, here I come.

Well, I cheated some on lunch break today, and went a little over I had better get back to work. Sunny, thank you for your prayers, that is so sweet of you. Thank you, Thank you!!!!

It is Thursday isn't it?

Puss, please let us know how you are doing. It would be a nice Christmas present for us. *#:c)>

Bluet
Old 12-09-2004, 09:19 PM   #13  

Hello, all!

Fatpuss, what we all want for Christmas is to see your lovely posts again!!

SunnyD, you've been working so hard! I can hardly wait to see the photos of your decorated house. The singing sounds like so much fun. Today I was wishing I knew where there was some good Christmas music going on. When I lived in Boise, we attended a church that had a whole singing (audience participation) service plus a kid's pageant. And the dessert party afterwards was fun, too! Staying home at Christmas is the best. When I was growing up, we didn't go anyplace on Christmas, and when I had kids, we always had Christmas at home. Made my parents drive down to us, and my MIL fly out. To be fair, except for the year when our car gave out, we always went up to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. However, the scads of leftover turkey are another story. A little is okay, but we seem to end up with enough turkey to last a week and that's only from a 10 lb. turkey.

Oh, I mentioned artificial tree to my DH, and he was adamantly against it. How did you guys get your husbands to go for it? Oh, and SunnyD, love the graphic! When I first saw it, I was reminded of the houses bordering Alamo Square in San Francisco. Have you ever been to SF?

Bluet, you were so virtuous! Hey, you're supposed to think of all the people that you touched in your life who were thankful that you did so. A comfy chair sounds like a good idea. You might as well relax and watch those chick flicks once in a while. You deserve it!

My Dad and DH got lasagna for lunch, and they'll be getting the fat potatoes (potatoes au gratin) tonight and tomorrow until they're gone. Then I guess we'll start in on the meats. *Sigh* My kids better be prepared to eat hot dogs and hamburgers while they're here because there sure are enough of 'em. We've been throwing out the catalogs that come for Dad, but the Omaha Steaks people are clever and disguise their ads as letters so I think they're bills for the stuff he's already bought. I am, however, looking forward to the fruitcake he ordered, but that's a once a year thing. Except for last year when he ordered one in July. Oh, my.

Heavy rains today so no walk for my dog. And I got lazy and didn't do my Walk Away the Pounds tape, but I did do 45 min. of weight lifting at the gym and 20 min. of stretching. I'm addicted to Weight Watcher Smoothies, and because my WW center has been out, I actually drove to another center to buy them. The person behind me in line asked me if they were good, and I said that I liked them so much I drove out of my way to get them!

Hope you all are having a great Thursday! Nice to know that CSI is new.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:14 AM   #14  

Smile 15 Days till Christmas...

Christmas Anticipation

Good Morning!

Hi Bluet, What a cute Santa smilie at the end of your post

Sounds like you had a nice time babysitting... I don't think there's anything wrong with TV at all, don't feel bad about watching it. I must agree with Sheila though, you should have a comfy chair in your kitchen to watch your shows if that's where you must go to watch them. My MIL use to go to her bedroom to watch her fav. shows & I use to join her I watch TV too! I think it's a great way to forget your world for awhile. I usually have it on through the day (especially during the holiday's) but I'm not actually SITTING in front of it --- I am usually doing something or another. But I enjoy the programming on HGTV and FOOD channels as well as the Fox Family Movie Channel & the Classic Movie channels, they play allot of Christmas Shows. So don't feel bad or guilty... I'm with ya I actually rented a movie yesterday on PayPerView --- an updated version of *Cinderella* it was cute! A feel good film... I started the day feeling just fine, but for some odd reason by afternoon I got pretty sick in the gut, so I just rented the movie and took a 90 min. rest, glad I did too - I feel so much better today Now I have to make up for what I didn't do yesterday, today!

I do know what you are saying about past mistakes with others, Bonnie... I have been there too (more then I care to say ). But we must remember that when we ask for the Lord's forgiveness and really mean it - it has been forgotten, never to be brought up again God is just so good! I know I truly feel sorry for the times I have let others down or have not been as kind as I could have been and often wish we could go back and redo... but I am afraid that I would make the mistake all over again if I was in the same frame of mind I was in then - people are funny that way. That's all the more reason I am *Thankful to our Lord in His Forgiveness* Jesus won't remind you of your past - the devil does that! I have a T-shirt that states on it, "The next time the devil reminds you of your past, remind him of his future" Rev 20:10 and the devil was cast into the lake of fire...

Joe & I still exchange gifts I do know that Joe is buying me a new Digital Camera this year - he knows how much I love my camera (but mine is so old now) and I do know about it because I ordered it off the net for him --- It's the Olympus Waterproof Digital Camera - I love it! It has everything on it I want and it's small & very easy to use! Here is a LINK to see it yourself and all that it does --> http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/prod...me&sku=OMST410 He will take the old one for himself - he wants to have it with him at work. I think it's because he will be retiring in a few years, so he wants to get pictures of his buddies when they are together.

So... what did you think of last nights Survivor? I totally forgot about Julie!!! Duhhh But I really thought that Eliza would have gone last night too... but now we know where Chirs' alliance is for sure --- it's with Twilla & Scout --- & he's staying true to it. It will be important for Chris to keep those two gals now, because allot of those voted off and are now on the jury do not like Scout or Twilla & just may still vote him in for the win. What do you & Sheila think?. I am looking forward to Sunday's program.

Hi Sheila, I am so looking forward to spending Christmas AT HOME! My hubby is from a very large family and often wants to be with all of them on the holiday's, but this year he too wants to spend it at home --- I was sooo pleased to hear that! He said he is very tired too and really just wants to help me with the cooking (he loves to cook!) & snuggle up with me for the day... did I say that "I am so looking forward to it"

As for the tree: my hubby was the one to suggest it! We always got real tree's... but he got tired of lugging a live tree up onto the roof of the jeep & into our home every year, not to mention the mess afterwards! We like to leave our tree up till the 14th of January, so it was very dead by the time we'd take it down - now there's no worry as to how long we leave it up. When everyone else is feeling a let-down from the holiday --- we are still enjoying it. By the 14th I am ready to clean it all up and do not feel sad about it - I know... I'm strange I really think that if your hubby saw how beautiful these tree's are now, he'd go for it too.

Yes! We have been to SF, many years ago And know of the homes you mentioned... cool!

You are just too funny with all that your father has ordered! At least you are cooking it up for them (your hubby & DF) --- and they are enjoying it. Are you able to block him from calling on a whim? Might be a good idea to do.

Here too! Allot of rain!!!!!!!!!! We are still in the high 40's this morning, so much for the snow they predicted Watch! It will hit tomorrow when we have so much to do!

CSI was good, but I miss Grissom in it more... you don't think they will be getting rid of him or that he is leaving the show, do you??? I love his character!!

Hi Angel!

Do you all have Christmas Traditions in your families?
I often wish I had set one up for Joe & I from the beginning, but with no children we never really did.

Well, I must be going... I have so much to get done today and we have a Christmas Party to go tonight at 7:00.

Love you gals!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 12-10-2004, 02:03 PM   #15  

Hello,

Oh my goodness, CSI......it has been a week of feces....yuck! I wonder myself if Ghrisom is leaving the show. Well, at least they have us quessing and watching, and wondering and that is the name of the game right? It makes me so sad when they have child abuse in these programs. I think Eliza would have gone if she had not won immunity. I hope Twilla doesn't do her in before the show ends. That Chris is quite the shister, he better watch out or he will be gone, too late though, Eliza has made too many enemies. If Chris would get voted off though, then there would be Sarge, Chad, Chris and Scout to vote for Twilla to receive the million against Amy, LeeAnn and Julie who do not like Twilla. Just a thought. It depends on where Eliza falls in all of this.

Sunny, after I calmed down and re-thought what I know, yes God does forgive. That has been ingrained in my head forever, so I am ok now. I went to your camera sight. That is a dandy camera that you are getting for Christmas. You must have been very, very good this year. I don't think I need one of that caliber, you on the other hand are the photographer, I am just a picture taker. Traditions when the kids were little........well, we always did St. Nick on the 5th, we always opened the presents Christmas eve, after everyone returned from the barn and showered and got dressed up for pictures with the tree. Christmas Day we always went to DH's parents house after church. (The house we live in now) and when it got to be too much work for my MIL, the Sis-IL's took turns having it at our homes.

Sheila, I can understand why you are punishing Dad with the lasagna and potatoes, but what did DH do to deserve fat potatoes? It is really gloomy here today, started raining again last night and has been raining ever since. Better than snow though, acutually the rain is a good thing for us, because the ground isn't frozen yet and the rain is soaking into the ground and we need the moisture. I think the reason I have three artificial trees is because I started with smaller ones in different rooms, so DH could convince himself, that artificial trees really are ok. I think he is happy too, now that there are no more falling needles, remembering to water the tree and sticky sap to deal with. Also there is the clean-up after dragging the tree into the house and dragging it back out again. Perhaps, you could just happen to pass some artificial trees next time you are shopping with DH and let him see how real they actually do look. What the heck anyway, whose idea was it to stick a live tree up in your house and deal with it during one of the most stressful times of the year anyway? I never did understand that concept. Then when the kids were little and everytime they went to get something from under the tree, tons of needles would fall on them and get in their hair and in the carpet.

Hi Charlotte, hope you ae feeling ok, and just busy with Christmas busy work!

Puss, we are still waiting. An email in our stocking on Christmas morning would be super terrific!

Enjoy the rest of your Friday.

Bluet