Old 01-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #46  

Default Sign me up

I am new as well and would love to rise to the challenge i want to lose 8 more pounds by valentines day to hit 170 pounds

Last edited by angelcookie; 01-09-2005 at 01:23 PM.
angelcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:46 AM   #47  
No Uno Mas?

How is everyone doing on the challenge? I didn't have electricity Wednesday and part of Thursday so I wasn't ver active and I ate alot. I am now on track and ready for my weigh in on Monday morning.
Christalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:35 AM   #48  

Default judydc and anyone else interested

WTG ignoring those cookies! That is hard to do. I have managed to take off one more pound, despite the fact that I did not do so well avoiding pizza or cookies. It has also been raining everyday, so I haven't gotten in my walks. I do daycare and the kids were all out of school this week. Next week they go back, so I hope to get back into a routine!
chocy963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:55 AM   #49  

Default Friday evening went better...

I didn't eat after dinner. I'm all set to fit in some exercise today.

Christina, I noticed your signature says 1st goal 10%. I've heard of measuring like that. I like the idea. 10% for me is 153. I won't be there by the end of the challenge, but hopefully I'll be within 5 lbs. Thanks for the idea, it makes this weight loss thing a little more manageable--I'll just keep losing 10% til I'm there!

Well, fellow chicks, hope your Saturday goes great!
Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:05 PM   #50  

Thumbs up Valentine's Day

Sounds like a great idea!

10 more pounds by valentine's day sounds good here!

Good Luck!
05andOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 02:25 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Default Trying to be proactive

Hi, fellow losers! Just a quick note before running out the store. I'm going to a potluck this evening, with a small group of people (who I mostly don't know). So I'm planning to whip up some sort of veggie dish to take, and will eat a protein bar just before I head out (and maybe slip a few almonds in my purse). Last month a few of us had a potluck at work, and four out of six people brought some form of noodles or pasta. I hope that I can manage to be polite and sample a bit everything tonight...except dessert. If I can get through the meal in good form, I'll bypass dessert and have a glass of wine.

Wish me luck!
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 02:38 PM   #52  

Default Judy, good luck...

Pasta is my downfall, and someone always bring the perfect lasagne. Sigh. So I feel for you.

You can do it!!
Old 01-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #53  
Dixiesmama

Default I want to join the challenge

I would like to join the challenge. I am going to be realistic and set a goal of 8 lbs by Valentines Day. That is 2 lbs a week. I think I can do that.
Dixiesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:01 AM   #54  
No Uno Mas?

Default 10%

Clarissa-I know if I make bigger goals I may get discouraged along the way and give up..10% at a time for me is the only way to keep me on track..oh, and the befoer picture stuck on my fridge
have a good day
Christalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:42 PM   #55  

Looks like everyone is getting on board with this ! Very exciting !! I am following weight watchers with a bit of a twist... I bought a juicer and am doing some veggie juices with that as well as snacking on the cabbage soup from the cabbage soup diet since I love the taste and it counts as a 0 point WW food... so far so good.. just need to get all my water in and am having a hard time doing that when it is so cold outside.. anyone have any ideas ??

The difficult I accomplish right now;
the impossible takes a little longer.
MrsNuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 01:22 PM   #56  

just an update on the challenge i have 5 more pounds to go before i hit my valentines day goal
angelcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 01:27 PM   #57  

Default Strength in numbers?

I Hope that there really is strength in numbers, and I hope that i'm not to late to join up. I am new to these sites but i do hope to become more involved. I am a very busy mom who could never really fight off that "baby fat". I started fighting for a new me last tuesday and doing well so far but I feel that i may need all the help i can get. My mimi goal for this challange (I really am excited) will be 10 pounds (with more to follow). Good luckall. I know I will need it.
DentalGem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:16 PM   #58  

Default Today was a rest day...

no exercise. Well I planned to, but didn't, so that's what I'll call it! Food's gone pretty good. I weigh myself tomorrow and take my measurements. I'm not looking forward to this!!

Lynchtg--everyone is joining up at different times--welcome! Our mini-goals are pretty close--I'm aiming for 9-12 lbs. Good luck to us!

Happy Sunday, everyone.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:52 PM   #59  

Welcome everyone that just joined. I have had a very good weekend. Went out to eat with a friend Sat. Chose oriental food. I really like lomein and I know it is high in WW points but it was shrimp and shrimp is low in points. I left the rice and the eggroll, because I was really full after the egg drop soup and the lomein. Today I ate out with my sister and we hit a brunch buffet and what a buffet. It had everything from caramel rolls to beautiful looking breads and pastas, lots of differnent meats, fruits, potatoes, veggies,& desserts. I managed to stay with a salad, hard roll, just a pinch of hash browns and eggs, small piece of chicken, steamed veggies and I quit before I had that stuffed feeling and I felt great all day. My sister had the dessert and it looked good but I was just comfortable so I was glad I didn't break down and go get one. Has anyone tried the skinny cow? It's like an ice cream sandwich but it is low fat around 2 points I think for WW. I really enjoy them so I rewarded myself one of them tonight. Good luck everyone with the weigh in tomorrow.Maybe we can all do a happy
Anmyreah.

Last edited by Anmyreah; 01-10-2005 at 12:00 AM.
Anmyreah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:37 AM   #60  
The Pook!

I'm down 1.5 lbs this week so a pretty good start!

Tonight I am going to exercise, 40 minutes if I can on our cross trainer.

Wish me luck!
Pook74 is offline   Reply With Quote