Old 12-03-2004, 11:12 AM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quickie for now...but HI ladies and happy Friday!

Getting ready to head to the mall in a few mns. with DS. We had it planned Monday but his wicth of a boss messed things up which made him angry and he gave his notice. That was the last straw. Anyway, his boss is the real grinch 100 times over!

Okay, so I have to say I am so happy for your good news Jane. That is wonderful! She definitely will be floored and it will be a proposal she will never forget. Of course I don't think anyone ever forgets their proposal but I always thought holiday ones were extra special. Okay, blabbing... This was supposed to be a quickie. I will be back later to do individuals.

Take care ladies and have a nice day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 02:10 PM   #47  
Closed

Hi Everyone
Didn't anyone want tea last night? I waited and waited but no one came . so I supped alone I did shed a few tears but I'm over it now, I understand. So how is everyone today , WE HAD SNOW LAST NIGHT GREAT BIG FLUFFY FLAKES IT DUSTED THE GROUND, CHRISTMAS LIGHTS WERE GLOWING , CHRISTMAS MUSIC PLAYING, IT WAS WONDERFUL, THEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING the sun was shining and my snow was GONE, but BABY ITS COLD OUTSIDE (thats what Dean said anyway)

Hi Jane
Did you hear me((( WE HAD SNOW LAST NIGHT))) but its gone thats wonderful news about your son ,there is nothing more important than knowing that your sons future spouse is a wonderful caring loving person and one whom you love .I am so happy for you all, now you keep it a secret there mom I bet your ready to bust with excitement. I think that my daughter has found that in her new relationship , although its fairly new I am convinced that he is the one , and I couldn't be happier , he has brought out so much happiness in her ,I can explain what a change he has made in her life,I hope that this is a long lasting relationship, although It saddens me that I may not have her here in a year or so , but she will always be close to me and close by.The most important thing is she is happy and it gets me one step closer to the grandchild I would love to have.
Although my Son has been in a relationship for a long time I can't really see anything happening for some time.But this was about your happy news I just go on and on.I am so happy for you.Tell Mary to pick out a really nice ring
I hope that your finger is better cause you will need tonight to load all them movies for Mackenzie I love their names so cute. I would have loved a name like that.I have never seen Mickeys twice upon a Christmas but I saw a commercial the other day and it looks so cute I would really like to see it. I love your Theme song you are indeed a funny gal I don't have that particular problem ,but I'm sure I could apply that song to other areas.
I hope you enjoy your movies with the wee one, if your having hot chocolate I may drop by , I will bring the popcorn. ok Have a great day Jane .

Hi Cristi
Are you back at the mall again, Sorry to hear that your son was put in a position where he had to give notice,so unfair to be treated that way, that you have to leave your position, I hope he has something else lined up ,so its not to stressful.My sons best friend has just gone through a similar situation ,but is having a difficult time finding something else ,you would think with all that schooling it shouldn't be so hard on them,I don't know I hope that you have a nice time with him at the mall , and will get that recipe out to you soon.

Hi Marti
Of course you were working, I get all confused about where everyone one is, and what time it is where you arebut I had my magnifying glass didn't you see me looking for you The body isn't as sore today its hard for me to even remember being sleek and trim even though I have only had this weight on for two years ,gained it all in 2002 lost it all in 2003 gained it all back in 2004. I am truly frustrated with myself ,but I am trying to get it under control would like to be all fixed up by spring for sure.To many ups and downs the last few years ,I have become an emotional eater and thats bad news for me. I hope that you James and Jhanai have a wonderful day ,Have you made a decision about Grandpa's yet?

Hi Susan
Thank you so much for your kind words about Snookie,and for the hugs can never get enough in times like these ,she was a precious pet , and she will be missed. As for the pumpkin cheesecake I would be happy to send the recipe to you as well, it has become a favourite in my family for years now , no Christmas without it would be complete.I am happy to hear your meeting with the lawyer went well ,it always helps to hear words of encouragement,I agree with Jane about letting Rocky help you out , no shame in that ,and if it helps you get one step closer to ending this fiasco and one step closer to Rocky and your new life take all the help you need ,that is what life partners do.

Hi Katy
I can smell the greens from here and they smell wonderful .I can hardly wait to see your pictures, hopefully I will have mine sometime during the week sweet son has promised to help me since I am computer illiterate,I am glad your class is almost finished I bet you will be relieved.Wow you have completed your Christmas shopping good for you. not me slow poke that I am. Well you have a great day Katy

Hi Angie
I sure hope you don't mind all the kidding I have been doing ,Yes I am a try to keep myself amused So whats on your agenda today , how is work going ?finished your Christmas shopping ,whats for dinner ,how Brandon and Tanner and the rest of the family? did you hear Janes news, can you believe that Cristi's at the mall again?Did you see Marti and katy's new aviators,did you know that Kathy popped in all the way from Canada and did you know that she moved and that she has horses and everthing? do you know if she goes on sleigh rides?Did you know that Jane pampered Neal in non-monetary ways just when you think you know someone Oh my gosh did you hear about her boobies ,so sad ,and she tries to make them perty by tying them in a bow ,Ok enough of the twenty questions ,How is Becky doing did they find anything out yet ,I hope all is well ,I hope your having a great day ,you probably were till you got to my post.

Hi Sue
How are you doing today ,I hope that your family is on the mend soon . (((HUGS))) Is the weather still cold and windy ,you might as well come home for that . I hope your day is going well.

Hi Mindee
How are you doing, Are you almost ready for Christmas, This will be so much fun sharing it with Brandon , such a different experience through a childs eyes.would really like to hear from you,and see how you are all doing(((HUGS))) hAVE A NICE DAY MINDEE

Hi Everyone else
I sure hope your all having a wonderful life te he I saw that on tv .ok another bad joke
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:24 PM   #48  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon ladies!!

Didn't want to get out of bed today! I would have loved to have slept in a little longer but......had to get up. 11:30 just seemed to early!

Jane--What wonderful news!! How exciting is that? How long have they been together? And asking her father for his blessing!! SO SWEET!! You'll have to tell us more about it after he asks. Do you know if he plans on asking privately or w/all the family around? Sounds like you got a lot of great movies! I'm hoping to watch some Christmas movies this weekend w/Jhanai. Really looking forward to this weekend.

Katy--I'm glad your class is almost finished! Then you'll have time to relax that brain of yours! I informed James that in Janauary he needs to add me to his membership at the gym. I'm too lazy in December! Maybe I should buy a stroller for my dogs, then while I'm out walking they can bark at everyone we pass which will then have me walking faster.....may even break into a jog!! Hmmmm....may have to ponder that idea for awhile!

Ellen--I can understand the emotional eating. It's really hard to break that too.... Lately I've been doing well w/what I eat. I haven't really gone crazy on the holiday treats....YET! As for the time difference.....aren't you in Canada?.....I believe you're an hour ahead of me. So right now it's 12:20 so it would be 1:20 for you and Cristi & Jane are two hours ahead of me. Or is it three?? I get confused too! But I think that's pretty close.

Kathy--If you have moved and have a new address and all, I need your new address as well! (if you wouldn't mind sharing with me) I'm getting ready to get some cards and have them sent sometime next week......or the week after......

Good afternoon to all the rest of you lovely ladies!!

I have to leave at 3:00 today for work. Trying to figure out where I'm going to park.....I may just park in the same place and not pay for it.....so bad! But the structure doesn't take the badges until 5:30........BUT---if you grab a ticket....after 12:30 they are closed so getting out is just simply driving out. (so why do I pay?) Because I would feel dishonest to take advantage so I pay my dollar every night. But today may be a different story. FORGIVE ME!

I better get some coffee in me, clean my face up.....look at my eyes and wonder why I've got HUGE puffy circles under them....get critical of my body, cry a little...... Oh wait....this is stuff I do in my own privacy....sorry!

You all take care and have a GREAT Friday!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 04:21 PM   #49  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default I'm baaaaaaccck.......

and boy am I pooped. Didn't really do much shopping, was mainly going to Lenscrafters so DS could get his glasses fixed. Did end up looking a little bit though. He bought us a really nice picture for the living room for Christmas at Kirkland's-love that store. He was going to buy seperate gifts for both V and I but I liked this and was going to get it and he said let me get it for you and I will be done with my shopping, fine by me. Then went to shoe store for some Adidas shoes he wants but didn't see the ones he wanted and that is about it. No big shopping. I'm good one day a week, other than grocery shopping. More than that-it kills me. Sorry Ellen about Chat. I don't do the Thursday night Chat because of my shows (I know I mentioned this before so sorry for repeating myself), although it seems too Thursday is usually a busy day/evening. I missed The OC and unfortunately half of CSI which was fine as it was a rerun. Those are my fav shows and even if I could see the tv from the computer I wouldn't be able to concentrate on what I'm typing.

Ellen~I don't mind going to the mall at all because I always go during the week when they are not too busy. Shoot, even when it's not a holiday I still do my shopping during the week usually when they first open. Don't like crowds at all. I wish DS had a job lined up but he doesn't that's why he gave them a months notice. It will give him enough cash to last for a while, while he looks. Plus he can get his 401. It was wearing him down working 60-100 hours a week and only getting paid for 40, doesn't seem right but that's how it is when you are the manager. Then on top of it going to college, not really sure how he had time to sleep!Anyway, he doesn't really have any bills except for gas for his car, his cell phone, phone bill at home and his car insurance so he will be fine with what he has and what he will be getting. Just keeping my fingers crossed that he finds a job before the month is over. Glad you finally got some sno, even if it was just a taste to tease you.

Hi Katy~can't wait to see pics of your mantel, bet it is gorgeous! James and Leigh are such cuties! I loved when the kids were small like that, so cute and nice to one another.

Jane~now if V needed any new tools that would be the perfect gift but he doesn't. How many tools does one man need? Of course he says if it is something he hasn't used he will one day! Talking about the zillion that are hanging in the garage. Although, you did remind me of this saw he wants. DS#2 bought one for his job and V saw it and said that is what he was wanting, hmmmm thank you Jane. He doesn't need clothes or cologne so it makes it very difficult to buy for the man. Should be interesting to see what I come up with. Love the movies you bought, of course I am not up on Dora. I still have the old ones the kids used to watch, The Berestain Bears Christmas, Mickeys Christmas Sing-A-Long, can't remember what else except of course Charlie Brown. Have a lot of the Charlie Brown ones, but then I love those more than the kids did I think. I am truly so very happy for your family! Can't wait for the day that I get a DIL/SIL and grandbabies. I look so forward to being a grandma. Did Mary pick out a beautiful (expensive) ring yet? Is he going with a traditonal solitare or do you know? Well, I hope they find/found the perfect ring. I am excited just hearing about it.

Susan~It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks, what matters is that you and Rocky are happy and you both know in your hearts that you are meant for each other. I'm glad that my mentioning about me and Vince helped. That is so sweet that Rocky offered to help. He is so sweet! And I am so very happy that you guys met and you are happy. You both deserve the best life has to offer, and to be happy and in love. My wrist is fine, for now. I never really know when it is going to hurt or for how long. I did discover Tylenol Arthritis and when it was hurting that and ice really helped a lot. Thanks for asking about it. I wish it were only the wrist though, but when it hurts it is from the right should all the way down to my wrist. I do wear one of those thingys for my wrist, can't for the life of me think what they are called-duh. Anyway, it helps tremendously keeping the wrist straight. I will usually wear it to bed which is when it hurts the worst.

Hi Kathy~I almost forgot you were moving. Question?? Are you guys still at the old place, or in between? Curious because I have the old address on your cards to be sent this month and am hoping you will get the mail. Or if ya want, you can pm me your new address, or email it. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the new place once you get all settled.

Marti~I think I just thought of what I am getting V for Christmas, see above. Not sure what he is going to do with it but he wants it and I know eventually it will be used. Hope you find the perfect gift(s) for James. Going to try and make it to chat next week. Yeppers Marti, I am two hours ahead of you. It is hard trying to figure all the different time zones everyone is in.

Hi to everyone else

Not much going on today, well went to the mall and then DS and I had lunch. It was nice. Of course I had to come home to the dreaded chores. Not sure how this laundry piles up in a day. Did manage to get two loads washed before leaving this morning now I have 3 left. So that is what I am doing the rest of the day. Will watch Ellen at 4, cook dinner and hope there are some Christmas specials on tonight. Anywho, almost time for Ellen so gotta get going.

Hope everyone had/is having a good day today. Take care.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 12-03-2004 at 04:25 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 04:38 PM   #50  
Closed

Cristi do I have a show ,maybe thats why I am so darn tired all the time,am I funnier there than here , gee I hope so if they pay me to be.

*ELLEN*

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-03-2004 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:42 PM   #51  

Good Evening girls!!!

Just got in from work...my boss has really been giving me a hard time lately. She thinks Im a robot, and is expecting a lot more work from me than my co workers!! I know I have good work ethic and get things done much quicker than them, but shes putting way too much responsiblity in my lap and its stressing me out!!!
Tried to get out today and do a bit of xmas shopping!! A couple of things ended up turning into 140.00.....oh well!!!! Just decorated my lamp post with greenery and lights...Decorated my living room last night..Will hopefully get the tree up tonight or tomorrow!!! Would like to start my xmas cards as well!!!
The big wedding for our friend is next weekend, we werent going to go after the whole shower incident, but DBF said we should make an appearance..So thats next saturday night.
Well Im off to get a shower and go rent a couple movies, and get dinner!!

Hello to Ellen, Kathy, Katy, Jane, Marti, Susan, Angie, Cristi, and Mindee

Check in Later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:16 PM   #52  
Closed

Hi Marti
I swear I don't know where I am ,or what time it is , apparently I have a show on tv I didn't know about either , I'm really not sure what the heck is going on do you? I"m calling a national Marti day so you can have the day off what do you thinkI'm gonna go and call my bud George and see what I can do , I'll let you know what he says OK

Hi Julie
it sounds like theres a lot of boss troubles going around , its a fact the more you do. the more they will expect of you, and its a tough spot to be in once your there.and even harder to get out of , I hope you can work it out ,its nice to be appreciated but theres a line between that and being taken advantage of, I know what you mean about the few things and the 140.00 its so easy to do isn't money sure dosen't go far these days.I bet your decorations look beautiful are you going to post some pictures I hope so,Well enjoy your movies and dinner and have a great night Julie

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-03-2004 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:27 PM   #53  
RosieKate

Default Yawn!

I need a nap! I went walking with my neighbors this morning; the weather was cold and brisk - no rain. My neighbors are two new moms who are way more athletic than me. They were talking about marathons and mini-triathlons and cycling and I was just tired listening to it all! I'm glad I'm walking with them, because it is certainly motivating me to get more exercise. Don't think I'll ever be THAT athletic, but I could certainly be in better shape, that's for sure.

Jane - what wonderful news about your son - Santa is visiting you early this year. Did you mention your DGDs are into Dora the Explorer? My DD just loves Dora, even thoughwe don;t have cable and she doesn't watch the show. CBS has some Nick shows on Saturday morning and then she'll watch it and has has a CDROM she likes.

Ellen - Yay - snow - I'm sure more is coming. We don't get alot of snow here in Oregon, but we do get beautiful fall color. We also have lots of evergreen foliage, so we have green year-round. We can play in the snow, we just have to drive 1.5 hours to get to Mt. Hood. Hope you are having a good day.

Cristi - I highly recommend adidas. My DH does alot of track officiating and adidas was a sponsor of one of his meets - ergo we have lots of adidas shoes in our house. I just love them - they are a good fit and they work well with the orthotics I have to use for plantar fasciitis. Your house sounds lovely

Julie - BTDT with infertility and I am so glad you and your DF are getting to the root of the issue now while you are young. Don't know if your doc mentioned it or not, but sometimes consulting a reproductive endocrinologist can be helpful, but a fertility specialist should really get the ball rolling.... it did for us! Good luck to you both.

Mindee - Helloooo out there! Are you out there! We miss you - hope you are enjoying the holiday season with Tommy and your precious little Brandon

Marti - hope work went well today - enjoy your time with Jhanai! I LOVE your new avatar - she is so precious

Ohh geez - not enough time for everyone. Have a great afternoon folks - chat witcha later...
RKR
Old 12-03-2004, 05:56 PM   #54  
kitty Momo

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz- tired.

What kind of class are you taking Katy?? I really thought you were tking a brain class....lol bout to call you Dr. Katy.

Congrats Jane. What a lucky gal Gina is to have you for a MIL. Very sweet how your son is thoughtful enough to ask her family for her hand in marriage. Sooooooo romantic

psssst- how did your finger get in a splint??

wow, Ellen. Snow would be kind of pretty- you are so lucky. Rocky has 78 degree weather and he says he is cold....lol.

I need to get to work - just wanted to say hello.

Weighed in at 146 this morning.

Made it to Astoria and filed my response and motion for change odf venue. Looked stunned when she asked for the affidavit & order....lol.
Made a quick call to legal aid and they faxed it over to me. Court was nice because they usually don't allow that.

Gaby went with and she made herself useful getting her finger stuck in the elevator..... She was ok though. Figure she only needs 4 fingers anyway..........hahaha,......I am joking. She is fine.

So it is DONE!!! YAY.....so .........can I go to Hawaii now???

Actually he might be coming here with Kris in January when they have a break. We will see,....he wants me to come there with Gaby but I don't have any more vacation time.

Besides it seems like a lot of money. Just not use to being with someone with a ................job...... He is so sweet. He asked what I wanted for Christmas and I said just him and when I asked what he wanted he said....me......lol

anyway- best get ....
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 06:28 PM   #55  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Question

Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

Let’s see here…..nothing really new and exciting around here. Brandon is changing every day. He now likes to sit and scream at his toys if he throws them off his walker tray. He is stilling fighting going to bed at night, but I have found that if I put the Eagles in the DVD player, then he falls asleep faster. So we are using that as a secret weapon to get him to sleep at a decent hour.

Marti~ I agree that $300 is better then nothing at this point. Tommy gets his license back on the 13th, and he has already vowed to me and Brandon that he is going to be hitting the nearby cities and going on job hunts. He already has some jobs banked away in his “shopping cart” at one of his job search websites. They are farther from our house, so it only seemed right to hold off on inquiring until he gets his license back.

Ellen~ I agree with everything that you said. We finally got the car down here from my parents, so now when he gets his license back, all he has to do is get it reinstated, and then to get insurance on the vehicle. Then he will be off on his job hunts.

Cristi~ Thanks for the kind words. And we have both noticed that jobs are definitely hard to come by.

Jane~ He has numerous leads stashed away in his “shopping cart” like I mentioned to Marti. He hasn’t really seen a doctor yet about his knees. But his brother pinned him in between their dad’s workbench and a car when he was younger, and then he got hit by an elderly lady in her car when he was younger. He also has problems with his back as well. And being out in the cold for too long, it locks up on him. So that was another reason for passing on the job as well.

Julie~ I hope you get answers soon on the baby issue! I was told that since we had been trying for over a year to get pregnant with Brandon, that we were technically infertile because of the time frame. I was told in June of 2003, that we were infertile, and to stop trying by ourselves and get ready for some blood work for fertility. I told my doctor that there was no way either of us were infertile, and she argued with me. I never did get the blood work done because I knew that I didn’t need it. She had me schedule a follow up appointment for two months later, August 18th, the day after my birthday. I told my mom how the appointment went, and she got us a Clear Plan Easy Fertility Monitor. We used that for the first time in July, and we conceived Brandon that month. I went back to my doctor proving her wrong and that I knew my body better. So my synopsis of all that mumbo jumbo is, it could be something simple as mistimed love sessions or something like that. I am free if you would like to email me about anything. Go right ahead, and I will get back to you soon.

Ellen~ First off, I have been really busy, so I didn’t think that you all were ganging up on him. We both realize that granted it wasn’t the most perfect job, it was a job. But like I mentioned to Jane, he has knee problems and back problems. Yup we actually did get our tree up. In fact there are some Christmas pictures up on Brandon’s webpage from us putting up the tree. There is a picture of him sitting on the back of the couch (Tommy is holding him) just staring downwards. He is staring at the Christmas tree, with the lights on. We have a switch on it to where we can change the speed of the lights and he started bouncing and screaming at the Christmas tree when it was all lit up. We are almost ready for Christmas. All the decorating is done, now we just have to get the Christmas presents bought and wrapped and we will be done. We are planning on going around the different neighborhoods and seeing the lights.

Just coming on to catch up….I have blackened Cajun spiced chicken alfredo waiting for me. (at least that is what I think it was called)

Katy~ I am out here….I have been lurking and just now got a chance to come and post. I am also getting dragged away to come eat dinner as well.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 07:35 PM   #56  
Closed

Hi Mindee
Glad to see you back, and so happy to hear that things have improved so much in the last week, and you have all your decorating and Christmas shopping done .thats wonderful news .So glad things are going so well
Old 12-03-2004, 08:03 PM   #57  
kitty Momo

Stop typing!!!!

Please go to Chit Chat #93
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote