3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #284 Tuesday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/48745-desperate-housewives-sahms-284-tuesday.html)

Bayleysmom 11-02-2004 01:55 PM

Hey girls sorry I didn't get back on here last night. I had Hunter and then my dh left to go out of town for 3 days so after Hunter left I went and ate dinner at my mom and dad's house. It was nice not to have to cook. I was planning on it but dh got home from work early so he could leave and I didn't have time to make something he could eat. Anyway it's lonely without him but a break is good too. TOM came today so I guess it's good he is gone! LOL My 35 day cycles are always right on time, it's kind of crazy! Actually this one was 36 but the last 3 have all started on a Tuesday, you would think I was on BC or something, I need to be or I will be in trouble soon, need to make and appt so I can get back on it.

Anyway I need to drop me and dh's ballots off at the library sometime today, can't wait to see who won. We don't go to polls around here, it's all through the mail. Kind of nice not to have to stand in line.

I have lots of homework I am procrastinating on. I am nervous to look at my research paper classwork cuz I think a rough draft of my 15-20 page paper is due in a couple weeks and I don't even have all my sources yet!! AHH I have to have at least 30 sources that I cite in my paper and I only have about 22 right now and might not even use all of them so I need to get my butt in gear. I have 2 other projects that are going to be due soon as well and I am just trying to put them out of my mind. I think I will stay up late tonight and work on homework. We'll see I guess. I long for the good ol days when I could just sit on this thing all day and chat with y'all but I can't do that now and it stinks. Oh well there's always Christmas break.

So I can't remember everything that everyone said last night but I will try to respond to todays and anything I can remember from last night.

Jeniqua sorry about the bad weather. Hopefully your dh can get something done on the house. It was beautiful here yesterday but not so much today.

Roxy that stinks that all your family is skinny and doesnt think you should lose weight. It's easy to be happy with how other people are when you are happy with yourself. They have never had to struggle with weight so how would they know what you are going through. Just do what's best for you, they'll see it's good for them too eventually.

Jaymi exercise every other day is good too!

Cindi congrats on the job! That is so exciting. I know you will do awesome. It will be crazy at first I bet but it will all even out.

Hi Kristin!! Ready to fly? How was dd's day at school?

Hey Crystal sorry about dh's mood yesterday. As far as your question about the humidifier I got the warm mist one. Was that right? My mom picked it up for me and called while she was at the store and asked me either cold or warm and the dr.s office didn't specify so I said warm. What's the difference?

Hey Chris good job on the exercise!!

Ricci 5 pounds to go!! That is so cool!! Good for you!!

Steph hope you had a good workout!!

Deana another 2 pounds!! YOu are on a roll! I think it's awesome! It's getting harder for me to lose. Partially because I have been kind of lax. I get depressed around TOM and I tend to throw my diets out the door. I don't really eat a lot it's just my choices that aren't so good. I will be back to normal in a couple days though so I should be back on track. Keep up the good work. Your awesome!!

Elisa YAY about dh coming home. Anything special planned?

Penny so glad you are back!! Sounds like you had a great trip!! Great pics too! Can't wait to chat with ya more.

Michelle thanks for doing the swap. I am excited to find a gift for Geri. Hope you are getting some sleep. How Teagan? Is she feeling better? Bayley is still sick so I can't take her to the gym till she is well. Kind of a bummer but I have things to do around here I guess.

Mel great pics!!!

Ok Sorry if I forget anyone. I need to do some flylady and take a shower. I'll chat with y'all later!! TTYL

mamawithdreams 11-02-2004 02:47 PM

Jill, happy to see you around. Hope school is going well. About the humidifier...it took me a bit to learn this too. If they are nasally congested or the congestion is in the head, you want warm. Think about it this way...if you are congested in the head and you take a hot shower and let the bathroom get real steamy, you can breathe alittle better, that's why the warm works. If the congestion is in the chest and they are more coughing than anything you want cold. I don't really know how to explain that one, that's just what I've learned. But like alot of babies, they can be congested all around with a cold and I prefer a warm. To me, I would rather own a warm mist humidifier than the other. Hope that helps.

Okay, dh came home to sit with the kids while I went to vote and I got right in and right out. So I'm home now and our temps are dropping so we're gonna have some hot cholcolate for snack shortly. I ordered several decorating catalogs online and just got them in, I'm gonna sit down with a cup of flavored coffee and my catalogs. Hope everyone's day is going well.

Where is Spryng, Mel, Michelle...come on ladies.
TTYL

mompen 11-02-2004 03:00 PM

Hi Ladies....

Flyby for me for now :(

I am gonna try to get a nap in :) We will see....... :)

TTYL! :) Just wanted to check in

Angel Marie 11-02-2004 03:02 PM

Hey Ladies,Sounds like everyone is doing good.Just a quick post to let ya'll know i'm still alive.Not doing good OP but not giving up either.TOM is here this week and it really drains me.I guess that's all for now.GOt to go lay down.ttyl
have a good day :)

Deana1113 11-02-2004 03:30 PM

I'm back for a bit!

Went to vote, in and out, checked on tires for dh's truck, and stopped by Curves. A girl I know who works part time at the convenience store also works there in the mornings...too cool! The coupon is equivalent to 50% off startup fees but I get the first week free...THANK YOU MELISSA!!! It's still going to be $111.50 to get started and the first month but dh said go for it. And the way it times out, I can use the free week and then pay everything when dh gets paid next, the day before my birthday. If I sign up for check draft and a one year contract it's $31.24 a month....month to month is $42.01. So I think I'll be signing a contract. I can go in 6 days a week if I want, the only bad thing is that they aren't open while dd is in preschool. They close from 12:30-3:00. So I am planning on getting into a routine of going at a set time each morning and dd will have to live with not going with me. I would like to be there, done and back home by no later than 10:30. They also have Curves Bucks you can earn...workout 3 days in a week earn $1, bring a friend, $2, etc. and you can use them to get Curves stuff like t-shirts and tote bags, etc. There are I think 10 machines, it's 30 seconds each machine, rotate, and go around the rotation 3 times in 30 minutes. I really think I'm going to like it. And it felt good for the girl I know to say she could tell I had lost :D

Cindi: WOOHOO on the discount at the gym! How far is it to school for ds? Is it close enough to bike? It won't hurt him....

Jill: Thank you! :) I feel great today! I am seeing more and more all the time that I can do this and I WILL reach goal! Absence makes the heart grow fonder......is dh working or playing while he's gone? Sorry Bayley is still not feeling well, hope she does soon.

Jeniqua: Hope dh can get things done to the house! It's been rainy here for 3 days and finally today it has stopped. We even saw sunshine for a few mintutes around noon :dizzy: WTG on the excercise and eating today. Keep it up, you can do it!

Roxy: :bravo: :cheer: on the pound down!!! I bet you have stories with all those kids....:rofl: No, you're not the only one who can't get things done with dh home...grrrr! My kids asked for the first few weeks why I want to get skinny and I just told them so I'll have more energy to keep up with them....it worked, they don't ask anymore.

Jaymi: Baby steps! You're getting there girl!

Kristin: Just think of all those calories you're burning up running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.....:rofl:

Chris: :thanks: to you too. Wtg on the excercise this morning. Hey, typing burns calories too ;) . The baby chicks are doing great! The people I was splitting them with came this morning to get theirs. I was kind of upset, they were expecting to get about 20 so I ended up giving them all 21 from the second hatching. That left me with 10 from the first one. I told dh that in the spring I may get more eggs from them but I will buy them so I cna keep all the chicks. I wasn't happy to give them that many because I did all the work associated with hatching and fed them for over a week at my expense, but I'm such a pushover and didn't want to argue about it.

Ricci: Only 5 more to go!!! :bravo: YOU GO GIRL!!!

Steph: :thanks: I am going to make the hours work for me at Curves. I was really hoping to be able to go while dd is in preschool but she'll just have to understand and stay home while I go. It's only about 3 miles from home so it will only take about 40 minutes with drive time. She'll be fine without going. She is so used to going everytime I go. She is soooo spoiled :dizzy: .

Well dh went to the junkyard in search of a pipe for the wood stove in the garage, the boys will be home from school in an hour then I'm going back to Curves to fill out paperwork and get started. I can't wait! Then back to fix supper. Tonight will be salmon cakes, baked beans and probably buttered broccoli and cauliflower.

TTYL

sherybaby 11-02-2004 03:52 PM

Hi Girls!
I have to tell you all I need to stop in here more often! I for the life of me cannot remember who wrote what in order to respond to everyone in 1 email like you all do! You must have good memories!

Well, it sure looks like everyone is having a good day! It's rainy and gloomy here. I've been busy all day! I went in to the kids school at 8:30 this mng to help the 2nd graders (my daughter Taylor is in 2nd grade) vote. It was so cute the teachers made 2 voting booths, they had to register to vote and hand it to me and the other mom before voting. Then they got an I voted sticker to color and pin on their shirts. Bush won...53-33! I hope you all avoted today. I did. Then I worked the lunch room and then went to my spinning class after work. That is such an awesome class! I'm loving it! I would recomend it to anyone!

I hope you all have a good evening!

mamawithdreams 11-02-2004 03:59 PM

Sherry, glad you are having a good day. I love what they did with the 2nd graders about voting. A great way for them to start learning. Glad that Bush won too, lol.
I've heard about the spinning stuff but I don't know how you ladies get to do this gym stuff and all that. Dh wouldn't let me first of all and second of all, I guess it's because you're kids are in school and ALL of mine stay home. Anyways, that's great.
Okay, looking through a pottery barn catalog, never have before. Gotta go.

Bayleysmom 11-02-2004 04:25 PM

Crystal why wouldn't dh "let you" go to the gym. Why would he have to let you, can't you just do things you want to do. Also most gyms have a daycare available for a small fee so that's how most of us go I think. It's nice cuz they are right there with windows so you can watch their every move but you still get to work out. I just love the lady that watches the kids, she is older and just so sweet.

Anyway I am supposed to be doing homework right now so I need to stop procrastinating and get with it!! TTYL

mamawithdreams 11-02-2004 05:07 PM

Jill, dh doesn't like the idea because we share my fil's shop which is right next door and there is alot of work out equipment in there. And because I don't work and bring home $, I feel dh does have more of a say as to where the $ goes. Also, dh doesn't even have a job right now and we couldn't afford it. Also, because I homeschool and have so many kids my days are full and I wouldn't even have time to go if I wanted to. I don't like the gym we've got although we do have a curves now. But I'm not one to say I'm going like it or not, if dh doesn't like the idea than I have to respect that since I don't work and bring home $. When we first got married and I did work and we didn't have kids, I did go to the gym for a bit. But now, I'm a sahm and that's my FULL time job along with home schooling, so any exercise I need to do has to come from here and on my own. I understand since we do have alot of equipment available next door and he will watch the kids in the evenings for me to exercise there if I want to, of course after the baby comes.
Anyways, I've got to start dinner. TTYL

spryng 11-02-2004 05:55 PM

Hello everyone!
Sorry I have been MIA all day today. Just been trying to get ds's fever to go away (it finally broke) and now I feel like crap, lol. Tanner took a 3 hour nap and so did I, boy did that feel good. I did a little bit in my house this morning, just dishes, picked up the living room and it wore me out. Hopfully I'll get some energy back and be able to deep clean tomorrow. This week is going to go by fast, I hope I can get everything I want done before I start work next week.
Dinner is meatloaf and mashed potatoes and gravy and a veggie. It smells really good in here right now.

I don't have time to get personal because dinner is about done, but I wanted to tell Roxy that I just love her posts! I saw a show on TLC last night about that family in arkansas that has 15 kids and I thought of her and then when she put that she takes what God gives her and doesn't use BC that was exactly what they do! It was amazing to see their family. They are great kids and everyone is so close. So anyway... I got a little envious, lol and wished we would have more kids too. Roxy I can't wait to hear some of your stories! LOL!

Ok, gotta scoot. TTYL!

mamawithdreams 11-02-2004 06:08 PM

Spryng, so sorry about bubba. Hope he gets better. Does he get better after giving him medicine and then it comes right back? Sorry it's wearing you down. Don't do too much, save your energy to take care of him.
Roxy, my sister that has 8 kids is the same. She says God will stop giving them when he's ready for her to stop. Or menopause will stop her one. She doesn't believe in BC either and I don't agree with the pill or patch or any of those techniques. I also wouldn't agree to have my tubes tied, that's why dh got fixed. I would rather keep having them even though I'm glad this is my last. I feel like God and I have an understanding but who knows. I think it's great too. I know and believe that God put some people on this earth to do just what you and my sister do.
I didn't mean to go on and on. I'm getting dinner almost done, smothered pork chops, mixed veggies and some kind of noodles that I won't eat. Anyways, gotta go for now.

chrily 11-02-2004 06:46 PM

I got 20 minutes to shoot the breeze and get a workout for my fingers. :lol: How's everyone's afternoons going? I didn't get a whole lot done today. I picked Kayla up from school and went to some thrift stores. I found a bunk bed for my sister's kids. It's going to be a surprise. Her and her DH are going to Denver for a concert and my mom and I are going to clean there house and set up the bunk beds for the kids so they'll have a nice clean place to come home too. It's kind of a payback for babysitting my kids while I work on Thursdays. I haven't been able to afford to pay her for awhile. Then I went to my other sister's house to get my baby time in. My little Conner is getting bigger and chunkier by the day. Such a doll....

Are we all still drinking our water? :yes: I have been. I feel better when I do. The exercise must be working too because the fronts of my thighs are aching. There is some muscle there that hasn't been used forever.

Okay, gotta buzz. I'm "required" to make dinner tonight. I am so not a cook. I hate prep work and cleaning up afterwards. The rest of the cooking process is fun. I know, I know...I sound like the anti-mom/anti-wife. I guess that's me... :D

~chris

MichelleRae 11-02-2004 07:00 PM

:wave: I've been busy working on something for all us desperate housewives hopefully it will be done soon!! sounds like everyone is having a good day!! I'm gonna go get some supper!

Love to all
Michelle

Chubba 11-02-2004 07:58 PM

Hi everyone,

No time to post again...fighting the boys hands trying to keep them off the keyboard...they missed me since I worked today!
Picking up the Expedition tomorrow night so have to clean ours out tonight then go to work for a few hours tomorrow.

I'll check back in when I get a chance.

Ricci...hope I find something good for you! Congrats on the 98. Sounds like school's going great for you.

Hi to all...congrats to you losers and hope those of you that don't feel well, feel better!

Hope you all voted today!

Later

1hot_tomato 11-02-2004 08:00 PM

Hi Everyone!

I came back earlier from picking up the children from school and voting. My oldest son isn't on the registry even though he did register! I am on the registry twice! They misspelled my name (one vowel) but it was the same address, right next to it! DUH! I hope we are not going to be the next Florida! They told me at the polling place that they had alot of mistakes like that and worse. Lovely! Our Amish neighbors, and there are quite a few, won't go and vote. GRRRRR! Don't get me started. But really, I'm so glad this day is almost over! I can't tell you how many automated telephone calls I get a day! Any way, I have a couple down with fever, sore throats, headaches.
I better not be too long.

Jill- Are you going for your degree? What is it you are majoring in? It's difficult to do all this with a family. Keep up the good work!

Ricci- 5# away from your goal, Awesome!

Deana- Isn't it great when other people notice, fantastic! WTG! You are obviously working hard on the bod. :D

Jeniqua- Sorry I haven't met you yet. I'm Roxy mom to 10. Are you doing the low-carb thing? What are you doing? I know what you mean about the bread :lol: , I'm so there! always looking for a fellow commiserater!

Sherry- I haven't met you either, that's so cool about the 2nd graders. I don't think I even knew who was president when I was that age. Spinning classes sound super. Do you crochet or knit too? I'm a crocheter. Good therapy! If you wind the string around your fingers real tight you can't put food in your mouth. Just an observation.

Spryng- AWWW! Thanks for the warm-fuzzy! That's sweet! Yeah, I'm a blessed woman. Hope Bubba, is feeling better soon. I'm there now! Fevers are so terrible! BTW 1# away from your personal goal. You are my hero!
SMOKIN' GIRL!!!

Crystal- Whoa I completely understand about the DH stuff. I know too, that he's not so bad a guy, right? When my DH was out of work he was depressed/ moody/ irritable... you name it. Let's face it, their work is who they are, not like us who have the children. You just sound like you are alot nicer than me. I have a big mouth and I'm not afraid to use it. But over time we worked alot of stuff out. I don't do alot of outside (the house) activites.
So if I want/gotta have something I show him how much I'm conserving and being responsible for "our" money and I usually get it. Being tight on money is a way of life for us. Yes, mine too has most of the say. I don't mind. I hope living by FIL's shop is working out, I had to live with my MIL for three months,
while I was preg., :eek: without DH. BTW, she's still alive. :lol: She actually is nicer to me now.

I better go, it's chicken breast and salad with dressing for me with decaf ice tea. I do drink alot of water, I'm nursing. Boy, I sure would like some croutons!

Sorry if I didn't get to talk personally with everyone :( , I hope I get better with time.

~Roxy
sw/265
cw/262
gw/140
pg/size 6 like Spryng!!! Wake up...Wake up... Sorry, I was dreaming :devil: