3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #284 Tuesday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/48745-desperate-housewives-sahms-284-tuesday.html)

mompen 11-02-2004 07:52 AM

Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #284 Tuesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .

mamawithdreams 11-02-2004 08:04 AM

Good Morning

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Hello everyone. I've been up since about 545, kind of by choice. Anyways, I slept okay I guess. It's getting colder or I'll say cooler around here. So we're staying indoors today and doing school and maybe some cleaning.

Well, dh never apologized which I knew he wouldn't, but he got over his fit and is fine now. He's still upset that it's too wet for us to do anything on the house today. We're hoping for a pour on Saturday now, it's suppose to be beautiful and being the weekend we may have extra help around here.

Geri, wtg on the expedition. I'm getting something soon. We won't all fit in my jeep when the baby comes and I've had it almost 3 years so it's time for us to upgrade. Not sure what we'll look for. Dh HATES, HATES, HATES mini vans and refuses to get one so either a full size van or an SUV with the third seat in it. Whatever we can afford.

Michelle, I'm not crafty at all so that's not an option, LOL!!! But I have some time so I think it'll be okay. I've been trying to get some of my Christmas shopping done early so I think I can swing something, now it's just finding the right thing. Anyways, thanks for your offer.

Hello Penny, Spryng, Mel, Jill, Jaymi, Jeniqua, Sherry, Amy, Angel, Chris, Deana, Steph and all you other sahm's out there.
I'm sure I'll be around later.

mompen 11-02-2004 08:04 AM

Morning Ladies....

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Crystal,
How close are you to the border of Louisiana? We are at 80% rain for today also :(

Cindi,
When do you start the new job? Today?

All of the SAHM's are going to work :cry:

Michelle,
I thought it was incredible for people to be so inspired by Allie's story all the way over here!

Jill,
Where are you at honey? How are you liking school?

Geri,
How is work going?

Spryng,
Hope you find some great pants for work! So glad you got my name :)

Melissa,
Gym today? I am bringing all the kiddos too!

Ricci,
How is school going?

Chris,
Is the pumpkin contest over?

Deana,
Can't wait for the weigh in again!

Kristen,
I told you I am getting you a sack of rocks right :lol: J/J!!!

Jaymi,
Hope you are on track!

Leigh,
Are you still with us girlie?

Well I know I am missed a whole bunch of people :(

So HI !!! :wave: to all you lovely ladies out there!!!!!!!!!!

We never did a weekly challenge this week :( But I am challenging myself for 4 weeks.... time until Disney World.....

OK MY CHALLENGE: To be out of the 160s...... =======> Current weight 163.50

ElisaB 11-02-2004 08:25 AM

Hello ladies!

I'm pretty happy today because dh is coming back from the UK tomorrow! I missed him so much! And I was bored out of my mind, so between the boredom and missing him, I haven't really been sticking to my plan of "use this time to focus on my fitness and nutrition regimen" while he was gone :rolleyes:

Anyway, today I was good (so far :devil: ): I have been eating properly, I did my pilates, cardio and upper body strength training and now I'll go downstairs and fix up the house so it's all nice when my sweetie comes :love:

Have a nice day everyone!

mamawithdreams 11-02-2004 08:57 AM

Elisa, so happy for you. How long has it been since you've seen dh? Have lots and lots of fun.

Penny, I'm about 2 hours from Shreveport. The rain they're calling for today is scattered and they called for scattered last night and we didn't get any so I'm hoping the rain stays away.

Gotta get breakfast done.

Deana1113 11-02-2004 09:24 AM

:coffee: [B]GOOD MORNING LADIES!!![/B] :coffee:

Crystal: Hope the rains stay away. I know what you mean about getting cooler. We'll be lucky to hit 50 today and it's cloudy and dreary. Andrew is on a field trip to the zoo so he'll be out in it all day....ugghh!!!

Penny: Are you prepared?!?.......another 2 pounds gone this week! Woohoo, I'm in the 220's now. I don't think I'll make my mini goal of 220 in the next 11 days, but I think I can get to 225 by then. I'm not going to update my mini goal though. I will set a new one for New Years. I have a question on the tickers, I think I'm doing something wrong. When you update it to show a change, do you simply type it in the line on the siggie or do you have to go and make it again each time it changes? If I just type it in it won't show up.

Elisa: Glad dh is coming home. Was he there on business? You can get back on plan! If you were so bored you should have been here with us, posting each day ;) . Haven't heard from you for a while. Enjoy time with dh! ;)

Chris: WTG on the excercise yesterday! :D Your friend's house sounds really cool. Do you work again today? Hope the kids are all feeling fine.

Steph: Have a good workout with the trainer today. Do you work again today? Have a great OP day!

Geri: Woohoo on the Expedition! ;) . :bravo: on pointing that scale in the right direction :cheer: I knew you could get back on track ;) I'm waiting for dh to wake up so we can go vote and check on tires for his truck then he can come home and I'm going to Curves to see about that coupon. I really, really hope it's a good discount and I can afford to join. The monthly fee is no problem, it's the startup. Regular is about $150, they have been running 1/2 off, so still $75 plus first month is like $112 to start. But one way or another I will get started for my birthday! :D

:wave: to everyone else. Hope everyone has a great OP day today! Alone we are plump.....together we are thinning!!! I know it sounds kinda dumb, but hey....I'm in a really good mood this morning! Or as Kristin would say....I'm such a dork! :rofl:

TTYL

bobsgal 11-02-2004 09:39 AM

Good morning ladies. It is beautiful here. The sun is out and it's supposed to be in the 60's. I meet with the trainer at noon so I am pumped for a really good workout. I have to go to work at 6 tonight so I hope I'm not too sore.
Crystal- hope the weather gets better for you and glad you slept okay.
Penny- have fun at the gym today. I know you can make your goal.
Elisa- hi!I don't think we've met yet. I'm Steph, married with 1 son, Brandon age 6 1/2, a daughter, Kayla age 4, and a stepdaughter, Ashley age 10. I just joined this group last week and I'm loving it. Hope to get to know you better.
Deana- Way to go on the 2 lbs. Hope Curves works out for you. I used to belong there, but the hours at the one near me just weren't convenient for me, but it is a great workout.
Well ladies, I need to get some stuff done around the house before I go to the gym, so I'll talk to you later.Bye!
Steph

need2losemore 11-02-2004 10:03 AM

hi, everyone. Welcome to all the newbies. I am Ricci, sahm to two boys,6 and 4, and am going to cosmotology school at night.
Sorry I have been MIA. Just been busy. It sounds like everyone is doing great.
Michelle, thanks for organizing the swap. Geri, way to go on the expedition. Spryng, I know its late, but congrats on the job. I know there's more to get personal with, but I have slept since the last few threads.
Well, I went and voted this moring when I took Eric to school. I had to wait in line for almost 30 min. Its never been like that before.
School is going good. I got a 98 on a test I had to take last night. The test was over germs and bacteria and all that stuff. Up next, the systems of the body. Luckily my teacher is giving us two weeks for that test.
I am only 5 lbs away from my goal weight. I am so excited. I haven't decided if I will set another goal or not.
Hi to crystal,ginny,kristen,jill,steph,chris, and everyone else. Have a great day.

chrily 11-02-2004 11:23 AM

Good morning,
Just checking in. I finished 30 of aerobis, so now I'm "resting" (yah, resting my hands on the keyboard in front of me). :lol:

Penny-How was your trip? I see you got to get your pic taken with Rita! Some day I will meet someone famous.

Deana-WTG :dancer: (I'm doing a happy dance for you)! You are doing awesome. How's those baby chicks btw?

Crystal-Good morning! Now why on earth would you want to get up that early in the morning. I'm like comatose until at least 7. I'm so not a morning person.

Elisa-Glad your dh is coming home. You must be too excited. Well have a great time!

Steph, Geri, Leigh, Ricci, Michelle, Melissa, Jill, Spryng, Jeniqua, Kathy, Cindi, and the rest of you....GOOD MORNING!!!

Hey did Spryng start her job this week?

~chris

mamawithdreams 11-02-2004 11:35 AM

Chris, I'm opposite of you. I'm a zombie if I sleep too late. I don't like when any of the kids get up early with me, but this time change has made them get up earlier. But I LOVE getting up early. I'm definitely a morning person. I hate when I sleep until the kids get up. It's automatic..."I'm hungry, I'm thirsty." Or fights or I want to watch this but the other doesn't. It's chaos. I have much better days and tend to be in much better moods if I get up early. I like to get up around 600 but I don't mind 530ish.
Anyways, we'll be starting school here shortly, gotta go.

sydsmom 11-02-2004 11:59 AM

Good Morning! :) I am doing yet another fly by post. I gotta get some errands ran before picking up dd at pre-school. I went to vote and waited about 30 minintes too! I think its awesome, love that people are exercising the right to do it! Anyway, lots of stuff to do arouind here today....odds and ends...get halloween put away, get out the thanksgiving crap, vacuum, dishes...get something out for supper! so I will be back down a little later....maybe a little fly lady work today!!!! anyone up for it, at about 12:30? LMK! :) TTYL!

BIGtimeLOSER 11-02-2004 12:09 PM

Afternoon Chicks!

I start my job Monday...I am excited, yet anxious. I am trying to get my duckies in a row this week, so it will be easier.

The only problem I have is getting ds18 to school, he takes just a couple of classes later in the day...my dh said he is 18 and responsible for himself now, but that is just so hard for me to accept. DH said he can't afford a car, but could afford a bike, LOL!! Is he mean, or am I just babying my baby???

I just found out that the owner of the school I will be working at also owns the GYM!!!!!! I get a nice discount now!! yipppppppeeeeeeee, now I really will join!!

I will keep up with you all, but not sure how often I can get personal with you all after next week, so don't take it personal...Okay??? :lol: :lol:

I will be back to do that, I have a fight to break up here between my ds17 and dd4, do you believe it???

Jaymi_Dol_78 11-02-2004 12:15 PM

Hello Everyone! Just checkin in! Well so far I've been averaging exercising every other day. NOT on purpose though. So today I haven't done any yet. But I have to since I didn't yesterday. My priorities are all screwed up! LOL I don't know what's going on. Well anyways I wish I could get personal.. but no time. I need to do something! So talk with you all later~

1hot_tomato 11-02-2004 12:31 PM

Hi all of you Mommies!

Penny thanks for the welcome, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Spryng- I suppose I have a full life, maybe not so interesting. :lol: We are open to all the children that God wants to give us. No, we don't use B.C. :eek:!! Maybe we'll have more, but I'm gettin' up there. It certainly isn't up to me, God doesn't give us more than we can handle. Even if we don't think so at the time. Wait till you get to know me better...I have stories!
No, we don't have alot of money, but I've become a great "passive income" manager! Truthfully, 20 years ago, if someone would have told me I'd be mommy to 10, I would have said they're crazy...now I am. :dizzy:

Crystal- I'm with you! I love getting up early, it's gret "me" time. Hope you have a wonderfully day homeschooling!

Dh changed shifts over the weekend, 4 weeks days, and 4 weeks afternoons.
So I have to keep everyone quiet till 8:30-9:00. Yeah right! Plus I have to cook two big meals instead the usual one. Plus, I'm sure I'm not the only one, I can't get any of my work done when he's here. ARRRGH!

But Hey! Down one more pound. Not Big, but I'm going one pound at a time.
If I look at the wieght that I have to lose, I'll cry.
#3ds said over the weekend, "What's this obsession with wanting to be skinny? I don't want you to be, I like you the way you are!"

Obsession? Hey my name ain't Mary-Kate! If I were obsessed with being skinny, I certainly wouldn't be my weight. Grrrr to #ds!
See! They don't get it! I want to go to their weddings, hold my grandkids, and do things with them! Selfish brats! They just want me to keep cooking
for them! BTW they are all skinny! Even DH, woe is me.

Well hi to every one of you! I hope you all have a great day ahead, I'll check in in a little while.

~Roxy
sw/265
cw/263
gw/140

sharqueen76 11-02-2004 01:01 PM

Good afrenoon ladies!!
Today is off to a good start. I exercised this morning and ate sausage and eggs for breakfast. It's really killing me not being able to eat bread..lol! I'm really enjoying having my husband home for the week.

Crystal~ It's really cold here too! Hubby took the week off so he could work on the house and get it ready for closing but it's raining here too..uugghh!! It's suppose to rain all week. I don't know when he'll be able to have time again except the weekends and there's alot that needs to be done. BTW I'm glad our hubby's got over their hissy fits..*YAY*

Elisa~ Hello I am Jeniqua and I am 27 SAHM to 3 children Jasmine 5, Juliesa 3(be 4 Dec. 27th) and JT 2 1/2. I am so glad your husband's coming home tomorrow! I know what it's like, my husbands works on the road all week and we only see each other on the weekends. How long was your husband gone for?? You're doing great today!! You can stay on track. Way to go!!

Deana~ Wow girl!! You're doing great!! WOO HOO! I really hope you can join curves, that would be a wonderful birthday present! You should be really proud of yourself. You've really got me excited, looking towards reaching my goal.

Kristin~ You're a real busy lady. I can't wait to vote! I have to wait til the kids go home at 5(daycare kids). My husband already voted and said it was very busy. I don't normally vote but this year I feel compelled to vote.

Chris~ Good Afternoon!! Way to go on your workout this morning!! You know, even your hands need exercise too:)!

Penny~ Good afternoon!! I'm a SAHM for at least another 2 years. You're going to Disney World?? When are you planning on going?? We're planning on goin during Spring Break week,the kids are really excited.

Ricci~ Hello!! I don't believe I've met you yet. You're doing great!! Only 5 pounds from your goal weight..YAY!! How exciting! I can't wait til I'm there too. Have a lovely day.

Steph~ How's your day going?? How was your workout at the gym??

Geri~ Way to go!! Keep up the great job..:)

Well I better get off and get some house work done while the kids are sleeping..Talk to you ladies soon.TTYL