Old 11-08-2004, 10:48 AM   #46  

Hey guys, I am still here. I had a very busy weekend and I am still not able to sit down for long. I am making a run to the salon to drop off my stuff and I will be back later today to catch up on all of the posts.

Just didn't want you to forget about me.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:15 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Monday Morning. :-) I am here.... I've just been busy trying to figure out how to change the benefits in our payroll system. We just went through open enrollment, and now all the premimum prices have changed, and I've had to add new plans, so I am in the process of figuring out how to get everyone up to date. :-) I run payroll on Wednesday, so I don't have much time. I was going to try to work on it this past weekend, and I finally got my new laptop to take home to work, but I could never get connected to the server, so I didn't get anything done, other than just to play around with the new computer.

Well, I my weight still isn't budging. I am going to try an different diet this week and see if it will make a difference. I guess it's all about experimenting. I took Friday off from exercising, but did 4.25 miles on Saturday and 4.0 miles yesterday. I am going to try to up it again this week.

Kempy.. congrats on your first official day at the Salon! Woo Hoo!

Angie.. The Big Brown Moose.. YUM.. That just sounds so good.

Noelle.. awww those kitties.... Hannah wants a cat so bad.. but I am just not up to getting an animal right now.

OK.. I need to get back to work.... I hope you guys have a great day... Hi Julie, and Cal, and Holly and Summer...

:-)
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:49 PM   #48  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Here's a pic of those cute kittens. (See Rick's hairy arms? ) I was so sad to have to give them up, but I did not look forward to cleaning yet even more litter boxes!

Kempy, congrats on your first day at the Salon! Have fun!

Angie, you've put evil thoughts of Kahlua and Irish Cream in my head . That sounds wonderful.

Julie, how are you doing today?

Cherie, I hate bringing work home. Sometimes it's inevitable though huh?

Well, I actually have to run out for a bit, but I'll try and be back later. Have a good day.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:21 PM   #49  

Hi Girls

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. My was sad of course, but I know she is in heaven. My eating was terrible. I made tons of comfort foods this weekend. Homemade muffins, brownies, and last night homemade chicken and dumplings. It seems like I had a taste of sugar and can not give it up now.

Cherie what new diet are you going to try this week? I was thinking about trying a new one too. I guess I get burnt out on the low carb thing.

Noelle I love the blue eyes, they are beautiful.

Kempy, how did it go at the salon? Is everyone friendly and do you like your room?

Angie that drink sounds yummy, I am glad you finally got your family night out!

check in later girls, hi to everyone I did not mention .. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:33 PM   #50  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

AAAWWWWW HOW CUTE!!!!!

Oh my god, they are so cute. Rick is such a sweetheart for bringing them home so they can get nice homes. What a nice guy!!!! I had a litter of kittens once and I kept them all. That was my first time with 6 cats. We had Meanie(the old Himilayan) and the Mommy and 4 kittens. Christmas was so fun that year. I have them on tape all in the Christmas tree. They loved it. They ruined it every day but it was funny to watch. If you walked by you would end up getting scratched by a kitty. Christmas morning was a riot too. Kittens and wrapping paper everywhere.

Julie, How are you feeling now? It is so hard to lose a pet. Did you have her buried at home? My kids get big rocks and I let them paint them for headstones for ours. They feel good because they are decorating the resting place of the pet they loved so much.

I got to load a bunch of stuff into the RV today. It makes it feel like it is getting closer when I can do that.

Okay, I think I have your Christmas gifts all figured out for this year. It will be a totally Maine thing. The problem is that I dont have everyones address to mail it out so if I dont have your address and you want your present than you better PM me it.

I gotta get back to work before Jay beats me. Just kidding. He knows better than to ever try to hit me. haha I will kick his ***!!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:35 PM   #51  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

oh yeah, I ordered these jjingle bell collars for the dogs to wear in Florida for Christmas. haha. I made them walk around with Santa hats last year. Alicia says "Mom are you getting them collars this year so they dont have to walk around all humiliated looking this year? "

Here is the link to them. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...ubref=AP&N=200
Old 11-08-2004, 02:41 PM   #52  

Angie we are having her creamated (sp?) and we are going to spread her ashes on her favorite hunting spot.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:44 PM   #53  

Angie I can just imagine Jay dragging you back with hugs and kisses to the bakery. He seems like a gentle loving husband from all you have said about him .
Old 11-08-2004, 02:45 PM   #54  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Oh Julie, That is so sweet. I want to cremate the dogs when they die so I can keep them with me always. I will get a pretty urn. How are the kids handling it?
Old 11-08-2004, 03:23 PM   #55  

Angie my ds is more quiet and I asked him how he feels and he said sad, but does not really want to talk about it. My dd keeps saying she is going to tell her not to run into the road anymore and give her a doggie treat when she gets back . She is only three so she does not understand that she is not coming back from hunting with Grandpa. I tried explaining the best I could about heaven and dying. But its hard because they are so young. I just said she is our angel now and always be with us in spirit but now she is playing with God in Heaven.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:47 PM   #56  

Julie I am so sorry. I just read your post. I know it is hard when you lose a pet. They are like family. I know when I lost one of my cats I was off for at least a week. I couldn't sleep and all I did was cry. I know he is ok though and that makes me feel better.

Noelle I read in a book that when there is a litter of kittens and they are all different it is b/c they all have a different dad. I could be wrong but I remember reading that. Isn't that crazy?

Angie I am doing commission at the salon right now but only until I get my clientel up. Once I get enough people I am going to do room rental. I got everything over there except my machine. I didn't want to bring it until I knew that I would be there with it. That sucker cost me way too much money to just leave there with out me.

I had my house cleaned today. I am trading out with my friends aunt and she started today. I liked it but I felt guilty the whole time she was here. I did get alot of stuff done in the office though. I had lots of forms to print and I got my brochures finished. It did help me and I need to just let it go and enjoy the fact that it is done now. She doens't so clothes though which is fine with me. If that is all I have to worry about then that is ok.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:22 AM   #57  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!!! Where is everyone today? We were on page 2 when I found us.

Well, I went and bought your gifts today. It is totally local and I had to buy one for myself too.. Noone has to worry about buying for me. I just wanted to get you something from Maine so dont feel obligated. I had never been in the shop and it was so hard to choose which ones to get because there were so many. I may just get the same things for my family this year too.

I thought we had lost Tigger this morning. He went out last night and never came back and he didnt show up when Jay left to deliver or when he got home. Jay went looking on the roads to see if he got hit by a car and luckily he came home while he was gone. I was getting paranoid about the cats all dying this year. For crying out loud we live in the boonies.

It is 31 degrees out right now. I think winter is coming quick.

Whats everyone up to?
Old 11-09-2004, 12:02 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Brrrrrrrrrrrr Ang!!!!!! That is cold! However, tomorrow, we are getting a Northern Artic Blast and our lows will be in the 20's... highs maybe in the 40's. I hope it doesn't last long, cause I HATE cold weather... (The cold is OK, it's just the wind that comes with it.. OKC is so flat, that the wind just tears you apart.) Awwwww a gift from Maine???? AWWWWW When I think of Maine, I think of Stephen King, Snow, Lobster and Crab and Maple Syrup. Does Maple Syrup come from maine? One day I really want to see the coast of Maine, I think it would be beautiful!

Kempy.... Since I have never had electoywhatever done.. What exactly is it? I think it has something to do with hair removal, but since I've really never had a problem with being hairy, I have never paid much attention to it. I do have ONE chin hair (ewwwwww) that I have to pluck about once a month that drives me crazy. I didn't get that til I got pregnant with my oldest daughter.

Julie, I am so sorry about your loss. That is so sad. And how do you explain it to your kids? I know it's hard. Because of what is going on with their dad, I had converstations with my girls about death and dying, so I know it's not fun. How do you answer questions that they ask when you don't even want to know the answers yourself? (((((HUGS))))) How are other things going in your life? Any better? Have you decided to plan a trip for you and your hubby yet?

Noelle, those kittens were just the sweetest thing. I WANT ONE!!!! so does my daughter... too bad they have claws, and shred furniture, and shed all their hair, and hack up hair balls, and jump off high places and scare the crap out of you etc. Maybe one day after I can move out of this apartment I will think about getting a pet for the girls.

I walked/jogged 5 miles last night on the treadmill. I was doing 10 miles a day, but wasn't getting results, so I've dropped the mileage and I will see what happens. I am just restricting my calories this week to see if I can jump start my body to lose some weight... I am impatient... 3 weeks and I have lost 4.5 pounds. :-( I still haven't broken through the plateau lowest weight that I was at last Monday. I was 155.50. As of this morning, I am 156.00. I will keep plugging away. Sooner or later, I will win... and my body will LOSE! Tonight, I plan on 5 to 6 miles... I am trying to jog more, and walk less.... I see to feel better when I do that.. the walking is getting to the point that I don't feel like I am working much... but it's better than sitting on my butt watching TV huh?

OK.. I have payroll to run tomorrow, I just wanted to check in with everyone! Talk to you guys later!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 02:42 PM   #59  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Cherie, Stephen King donates a ton of money to the community of Bangor. He just put in a public swimming pool for his part of the city that looks like an amusement park. It is really nice and he donated everything for the kids to get it. He is really big on community service.

If you would like a "Maine" gift I will need your mailing address. I will be sending everything out early this year since we are leaving on December 19 for Florida.Julie, let me know if you want one too, okay?

I admire your dedication to losing your weight. I REALLY have to get moving more.

I am going to Walmart this weekend because I saw these things that will be perfect for the kids to relax with on the way to Florida while watching movies. They are those little back pillows to make it comfy to sit up in bed with little blankets that come with them. They only had a few this weekend but the kids were with us so I should get them before they are gone. Other than that I have no idea what to buy them for Christmas.

I gotta get back to work.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:54 PM   #60  

I am back after being at the shop today. I think I picked the wrong say to be there. They told me that Thursday and Friday will be busy so I a hoping that I can at least schedule some appts. I am just going to start to sit up there and wait for people. That is really that only way to do it.

Cherie it is permant hair removal. Some poeple are lucky like you and then you have the people like me that really need it. I started having it done when I was 18. The reason you got that hair was b/c your hormans changed. That is very common.

Angie I get a lot of our gifts from ABC Distributing. (not trying to plug them). I usually need about 5 couples gifts so everyone gets the same thing. Some of their stuff isn't very nice but sometimes you can get a real deal. I am making sure that Joe doesn't buy me anything this year. I never realized how much we used the money from when I was working to play with. I just hope that I get some clients soon. I need to start paying off all of this equipment that I had to buy.