Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2001, 10:49 PM   #16  
MK

HI everyone Have been busy at work. Haven't been exercising much. By the time i get done with work I don't have the energy. I have mowed the back yard. I like mowing grass. I use the push mower. My son does the front with the riding mower. I have been on it a coulpe of times, but am not to sure of it. My son and husband think it was funny because I wanted to know where the power stirring was. How was I supposed to know they don't have it? This day and age, I just thought they would. Of course you would think they could come up with a way to keep periods from coming every month and still get the benifits from them.

I have taken the Memorial day challenge. I am going to go to my parents house the first week in JULY. I would like to be at least 10 lbs lighter.

Congrats to all of you who are winning the losing race
The rest of us will catch up soon!

Well, I have to be at work at 7:30am. I worked 9hrs today with no breaks and walking back and forth. Tomarrow I will work 9 and a half doing the same. Oh well, have to pay the bills.

TAke care everyone. Mary Kay
Old 05-06-2001, 08:16 AM   #17  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default thanks everyone!!!

Hi Ladies, thanks very much for all the well-wishes for my son to get better. I finally went back to work on Friday but regretted it when I learned the Evan didn't eat a darn thing all day while at daycare. He tried to eat a cracker at snack time but I think was a little scared he would throw up again because he started to gag on it...boy did I feel guilty!! Yesterday, (Sat) we went around our neighbourhood for a May-day cleanup and afterwards headed to a neighbours for coffee/treats...well you wouldn't think this was the same boy!!! He ate cookies, chips, donuts,drank juice, koolaid....and you know what? I didn't stop him, except I did limit somewhat but it got him over the fear of being sick again and watched him run and play with the other kids!!! Sometimes if you just turn a blind eye....anyway he's diffinitely much better and thanks for all the kind thoughts. He lost almost 3 lbs from the 4 days of not eating, and for his age/ht...he can't afford to....he's the skinny minny of our family. Must take after my husbands side...LOL.!! I'm still plugging away and stuck (again) at the same wt..I've lost a bit of the wt gain from going away for work...but still working at the rest. Today I hope to go to the gym, I just got a new wt program from a trainer at the gym.

Sherry-I'm on a similar plan to ww, but doing my own thing. I mostly eat anything I want but limit fat,snacks and the most important aspect...smaller portions!! I realized this one day as I made up two supper plates and I couldn't tell which one was mine or my husbands!! I'm so glad that your feeling better, should you be taking iron supplements daily? It sounds like you might be anemic to me....(sp?) and need some iron on a daily basis. Not a good feeling if you almost needed to be admitted....do take care of yourself.bye
Old 05-06-2001, 12:26 PM   #18  

Hello & Happy Sunday!!

Has everyone had a great weekend? Mine has been wonderful! Last night was my son Chris' Senior Prom.I have to brag....He looked so handsome!! And also Ashley (his steady for 2 years now) looked like an Angel! What a beautiful couple! After the prom, they went to dinner at the Melting Pot.It costed him $88.00 for dinner for them two.I got tickled because Ashley is so tiny & hardly eats.It's hard for her to finish a happy meal!! But it's once in a life time...so glad they had fun!!After dinner, they went downtown and rode the "carriage ride".(Horse & buggy) Sounds like fun huh???

Chris graduates on May 22nd.I have been handling everything just fine until he put on his cap & gown the other night.That's when I broke down and cried!! He's gown up too fast! Where does all the precious time go?? As much as we have had to pay out his Senior year....hubby & I have decided to get a 2nd job when Drew (13 yrs. old) becomes a Senior!! LOL

Angel-Eyes....
I'm so glad to hear that your son is feeling better!! Yes...I take iron pills daily now! I never want to feel that bad again! I had 3 rounds of shots so with my daily pill, I should be fine now.Thanks for asking! I'm doing about what you are in the weight dept.Not really following a plan.Just walking....watching my fat-intake...and small portions.It's really helping!! Good luck to you!!!

Ok...gotta go & start cleaning & washing! Talk to ya'll soon!!
Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Last edited by Sherry; 05-06-2001 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-06-2001, 09:58 PM   #19  

Default Hi to Everyone!

I am so sorry guys, to have been MIA. There has been so much going on with us. I did a big long post to you and copied it, but when I went to paste it, it was gone. Go figure.

We have been going through a lot these past few weeks, trying to figure out a way for Ken to retire next year and us still to remain in our home. We considered the pros and cons of us moving further inland from the coast, but the fact that our children are all here, made us realize that even with a higher standard of living if we were to move, we would not be happy if we were far away from our family.

It has been a very stressful time and I have eaten my way through it like I have always done. Believe me, I am trying not to, but it has been difficult. I have gained some weight, but am trying to get it back down again - not very successfully though.

I have missed you all. I would love to address all of you, but have to go right now. Will post again soon. I try to keep up with what is going on with everyone. Hopefully will be back to my good old self soon. Love to all. G
Old 05-07-2001, 06:14 AM   #20  

I am having a hard time keeping up with you. (LOL)
Every time I post I seem to come in just as you are ready to start a new thread and someone has to move me over. I wonder if it will happen again this time. >BG<

Are you ready for the new week? Do you set small goals for yourself so that you can feel satisfaction when you achieve them? I am really trying to find that 'click' you sometimes hear people refer to when they finally start 'getting their act together'. I do fine the first part of the day but about mid-afternoon I start looking for something and it isn't usually low-cal.

Good luck with YOUR goals.

Jetall Judy
220/220/175

(wondering if someone will have to 'move' me again but really trying to catch on.)
Old 05-07-2001, 07:57 AM   #21  
soon to be goddess

Default Good Morning....

Ladies...What a gorgeous day!! Yesterday I went to the gym and tried my new workout program....boy can I feel it today!! ouch...going to have to pace myself. I also did the elip. for 45 min...another personal best for 625 cal. Last night was feeling a little edgey so I went for a walk/run...almost made it completely around the block too!! I can hear my neighbours now..."Ohh,my...Angel-eyes going for the running now " It felt really good and today I am down another .5 lbs!! I'm really really going to be careful this week as now friends have started to notice just how nice(?) I am starting to look. I say this with a question mark as it doens't register sometimes in the mind..as it does knowing I know fit 2 sizes smaller. My neighbour is on the 10 wk plan for herbal-life and is paying a small fortune....hehe...I want to beat her for the wt loss!!Whats a friendly competition , RIGHT??

Sherry...I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better! I can't imagine attending my sons graduation!! Thank god its not for a number of years yet..(he is only 7) but I would DEFINITELY BE A BASKET CASE!!!

Gail...Just get back on track. You can do this!! Stress and boredom are my two greatest downfalls...so I know what you mean! I started back on plan 2 wks ago, starting with 1 meal at a time....I even found 1 day at a time to overwhelming at first!! Come on Gail, dig deep!!!

Jetall....For everyone the "click" is different. You WILL find yours. Mine came when I was serving dinner and I couldn't tell which dinner plate was mine or my husbands. It was then and there that I decided that I didn't want to weigh more than him and start to eat smaller portions and watch what I eat!!! Your time will come. For me since last fall, I have now lost 32 lbs, and 16"....if I can do it so can you. Try to visit this website, I find it very helpful.....www.theweighwewere.com
Lots of success stories...and we could be there too!!!
Old 05-07-2001, 09:45 AM   #22  

Default Happy Monday

Hi everyone,
We were to get storms all weekend and they haven't showed up yet. It did put a damper on what I wanted to do this weekend as I was afraid the storms would come. So while hubby and son in law went up to Wisconsin to open up the cottage I just stayed here and cleaned out the basement and got thngs ready for the garage sale in 2 weeks. It amazes me what stuff one can collect. Now all I have to do is not buy anything else others are selling at the sale. LOL

Gail...So happy to see you post. Missed you around here. I now just what you are going through in a similar way with the retirement thing. Spence said if they offer him the right package he will go. Well, it seems they are ready to do that, but now he doesn't dfeel like he wants to retire at the age of 58. Also we are thinking of moving to the Vegas area which would be away from our daughter that I see everyday and my grandkids. Can I adjust to that? So many thoughts on it. But I will put it in the Lords handa and what will be will be.

MK...It sounds like you are busy again at work. I pretend I have no idea how to even start the riding mower. That way I never have to use it. LOL

Jo...Have a fun time at the Trade Show. I went to one for the gift shop at my work a few weeks ago. Had a great time and saw so many nice things. I would need to work 3 jobs to buy them all.

Trish...How was yur weekend with your family? Were you able to saty on track? You are doing so well. Another 3 gone in a week for a total of 9. Keeep it up.

Sherry....Oh how I remember the days when both our kids went to prom. They seemed so grown up. I know w hat you mean about the tears when you see them in a cap and gown. Then it really hits you that they ARE grown up. I like that little hippo you have at the bottom of your post with the hula hoop. I just got one as I read where it is very good exercise. I can't do it as long as I used to when i was younger, but can still get that thing going around.

Angel eyes.....Thanks for posting that site. Lots of good and inspiring things on it. You are doing fantastic too. Keep up the good job. It amazes ne how little ones can bounce back so dast after being ill. I guess when we were younger we were the same way.

jetall....Don't think your post will have to be moved this time. LOl Did you go to the site Angel Eyes posted? Lots of inspiration and motivation there.

C.J....enjoy your time at the cabin.

Chrissy......Bet you are just too excited about your trip coming up. Say hi to Mickey for me.And remember to relax and kick back!!!!!!!!

Offf I go to the gym and then to the nail place to get these nails done. I am a week overdo and they look it.
Love to all.....Sandi
Old 05-07-2001, 11:09 AM   #23  

Thank you so much, Sandi and Angel, for your encouragement. Don't know how I let myself get so low.

You are right Angel - I have to dig deep this time. I'm glad I checked in here early today - it is just 8am here. I will bear that thought in mind all day and really try to do it.

Sandi, Ken is just 60, but working is getting so hard on him because of his heart condition. I know it will all be worth it to give him some quality time to do some of the other things he would like to do besides work. Wish the company would package him out - that would be great, but they have stopped doing that, so we are planning for the end of March next year. Can't wait, even though it does mean a bit of lifestyle change. I always get myself worked up over things and then they work themselves out and I end up gaining another 10 lbs.

Jetall, welcome to our group. Just keep posting and we will all get to know you and vice versa.

On the upside, our son is getting married on Mother's Day, in Jamaica. It is a wonderful time for them and we are gaining another daughter.

Also, we are going to be Grandparents for the second time. Cambree is expecting a baby sister or brother for Christmas. The new little one is due on Christmas Day, but hopefully will wait an extra day or so. Really happy about that - we're all very excited.

I'd better get moving here - laundry awaits. I will try so hard to do a post every day again. It is difficult when you get out of the habit and then it seems everything else slides too. Have a great day. Love, G
Old 05-07-2001, 03:36 PM   #24  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello and goodbye! Have just enough time to check in before I get out of here for the day. Leaving for Baltimore at 8 tomorrow morning. Another guy from work and I are meeting at the train station and heading down to Philadelphia and then getting on Amtrak and going on to Baltimore. He's coming back on Wednesday but a couple other folks are coming down just for the day on Thursday so I'm coming back home via car with them. Hope no one forgets me!

I'm going to try to be good (wasn't so good at the block party yesterday ) so I'm going to make an effort to eat light wherever I end up eating. And no room service!! This I vow. Getting in all the water's going to be a problem though. Doesn't look like I'll be getting away from our booth at the show too much. We'll just see what happens.

Gail, I'm so glad to see you back again. Hang in there, girlfriend! We've all been where you are. {{{GAIL}}}

Sandi, I'm hoping to get a chance to see some of the Baltimore Inner Harbor while I'm down there but I'm afraid I'll be stuck inside the convention center all day. Hope to get out in the evenings a bit.

This is a big show though and some folks that used to work for our company will probably be there representing their companies. It would be nice to see some of them again. Hm, wonder if they'll recognize skinny little me!?!? ...OK, they probably will.

Jetall, glad you've caught up with the threads! It gets tough sometimes to keep up with this great crowd. I do make small goals for myself. Like I said, I'm going to be good this week even though I'm away from home and eating in restaurants, etc.

Having said that, I've got to get to the Memorial Day challenge thread and get my goals posted. One of these days, I'll get over there....probably around Labor Day!

Have to go now. I haven't even started packing yet. Panic!! Hope to get a chance to post on Friday when I'm back here again.

Until then, have a great week!
Much love, Jo.
Old 05-08-2001, 07:44 AM   #25  
soon to be goddess

Default Congratulations..GAIL

Gail...How lovely...another baby in the family! When I hear of that I think how big my two are getting....*sigh* And I remember the soft baby scent and most of all the little drop of milk left in the corner of his mouth when my two drifted off to sleep....{{{nice memories}}}
Also Congratulations on the marriage of your son, Jamaica...I was there several years ago...You must try the cliff diving..(yes, I did it!!) and para-sailing..(yes, I did it!) A thrill of a life time. Enjoy each and every minute and have a great time!!

lost the extra wt (4.5lbs) I gained while away for work...and oh SO CLOSE TO THE 100'S!!! I now weigh 202, but expect TOM within a few days...stocking up on my evening primrose supplements. I find when I take 500mg a day, I don't feel so bloated and there is hardly a wt gain. Oh, well I can only try my best. Oh, news flash...remember I said I went for a waldk/run around my block? Well, someone forgot to tell me about that little tiny muscle on the inner thigh that HURTS LIKE THE DICKENS!!! I cannot believe how tender it is....can't blame it all on the running though, as I started that new wt training program. It will get better and so will I at the running...THERE'S NO STOPPING ME NOW!!! LOOKOUT, 100'S HERE I COME!! Everyone enjoy the day, bye
Old 05-08-2001, 08:28 AM   #26  

Angel, I am excited for you. You are so close to getting below 200. You must be doing something right. Keep it up. Thank you for sending that link yesterday. Reading success stories is very motivating (when you are in the right frame of mind). Yesterday was a good day for me. I did not overeat or eat between meals. Now to try to repeat it again today.

This afternoon I have to go into the city to take my grandson (Noah, 3 1/2) for his speech therapy. He has only been going for a couple of weeks. Neither of his parents could get the time off to take him. Wish me luck. I get nervous driving in areas of the city where I am not familiar with the streets and I always wonder how the parking will be.

Everyone, make it a good day.

Jetall Judy
Old 05-08-2001, 11:56 AM   #27  

Good Morning to you all!

It's very nice to be back among you once again.

Thank you for the big hug, Jo. I really needed that. (Big cliche there) Hope you are having fun on your business/holiday and that they do give you a little time off to enjoy it.

Angel, I wish we were going to our son's wedding, but they are eloping and we would hate to crash it. LOL It is their time and that is how they want it. Besides, we really can't afford a trip to Jamaica right now. We would rather give them a larger wedding present. He is my baby though and I guess I am in a bit of a downer because I won't see them get married. There will be a video, though, so we will all have to settle for that. We are happy for them that they are so happy. I had visions of me cliff diving and para-sailing. Thank you for your good wishes.

Jetall, aren't grandchildren the best? We only have the one, but another on the way as I said. Can't wait for that. Sounds like you are really motivated and doing well with your program. I am giving it a good try today too. I will have my grandaughter with me this afternoon while her mom sees the doctor. We will be making her mom a Mother's Day card. Fun Fun!

Sandi, thank you again for the nice card. It was great to hear from you.

Sharon, how are things going with you? I'm not sure, but I think I owe you an email. I'm sorry, I'm not being a very good buddy these days. I'll try to do better. Knowing you though, I'm sure you are doing great.

CJ, it's good to hear that you are really sticking with it. Congratulations on a great weight loss.

Chrissy, how is everything going? When is your trip to Disneyworld? Bet you are really looking forward to that.

Sherri, I did so miss reading your posts. As a matter of fact, I was reading the thread you post on, just to read your cheery posts. Hope all is well with you and you post with us again soon. I'm sorry, I feel like I let everyone down when I dropped out for a bit. It was just one of those times when things get a little overwhelming and being the compulsive eater that I am, it got the best of me for awhile.

MaryK, great to hear from you as always.

Dreamer, how is the little one doing? I sent you a card, but never got notice that you received it. Sorry about that New Mommy. Is your email address still the same as it was? Bet you are in heaven these days. You lucky girl you - and what a pretty name you have chosen. Give Charlotte a big hug from Nana Gail.

Regency - what has become of you? Did you take off in your new SUV and forget to come back? LOL Hope all is going well for you.

Joanna, you too. Let's hear how everything is going with you. Last I read you were going on a vacation with your sweetie.

Carolyn, are you back home yet? How was your vacation? How are you doing on your WW plan?

Judy, hope that you and Cal are doing well. Thanks for all the cute emails you send. How about a post to let us know that all is okay? Miss reading your posts too.

Trish, Kerri, KimV, Sylvia, all of you - I do get in trouble when I try to address everyone. I know I have left some of you out - let's blame it on my memory, or what is left of it. I am becoming a listmaker because I can't remember things these days. LOL Anyways, my very best to you all. Take care and have a good day. Love, G
Old 05-08-2001, 06:35 PM   #28  

Hello Ya'll.....

Hope everyone had a great day!! I have a few minutes before I leave for my bowling league so thought I would post.

I weigh EVERY OTHER Monday and yesterday when I weighed,I GAINED 3 lbs!!! But I'm really not that upset because it's either me being off track when I was sick with the low iron OR I'm building muscles from walking.I hope to do better at next weigh-in!

Gail,
Thank you for missing me! You're such an Angel I hope that your Son will have a very happy marriage! My grandmother told me before I married that it will work if we always stayed friends and don't ever sweat the unimportant things.Good advice huh? I'm sure he wants you there as much as you want to be there but I'm sure he understands.You'll be in his heart when he says "I do". I know you can't wait to see the video!! Take Care hon!! {{{{{ GAIL }}}}}}

Hubby is ready to leave so better go get my bowling bowl!!! LOL

Love to all.....
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
190/168/150

Oh and by the way......If you are walking OR exercising....please join CJ & I on the exercise thread!! We need ya'll.
Old 05-08-2001, 10:46 PM   #29  
CH

Good evening ladies, I too, have been away for awhile but those of you who know me, aren't surprised. I could spend a lot of time telling you how busy I've been but that's old news.

Can't begin to reply to everyone but have spent some time reading the posts. Everyone sounds like they are doing okay. When the weather gets this good it's hard to come in to the computer. When you work on one at work all day it's sometimes hard to get on at home.

Gail -- Glad you are back also. I am still on WW. It seems so easy this time. I did not go to my meeting tonight because...............................well I don't really have a good reason. Lazy is a possibility. Congrat on all the new happenings in your family. A new daughter and a new baby. Sounds great!

CJ, Sharon, Sandi and everyone else, I hope to post more by the week-end. See you then.
Carolyn
Old 05-09-2001, 04:13 PM   #30  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Hey folks!
This has been a long week so far. It still feels like Monday. I wish it were Friday though! I haven't done so great on the eating front but I just seem to be hungrier than normal. Yesterday I think I got hungry every two hours and I woke up hungry this morning which never happens to me. . . :O
I think maybe I am doing something out of the ordinary that is burning off the fuel but I have no idea what it could be. Maybe I am stressing a little cause I asked my ex-boyfriend to go to lunch on Thursday. Don't know why that would be stressful?!

Carolyn - Glad that you are checking in. I feel the same way about my computer. It's the last thing I want to do when I go home. I usually check in on break or lunch.

Sherry - Glad you checked in to! That is a healthy attitude about those 3lbs. I bet it is muscles from the walking. Good for you for sticking to that!

Gail - Yay! You're back. Great to hear from you. Sorry you're missing your son's wedding. Hopefully the video will do a good job of catching things for you.

Angel-eyes - I know you'll be in the 100's before you know it. I am proud of you. I hope to be there myself soon.

Sorry no not address everyone. I tried to get some time set aside this afternoon but it never works that way!

A big howdy to those I missed.

Gina
Closed Thread