Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 09:08 AM   #31  

Hey all! Thanks for the positive words!

To get the ticker in your signature, Gayle, all you have to do is cut and paste the info. in the 1st of the 3 boxes they give you on the last page, then save your signature. I tried to copy the wrong one at first, but then fixed it--
no prob.

Cheryl

Last edited by 4myloves; 10-27-2004 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:55 AM   #32  
Losing it!

WHOO-HOO!!!!!!!! I did it Cheryl! THANK YOU!!!!
Old 10-27-2004, 10:51 AM   #33  
Losing it!

Have any of you ladies watched the biggest loser on NBC? It's been on twice and so far I've watched both shows. I have mixed feelings about it...
Old 10-27-2004, 11:36 AM   #34  

My trainer actually suggested that I tape and watch it (for motivation, I think, NOT to model my plan after), but after reading some of the threads about it on other boards here at 3FC, I've decided to let it be.

There is a thread about it in the General Chatter section of the board.

Quick note: I'm sorry I haven't been posting to y'all individually in my last few posts. I do think about y'all (and respond a lot in my head)--just hard to get it all out in a post (takes awhile, dontcha know.)

Love you all,
Cheryl
Old 10-27-2004, 12:46 PM   #35  
Losing it!

Cheryl, I'm going to continue watching it for a few more weeks, I'm curious to see how it continues. A few of the things that really bothered me: they had the people strip down shirtless if a man or in a bathing suit if a woman, to be weighed in.
I went to TOPS meetings at one time, the people there never once asked me to strip down! :-)
I would of prefered they weighed everyone in street clothes, in an outfit they felt comfortable in, and wore the same outfit every week for weigh in. This way the TV audience could even see the difference in how the clothes were fitting.
The lady trainer grabbed all of the smokers cig's and crushed them...as a X-smoker, I know how very hard it was to quit, there is no way in HECK I could of tried losing weight and quit smoking at the same time.
The whole exercise thing...I'm all for exercise, in fact I need to do more of it myself. My problem is, they are taking basically overweight, unfit people and making them workout several hours a day. Some of the people actually vomited from it...now, how can that type of stress on the body and heart be healthy? For someone in shape, I say go for it, but not someone who is just starting out with an exercise routine.
okay...enough said, remember this is just my own perspective on the show.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:37 PM   #36  

Thanks for all the support for the tummy tuck. I was wondering if that is too vain. Does anyone know anyone that has had one? I fear the scar but not as much as showing my tummy.

Cheryl I love you ticker. That is a good visual way to see how you are doing. Great on you for getting some time in with a personal trainor.

Sherry tell Drew that I hope that he feels better soon. That's rough for you two immobile family members. Take care of your self. Yes I am feeling better and sleeping better. I have upper my evening meds and morning meds. Already today I have a hard time to focus to do this post. In the future it may be really short again. I will still be reading if I am not able to post.

Debbie I am glad that they found out the rot of your health problems. Larry and I have asthma. Larry says his asthma is worse he had to asmywife before he does anything. Really he doesn't have he just jokes about it. Dez and I both have asthma. I haven't heard anything about hypnosis but I have heard of lazer therapy that has been very successful.

Shelley gee lypo on your thighs and butt. You don't see the big picture well maybe you do but it isn't big! Your small.

Gayle I am not sure what this is about but maybe you can help me. I wrote nots on what to post and I put beside your name "Biggest Loser" so what do you think I meant??? Ok now that I reread yor post I know. It was the anme of the reality tv show.....lol I watched part of it last night< I didn't know the name until I read your post. It is kind of a mean degrading show. That one guy was sure mean when he voted off that girl. I wouldn't be caught on that show.

Guess what happenned to me today. I chipped a little corner off my front tooth. My teeth look great but because of the sins of my teen years are not cavity free. Teeth are so important to me. I was just checking into getting mine whittenned professionally this week. Well I guess I will be able to do that in person when I am getting my tooth fixed friday morning. I guess it could be a lot worse. No big smiles forme for the next few days. Not sure how he will fix it.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:59 PM   #37  
Losing it!

Dee, if I was on that show, then next week regardless if he was the biggest loser, I would kick his butt off! He was very rude and it was uncalled for. The way he just laughed his comment off really irked me.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:06 PM   #38  
Losing it!

Ooops, Dee, sorry about the tooth!
Old 10-27-2004, 06:20 PM   #39  

I have been wanting to see the show, but I keep falling asleep before it really gets going. They do have an encore showing on USA, but I'm not sure what the time or day is.

Dee-Sorry about the tooth. The front teeth are the worst for anything to happen to.

Sherry-I hope both Wayne and Drew are feeling better today. How's work going? The secretary has been out for the last 2 days at my school, so you can imagine who's name everyone calls out when they need something! I'm beginning to hate my name!LOL

Gayle and Cheryl-Those tickers are quite interesting. I'm going to look up the website and see what they are all about.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:42 PM   #40  

Remember if you get the chance tonight to watch the lunar eclipse. I think that we are going to miss it because it clouded over and is rainning.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:14 PM   #41  

STOP!!!!!!

Please Go To #12............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!
Closed Thread