Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 08:16 PM   #46  

Hey ladies!

Just a quick check in...hope everyone is doing well. Been out of town the past few days on a training session for work. Travel seems to treat me well...still lost for the week. Feeling great and am finally retiring a pair of pants that have gotten too big> Nice motivation. Wore a pair today that had fit much tighter a month ago...are great now.

Ok...off to grad some dinner. Will try and write more tomorrow!
Old 10-27-2004, 08:06 AM   #47  

Talking good Morning ladies....

I have been staying up late watching the world series.... very exciting.

Nice to hear all the motivation. Fitting into smaller tighter clothes, is soooo awesome. I am so happy for you all. I weigh in tonight. I have been staying OP but my exercise is still a little slow. I have rented a couple of tables at 2 local church craft fairs. Therefore, while watching the games, I have been working on my crafts. I am excited, I have never done this before. I am hoping that my cousin (who is visiting her husbands family in Ireland) will do the tables with me. She stated last year that she wanted to do it. We'll see.

Anyway, Sam, I'm sorry but I must have missed something, why do you keep thinking your husband is going to lose his job? Iam sorry to hear you so stressed. I do know that feeling. My heart and prayers go out to you. Please pray for answers and guidence and I will also. Hang in there. It will all work out. Even if it does not feel like it now.

Angie did you go some place exciting with work???? Hope you had some time to yourself.

Laura, how is the crafting and the CD going? I am going on a haunted hayride and haunted house this weekend. I can't wait. sounds like you had fun spending others money.... I love to do that also. Hey, what about a chat night soon???? I know it is a tough time,

Joy, gald to hear things are going well..... Keep up the great work.

Well I have to get back to work. I love working at home in my pjs, have a great to all of you. I love this group. Great support and soooo positive.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:23 PM   #48  
Samantha

Lynne - congratulations on the weight loss!! Yeah, I think my husband may lose his job soon because when he had his surgery it took up all of his sick time, late excuses, everything that he had available. Well, when he was out, he got back into our old sleep schedule, staying up/sleeping late. So on his second day back, we slept until 930am when he is supposed to be at work at 700am. So as soon as his shift lead finds out about that, I am afraid that they are going to fire him.

About a chat, I would love to chat next Monday evening at about 700pm central time? How does that sound? Let me know what you think!

OK sorry this is so short, my grandma is coming to pick me up to go have lunch, and I am not even dressed yet!! Will talk to you guys later!

Sam
Old 10-29-2004, 07:56 AM   #49  
Samantha

Good morning ladies!

Today is good so far...haha all 25 minutes so far

Anyways, went to the gym three times this week, haven't lost any weight yet, but I notice that sometimes I won't lose anything for like a week, and then all of a sudden it just like falls off. You would think that every day there would be a little bit of difference, but that isn't how it works for me. Diet for me has not been perfect, but definitely better than it could be, and today is payday so I am able to go to the grocery store & get healthy food, that way I am not eating crap that I find.

Anyways, my husband dressed up for work today (he is a pimp for Halloween - he looks really cute!) so he should have fun. We aren't dressing up for work at my job, but I look forward to Sunday!!

You guys have a GREAT DAY!!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 10:21 AM   #50  

Talking Turkey challenge... weigh in....

Good Morning ladies and gents

Well, I thought last night was going to be night to hit the sack early... nooooo my computer is messed up. I am not going to work on it until I can get it fixed. Some spyware thingy has taken it over. therefore, I am in the office logging on. But I will not log on again till monday. I will try to view threads. This sh*t scares me. I don't want it to turn into a virus and send to others. Don't even know if that could happen, but I will do everything in my power to avoid that. I will be working with the computer people later today again......

Anyway, on a positive note... down another 2.2 total 4.8 and 5.2 more to go for the TC challenge.

Sam, I am so sorry to hear that your husbands employers aren't a little more understanding of his situation. But it sounds like things are going to be okay??? hang in there, great job on the exercise. I would like to do a chat on Monday night at 6pm Central, 5pm Eastern...I have no idea what time that would be down under???? But try to joins everyone...
Anyone else want to join us.... Laura, what about you????

Everyone is doing so well, I love to hear it. Keep up the great work... have a great day. I have to keep short while at work...
Old 10-30-2004, 01:34 AM   #51  
Pending Email Confirmation

Talking Turkey Challenge data

Hi all,

I was down another 2.4 on Wednesday at Weight Watchers Weight In. I've been keeping on program and drinking water pretty well.

I have been doing more exercise.... but I think I should do a little more. Mon.,Tue., Wed am went to the gym, but now here it is Friday and I've done no more. Thursday was class night so I don't plan on going to the gym. Today, I had my bag packed in the car and had plans to do some water running after work, when my car went on auto-pilot and I was 3/4 the way home before I realized that I was going the wrong way..... so I just went home. I'll be helping my daughter and her family move tomorrow so I should get a fair bit of exercise with that.

DH & I headed out for Chinese Food again, seems to be a Friday habit. We had Wor Won Ton Soup and split a dinner for one (chicken chow mean, seschwan beef, and beef chop suey) which is half of what we regularly eat. Don't know how to count it but I think as far as eating out goes we've improved our choices, which is something that we can live with.

This is now week 7 on weight watchers and I don't seem to be having too many troubles keeping on program. Today everybody seemed to bring in either chocolates or snacky items for everyone. I'm happy to say I resisted the temptation. I did go to a retirement luncheon buffet but I only had salad and a sample of butter chicken and curried lamb. I think I did okay. Have GS #2 for the night tomorrow, usually have something for dinner that a kid would like, we'll see how that goes. We will buy some Hallowe'en treats for both of them but they'll have to take them home before any packages get opened.

Lynn -- good job on the weight loss. My WW leader spoke of Dory at our meeting also. To me it is about keeping focus.

Its good to see that you are keeping up your exercise and being mindful of what you are eating Sam, those are good habits that you are building, chances are you'll keep some of them for the rest of your life and be very successful meeting your goal. Sounds like your hubby did fine going back to work -- his morale must be high if he's willing to dress up.

Thirty pounds, Angela. WTG. I'm at just over twenty right now, hoping for another ten to meet my Christmas challenge goal.

Hey Laura, you'll have to be serious about staying on program if you want to lose ten pounds by Nov. 25 (is that a special signifant date?) consider this a challenge...

Well that's it for now.

Have a great weekend everyone, and Happy Hallowe'en Remember only tricks.... no treats
Old 11-01-2004, 12:22 AM   #52  
Samantha

Angela - I am sorry that you feel that way. I personally find this thread very motivational.
Well I just got back from Trick or Treating. Then my friend & I went to the bar for a little while, but it is only 1100pm now, and I am already home, so I will still get in a good nights sleep. I had a really good time, and if I may say so myself, I looked really cute!!! I would have taken a picture but my husband is already in bed asleep. I am just celebrating my meeting my Halloween goal. Hurray!!!
Tommorrow is the beginning of a new month, and I for one am determined to start again, fresh. Remember, I have to lose eight more pounds in order to for me to "lose a turkey"!!!!!!!

Anyways, ladies, I hope you all had a very nice Halloween, and I hope you all did your best to stay away from all that Halloween candy!!

Sam
Old 11-01-2004, 11:26 PM   #53  
Samantha

Well I think that I should say that this is crap.

First of all, I truly considered each of you to be my friend, as well as support. If you can't find the "support" that you need on this particular thread, fine, it isn't like you are limited to only ONE thread. You can post on as many threads as you want, and just because you are finding MORE support somewhere else, doesn't mean you should act like WE aren't good enough for you.

Secondly, I understand what it's like to be "busy". I am also very very busy. And I probably don't post as often as I should. But I truly depend on coming back here at least once a day and read the posts here, even if I don't have time to respond to them. Honestly, there have been times when I really felt like giving up, but didn't want to lose the companionships that I have made here.

Maybe I am just being a baby, but I really really feel abandoned.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:24 PM   #54  

Hey ladies, I always seem to miss what is going on. Why is anyone leaving. I agree with Sam I thought we were more than just a "thread", but friends and support. I am also sorry for not logging in but I have some crazy stuff going on with my home computer and Iwas told my my teck that it is not a virus, but I am still nervous about passing something on, that is why I can only log on at work. I am still working on my computer.... but please, I hope noone leaves. This was such a great thread. But ya now, this is crazy, why does anyone feel left out? I really do not have the time to read the past few threads, but I am shocked by what is going on.
Laura, I am sorry to hear you are going through some bad times, but we could probably help. Angie, why are you leaving? I see your name mentioned alot after you post. I am confused. I guess it payes to be oblivious to what is going on. Becasue I love this site, this threa, this group. each and everyone of you.
Well, I do have to go,,,, but look forward to reading what the **** is going on
Old 11-05-2004, 09:10 AM   #55  

Just checking in.... TC
Well down another 1.8 yea for me. Have to make this short I'm at work and I need tolook at new computers.. Anyway I have 3.4 lbs to go for the TC. Hope all is well with everyone. How is everyone doing?????
Old 11-05-2004, 11:01 AM   #56  
Samantha

I started a new thread for everyone who wants to join:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...222#post709222

Sam
Closed Thread