Old 09-14-2004, 07:13 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #246 Tuesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:27 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Happy Tuesday Morning

Good morning all. I heard about Baby Allie this morning on the news. That is so sad, but then again she's not suffering and she's living a better life than any of us.

Michelle, I'm so sorry. Sure hope you got some sleep.

Mel, hope that cold is gone.

Spryng, I know as time passes after dh is home more, he'll probably be living more your way than pulling you in his way. Hope that goes well. No, you didn't miss anything about my pregnancy. Just that this pregnancy is making me so darn moody. I've been moody day in and day out. I'm going through this stuff right now that I'm chaning, my wants and dreams are changing and dh's aren't with me. Not that I'm asking him to, but I'm not even sharing my dreams with him, because he's not usually the understanding kind. Things are mostly going to go his way so I'd rather keep my mouth shut and everything stays the same. I'm just having trouble keeping it in. See to be more clearly, I don't want to build a house, I don't want to live in the country and I don't want to live in Terrell. A part of me wants to put Alisa in school because she's got this separation anxiety and it's killing me. But I refuse to put her in Terrell. So I want to move away from my family, just alittle ways. I've been letting my mom and my sister persuade me too easily into my decisions. It's my mom that says you have to live in the country and raise those kids in the country, well now I don't want to. My sister doesn't persuade purposely, but since she's the oldest I look up to her so much and I think she knows best. I'm just sick and tired of letting myself get dragged into what other people tell me. All I want is to not disappoint anyone and make everyone happy. It's dh's dream to build this house, but he thinks it's mine because I know how he feels about buying a home, he doesn't want to move so all this time I've just gone with what he says to make him happy. Now I don't feel like it's fair to him to bring all this up and screw everything up. So I just pray while I'm alone and cry alittle, but I've been carrying this stress to the point that I lose my apetite. I'm sorry to go on and on like this. You've always said you're a good listener and my fingers just wouldn't stop.

Jill, glad you enjoyed Oprah. Hope you got some sleep.

Cindi, I'll keep you and Christian in my prayers today. Hope all goes well.

Hello to Jaymi, Geri, Ricci, Angel, Deana and everyone else.

I went to bed around 930, just didn't feel great, Andrew woke up at 1130, took a bottle and went back to sleep. Then he woke up at 410, I changed his diaper, gave him a bottle, I pottied and we both went back to sleep. So not that bad of a night. I think I'm staying home today, catching up on some cleaning, but I need to run to the bank and post office and pharmacy so I may fit that in. We'll school when Andrew lays down.
I'm gonna get off and enjoy my coffee and quietness for just a bit. TTYL
Old 09-14-2004, 07:34 AM   #3  
SAHM of 3

Btw, Ally's up now, so it's cartoon time. But she is quiet. And I'm 5 months today!!! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!
And Hi Penny, didn't mean to leave you out. How close are you to the border? As of this morning, it looks like LA is going to get pounded come Wednesday and Thursday. Hope you can all take cover.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:49 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning Crystal and everyone else.

WI this morning......are you ready Penny? 3 MORE GONE YEAH !!!!!! I feel so great. Dh will be home in about 5 minutes and I'm hoping he thinks to ask what WI was. He's not too good about that sometimes but I reminded him yesterday that today was the day. I think most of it is him working nights and he gets his days mixed up.

Crystal: I know you have sono next week, but when is your next Dr. appt.? Maybe you should talk to him/her about the moodiness. Tell them that you feel it's alot more than with any of the others, maybe they can give you some suggestions. Happy 5 months.

Kristin: Thank you. I really enjoyed chatting last night and I'm going to try to make it to chat most nights, especially when dh is at work. Besided, I think I finally got that darned incubator set on temperature. I got up this morning and it was right where it should be. Sometimes that can take up to 24 hours to regulate.

Spryng: Do we need to remind you daily to take that pill? I can put a sticky note on my monitor to remind you

Penny: Hope you get all the things you need before Ivan gets there. It is really looking like it will come your way. Do you have anywhere farther inland you can go if you need to? You can always come to Missouri, Nebraska or Kansas. Either Spryng, Ricci, Kristin or I would be glad to have you all I'm sure . Just stay safe and keep us informed. This has to be just too scary.

Well, hopefully dd will sleep in today, she got up early yesterday and fought to go to sleep last night. She usually does if it's quiet and the boys are gone to school so it is pretty quiet here. although I've been typing too long and now dh is home....lol.

Gonna go for now. TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:52 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

I wanted to say that I am keeping Christian in my prayers.

Allie is in my prayers as I know she is in a better place today. My heart is still filled with sadness as this child has touched my heart in a short amount of time

As for me, I don't have time to get personal this morning. We are evulated in the surrounding area and our area is the only one left with school as of this morning. We will know more as the day passes.

Just keep everyone on the coast in your prayers as we all prepare for the worse.

I called all over this morning and found one store that still has supplies left and I am off to go there now.

Lots of love to you all!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:52 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Thanks Deana and good morning to you. YEAH!!! on those 3 stinking pounds. WTG!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 09:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

I am tired and nausious (sp?) this morning. I know it's the BC pills.... yuck. I have alot to get done today so I hope it passes soon.
So planned for today is cleaning, have to run to the bank and go get a few groceries. And more cleaning, lol.
I guess I have the QOTD today so let me think: When it comes to raising your kids are you like your parents or did you decide to go a different way and why?
my answer: My childhood wasn't the best so I learned from alot of the mistakes my parents made with me and my siblings. I did like that they were very open about sexuality and such growing up so that I was never too curious to sleep around or anything (virgin on my wedding night, lol) and the same with drugs and alcohol... my dad was a lost hippie, lol... has long hair and tattoos and bandanas and both of my parents were drug dealers for years as I was growing up and then when I was around 8-9 yrs old they quit for us, and themselves too I'm sure. But alot of things I changed with my own kids. Like my parents were never really hands on parents and I want to be a fun parents along with a strict one (not too strict, lol) I also want my kids to be their age and not make them grow up faster than needed as my mom forced on me. So for the most part my childrearing is much different than how I was raised.. only a few tidbits I have kept. I could go on and on about this, lol but I won't bore you.

Well I am sorry to hear about Allie. I didn't really know what was going on so I checked out the web site this morning. Too sad. I'll be thinking about her family today.

Penny, I hope you and your family are going to be safe! Are they talking about evacuation yet? I thought they still weren't sure where the hurricane was going to hit. But I haven't seen the news today.

Deana congrats on those 3#'s!!! That is fantastic!! Remind me again what plan you are on? And I won't be able to meet you this thursday... I forgot that I have to be in springdale on fri or saturday and all that driving will do me under, lol. But when you know the next time you will be there let me know and we'll plan something ok?

Crystal, congrats on hitting your half way mark!!!! You will be done before you know it! and I am a good listener so I'm glad you updated me on what is going on with you. I thought your dh had decided not to build also and that he was thinking about another business venture? I guess he changed his mind again huh? How is your sisters pregnancy going? Did she get that bladder infection under control?

Well I guess I better get off here and start getting around. i think I would feel better if I just made myself puke, lol... which I won't do.
Jill, we still up for that water challenge today?

TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning girls!!

Penny I hope you will be okay and I'm sending prayers your way!!

QOTD: I don't do things the way my parents did, my childhood wasn't the greatest as well and we do not spank our children because of that reason.

Spryng Hope you got a good sleep in last night, I'm exhausted I only got 3 hours of sleep or so UUGHHHHH!!

Crystal stop bein moody girl JK lol I hope the PMS'y phase of pregnancy passes soon.

Deana WAY TO GO!!! You are doing great!!

Well I need to get some stuff done around here.
love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:31 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Hi all.
Michelle, thanks for the kick in the butt. I really wish that's all it would take to get me out of this, but horomones tend to be tougher than us sometimes.

Spryng, dh's grandparents finally offered us the closing $ although it has to be paid back very soon. I was happy about not building but he wasn't and took their offer quickly without even running it by me. The only thing standing in the way is if the bank says no after it goes through underwriting. Dh had decided that he and his friend coudn't go on with their business venture, his freind got a great job, but I found out yesterday dh is still going to try. Really upsets me, because he hasn't told me that. I overheard him talking to his friend about it.
There's so much I'm upset with at the moment. Just trying to work through it. Hope you get your stuff done today.

QOTD: I do most things like my parents. I'm strict sort of like my parents on certain issues. I'm big into the spanking thing when it needs to be. My parents weren't open about sex. You just didn't talk about it. I don't want to be that way with mine. I want to be open and want my kids to feel like they can talk to me about anything and everything. Between my parents and my in-law's, I'm definitely like mine and want to be. My dh is spoiled and his brother is lazy, spoiled and just worthless. He'll be 18 on Thursday. My mil tried to be their friends and not their mom and that's is not what it's all about.
Okay, I'm getting a slow start today. Not sure when we'll do school, but we will. TTYL
Old 09-14-2004, 10:39 AM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies...

Yeah Spryng, They still don't know which way the hurricane is going to go but there is three projected paths and we are one of them.

All of New Orleans area parishes are evacuating today and all surrounding parish schools are closed. We are the only parish in the area that is still ok.

Anyhow I hope you all have a great day.

For now, I have one load of clothes to finish up and then I am going outside to start cleaning up a bit.

Old 09-14-2004, 10:43 AM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Crystal,
Just to give you an idea we are 1hr from the center of Downtown New Orleans.

Our parish is Tangipahoa, and our surrounding parishes is Livingston, St. Tammany, St. Benard, New Orleans and such if you hear anything on the news on these areas.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #12  
Walking away the weight

Morning, gals I'm a little freaked out because DH is and will be in Mobile, AL during the hurricane. He'll be stayingg at the emergency operations center, which should be safe, but it's still nervewracking. I'm also worried about Penny . . .

First, Michelle, ((hugs)) to you. I know you were sending so many prayers to Allie. She is at peace now.

Crystal- oh, I can't wait for your next ultrasound When i checked out with my Avon purchase, there was a place to put in the phone number of an Avon rep. I put your number in, so I hope it works and you get credit for the sale. Hope you're feeling better today. Have you told your mom and sis about your desires/dreams?

Spryng- I'm positive things will straighten out once TOM leaves. I can't wait to see pics of Tanner's hair cut. I eat worse when DH is home too. Well, unless DH is in one of his healthy stages.

Geri- we've missed you! Sounds like you had a great, if not somewhat exhausting trip.

Deana- on the great loss!!

Penny- I'm really freaked out about you and your family. But it does look like it's going slightly Northwest, so you'll probably be okay. But better safe than sorry. As for skincare, the stretch mark stuff is also part of my new routine LOL. I spent all this money on Strivectin lotion for that, but then never had the time to use it. Luckily it's still good, so I'm adding it to my new "be good to myself" routine.

Jill- glad you enjoyed Oprah. She made TV history by giving the cars away.

QOTD:My parents were good parents - well, mainly my mother since my father wasn't really that involved in what was going on. My mother made all decisions LOL. My mother was very open and honest about ALL things. I did like that, and that's probably one reason I was not boy crazy and held off on sex until I was definitely an adult. The one thing I consciously do differently is that my parents were not happily married and there was constant arguing. A lot of times, I was put in the middle, and that's not fair to a child. I would never, ever do that. If I disagree with something DH is doing, or vice-versa, that's something we discuss out of Liam's presence. And in terms of decisions or disciplinary issues, DH and I will always prsent a unified front. For example, if DH told Liam he couldn't have ice cream, and I disagreed with that , I wouldn't say to Liam:"Oh, it's okay, you can have some anyway." I would support that, but talk to DH about it later on, when we were alone.

Well, that was long-winded!! LOL. Okay, today is deep cleaning plus some errands, so I may not be back on until late afternoon . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #13  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey Friends

Just dropped in to say hi before I go to the doc for my biopsy today...Christian's surgery is tomorrow, so thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I am so nervous for him, and so worried about him. On top of everything, I feel like I am coming down with a cold or something. Not fair!!! I just got back from taking Hope to the doc and she STILL has the ear infection! 3rd round of meds for her. She also has some strange form of eczema on her hands and has meds and gloves for it, this should be interesting. Not fair again.

WTG Deana! I am jealous! What plan are you on?

Penny...my prayers are with you.

Crystal...I hope things get better for you soon somehow! Remember your faith and rise above it, girl! You can do it, with God all things are possible...even beating those wild hormones of pregnancy!!

Leigh...praying that dh stays safe and for peace for you while he is there!

Hey Spryng...Hope you feel better soon!

Hello to the rest of you, I will be back later. Trying to clean before I go, incase I don't feel like it afterwards...wish me luck!

Love ya!!
Cindi
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:29 AM   #14  

Ok, somebody kick me, please. I haven't done anything all day except read news, post here, watch a little news and Montel. It was a good one on cheating husbands. Maury is gone from the line up. Anyone know what's up with that? Maybe he ran out of free paternity tests.... I need to get jump started. I have so many things I could be doing but stayed up too late and have no motivation yet. Coffee is gone and need to get started on my water. Almost snack time so I'll grab a Slim Fast for that.

Thank you all for the s and s on my loss. I also had dh help me measure since he helped 2 weeks ago. I decided to weigh weekly and measure every 2 weeks. I lost one inch from my hips, so that was encouraging.

Spryng: I totally understand about Thursday. Don't worry, I will let you know next time we will be coming out that way so maybe we can meet for a non-fattening lunch somewhere. Also, after this trip I will know where I'm going so I will be able to make the trip by myself if I want to. I never ran the idea by dh, just figured he is pretty easy going and wouldn't mind, but wanted to find out from you first......I'm not really on a plan, just limiting calories, drinking lots of water and excercising. It seems to be working so I'm not gonna try to fix what isn't broken .

Michelle: Slow down girl and get some rest. We miss you.

Leigh: I will be thinking about dh while he is covering the hurricane. I'm sure they will keep him safe.

Penny: Stay safe. Keep in touch with us and let us know you are alright.

Where's Jill, Jaymi, Ricci, Kristin, Julie, Geri and everyone else this morning ?

I'm going to try and get something started around here. Only thing I need to go out for is milk and that can wait til later. Breakfast is over.

TTYL
Old 09-14-2004, 11:40 AM   #15  

Cindi: You snuck in on me. I'm thinking about you today with your biopsy and tomorrow with Christian's surgery. Have you thought of getting another Dr. to check Hope? Maybe it's something chronic with her ear.....I'm limiting to 1500 calories a day, lots of water and excercise is all. I still eat what I want, with a few exceptions, and watch portion size.

QOTD: Almost forgot to answer it. I feel like I am quite different from that way my parents were. My dad was gone all the time over the road so mom was both mom and dad. I didn't have to live with "Wait til your father gets home". I didn't really get in much trouble when I was a kid, but my brother sure did... When he started in Kindergarten, mom went to beauty school and then started working so after school I took care of him. After dad died when I was 16, I had to grow up fast so I try to make sure that my children are allowed to just be kids. I don't want them to have the regrets about missing out on childhood like I did. I have no reserves about spanking if they deserve it, for instance, doing something that I know they know better than to do. They still don't get alot of spankings. They are just kids. I sometimes have to remind dh that some of the things they do that irritate him is they are just being kids. He grew up pretty much without dad around too because he worked nights and wasn't much into doing things with them. So he still needs some education in the discipline department. And I'm more than willing to give it to him......lol.