Old 09-08-2004, 05:17 PM   #16  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Dan: Great job! Wow, that is impressive!! Great first week.

I went to Applebees and had their mesquite chicken salad, with no dressing. I usually just add a little splash of vinegar for zero points. Anyway, it's a core salad, from what I can tell. Chicken, black beans, pico de gallo veggies and lettuce. Great and very filling.

As far as the frozen meals and refiguring, I can do that. I think they will come out a lot lower. Hadn't thought about that.

Had a Skinny Sugar Free Caramel Latte for dessert! Yummy! Gets a milk serving in!

5 more hours until weigh in....

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:31 AM   #17  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default Wholey Moley!! Look at me go!

Okay, so I was the biggest loser with 11.2 gone this last week, my first week on Core. It shocked my leader, and she was a bit concerned that I lost so much. So, I am going to follow Core again this week, and for the entire month of September, to see if it's just the way my body responds to the type of food we eat.

It was a bit embarassing, though, as I was the center of attention for the entire meeting. So many questions. It was kinda fun, though.

This will be quick, as I am on my way to bed, but wanted to check in and let you all know. I am down to my lowest yet, thank you very much. 37 pounds gone now since joining, 65 from my highest. Time for another moo!!

Chach
Old 09-09-2004, 10:38 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

WTG, Chach! You might want to put a little olive oil on that salad!

Dan
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:11 PM   #19  

Hurray Chachee. Keep up the good work. Dan, how are you doing???
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 04:46 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygirl
Hurray Chachee. Keep up the good work. Dan, how are you doing???
I am finding this program very easy to follow, Jolly. No cravings, no bingeing, no hunger. Today, quite frankly, I don't feel like eating much of anything at all. That's probably because of the killer cold I'm suffering through, though. I've been chugging mint green tea all day, and that seems to help.

I've set a new goal - - no more weigh-ins until my official one next Wednesday morning. I'm geared up for a terrific week, and if all goes well, I'll treat myself to a nice surprise.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:40 PM   #21  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Going to start new thread.

Chach
Old 09-10-2004, 12:42 PM   #22  

Default Friday 9/10

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!!

Chach and Dan, you have inspired me to give core a try again!

I read an article in Woman's Day magazine about insulin resistance (I am a type 2 diabetic). The author had been following a very low carb diet (about 40 grams a day - no bread, pasta, rice, fruit), then she began feeling lightheaded, tired and having food cravings. She saw another endocrinologist that told her she should have more carbs (about 40 grams at each meal), and that she should eat fruit. The article also said you should have a protein at each meal and you should have a balance of protein and carbs at each meal. I am only supposed to eat around 60 grams of carbs at each meal, but I have not been as strict about that for a while now. I rarely have any protein for breakfast (other than milk in my cereal); usually I only eat a bowl of cereal. This may be why I have been struggling lately with food cravings and not much energy. To be honest, lately I haven't been keeping track of my food and I haven't been exercising. I have been busy this week preparing for my yard sale Saturday. I've got to get back on track.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:41 AM   #23  

Connie: I just saw the last post that you put on the old board - I think its great that you're giving Core another shot. I think that you will find it very easy to follow the guidelines that you described while staying within the program. I have been eating much more fruit than I had on any other program. I have also been careful about combining protein w/ carbs. I have not had a single binge craving in the past 2 weeks - which is a big part of the reason why I have been successful. Good luck with it!