Old 08-20-2004, 09:21 AM   #1  

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me - week 34

OK Chachee - here's the new thread. Hope you are doing ok after your half day of work. Dan, Connie, Chequita - hope to hear from you all soon.

I have a golf outing to go to today. Scary. I hope it goes ok.

Goal for the week - portion control with breads/grains. That is one thing I have a real hard time with portion control.

Good thing about myself - sense of humor. Keeps me sane in an insane world.

Have a good day all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 01:26 PM   #2  

Default Friday 8/20

Hope everyone is having a great Friday.

I have been handling food pretty well since my last post; I have gone over my daily points just a little the past two days, but I've spent those points on healthy foods. I had a migraine Tuesday night. I also have had stomach pains since then - don't know if from the Excedrin I took or from the "One-A-Day Vitamins - Maximum" I have been taking the past three weeks. I've been having some gastric problems this past week and suspect it is the vitamins. These vitamins are supposed to give you energy but I don't feel very energetic. They have chromium in them, but I can't remember what else besides the usual vitamins A, B, C, etc. So I have stopped taking them; guess I should have asked my dr about taking these with my diabetes medication. Haven't exercised since Tues, will work on that this weekend.

CHACHEE - happy you are doing well.

JOLLY - congrats on your loss I also have a problem with portion control of pasta - I just buy the Lean Cuisine, WW, or Healthy Choice pasta, that works for me. Restaurant portions are too big so I don't usually order pasta when I eat out. I wasn't very clear when I asked you if you did one activity a day. I should have asked if you did one exercise activity a day; you are so active, I just don't know how you fit in all in every day. I can't seem to manage anything but a 20 min walk three times a week.

DAN - hope you have a great vacation; just try to make the best choices you can with food.

CHEQUITA - miss you; hope you are well.

Have a great weekend!
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #3  

Hi, Connie. Hope you are having a good weekend. You have to be careful with vitamins. I bought a different (cheaper) brand once, and all of a sudden started peeing flourescent yellow!!! Luckily, I have a friend who is a nurse, and she said it might be the vitamins. She was right.

As for active, I go in spurts. When it is time to play, I play hard. When it is not, I am a complete couch potato. I try to schedule my day so I can't get close to the couch. I swear, the force of gravity is stronger around the couch. Once I sit down, especially if I have a good book (and they are ALL good), I can't get up again. I get up very early so I have time to take care of the dogs and work out before work, and go to whatever I do in the evenings before going home. I make working out a priority, and try to always find a way to get to the gym. Once I start making one excuse, more will follow. and weight loss aside, I just feel better when I work out. So, I go every day. I don't work out super hard EVERY day, but I figure any exercise is better than sitting on the couch.

Speaking of which, I need to clean the house and get to the gym, before meeting my mother for lunch. Have a wonderful day all.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:52 AM   #4  

Good morning all. Just thought I would put in a quick post, to make sure we don't get buried.

I am feeling very frustrated this morning. Partly hormones. Partly that i didn't get to the gym this morning. I am going tonight before racquetball lessons. But, I had a staff that was due to go into labor. I thought the message got relayed to the person on call that I would have my pager on as backup if she had it this weekend. I kept everything ready. then, found out this morning that she started labour Friday evening, the on call person did one shift, and another staff (overtime!!!!) did the rest. I realize that I am more frustrated than I should be, but I could have helped out! Saved the budget some. So, I am craving chocolate, but will not let myself go get any. I will survive.

Hope you all have a good Monday.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #5  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello All!

I think I'm back, at least for 3/4 days here at work. I will not be weighing in this week, as I am still trying to get this surgery weight off me. Horrible thing, huh?

But I am feeling better, other than exhausting myself this weekend with doing too much. I did convince hubby to purchase a nice 3 person swing at Lowes yesterday. It was marked down from $215 to $100, so I thought it would be a nice "recovery" and theraputic thing for me and the family to sit out in the yard that is fenced in and just swing.

Mom is here until a week from Tuesday. Slipping into my old "fat" eating habits with her around. That stopped today. Not going to follow other people's bad habits, going to lead with my good ones.

Okay, have a great week and I will try to check in more often!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 05:56 AM   #6  

Well, welcome back Chachee. I am glad you are doing better - JUST DON'T OVERDO. Hurray for battling old eating habits during this chaotic time.

Well, I need to report a huge NSV. Yesterday was a very bad day at work. I was stressed, and feeling very much stabbed in the back. All I wanted to do was eat. I wanted to go get large amounts of chocolate. I did get some sugar free low fat chocolate milk, but that is all. I am very proud I was able to do that.

Now, if I could only stop chewing on my cuticles when nervous - I have one that is infected now. Ouch.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:52 AM   #7  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Jolly: Great job on your "save". It's always tough when stress issues are more of a personal attack issue. I'm sorry someone has done that to you and will keep you in my thoughts and keep those good skinny vibes going your way.

I am still struggling, and will have to work hard to get this surgery weight off, but man, I sure am happy I did the surgery. Feels 100% better up top and my back is so much better already!

I will get this weight off, although it may take me a couple more weeks. Gosh, it's really hard when you slip back into your old way of eating. Hard to shake that comfortable old habit off, but it is time. I have vacation coming up in February and I want to be almost at goal at that time. I know I can do this!

Happy Tuesday

Chach
Old 08-24-2004, 03:37 PM   #8  

I am glad you are working hard to get back on track, Chachee, and that you are feeling better. A whole new you.

I am pretty happy about the saves. I have TOPS tonight. I don't know how I will do weight wise. I did endulge a bit over the weekend, though my exercise was good. I didn't get a chance to weigh in at the gym, so I will see. I can only hope for the best, and work hard this week.

Here's to all of us.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:01 PM   #9  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Jolly: Have fun at TOPS tonight. I'm giving myself one more week before I go weigh in at WW. Just still bloated from surgery and don't need to see that gain on the scales, considering I've done pretty well. Mental thing with me, so you know how that goes.

Happy Wednesday everyone...wherever you may be.

Chach
Old 08-25-2004, 08:27 PM   #10  

Hey all. TOPS went well last night. I had a loss, so that is good. Hope the healing is still going well, Chachee.

I have a much needed 4 day weekend. Of course, busy with horse show, friends get together, and another friend's baby due. Yikes. No rest for the wicked.

May not get a whole lot of time to post, so have a good one all.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:18 PM   #11  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Jolly: Glad you had another loss. I was on my own scale this morning and have lost a lot of my surgery weight. I only need to lose 8 more pounds and I'll be back at pre-surgery weight. I think I can do that without a problem. I am going to weigh in next week, just didn't want to do it this week.

I have a weird question. Have any of you found that clothing is sized weird? Let me explain. I am currently in a 16 comfortably, sometimes a 14. So, I found this really cute powder pink (my new favorite color) zip up sweater three weeks ago. They only had it in a 2X, but it was so cute I bought it. Heck, it was only $12. I put it on this morning, and it's tight!! How is that? I am wearing no other plus size clothing, and this thing is way too tight at a 2X?! I need to lose another 10-15 pounds for it to look cute and okay on me. Dang clothing designers!!! Yet I am wearing an XL shirt from Sears and it's loose? Strange!

I'll get the new thread started tomorrow.

Chach
Old 08-26-2004, 04:47 PM   #12  

Yes, different brands fit differently. I had a pair of size 20 Chic jeans that had a smaller waist than a different brand's size 18. Crazy.

Glad you have lost most of the surgery weight. Keep it up.