Old 11-13-2004, 12:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Desperate Housewives (SAHM's) #285 Saturday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 16 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight .
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 12:15 PM   #2  

hello.......anyone out there?
Old 11-13-2004, 01:01 PM   #3  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

I am!!! Just got up, it's a little before 10. Bayley slept with us since 6 this morning. Woke up screaming bloody murder and I'm not sure why. She has never slept with us but fell right back asleep when I brought her in our room so I'm not sure what's wrong with her. I did see her bottom molars cutting through the skin but you would think that would make her cranky even in our room. Any ideas anyone?

Anyway I am on a homework mission today. I am going to shut the office door and Ron is going to have to deal with the dd for the day, or at least part of the day. Not sure how long I can shut myself in her but I'll try for the day.

That's it for me. I'll check in later and hopefully some of you will have posted! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:24 PM   #4  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay...where is everyone? My gosh, I hear an echo. Well I've been busy all morning. I got some rest last night. I went to the store and bought a splint for my hand to keep it all wrapped up tight last night and I actually slept all night long. It's not as sore this morning so I'm going to splint it up again tonight.

But anyhow, I got the dish washer loaded, the kitchen cleaned, 2 loads of laundry washed and put away so far. I did a 45 min. workout and I'm all spiffed up and clean for the day. Just can't vacuum...kind of broke that yesterday.

So Jill-What's size slippers do you need? Good luck with the marathon session of homework. I guess I'm a weirdo, but I always loved homework. Strange, I know. But that's me. I have no idea what's wrong with Bayley. Maybe she had a bad dream. I don't know, but Nicole keeps getting up in the middle of the night and sneaking into our bed. Makes for cramped sleeping. She is a major bed hog.

Michelle-Are you getting your homework done too? How's the day going up that way? We are sunshiney but cold outside. What Teagan and Taylor doing today? I am on my 4th "viewing" of Jamaiica Barbie. I'm sooo going to burn that dvd someday. At least no one is screaming. Tiana might when she comes home from her dad's tomorrow. Nicole ate all her Ande's mints. Guess I better buy another box.

Well to all you MIA mammas....Have a great day and I might check back in a bit after I get done checking out slingo.com and putting more stuff on ebay to sell. I need some dough.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 02:39 PM   #5  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

GOOD AFTERNOON ALL!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! My kids let me sleep in til 10:15 this morning...arrghh! I didn't want to sleep that late! I did get to Curves this morning and then a couple errands. Snuck a peek at the scale this morning to see how close I got to my mini goal....224.5.....down 5.5 since Tuesday. Only missed my mini goal by 4.5 pounds. Now I need to set a new one for New Year's but won't change it til after Tues. WI. I know I want to be well out of the 200's by then, and should be able to. I almost treated myself to Chinese today for my birthday but the talked me out of it!

What does everyone have planned this weekend? I really need to work on laundry and dishes, just not motivated yet cuz this is my day!!!

Chris: Glad that splint helped your hand!

Jill: on the mission today! Don't forget to eat and drink your water while in your zone .

Michelle: I'm around too! Hope you're having a great day! Do you work again tonight?

Well I'm going to kill some time on pogo then let the kids have the puter for a while.....that danged rotation and time limit thing .

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 03:14 PM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Michelle, Deana, Jill, and Chris.....

And all you lovely ladies out there!

I'm still breathing

Had to go clean the church this morning and now working on kidney info.

We are leaving for Disney in a little over two weeks I'll need a vacation from Vacation

The dr. for Andrew called and said the hospital doesn't have a nuclear medicine opening for Andrew's testing until Dec. 21. The dr. was calling to say he didn't want the test to wait that long so we are going to Children's Hospital on the 7th.

The newspaper called and they are doing a story on Andrew and the Kidney Walk. I have the interview at 10 am Monday Morning. YAH!
Monday evening is our first committee meeting for the Walk.

Hunter is in the school play and program on Tuesday. And then the boys both have belt tests on Saturday and a birthday party.

Ok am I still breathing.....lol

I know I know but I bring it on myself... Maybe it will keep me out the fridge..

Kristen,
I am mailing your present out early b/c we will be gone on the 3rd.

Congrats on all the losses lately! Great Job!

I am still around and I will be back soon

LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU ALL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 03:21 PM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DEANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
(i'm not a good singer..lol)

mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 03:29 PM   #8  

Bayleysmom: Could be an earache My son used to get them all the time. He didnt always have the classic signs, fever, tugging at the ear. When they lay down the fluid builds up and can really make them miserable. He would wake up and cry just like that. Just a thought ...
KellyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 03:35 PM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!!
Well, I survived yesterday........fell into bed last night and then had to face the music today, as we had Dd's birthday party today. OK, her actual bday is not until right before Christmas, so if you seriously look at a calendar, it becomes obvious that this is the least stressful time for us to have a kid party. All went well, the local community college offers pool parties- the kids swim for an hour and then they give you use of a classroom for an hour (you provide the food etc........) all for $50. And it is a very nice indoor pool. And my house did not get messy.......and I am glad it is over!

Jill- no idea here why Bailey would not sleep- but I do know that sometimes little ones can handle the pain more with mom and dad around......hope you can get your cleaning done!!!!!

Penny- you sound busy up to your eyeballs there.......try to get a breather for yourself, if you can. Wonderful news about the article in the paper. I hope that some public awareness of his health issues is very helpful for you.

Deanna- congrats on the loss!!!!!! Don't be hard on yourself for not making your goal, you were awful close.......and as one of the WW leaders said (actually, I think it was my Dr) the body sheds fat at its own pace, and at times there is little we can do to alter that pace. A loss, is a loss......smile!!!!! What a great accomplishment. Good job on getting to Curves.

Chris- what you selling on Ebay??????? (I find the site addicting at times) And forgive me for not researching, but what did you do to your hand/wrist?? BTW, I have you for a friendship gift.... and I know that this is tacky, but sometimes I know there is something that you just really, really want for yourself.........but can't justify the bucks to spend it on yourself. I think it goes with motherhood......guys do not usually suffer from this illness..... PM me if there is something special you would like, ok???? If not, I have a few ideas of my own. Good job getting that workout in and some housework done.

Speaking of housework.....I had better take care of some of mine. Dd comes home and blesses me with her weeks laundry from college, so that is beckoning too. And I have a wee bit of a headache....Gonna skip the walk today, I think. Hopefully will catch up with one tomorrow. See ya!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 03:35 PM   #10  

I hope you have a great day deana!! My bday is on the 27th! I will be 27! I think thats my golden birtday is what they call it

Jill get that homework done damnit!! don't make me come over there and bust your butt!! I got all my work done yesterday so I'm taking a day off from studying and writing since I worked about 5 hours on my outline and references yesterday!

Chris Its grey outside here YUCK!! I'm sure its cold as well but oh well! I hope you get a new vacuum soon!!

Okay I need to go get ready for work! I'll TTYL!!
michelle
Old 11-13-2004, 04:22 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

I'm back. I cleaned, I mopped, I kicked bootie...

Ginny-I've never been really good at figuring out what I want for myself. I love to give presents but when it comes to receiving...I suck. Maybe a good book or something. I really don't know. As far as selling on ebay goes. I've been trying to clear out my DD #1 closet. She's a clothes hound. Also got some bigger sized stuff that I just want to get rid of. I can't fit them and they are taking up too much space. I'm going to thin out my closet soon and get rid of anything that's too big, I don't wear, or is too small. The way I figure-when I get to the size I want to be, I don't want to put on the "old me". I want to buy new clothes and be a "new me." Oh and I forgot-I have rheumatoid arthritis-that's why the aches and pains. Lovely disease...

Deana- Happy Birthday! So you're 29 yrs. old, right? Have a great day!

Penny-Slow down girl. I'm getting tired just reading all about it. Poor Andrew. I don't know what to say. I hope all goes well and things work out the way they should. He's in my prayers.

TTFN
~chris
Old 11-13-2004, 04:28 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

p/s what happened to everybody's tickers? Or is this just a glitch with my computer?

~chris
Old 11-13-2004, 05:20 PM   #13  
Curves 6-week solution

Hey everyone just checking in between nervouse breakdowns! LOL Just kidding actually it's going pretty good. I have 10 of my 30 sources cited and ready to go for Monday and now I am typing out my outline. Outlines aren't too bad unless it's for a 20 page paper! AHHHH anyway I took a break to go get my sugar free fat free mocha from Dutch Bros. Do you all have drive through coffee shops or is that just something in Oregon? I love them, so fast and easy and now that they are using sugar free stuff it gives me a treat I enjoy without all the guilt like the DQ blizzard gave me last night! LOL

As far as being OP I usually give myself a break on the weekends and try to have at least one meal OP but if the rest of the day is a bust I try not to worry about it. Just try not to go too overboard. So I've have a couple pieces of pizza today, water and a coffee so I'm not doing too bad. I'm sure I've gained those 2 pounds back but it's only a temporty water gain I think.

Deana HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sorry I'm not as creative as Michelle but the thought is there LOL!! Hope you have a great day, good job still getting to curves even though you woke up late. I always feel wiped when I wake up late and I usually don't do much of anything so Kudos for that. Also AWESOME about the 5 down!! That is so cool. Don't you just feel great! For your next mini goal I would make sure you set one that follows your losing patterns. So calcuatle how much you lost from when you started till now and average it and do the same for your future goal and make sure they are similiar. I always set mine kind of low so I know I will make it so I don't get down on myself. Anyway just a suggestion. Hope you are having a great day!!

Chris I am listing stuff on E-bay too! I have a couple pairs of pants on there. My user ID is hurley1751, what is yours? I love e-bay!! I love making the extra money and just watching my auctions go, it's so exciting. Glad you got some sleep with that brace on your arm. Glad it helped. I got more sleep last night than i have gotten all week so I feel pretty good now. Oh ya and as far as sizes go I am usually a 7 or 7.5 hope that helps. Good job on the cleaning!

Hi Penny you busy little bee you! So cool about the newspaper article. You are raising so much awareness for this cause! You are awesome! I am so jelous about Disney World!! I'm sure we will be able to go one of these days, just need to wait till the little ones are old enough to enjoy it! Hope you are having a great day, we miss you around here!

Hey Ginny glad the party went good, it's all about having it somewhere other than your house. I hate cleaning and cleaning then to just have a bunch of people mess it up again, you know? Plus our house is small so it just doesn't work out very good, anyway hope you get your dd laundry done. I would have made her do it herself!! LOL

Hi Michelle, you don't have to whip me, I am a chronic procrastinator and it always gets done, just need that last minute pressure to kick in and I'm good to go! LOL That is crazy you are talking about the Golden Birthday because mine is on the 17th and when I turned 17 that year seemed like the best year ever for me. I just thought it was a coincidence! LOL Kind of strange! My dh's is the day after yours but he has a few years till his golden so we'll see what happens. Kind of cool though!

Ok enough time wasting from me. DH is keeping the dd out of the office so I can have it all to myself. He just changed her poopy diaper and asked if I would do it and I told him no but he didn't argue LOL I think he was just joking anyway. He knows I am not mommy till about 5 tonight! LOL OK TTYL ladies!
Old 11-13-2004, 05:35 PM   #14  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. I'm here. Sorry I was MIA. We had the Girl Scouts fundraiser today and it was okay, we were suppose to be there for 3 hours but because it was so cold, they cut us an hour short. YEAH!!! It was okay. Alisa is so shy, she doesn't say anything to anyone. But my mom, mil, dh's grandpa and uncle came and bought some. Also a friend I went to HS with saw us and bought some. Plus one of the GS, was so nice to Alisa and asked her to take the $ from the people and she would help her count back change, if any, to give to them. It was still a good learning experience I know.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEANA!!! YEAH!!! I hope you are having a great day and it continues going that way.

Jill, are you getting that homework done? Sometimes there are NO excuses for what kids, especially babies do. I mean really. They can be irritable for no reason or reasons we can't see. Alisa, when she was a baby, had ear infections all the time, but NEVER showed signs except a fever. When they're teething, it can do all kinds of things to them and simply being beside mommy makes things feel alot better. Could also be a dream.

Penny, you are one busy mama. But you are being busy doing some great things.

Hi to Michelle, Chris, Ginny, and all you other desperate housewives.

Well, I've got dinner going and I'm in for the night. I took a small nap and feel good. I slept pretty good last night. I feel like watching a good movie tonight, but not sure what's coming on. Well, I'll check back later. I've been craving coffee all day, need to go get some. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 07:43 PM   #15  
Curves 6-week solution

Me again! I haven't been here this much in a LONG time. Anyway I am still working on my outline and I think I will continue to work on it until I either get it done or get burnt out on it. I seem to be doing pretty good so far and not getting burnt out so might as well keep working. I'm assuming my family will be needing dinner soon but it's just BBQ pork chops, scalloped potatoes and green beans so I think dh can manage. We'll see. He just took dd with him to look at electrical stuff at the store so I guess i should be taking advantage of this time to get the rest of my work done. Hope you all are having nice dinners and time with your family. Post when you can, it's a nice break to read your posts now and then. TTYL!!