Old 08-17-2004, 03:13 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Chit Chat #70

Hello and Welcome to the wonderful group of women called the Jaded Ladies!!

We would love to have you join us in a little chit chat about weight loss and everday life.

So grab a cozy chair to snuggle in and a cup a something yummy and join us!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:22 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good Tuesday morning, Jaded Ladies!

Happy 22nd Birthday, Mindee!!!

Hope your birthday is a very happy one!

Marti - it was nice waking up to a new thread! Thank you for starting it!

TJ - thanks for doing the survey. You seem to be doing great with the exercising, and have prompted others to join you! Yay for that!

Susan - CG sounds mature with xw, not letting her manipulate him. Good luck with meeting him today. Remember, we want details! His emails are sweet....and he sounds like a real good dad. Can you just have Gaby's dad hand over the CS when he picks her up each week? No reason the post office needs to be involved, right, lol? Then he'd have no excuses...

Jen - will you be requesting a different med for the migraines? How's the night visit go?

Angie - my head is itchy now, lol, hope you were spared!

Shanna - why isn't DB working at something else until the winter job is available? And how do you know the advisor can't help you until you have tried? Their funding the college gets from the state is based partly on the success rate, so they are highly motivated to keep you in college and will do what they can to help. DH has to attend meetings all the time in regards to this, as he advises in addition to teaching. What can it hurt to try? But truly, DB's gotta pull his own weight.... I'm keeping you in my prayers!

Hi to the others.

Well, here it is, a little past 5 and I'm up already. No special plans, except Neal asked me to go with him to the VU bookstore and help him spend his gift certificate. Faculty gets 40% off today. Uh, yeah, I think I can do that, lol. They have the coolest sweatshirts and jackets, etc.

Not much else going on... bbl,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 07:07 AM   #3  
self portrait

Jana: just to let you know my DB is going to live off his savings to get one more full time term in, so he can graduate sometime next year. So, he is going to get a partime job or full time when winter term comes around. He has enough in savings, but it is sad to see him use it cause we were going to use that for a house down payment. It was money he received when his dad died over 20 years ago. very sad. I have already gotten 3357.00 free money to help pay for classes and books and scrubs and I got 7000 total in student loans to use for everthing else. But that is not going to cut it for living and the rest of school if I have to find a minimal wage job. I have dowloaded a form to try and get some food stamps if i qualify and downloaded the form to get into the job seeker program at the unemployment office that marti told me about. I am also going to look into the learn and earn program at the college or the off campus job program. Just don't know if with this short of notice, they will have anything for me. I am just so scared and stressed and appreciate your concern and prayers.
Anywho, Keep praying and crossing your fingers
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 07:58 AM   #4  
self portrait

I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MINDI!!!!!!
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:29 AM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi & Good Morning All~

Shanna~I just know everything will work out for the best.

Angie~yeah, that would be me too! Have you seen the stuff she gives away? So cool, of course I would love to go on her show period, not just for the gifts but hey the gifts would be an added bonus!

Marti~I will check out the thread. I was kind of wanting to keep track of the exercise and points on the challenge but I am up for what ever you ladies want to do.

Susan~hope you and the Cable Guy have a great time!

Mindee~ a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Hope your day is special.

Headed out to do some yard work a little later. Going to lay some brick down in the backyard. Haven't done much back there except plant grass. Going to put rock underneath the deck and eventually, hopefully soon will do a patio the rest of the length of the house from the deck on, but lined with brick. Then when it gets just a little cooler we are going to get two trees and plant a few bushes/shrubs. Not much though-I am a simple person and like things simple. Anyway, house is all clean and really don't have anything other than that planned for the day. Didn't go to PT yesterday afterall-was cancelled which I was happy about. Don't care to get out in the rain much. But by the time it came around the rain had stopped. So...that's my boring life, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-17-2004 at 10:32 AM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:30 AM   #6  

morning, all -

marti found me in the "buddy up" forum, and suggested I take a peek down here. good idea! my name is debbie, 35 y.o., married, no tots, sick of being in this particular body. i'm starting sloooowwwww, and this week only have two goals: get out of the house and move around, and get involved in this message board. the moving around hasn't gone exactly well as of yet, but it's only Tuesday, and today is a new day.

nice to meet everyone, hope to be around a little while!
debbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:36 AM   #7  
One day at a time

Hi and a big WELCOME to you Debbers!

Glad to have your aboard and look forward to getting to know you. I know what ya mean about the exercise. I usually aim for 3-5 days a week but lord knows it doesn't always happen. And getting involved with the boards is a great idea-you have come to the right place.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:12 PM   #8  

Default Hey All

Well another day goes by....... Im checking early today because tonight I have clinical and wont get in from the hospital til around 1100, so it'll be bed time for me when I roll in the house..It's so hard between work and school, juggling my diet and exercise.. I feel like I want to accomplish so much, but just cant find the time to do it!!! Anyway enough of my crying..... I'm going to catch up on some personals >>>

Jana : I agree with your idea on the WW soup, I actually had a bunch of
veggies to get rid of, so I made a big pot of soup and threw them
all in. I even added tomatoes and chick peas..... I really like it,
I just want to be careful not to make myself sick on it!!

Jen : It sounds like you're in the medical field as well, what field are you
in? It is tough though, Im doing my clinical at Rhode Island Hosp.
It's A Level I trauma center, so we get all of the major issues in
Mass and Connecticut as well. Cause we can handle any situation.
I dont know if you heard of The Station Fire disaster in RI last year.
Where a nightclub went up in flames and tons of people died or were
burned... They brought all the burn victims to us, and none of them
died!!!! So that was a big thing!! But it's very stressing, cause it
never slows down....

Cristi : I started reading the notebook last night and had a hard time
putting it down, It seems like a really good book.. and didnt I say
Im not into love tales>>??? Guess I was wrong cause this is a
love tale!!! Oh well

Debbers : Welcome into the Jaded Lady gang!!! Theres a bunch of awesome
people in the group and we check in everyday to say Hi, and talk
weight loss, or sometimes just get a bad day off our chest!! So
stick around!!!

Well to everyone else.... Have a nice afternoon and a good night......

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 01:26 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Happy Birthday Mindee!!!

Good morning ladies--

Jana: Not a problem with the new thread...but I could have sworn that I posted something last night and not just the new thread! It was close to bed time so I must be imagining things! I did do the survey yesterday. I didn't have any problems.

Shanna: Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Cristi: I don't think you have a boring life!! I would love to be able to landscape my yard in ANY way that I can. But with the heat and not having a whole lot of money for things AND my yard being full of weeds....it's just not on option right now. Or maybe.....it just plain laziness!! So why not come over to my house and spruce up my front yard for me??

Debbie: Glad to see you!! This board is a great place to be....it's helped me in so many ways!! So I hope you can stay with us for awhile! As for exercise....that used to be VERY hard for me to do, but I started finding things that I like to do rather than feeling that I HAVE to do this or else. Really makes a difference. And then after awhile when I see a noticably difference in my body I tend to do more and it kind of gives me motivation. (does that make sense?)

Julie: I can only imagine trying to juggle school and work! That is one thing I worry about Shanna knowing that she's taking 20 credits!! I struggled when I went to school with just keeping up the homework!! Sometime I felt like the intructors were ganging up on me and piling as much as possible! But back when I went to school, I was pregnant with my DD and then the next two years she was a baby then toddler. Being a student and mom is very much a handful!! I hope you start to feel a little less stressed with time and things feel better for you.

Good morning to the rest of you gals out there!!
Get your cup of coffee and then come visit!

Well today on my agenda is to finish my laundry, fill out my application and TRY to find my letter of recommendation from Sony that I have been tearing the house down looking for....then mail it to OML. Then later tonight I take Jhanai home. She plans on doing some chores for the money I'm giving her to go to the fair with.

Alright girls...

talk to you later
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 02:35 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Happy Birthday Mindee!! Hope you have a wonderful celebration!!!

Just spent over 2 hours with the cable guy! Very sweet man. I enjoyed visiting with him and finally meeting him.
He was there first - he had called at 7 o clock .......he wasn't sure where the Starbucks was........lol. He found it though obviously. He wore jeans and a white tee shirt.
He is a doll. I don't know what else to say, very easy to talk with and was instantly comfortable with him.
There was a very pretty green bug that stayed at our table ( we sat outside) kind of like a cricket??? CG knew the name but I forget........
ummm, he had a bible thing that he brought and we walked over to Kinko and I made a copy.
Stood outside and said good bye. He said " so , I can continue to email you??"........
Of course.........gave him a hug and he said I was a pleasant lady, he enjoyed meeting me.

That was that........he has mannerisms (sp) like Howie Mandel .,.......and that made me laugh. He is so cute with his hand motions,must be the Italian in him?

Anyway, need to get to the girls and see them before I get to work.

Ma Jana ..............the state takes the money out of his unemployment. If they didn't I wouldn't get anything.
He called last night and said " I don't know why we went from getting close to you being distant now"...........will duh..........he lied.

Did I answer your question??? lol..........so scattered brain!!!! omg- I met him- yay.............

ttfn
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:06 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - your ideas for your back yard sound really nice. I also like things simple! Is the brick to make a walk, or to section things off? I would absolutely love to make a courtyard somewhere close to the house... that has always been a dream of mine.

Shanna - I'm sure things will work out.

Welcome Debbie!

Marti - it's really cool that Jhanai is earning her own money for the fair. Did you find the letter from Sony? I'm sending you lots and lots of good vibes for this job!

Susan - was the bug a katydid? That's what I call my Katie. Glad your date with the CG went well! He sounds like a real sweetie. OMG! I forgot about Howie Mandel! I used to love him - and his mannerisms are charming. Reminds me of Alf.... remember him?

Hi to the others.

I finally got the laundry done, and updated my weight loss book. Also spent some time with a friend. Gonna go pull some weeds before sunset....

See you tomorrow!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 07:15 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

lol
I remember Alf.
I don't know what the bug was called. Very graceful little thing, very pretty. Didn't fly away or anything.
Just watching him talk made me smile. He is a good guy. If we can even just be friends , that would be really nice. I loved Howie Mandel.........his eyes and hands flying around reminded me of Howie......

The morning coffee is now making me sick!!

Miss my Gaby- get her back tomorrow! The older girls are going camping tomorrow.....

Enjoy your weeding Jana........really a good way to reduce stress!!

ttfn
Old 08-17-2004, 09:24 PM   #13  

UGH, I hate working all day. I wanna come in here and see what you guys are up to. It's not fair. I don't wanna work anymore. Oh well. Not much I can do about it.

Today we had a big thunderstorm role through this afternoon, and finally, no more migraine. I may ask my doc to increase the dosage again. I've got tons of room to go up. We are trying to find the lowest dose that will be effective. This could take awhile. If it doesn't work, there are other meds to try.

MINDEE - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Even though it's almost over. Hope you had a good time!

Jana - The night visit actually went pretty well. I wouldn't mind doing that more often, if it wasn't in addition to working regular hours all day. I was so busy today, I worked through lunch. I know, terrible thing to do, but just didn't have the time. Tomorrow I'm taking something with me!

Susan - I'm glad your meeting with CG went well. I hope that it continues to go well for you. You deserve it. You have dealt with enough turds already!

Marti - Any definate word yet on that job? This may be a late and stupid question, but what is OML?

Julie - That nightclub fire, what that Great White? I heard of that last year. What a tragedy, all for some stupid pyro. I'm an RN. Got my diploma in '95, my BSN in '02 (while working cardiac) so that was a treat. I've done rehab, cardiac, and surgical. Also taught CNA's at the community college. Thought I'd really like that but I didn't. Now I'm a supervisor for shift care at the hospitals home care company. That's the nice thing about healthcare, there are so many options.

Debbers - Welcome! You have definately found your way to the best group! But then again, I am biased!

Cristi - Oh, I have so much yard work I want to do. I'm no where close to done, but is anyone ever done? Your yard sounds like it is going to turn out nice. I'm hoping to have the major clean-up done this fall and I can do the fun planting next spring.

Shanna - Don't give up yet. You may be surprised. Somehow, I don't know how, but my mom got food stamps after my dad died. She had a house and 2 cars. Granted, no income, but still had some assets. Give it a try before you throw in the towel. You at least owe yourself that much!

Well, time to get myself relaxed and ready for bed. Maybe tomorrow I can eat breakfast, and lunch, and get out of work at a decent time. It's so hard to be so darn needed! What would that place do if I took a week off? Maybe we should find out!

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:26 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Peeking in ready to start my second shift.......what a long day!

Welcome Debbie
Thanks Jen I was extremely enthralled with a bug today. I don't think CG could compare - though he seemed to take delight in how easily amused/entertained I can be.......lol.

With all this talk on soup. I will say that back in the mid 80's I lost 110 pounds from Feb to Sept...........8 months.
I don't recommend it at all but I did do it buy just eating a veggie soup that I made from V-8 juice. I would put in carrots, a potato,green beans, onions,cabbage....sometimes hamburger. That, along with eating a teaspoon of peanut butter....(Not with the soup...lol)......I don't RECOMMEND this.....but......if you wanna lose 110 in 8 months......only must have been 600 calories a day.........so not healthy!

Your Neal sounds wonderful Jana.......I think you were talking about him in a PM (??) Someday that is the kind of man I would love to find and make a life with.......I wouldn't settle for anything less....I would rather be single.......lol

k- gotta get to work!

ttfn

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-17-2004 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:27 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Good evening ladies~

I am too pooped to do individuals but wanted to pop in and say Hey-HEY!

See you ladies tomorrow.