Old 08-17-2004, 11:58 PM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Good evening girls--

I have such a headache.... That's the one thing about letting my hair grow out that I don't enjoy....the headaches. My hair is so thick and when it's hot I need to pull it up....and it doesn't even have to be tight...just up and within an hour I have aches!

Susan--Glad that your meeting with CG went well and that he was a sweetheart. Hope you have many more meetings together and that there are no "surprises" like Mr. Les.... I think when you find someone that you can just sit there and look at him and just smile...that is something special.

Jana--I can not for the life of me find that letter! I went through the entire house. I managed to find James letter, then found a copy of HIS letter in some other stacks!! Where could I have possibly put that thing? Anyone want to come over and help me find it?

Jen--Nope, no definate word on the job. I think I have it just need to get the application in. OML stands for Oregon Medical Laboratories. And the job I applied for is "Speciman Processor" which is someone who does the blood and urine testing and all....but you probably already knew that with your line of work being medical!

Cristi--Get some rest! I bet your yard is looking marvelous! Will you take pictures when it's all finished?

Well I took my sweety home tonight. She was looking forward to seeing her friends tomorrow. The next weekend I have her we will do some clothes shopping for school. She is very into a style this year. Only gets better doesn't it?

I'm going to go lay on the couch and nurse my head. You all have a good night!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:22 AM   #17  
a work in progress

Default long time no see...

Hi guys...I miss ya...life has been crazy...

I've been working lots of mandatory overtime, and filling in for a lot of senior reps for vacations. Tim started back to school at night 4 nights a week (will soon be down to 2, but they also changed his hours with no notice and he has to be at work between 5:45 and 6:00 am each day). Mike, my 18 year old, started school 3 days a week during the day, and works nights until 10 pm Sun-Thurs, and still doesn't have his license, so guess who gets to chauffeur? At least he can take the train to school, but he rides as far as my work with me...

I briefly read through this most recent chit-chat thread...glad CG seems to be a nice guy, Susan

Oh mannnn...it's 9:20, still need a shower, haven't eaten dinner, and need to be up at 4:45 am...this sux. Oh well, at least everyone has jobs...

Anyway, as crazy as things have been, I've been thinking of ya, and will try to pop in more often....

Hugs,
Katie
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:35 AM   #18  
my dad made me1 from wood

Hiya guys,
It's been a while everything has gotten crazy with James getting out he starts clearing tomorrow which is going to make everything more hectic what fun hehe... I haven't had to time count calories or exercise but i figured with a much as we have been going it ok with the exercise food however has been awful...
Mindee- Happy 22nd b-day
Susan- Glad ur date went well...
Jen- Sounds like work would be totally lost without maybe they'd have a melt down hehe..
Marti, how old is ur daughter?
My niece is 6 she is in love with makeup and dresses. My other niece who is 3 loves playing dress up and being a princess hehe...
Katie- Sound super busy there...
Well I'm off I have time to shower and eat some ceral that about it.Have a great day ladies...
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:44 AM   #19  
GmaTo8

It's Wednesday!

Susan - give the Gabster a big hug from Grandma Jana, ok? How long will the older girls be gone? I hope you do find someone like Neal... maybe you already have? Time will tell....

Jen - adjusting meds can be a pain in the patooty. Neal's B/P med has taken a long time to get it right. Have you already had your vacation for the year? Take a day or two and meet me in Danville IL!

Cristi - hope you are rested and ready to take on the world today. I took 1 Excederin PM (generic wannabe) last night so I feel great today. Hate to do that, though.

Marti - hope your headache is gone! Take $$$ when you go clothes shopping. The summer stuff is on sale, but the cute new winter things are pricey in the mall stores that you mentioned before like The Limited. Katie got several things at Old Navy, and they always have good prices. The accessories are what kill ya. Hope you found the letter!

Katie - so good to see you!!! Hope you stop in more often and chat with us. Life is busy, though. My chauffeuring days are long gone and in some weird way I sort of miss them. Have you had time to do any scrapbooking?

RosieKate - if you're reading this, I hope you know I'm thinking of you and hoping all is going well.

Well, I've got good news! (I saved on my car insurance with Geico, ) Dale got a more reliable job - this one's in maintenance at VU. Now Mary can go to part time in a few weeks. I will be watching the kids for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the late afternoon since their shifts overlap. But this is only on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. This will be so good for them, financially, and me, too, since they insist on paying me a little something for babysitting.

Better get, bbl,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:24 PM   #20  
kitty Momo

Good Morning..........

What do you mean that James is "clearing"??? What is he clearing Heather?? lol...........confused.

Missed you Katie! Sounds like you have been busy down south.....

Jana- Your Neal and Cristi's Vince sound like wonderful men..........I don't know if I have met a man like that or not. Like you said "time tells." Through all my whining I do know what I want and while I was comfortable with CG -- I just don't know.
He seems (on reflection....lol) like a player. I say that only because he said something like " so, you like to park on the street when you are downtown....instead of in the parking lot?"....

huh??? I never said that. I go " you must have me mixed up with another girl, I have never said that"....he looked kind of sheepish.

I like him, I just don't think we are a match or each others type. I think he is friendly and funny.

Think I am picky??? lol.....Praying Mantis, that was the bug

Gabrielle comes home tonight!~~ I will give her MANY hugs and a couple from Grandma Jana,,,,she has been gone waaaaaay too long. Rebecca and Rachel will just be gone til 3 pm tomorrow. I went over this morning and gave Rebecca a sleeping bag.

Saw that my favorite coffee shop is closed down!!

better get back to work!

ttfn

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-18-2004 at 01:55 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 05:19 PM   #21  

Posting quickly at the moment......

I found my letter of recommendation!!!!

I had searched this house up and down, and this morning I was talking with James, when all of a sudden it popped in my head to look one more place--the shed.

I went in there to find this box of all my old papers.....opened it up and what do you know???----right on top!!

So I was pleased!

Had to share that with you...I'm off to spend time with James before he leaves will be back for individuals.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:02 PM   #22  
kitty Momo

I am glad you found what you needed to Marti.......

I have been having a hard 24 hours.

1] pmsing
2] missing Gaby
3]waaaaay too much coffee
4] not enough sleep
5] missing Gaby
6] tense on what CG is all about
7]missing Gaby..........lol

so, maybe I am being too hard on CG?? He doesn't owe me anything....he can do whatever he wants?? mmmm, ya. I am asking........lol

I get Gaby in 3 hours!!!!! wooooooooo hoooooooo.........my little bed bug partner!!

Had a Cobb salad from McDonalds, so good, nice change of pace.

best get!

ttfn
Old 08-18-2004, 06:05 PM   #23  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies~

Didn't have the chance to post much this morning. For some reason I slept till 9-haven't done that in a while-I don't think. I guess I was just really pooped after being out in that hot sun yesterday. Then had to get to PT by 11-was 1 minute late only to have to wait for 35 mns. DD and I went to the show to see Harold & Kumar go to White Castle or something like that. It was funny. Ran a couple of errands and now I am trying to catch up on laundry-never ending battle.

Jana~about the brick in the patio, the brick will section things off, kind of like a trim. There will be three big squares of concrete outlined with the brick-does that make sense? Not sure if I am explaining it right. I did awake feeling good, and refreshed. V gives a great foot massage and that helped tremendously. Man my feet were hurting.

Marti~Hope you are feeling better and glad you found the letter. What would have happend if you didn't? When my hair was long I would get headaches also, but not from my hair being long-too thin, but from wearing it up in a rubberband or clip. Definitely will take pictures of the back when we are done. I have been taking pictures of everything we do because I am doing a scrapbook.

Jen~glad the migraine went away.

Julie~I do remember the nightclub incident-that was just horrible.

Susan~sounds like you basically starved yourself to lose the 100+, and in such a short amount of time! But you did it and you continue to do great keeping it off so kudos to you! I've got 50+ to get off and am always struggling. I lose a little and then quit only to start over. But I think it's good that I haven't given up completely. Aaahh, you're a sweetie to say that about V but I have to agree. I can be quite hard on the man and he is still such a sweetie, such a special man. And I know when you find your Mr. Right you will know immediately. And NO you are not being picky-you just know what you are looking for. My friends used to tell me I was picky. Why settle for what you know in your heart is not the right one?

Katie~so glad to you see checking in. We have missed you. Hope things settle down for you soon. I am still chauffering my DD and she is 20!! But we are working on the driving and she is getting better. Don't get me wrong, she can drive and she does fine but I am a little leary to let her out on her own right now, not that she is in a hurry to get out on her own and drive. She has a problem staying focused and that is not good.

Heather~I'm curious also what clearing is?

Hi to everyone else I missed Shanna, Angie, TJ, RosieKate (hope you are having a wonderful time on vac), Sue and anyone I may have missed unintentionally.

Need to go finish laundry and get dinner started in an hour. I may try to get back on here later, not a promise. I want to get some more reading done this evening. Take care ladies-see ya later.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-18-2004 at 06:17 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 06:14 PM   #24  
One day at a time

Hiya Susan

Sorry you are stressing/tensing about CG and pms'ing and missing Gaby. Just keep thinking she will be home soon. Don't know what to say abou the Cable Guy, what you said he said kind of threw me for a loop. What was that about?! I had read or saw somewhere that a person shouldn't make up their mind about a person after the first date, that it usually takes three dates. While I don't agree I do think it is different for each person. Me-I knew on the first date whether or not I wanted to continue with a second date. Of course their were times (only two) I would get mixed messages and thought okay, maybe one more date to see. So you might want to continue a little and see what happens.

Anyway, yadda, yadda, yadda...I need to get going laundry is still waiting!
Old 08-18-2004, 06:52 PM   #25  

Unhappy Hey Ladies!!!

Well I'm wiped out today, so my personals will have to wait. I got stuck at the hospital til 11:30 last night and then had to go to sleep to get up at 5:15 for my day job... It's really getting harder now, the bookwork is more intense and that combined with the 20 clinical hours a week at night and my 40 hour day job really sucks!!!!! However today I needed to blow off some smoke, so I walked 4 miles on my lunch hour through the city of Providence and then when I came home I jogged for 15 on my treadmill and did some freeweights..
Surprisingly my diet has remained strictly on track so far this week, so Im proud to keep that going, I hope if I can just maintain losing a little weight each week, that I will feel a little better about my current situation... Also I'm having some boyfriend issues!!! We've been engaged for 1 1/2 years now and hes still singing the same tune he was 6 years ago when I met him. Im starting to question now , how long I wanna wait on him to get his life in order?? So needless to say, I've got a lot on my plate right now!! Well TATA for now, I hope everyone else had a fairly good day and that everyone is making healthy choices!!!! I'll check back tomorrow...

Night Girlies
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:01 PM   #26  
kitty Momo

Hiya Cristi!!

ummmm.......I lost 110 back in mid 80 - that is the one that took 8 months- with the soup.
I gained back though and stayed 245/250 from 93 to 1998 when I started losing weight again. I took 17 months this time to lose 110 pounds. I was happy about that time and used Slim Fast....hit goal in Feb 2000......

This is CG morning email

hi! susan,how is your morning going?thanks for writing back, that was a nice visit with you yesterday, god has given you a good heart and a gentle spirit.i am glad you are reading your "who am i list" that is really awesome to know who we really are in christ and not what the world would say!....or the devils lies! i am working out this morning, i did not sleep well last night, it was muggy out! oh well ill take a nap later today.tha praying mantis was cool ....i think they are a christian bug because.......they pray!! .....lol.i looked in the mirror today and i was trying to see the howie mandel trying to get out,but i didnt see him yet!......you must know something i dont! ha!ha!ha! im sorry you were having a hard evening without your daughter,i will pray for you that you will have strength and peace in your heart,that god will give that to you! blessings to you! your friend , michael.

Am I in a PMS fog?? I logged on and saw that he had been on the singles site where we met yesterday..........that is what triggered my being annoyed....I hadn't been on in 3 weeks........I guess I was curious, I guess I was being nosy...to see if he had been back.
Anyway,,,,,,,,,,,this is all high school stuff.

I need to shape up and just accept his friendship.......and that is all it is for now.....

1 hour til I can go get Gabster!!! yahoooo

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-18-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:55 PM   #27  

Hi girls--

James just left a few minutes ago and so I thought before I head to town to do some errands I would visit for awhile!!

Katie--Always glad to see you pop in. You have a busy schedule!! Makes me feel guilty at times when I read all the post and see how busy everyone is and I'm doing nothing! Can't imagine what I'm going to do when I finally retire!

Heather--Add me to the list of girls who doesn't know what clearing is. Does that have something to do with the military?

Jana--Jhanai & I saw the flyer for Old Navy and she spotted some outfits that she's wanting. I wouldn't mind having the same outfits!! So next weekend we will be going there. She wants to go to Limited Too, but it's so expensive WITH the sales!! I don't understand that! (I'm cheap)

Susan--I agree with Cristi about not judging someone on the first date. The man that I met, fell in love with, and then married......well let me tell you the first week of working with James....I did not like him one bit. But eventually I understood the situation he was in and why he was acting the way he was and got to know him in a whole different light. And now I can't even imagine not ever liking him. He is so sweet, caring, loving, romantic and I can go on and on here..... So I say...take it slowly, let the PMS get out of your system and see what happens as time goes on.

Julie--Engaged for 1 1/2 yrs? Wow....and together for 6? Maybe it's time to have a talk and see where he see's the relationship going? That is a long time and you're still so young. (oops sorry...I'm starting to sound like Dear Abby) As for your exercising...you're doing great! I'm proud of you!! Keep it up and you know you'll see a difference on the scale. And if you don't see it every week...don't get discouraged....you could be developing muscle and that's a good thing too! So grab your measuring tape and measure!

Cristi--Nothing would happen if I didn't find the letter. In fact I had written a letter to the man I'm sending the stuff to explaining the situation and gave him some names of other references. He wanted the letter (he's also from Sony) because it's a good reference. As for the hair....I try to pull it up with a clip thingy....hard to explain, and I also try to keep it loose so it doesn't pull. See....that's another thing that women have to put up with--pain to look beautiful and be comfortable!!

Hello to the rest of the Jaded Ladies!!!

Got to spend more time with James today than the last time he was home. That was a nice surprise. Then Friday night he's calling in for his four days off...I told him I want to spend an entire day with him at the coast relaxing.....just me, him and the camera!! He said ok.....we'll see if we do!

Ok girls I'm going to run to walmart then visit some friends.....I will check in later
Old 08-18-2004, 09:11 PM   #28  

Well gals, don't really have much to say today. I'm in one of those moods. For starters, couldn't get to sleep last night, so started off tired today. Then, quickly, it turned into one of those days. Every phone call is more bad news, another problem to deal with. I think I'm just going to forward my phone to voicemail and never answer it again. I guess some weeks are just like that! At least with this weekend, DBF will be over, and Sunday night we are going to a Metallica/Godsmack concert. And it's close enough that it's walking distance from my house, like 1/3 of a mile at most. At least I have that to look forward to. I have a feeling tomorrow and Friday are going to be very long days. UGH!

I'm off to bed, early tonight. It's storming. I have a bit of a headache. Not bad, but enough to annoy me. And I'm tired. Might as well get caught up on sleep. I don't feel like doing anything else. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:29 PM   #29  
One day at a time

Evening ladies~

Jen~hope tomorrow is a better day for ya. Hope you get some sleep tonight. And enjoy the concert this weekend.

Julie~same with you, hope tomorrow is a better day for ya. About DBF, I too would say hey, what's up? Are we going to do this or what?? Funny though the second time for me I was in no hurry to get married, was content with just living together. I knew we would marry so...I have a friend who after 5 years told her BF she was getting older and wanted at least one kid and wanted to know what he wanted to do-get married or get out. She gave him an ultimatum and he proposed and they started planning the wedding.

Marti~James schedule seems kind of off the wall but it seems you guys get to spend quite a bit of time together, so far.

Susan~I do remember you saying you had lost the weight twice and glad it came off slower the second time. They always say the faster if comes off you are more than likely to gain it all back. And you have done an awesome job keeping it off! I applaud you. If I could stomach the slim fast shakes I would try them-don't care for the shakes in a can. I should just start eating soup and salad every day or just starve myself. I swear some days I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Anyway...I guess I would be doing the same with Michael. His emails sound so sweet and sincere. About Howie Mandel-I LOVE Howie Mandel!! That man makes me laugh so hard. Seems I have a thing for Canadians. Did you know he is color blind and his wife picks out his clothes? Sweet man, funny man. Gotta love a guy with a sense of humor.

Okay, I am babbling now. Still doing laundry, well, have a load in the dryer I am waiting on and then I will put them all up. I fold the clothes on my bed and am so anal about the towels and such being put away a certain way so won't put them away until everything is done. Best get going. Nighty, night all.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:24 PM   #30  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Do you guys have Boston Pizza's in the States? Cause there is one near our house and Howie Mandell was there a couple of months ago doing a commercial. He is hilarlous,,,love his little kid voice.

So Im wondering if today was the official JL off day thing,,,
I didn't get enough sleep last night, I was like a cleaning whirl wind once I got home from work,,,scrubbed all the bathrooms with a toothbrush almost, more laundry,,,blankets and such. Im thinking of putting all the bedding and towels not in use into garbage bags...so far no one else on the team has head live but Im so freaked out.
I came home took Bran for his hep A shot and once home he started in with fighting with Tan,,,I was so fed up, I went and read my book in my room,,,this was after telling them they can continue to fight all they want but they are losing more, no football and no friends. Right now they are watching a movie and eating cookies like they are best friends...Im still ticked and they know it. I didnt' take Tan to football and Bran had no internet/phone.
Im delaying making my reports from last week,,,I hate this part...boring.

Well better face the music...
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote