Old 08-17-2004, 08:08 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #247 * 8/17

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 08:22 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

QOTD: WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE ACTOR & ACTRESS?
Answer: I have ties; Nicholas Cage/John Travolta * Drew Barrymore/Julia Roberts.

Michelle, you have two of the prettiest girls. They are so cute. I love that paint technique you're doing. That looks good.

Spryng, so glad you and the kids got to see dh. When will he be back in for the weekend? Thanks for adding me to your yahoo messenger.

Jill, hope you got some sleep. Thanks for adding me to your yahoo messenger. Glad you liked your class.

Penny, glad you got something new. I need something so bad, but dh HATES and REFUSES to get a minivan and anything else, SUV, is too expensive. I'm too upside down on my jeep to get a used. Thanks for adding me to your yahoo.

Cindi, so sorry about last night. I had put the kids to bed and then there was an ant situation I had to tend to then Andrew got up and so on and so on. We'll try to chat today.

Hello to Geri, Ginny, Melinda, Mel, Leigh, Mindee, Deana, Ricci and EVERYONE else I missed.

I'm kind of boggled this morning, I slept in until 630 then messed with the yahoo stuff. I'm getting started just a bit late this morning which isn't the end of the world. Slept great. Went to bed right after 1000, Andrew woke up at around 130 took a bottle and went back to sleep. I did too until 630 when the alarm went off. Great sleep, huh?

Okay my checklist for today is:
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Clean Kitchen x2
school
nap
strip beds/wash sheets
dust my bedroom
wash car seat covers/ yes I didn't do it yesterday.

Hey, my mom's curtains came in yesterday, but I'm not telling her or putting them up until tomorrow I think.
I'll be back later to check in.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:23 AM   #3  
SAHM of 3

BTW, I'm 4 months TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 08:32 AM   #4  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning ladies !!!

I slept okay last night but was late getting to bed so therefore kept hitting snooze this morning.

I bought that digital scale last night and weighed in this morning, so I guess Tuesdays will be the weigh day. I only having to adjust my starting weight by .5.....I was really close.

Michelle: The pictures you posted last night were so nice. The living room/dining room is looking really good. The brighter color will make it seem bigger when you get it all done. The kids are sooooooo cute and it looked like everyone had a great time. Can't tell dh you live in Montana, he wants to live there or Wyoming.....it's a standing joke with us that if we ever won a sweepstakes or lottery he would get to visit but it had to be a round trip ticket or I won't let him leave lol.

I think I'm going to check out flylady today and read the basics......I need the help.......then get started, dh will be home from work in about 20 minutes and then to bed so I want to surprise him with what I have done when he gets up this afternoon

Better get started, I'm not cleaning anything sitting here.

Have a GREAT Day everyone, will check back later.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:12 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Ladies

Michelle,
The room is looking absoutely gorgeous! I liked the green but the new texture is soooo pretty! Great Job And it looks like Taylor ... and Teagan had a blast..lol HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR Congrats on the great loss! WOOHOO!

Ok Ladies... Michelle is showing us up! We all gotta get on gear today! I gotta run some small errands today but I would love to do an exercise challenge! Actually I NEED an exercise challenge.....lol

Deana,
Congrats on getting the new scale! Hooray!! What is your weigh in day?

Leigh,
Hope you get back on track soon! You are doing so awesome!

Jill,
That class sounds so neat!~ I am glad your class is shortened and you still get credit..... that's always a bonus! I miss you Hope we can chat soon !!!

Crystal,
Thanks for adding me back to your yahoo...lol

Geri,
Come on girl! Let's get this thing rolling! You are so close to the other side! We are here for you!!!!

Cindi,
Ok maybe we need a big challenge for everyone to get us all on track and stay there! I know what you mean about doing great for so long and then not being about to get through one day! We can do this lady!

Spryng,
It sounds like you had a great trip! Congrats to dh for the new truck! Now you are gonna have to do the whole week trip over again so you can ride in the new truck Has he heard anything about the job? Sorry don't mean to jinx it He is still in our prayers Don't fret the Chinese! We are all back on track today!!!

Ok menus?

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs... 1 whole, 1 white
ff spray butter... 1 sl 2% cheese

Snack:
peach

Lunch:
Lean pocket Yum

Snack:
Banana

Supper:
Red beans and healthy choice sausage
brown rice

Snack:
weight watchers 1 pt carrot cake
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:39 AM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Mornin' . . . slept pretty well, though lately I've had a hard time falling asleep initially, but then sleep well. Today Liam and I are walking to the park so I can take some photos of him. It's so hard to believe he's almost ten months old now. It's strange because before being a mother, I always preferred toddlers to infants - I've never been a huge baby lover, never liked babysitting, etc. But now that it's my baby, I want him to stay a baby! LOL.

Spryng- DH's truck sounds beautiful! I also love Chinese food as a "junk" food type thing. But I can order healthy items if I'm being super good or saving points for something. I truly am at the point where I'm feeling thoroughly disgusted with myself and am ready to make the change. I think DH might come home tonight or tomorrow, so I'll then be able to have a full trip to the grocery store and make OP choices . . .

Michelle- on the incredible loss!!!! The house looks beautiful!! Taylor looks soooo excited- how cute You're doing lots of home improvements. Glad ya'll are having fun, fun, fun.

Crystal- on being 4 months! It sounds like Andrew is sleeping better lately- that's good. I'm so glad to hear he still wants a bottle at night - Liam does too, but I have a friend who thinks that's insane and he should sleep through the night by now. But he's only ten months . . . I mean, I'm pretty sure he won't be waking up for a bottle when he's five, so what's the big deal??? LOL.

Deana- good luck with flylady. I may try getting back into that again too. So is there anywhere in Montana you'd consider living?

Penny- as for getting back on track, read my message to Spryng above LOL . . . I'm at the breaking point. Where do you get WW 1 point carrot cake? I've seen some for 4 points, but I LOVE carrot cake! Your plan for today looks great -

QOTD: Favorites- Frances McDormand, Bruce Willis, Adam Sandler, Denzel Washington, Marg Helgenberger (but in terms of fantasy/sexiness I have to say Antonio Banderas, thoughI try not to see him in interviews because he seems very strange in real life which ruins it for me - and I hate Melanie Griffith LOL).

After I hear from DH, I'll let ya'll know what day I'm going back OP. Probably Thursday or Frday. When Liam wakes up we're off to the park
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:10 AM   #7  
SAHM of 3

Leigh, my mother thinks it's crazy that my kids don't sleep through the night. Ally didn't until she was around 2 1/2 years and Andrew is going on 21 months and never has. It is weird but it's not unheard of.
Glad you slept well. Liam is almost 10 months, between 6 and 12 months is the best. They are so lovable and huggable, then they grow up, LOL!!!
Andrew can still be lovable and huggable at times. I love those times.
Gotta go, we're gonna start school around 10. I like starting anywhere between 9 and 10.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!

Ok, I have made the descision that I just HAVE to get some exercise in!! Like Leigh I feel like I am at a breaking point with that too. It's just that I could lose another 50 lbs and still not see what I want to see with my body.. I need toning and definition and to increase my lean muscle and decrease my body fat percentage. That isn't going to happen with just losing lbs.
So today I will be doing my flylady stuff and then The Firm... the 50 min one. If I could just do that one 3x's a week it would do something for me. Maybe walk on the off days with the kids. What do you all think?? I'm thinking about trying to get up earlier to get exercise in, like at 6 am... that would mean me getting to bed earlier and maybe no late night posting from me, but I know you would all understand. Tell me what you would all suggest??
Ok, dinner tonight will be what I had planned for last night- baked parmesan salmon
Breakfast- bagel with cream cheese and jam
lunch- lean pocket with chips

QOTD-- my fav actor is probably Nic Cage... LOVE HIM!! I have lots that tie for second. Actress- Gwnyth Paltrow and many more seconds.

Michelle, congrats on that amazing loss for the week! What have you been doing that is revamping your weight losses?? Did your family notice the weight loss? And your remodle is looking so great!! Very pretty and that color is really going to open that room up! And that party looked like fun too! Sounds like you have been busy and seem very happy.

Crystal, I don't think it is crazy that your kids don't sleep through the night. I couldn't handle it though, my kids are great sleepers. I have to have uninterrupted sleep to function the next day. Congrats on hitting 4 months! Do you fee like it is going quickly? and yes, dh will be home this friday for the weekend.

Leigh, I really do understand your frustration! Hang in there, we are here for you! Have fun at the park.

Penny, no dh still hasn't hear anything about that job position. But I think they said they were creating the position so maybe it's not ready for someone to take over yet. Who knows. So what did you end up doing yesterday? Did you see that friend?

Deana, I'm excited for you to start flylady! I really think it's a great program. Just don't over do it... she says baby steps so that you don't get burned out. Let us know how you like it!

Well I didnt get my evening routine done last night since I got home late, so I'm off to do both my evening and morning... TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

oh, I have a question for you... what are some lunch ideas for kids?? I think mine are getting tired of PB&J or ramen noodles, lol... I need some good lunch ideas for this next week.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:55 AM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, I always buy one lunchable per kid. They love them and I love them, LOL!! So once a week they get those, I also make cheese quesadillas. Grilled cheese or grilled ham and cheese. Sometimes we have chicken nuggest and mac and cheese or corn on the cob. Sometimes just rotel cheese dip and chips, I like to add sausage, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I have no idea what today will be, probably sandwiches. Sometimes frozen pizza too.
I don't really feel like this preg. is going fast enough, but 4 months usually is a turning point for me. I just haven't even really felt pregnant. I mean, I'll catch myself starting to play with the kids and chasing them and then I stop and realize I shouldn't do that. I am still wearing some of my regular clothes, I usually leave them unbuttoned though. But by this time with my others I was already totally into maternity clothes.
Anyways, we're starting school.
TTYL
Old 08-17-2004, 10:59 AM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Have a great day guys! Get some exercise for me!! I will check in with you ladies tonight!! I miss you!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Guys!! I hope you all have a great day!!! I miss you soooo much!!

MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:07 PM   #13  
2BoysMom

Good morning all

Hey, a morning post from me . Will's down here with me and Tony's upstairs with my Mom. I have to take our Explorer in today for some service. The rear washer/wiper doesn't work at all and the passenger lock rattles in the door. It's a 1999 but is in great shape and I want to keep it that way!

Jill, have fun at school!

Spryng, hurray for you planning exercise into your day! I think 3 days a week is fine and some walking on your off days can't hurt either! Let me know if you need a push! Lunch here is pb&j alot, easy mac (generic brand), sometimes yogurt and crackers, hot dogs...mostly pb&j though.

Crystal, why can't you run around and play with the other kids? Did you have problem pregnancies in the past? I wrestled around with Will all the time til I was in my last trimester and had a heck of a time getting up off the floor. Just curious

Leigh..every child is different. Tony's 15 months and wakes up for his nook...hey, come to think of it he didn't last night at all! Woo hoo! Of course, both boys were up at 6:30 . He's been off the bottle since he was a year though so no milk at night. Like I said, after vacation we'll work on that nook. Spryng...you get used to not sleeping straight through the night . How was your walk in the park? I'm back OP today...so you get there too OK? We'll do this together!

Cindi... I wish I knew why we sabatoge ourselves! You can do this...I can do this...Leigh can do this...we all can do this. But don't EVER feel you can't post. We need eachother here!!!

Michelle, great pics! It's turnign out great! Happy bday to Taylor
Congrats on the great loss!!!!!
We miss you!

Penny... good for you planning your menu! Spryng too! So far I have had Kashi cereal with 1/2 banana and some walnuts and a scrambled egg for breakfast and some strawberries for my morning snack. Sounds like a lot compared to the rest of you...but it was working for me before . I also got my 3 mile WATP in this morning and am working on my 2nd very large mug of water.

My Mom brough me an eclair today . I've decided to cut it into 4 pieces and only allow myself 1 piece per day for my evening treat. My main problem has been my nighttime snacking...so starting today I will only have 1 thing after dinner...let me repeat that...I will only have 1 thing after dinner.

Hi to everyone else!! Di, where are you??? Have a great day and I'll be back sometime this evening to post. LOVE YA GUYS (or GALS really)!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:10 PM   #14  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Well today I got in 45 minutes of Denise Austin…. I haven’t eaten breakfast yet…. I only ate a few pieces of watermelon. Now I just gotta drink water.. too bad watermelon doesn’t count!
I just have a lot of cleaning up and straightening up to do. If it doesn’t rain…. Which It looks like it will, I might take the kids to the park, or the pool. I’m in a pretty ok mood today. But I usually am when my dh starts acting up… I’m not going to let it affect me this time.. I’m just going to start ignoring him… because my fuse is way too short.. I’m always the max! I can be sitting here all happy, and then he could do one little thing and I can go to kill mode! But I’ve always had a temper like that. I’ve been real good at controlling it though…

Let’s see, I cleaned up all last night… the clean up challenge I did got me pretty fired up! It doesn’t look like I did anything… but I did wash about 3 loads of clothes, and I iron… actually IRONED… a whole lot of clothes.. I re-arranged furniture, made up the beds… which I hardly ever do! I was supposed to cook chicken fajitas, but they just ate left-overs and I heated me up a turkey patty and some mixed veggies… But I can’t hide the oatmeal cookies I ate… so that pretty much messed things up! But U guess It could have been worse! So that’s what I did except for exercise during my daughter’s nap.

It seems like for some reason a lot people are starting to slow down in exercising and staying on plan and stuff. I wonder if it has anything to do with summer ending and Winter starting! I refuse to be fat this Christmas and for my birthday.. If I am just sitting in the house for them.. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. I want to be able to eat FOOD for Thanksgiving an not be sitting there watching everyone else eat! I refuse to go backwards… I realize now that my loss won’t be as fast as before.. And I shouldn’t even focus on my lbs.. Except for if they go up! I should focus on my measurements.. And focus on my efforts… When I first started here at 3fc I had given up.. Then I went into overdrive…and did everything right.. Would be so down on myself if I miss 1 day of exercise… or only exercised once a day instead of two… I think I just tired myself out… Worked too hard.. I’m going to put the same amount of effort into it with attitude.. But not try to kill myself with exercise. I’m going to focus on my effectiveness of the exercises and not the amount of time spent doing them. I think that will work better for me. Well time is flying by and I need to get some more stuff done while my daughter is calmly watching Blue’s Clues!!! So here are a few, few, comments and then I gotta go!

Cindi- I know how you feel because I feel the same way, but just keep at it, keep trying, change it around some. You can do it, we can do it!

Spryng- I really liked that challenge, we should do those more often, we could do different ones on some days like exercising.. Just 15 minutes… or something like that.. Or just chatting sometimes! Either way, that got me fired up for the rest of the day.

Cheri- I liked that idea.. Except I don’t have a target around here.. But Walmart sounds good… Unless you can buy the cards online.. Than that would be fine.

Penny- dinner sounds good, Healthy choice sausage?!? How does that taste?! I need to find some!

Crystal- Congrats on your 4 mths! I don’t see nothing wrong with playing with the kids.. As long as you feel up to it! My doctor told me that I could almost do anything while I was pregnant. Well in a healthy pregnancy… He’s real old fashioned though… He said how do you think everyone before us made it? Slaves worked hard being pregnant and carrying their child on their backs! I was like… ok.. But I’m not a slave!! Just a wife! I start showing about 2 mths so you should call yourself lucky girl!

Mel- I had fun yesterday!! We gotta do that again sometimes!

Michelle- those are great pics!! The birthday girl looked like she had a blast…. Did you save me some of that cake!! How did you get them to pop up like that? Oh.. And Congrats on your loss!! That’s awesome!!

Ok, I know I missed bunch of ya.. But If I don’t go.. I won’t get anything done! I hope everyone is having a great day.. And to yawl that I missed.. I apologize!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:39 PM   #15  
SAHM of 3

Well Jaymi, I'm usually showing by now and I am alittle but not as much as I thought I would be by now.
I don't know why I don't play around with the kids. I do more so Andrew because he's my baby and I can't help it,but I don't run or chase them, but we play hide and seek and such. I just don't feel right doing it. And I feel like since I was so sad to begin with in this pregnancy I don't want to jinx it by playing around too rough. I know that doesn't make since, but I wouldn't want God to think that I didn't care and I was unhappy about it. I know how ludicrous (sp?), God doesn't do things like that, but still.

Okay school is done, Alisa's first spelling test and she made an 81. YEAH for her. I've had to deal with ants. Kitchen has been cleaned once and beds stripped. Fixing to put those sheets in the dryer now then get started on lunch I suppose.
TTYL