Old 08-18-2004, 06:40 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #218 Wednesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 06:59 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Wednesday Morning Ladies

QOTD: WE ALWAYS REFER TO OUR DH, WHAT ARE THEIR NAMES?Okay, so I'm running out of good question ideas.
Answer: Kevin Andrew

Well, I must say that I might be up early, which I like, but I got 6 SOLID, STRAIGHT hours of sleep. I fell asleep probably around 1115 or 1130 and Andrew came and got me at 530. I can definitely handle that.

Spryng, I know you get tired, but if you just got up at 6 or right before, I would have to get up before to get ready to exercise, but if you do it a few times, you will feel sooooooo good. Plus you usually get solid sleep and I just know you would feel good if you did it. I enjoyed talking to my cousin. We live close, but our lives are just different. She does have two kids and she's almost 27, but she still lives differently. I do so much enjoy talking to her, we were soooo close in high school. Her son is 5 and daughter is 1 so I would love our kids to get together. Although she was calling with bad news last night. But we did decide to meet for lunch soon. And she's one of those that is probably still a size 0 after the two kids, YUCK!!!

Leigh, I'm so glad dh is home. Did you know he was coming home or did he surprise you? Have fun. Yes I did go to walmart and then dh didn't go fishing and got home like right after us and I had to throw dinner together quickly. But that's okay.

Cindi, sorry to hear about Hope. I hope she feels better. That's what Andrew had and he's doing better and I keep forgetting to give him his medicine, shame on me.

Jae, your little boy is soooooooooo cute and makes me so ready for my little one, what's his name?

Hello to Geri, Ricci, Jill, Kristin, Mel, Michelle, Jaymi, and everyone else I missed. Hope you had a great night.

Well, my cousin called to tell me that a guy we went to school with, he was one year older than me and so cute and so sweet, was in a car accident and is supposedly paralyzed. She didn't know many details, she's suppose to be getting them and then calling me. She also told be about her son having a siezure. They don't know why and they are running tests. So scary.

Dh and his family, it's the family business he works for, are thinking baout going to Florida to see if they can get work after this hurricane stuff. Either contracts to build houses or just to do the electrical. I'll find out today if he leaves tomorrow to go for about a week or so. It's exciting, I told him if he gets there and theres lots of work then me and the kids will follow and stay with him a while. I'll let y'all know about that.

I guess that's all thats been going on here. I'll let y'all know when I know about the Fl. thing. I'm staying home today and going to school.
Checklist:
laundry
dust
scrub bathroom
breakfast, lunch, dinner
clean kitchen x2
sweep
vaccum
nap
I think that's it for today. I'll talk to you all later. Hope everyone had a great night and has a great day.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:31 AM   #3  

Morning All. Ya know I wonder why my head is mushy and why I don't have any momentum to exercise. Do you think it's because this little bugga gets up every hour???LOL I feel so S l o w today. Anybody with boys have trouble with diapers on them. I put the diaper as loose as I can, but sometimes he tells me his PEEPEE is stuck. I think he just doesn't like things touching his little thing. I've been using pull up during the day, only because it doesn't seem to bother him as much, but at night, they don't hold enough.

Crystal, if DH is going to FL for a while to do work, It would be nice for you to go, I just hope it'l be nice for you and not in a bad area where much has been destroyed.

Spryng, I know how hard it is to get the kids to clean, or do anything sometimes. I do find when it's a big mess, DD just doensn't know how to begin. If I start and just do a little she can finish up.

Jill, I hope you got lots of work done last night. Don't feel bad about being in a good relationship. It's a wonderful thing! I know what you mean though. SO many of my friend are in bad relationships or have been with their husbands and mine with DH is so wonderful...He's my pal and my soul mate. Next month we'll be together 12 years. I'm planning an overnight. I hope it works out. I want to Surprise him.

Jaymi, I know what you mean about a head ache......uhhhhh. I hope you feel better. Sorry, If I ever spell your name wrong here. Bad habit. My husband is JAMIE....that's the answer to the QOTD
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:37 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning Ladies,

It is 7:30 here and everybody is up and Adam this am. Getting back on the school routine

Crystal,
Where are ya'll gonna stay? in a hotel? Please let us know

Mel,
I am so sorry Patrick isn't sleeping I haven't heard about the diaper thing before? Have you tried the Huggies overnights? not sure

QOTD: Brad

Well I gotta get off here and do the million and one things I have planned for today....gggrrrrr...

Have a good day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:46 AM   #5  
SAHM of 3

I would have no idea about the FL. thing. If I go, it would be in several weeks after he's already there and getting settled. Plus right now there's probably not many hotel vacancies. It would be when things start to settle a little. Nothing may come of this, we'll have to wait and see.
Mel, sorry about ds not sleeping well. Been there done that and still do it sometimes. I understand completely.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Well I feel much better today. I did tape those two denise austin workouts so I'm excited to do this (at least one of them) ths afternoon.
Today I have lots of cleaning planned. I'll be doing my normal stuff and the kids rooms and some laundry, etc. Dinner tonight will be crock pot chicken indonesian. What are you all having?
QOTD-- Joseph Clement (and he the 3rd) he wanted to name one of our boys the 4th and I refused. I really think kids should have their own original name, so we compromised with Joseph Paul (bubba) so he is named after Joe (my dh) and my grandpa.

Angel, Tanner doesn't take a bottle at night... do you mean to bed with him?? No, never has. He does take a pacifier though, but I'll get to that one after breaking him from the bottle. Mostly he wants his bottle when he gets up and after nap time. Those will be hard to break him of. And let us know about those recipe books! I just LOVE new recipe books.

Penny, what all are you going to be doing today? Sounds like you have a busy day planned.

Mel, I hope you get some energy today. I would feel terrible too if I wokeup constantly through the night. Maybe you can get a nap today? I laughed when I read about the pee pee being stuck, LOL. Bubba never had a problem wearing diapers, Tanner likes to grab himself during every changing though, like he has to check and see if it's still there, lol. It cracks me up sometimes. And you are right about the cleaning... I realized that must be the case last night. They must feel overwhelmed with what a mess their rooms are. So I will clean them today and then will just add 15 min to our bedtime routine so they can pick them back up every night. That should be much easier for them.

Crystal, in theory getting up at 6 am sounds soo good! But in reality I would have to get up at like 5:45 am because I'd need to use the bathroom, get changed into exercise clothes, etc before I could begin and never in my life have I got up earlier than the kids and of course pre- kids (I can barely remember, lol) I would sleep until noon or after every day. I've just never been a morning person. But I figure as long as I get exercise in then it shouldn't matter when I do it... so nap time will be workout time for me. I used to do it after the kids went to bed at night but lately I'm just so tired by 9 pm that I have no energy for it, so for now it will be around 1 pm. That sounds exciting about the florida thing! I hope your dh hears something soon!

Well, I'm off here to get my morning routine going. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:33 AM   #7  
Walking away the weight

G'day
QOTD: Karim Jonathan. His father was an anthroplogist and his parents were over in Syria doing fieldwork when he was conceived, hence the name Karim.

Cindi- sorry the kids are sick A speedy recovery for them! I'm glad you got mad if it motivated you You'll see, you'll hit 190 in no time and need a new mini-goal.

Spryng- your room maintenance idea sounds good for the kids. I really like In the Jury Room - it's very interesting to see the deliberation process - last week's was better than this week's, but still good. I think you should workout whenever it's easiest for you.

Angel- man, I used to swear by Luvs, but they just changed them. So I tried pampers this week (they're the same company) and they're exactly how Luvs used to be . . . not sure if they switched designs or what happened. Liam's never done well with Huggies though - I think it's all how your baby is shaped I also tried every generic brand . . . Let us know if those recipes are good.

Morning, Crystal! Now, if you're running out of questions, we could always donate some to you Nice job on the sleep. DH did call in the afternoon to tell me he was coming home. He doesn't surprise me- I think because I get nervous about him flying all the time and I like to know when to expect him, etc. Sorry to hear about your HS friend - that's terrible. Also, I hope you're cousin's son is okay and they figure out what's causing the siezures Definitely keep us posted about the FL stuff!

Mel- haven't had any diaper issues with Liam yet, but he doesn't talk, so maybe that's why he hates diaper changes, but just can't tell me Happy almost-anniversary!

Penny- what kinds of things are you doing- stuff around the casa?

Our internet connection is down AGAIN - I have no idea what's going on this week - maybe they're working on something in their system. So, I'm using DH's buisness connection. Slower because it's over phone lines, but at least I'm online

When DH gets home today, I'll go to the grocery store just in time for my start over day tomorrow. Ya'll are probably thinking, "Yeah, right. You keep saying you're starting over, but then you slip." But this time I am. I'm getting a points bracelet from some super-nice person on this thread shhh . . . it's spryng and you might have noticed a new 20lb reward in my sig box - I'm only about 7 lbs away from the 20lb loss . . .

And I am going to exercise today. I'll do Sweating in the Spirit . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:41 AM   #8  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning ladies !!!

I've been trying to practice for school with bedtimes and getting up early, then last night had to go meet my brother like halfway to get oldest and dd back. He worked late so it was like after 10 before we got home and after 11 before kids settled down to sleep. Then I stayed up til 1.....I'm bad Oh well, dh is off work for the next 2 nights so back to routine.

Plan for the day: Take oldest for haircut then to take written exam for driver's permit....OMG where did the years go. Everyone else here is talking about little ones, and some days I feel soooooo old here.
Going to walk while we're out and if I feel up to it maybe again this afternoon after dh gets up.
Have to unload and load dishwasher atleast once today, maybe twice.
May take kids to McDonald's for lunch. I will be good and have a salad but need to look up calorie content on the chicken ones. I love salads.....my mom is worried if I eat too many that I will miss alot of nutritional value.....I try to put things on it like salmon or shrimp, chicken.....things that have value. Told mom not to worry.
I HAVE to get dd's clothes put away today....they were stacking up in the laundry room so I finally went through them and got out what she didnt' really need. Now I just have to get them in drawers.

QOTD: Scott

Sorry if I dont' address all posts from yesterday, I can barely remember anything anyone asked me in them.

Spryng: Lunch yesterday ended up being a salad with canned salmon, almond accents, and italian dressing....not too bad.

I have to tell you all.....I had bought a huge locally grown cantaloupe at the store on Saturday. I finally cut it yesterday and OMG that is the BEST cantaloupe I have ever tasted. Just so sweet and juicy. Gooing to see if they have any more today, makes a great snack and one and a half cups is only 100 calories.
And not to mention that only half the kids like it.....less I have to share.....

Well not getting anything done sitting here. Kids are about done with breakfast....yes we slept in today then we hit the road.

Check in later. Have a Great OP Day All !!!
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:43 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Hello all. Just wanted to pop in before we start school and let you all know what I've done so far.
Breakfast and cleaned kitchen
swept
laundry in washer
bathroom scrubbed.
We're gonna school, then have lunch, then I'll dust and vaccum.

Spryng, you are right, it's easier said than done. About getting up early. But I couldn't function well if I didn't get up earlier than the kids. I'm always moody if that happens. But I HATE getting up early to exercise. That does NOT work for me. Wish you luck on the exercising.

Leigh, I'll will keep you all posted. Glad dh is home.

TTYL.
P.S. I'm already tired, I guess from getting up at 530, huh???
Old 08-18-2004, 10:50 AM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Just found out that dh is leaving out on Saturday morning for Florida. He, his grandpa and my MIL's hubby. They'll be gone all of next week to assess the work and see if they can get some scheduled. Then we'll know if there's work to send a crew or not. So, i've never ever been without dh more than a weekend, so this will be weird.
TTYL
Old 08-18-2004, 11:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Just taking a quick break... my bathrub is soaking in cleaner and I'm about to go scrub it, even got my toothbrush out! (well not MY toothbrush, lol.. the one I use to clean with) I washed all the baseboards in the bathroom and as soon as the tub is washed then that room is done! I also caught up my dishes and have dinner in the crockpot. I still want to sweep the kithen, pick up the living room, and then attack those kids rooms. I figure I can be done with everything by 11:30 at the latest.

Crystal, who knows, you may enjoy your dh being gone for a week! I know I like having the house to myself and to do what I want without running every detail by dh. Gives you a real sense of independance. Not that I don't miss him, I'm just used to it. But hopefully he'll make really good money and it will all be worth the time away.

Deana, sometimes some salads can have more cals than a burger so be careful on that one. And I'm glad you slept in! Why practice for school anyway? lol... you'll be doing it for real soon and I'm sure it will go just fine.

Leigh, I LOVE your dh's name! So unique. And there is a super nice person on this thread!!?? LOL! Where?? LOL! I was so happy to do it for you. I know you are going to be back OP and go all the way this time!

Well, time is up for me. Better go scrub that tub. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:23 AM   #12  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Today is the dreaded Doctor's appt! I hate getting pap smears... Not like you asked for all that info!! But I just hate it! I don't know why.... that's one thing I don't miss about being pregnant. Anyway the worst part is I have to go with both of my kids.... I have no idea how that is going to work out.. but we'll see! Anyways my daughter is pulling on my arm while I'm trying to type... that is her new thing now!! Anyways I gotta get ready now, I have a new list to make for today.. but I can't really make it until I get back from the doctor. Right now I have to take a shower, pack the baby bag, and get the kids ready, by that time it will be time to go. I havent gotten any exercise done, any breakfast or anything.. But I don't have any money so I need to eat before I leave anyways. Let's see, my house looks like a tidal wave hit it!! To say I've been cleaning it for 2 days, you can't tell at all! My daughter asks me for her bottle then makes me chase her around to give it to her.. she's so silly. Anyways time is flying by and I need to get started... I'll get personal when I get back.... but since I'm here:
QOTD- Derrick Dewayne

Oh well, I hope everyone is having a great start today! I'm going to mention my headaches to my doctor. Talk to you all later! ~Jaymi

Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:35 AM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Deana- sounds like you're still making excellent choices. I wouldn't worry too much about the salads- I mena, that isn't the only thing you eat in a day, right?

Crystal- glad DH is getting some work in FL. The people there can really use the help, and DH and family get some extra work in, which is good for everyone. It's funny, I have much more of a set routine when DH is out of town. When he's here, it's more spontaneous- both have advantages and disadvantages

Spryng- well, I do appreciate the bracelet a lot. It's my new start symbol Ohhh, that tub is going to sparkle!

Jaymi- LOL - there are a lot of things I liked about being pregnant, and missing the dreaded exam was one of them. Also, no TOM!!! Actually, I loved being pregnant. Wish they bottled that feeling- it just really agreed with me and my emotions. Let us know what the doc says about your headaches.

Well, Liam's new furniture is in, so I'm trying to arrange for delivery. But DH and I need to take apart the bed in that room and eventually (hopefully sooner rather than later) donate it to Salvation Army along with a bunch of other stuff. Also, I'd like to do a pedicure during one of Liam's naps today, but we'll see.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:06 PM   #14  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Morning Gals!

I have gotten alot done today. I am making food for the group again this week and it REALLY is my week. I have done two loads of laundry, showered and taken kids where they go so far, but I still want to get my room clean today.

Deana...You are not old, I have an 18yo!!

Leigh...Glad you are restarting...I got on the scale this AM again...grrrr! But it is TOM, so hopefully I didn't gain all that weight from my "naked run through the jungle" the past couple of weeks! We will see! I will weigh again on Friday and see what it says, since that's really my day anyway.

Spryng...but your house is shining this week. I am getting there and really gonna work hard the next few days to have a clean house. Hope went back to school, so no one is in my lap today! WOOO HOOOO

Well, gonna have some lunch and clean some bathrooms! I will be back this afternoon sometimes!

Have a great day!

Love ya!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:39 PM   #15  
Walking away the weight

Hmmm - things seem to be more slowly than usual - what's the deal??? LOL.

Cindi- TOM is the worst. But once you get on the scale tomorrow, it will be over and then you can move forward from there, right ? I'm WI tomorrow too.

Well, not too much going on here. Liam is asleep. I'm trying to figure out if it's better to work out during his next nap, or while he's awake. Maybe while he's awake