Old 07-30-2004, 03:56 AM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 31

Less than two weeks from surgery. Mom gets here tonight. So much going on just trying to keep the weight coming off while maintaining some sanity.

My goal this week:

Lose the one pound I gained last week, plus one more. Get my 35 pound star before surgery.

Okay, join back in Chequita! We miss you!

Hi to Jolly and to Connie!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:10 AM   #2  

My goal is to just keep on keeping on (again). I feel like I am making great strides. Yes, I still need to have conversations with myself, sometimes several times a day, but I am winning. Winning the exercise battle. Making better food choices. Still room for improvement there, but i would rather take it slow and make it stick. So, go slow, but go forward.

Everyone have a super day. Chachee, what did your mom think of the progress you have made? And, how was the dance??? Details please!
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:26 PM   #3  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Okay, so here is the reaction from my mom:

I saw her and she didn't see me right away. I walked right in front of her and she smiled and gave me a hug. She said, "Wow". THAT'S IT!!!! We went and got her luggage and got in the truck and I finally said, "I can't believe that is your reaction! That's all I get?" She said that she knew how I was about hugging and touchy-feely stuff, and didn't want to embarass me in front of everyone. She was happy for me and said I looked great, but I don't think it really sank in. We got home and I tried on the new pajamas she brought me and I think it hit her then. Plus, when I was leaving for work this morning, and she saw me in my baggy work clothes, it really showed it off. She said I was gorgeous! Aw, she's just sucking up!!

So, that was my night last night. It was fun to go out and get all dressed up, horrifying to see what some people think is appropriate, and interesting for the reaction (or lack thereof) from my mom. I'm functioning on 3 hours of sleep, so it's going to be a long day!

Went to Starbucks this morning and they now have a "light" Mocha Frappacino. Only 4 points for a Grande. Very good!

Okay, I'll be MIA for the next few days. Most likely checking back in on Monday. Wish me luck over this busy weekend!

Jolly, I hope you have a wonderful weekend! You are so right about slow and steady being the right way to do things. We all want a quick fix, but know it didn't come on that quickly. I think you are making major improvements to youself and having a great self-discovery. It's all part of the process!

Happy Friday!

Chach
Old 08-02-2004, 10:01 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone! Chachee, I hope you are having a good time with your mom. I also can't wait to see pictures of you and your husband from last week.

I had a nice loss this week. I can't wait to continue.

Everyone, have a great week.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:51 AM   #5  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Jolly, nice loss isn't the right phrase. AMAZING RESULTS is the phrase you need to use. I am so happy for you and impressed at all your victories this week. You are doing so well!

We forgot to post our positive thing about ourselves for this week. I'm going to say that I am one of the most honest people I know. Sometimes it's hard, but the truth always comes out with me.

Okay, here we go for another good week! Surgery next week, so we can start the new thread on Friday for another week and then see how it goes from there.

Hey, you have lost more than me!!! I just figured that one out. Wow! You even started two weeks after me. I gotta get back on track!

Chach
Old 08-02-2004, 12:00 PM   #6  

Hi Jolly and Chachee.

Sorry about being MIA last week; the first half of the week was terrible and I didn't take the time to post. I spent Mon and Tues having a pity party because I fell Mon at a car dealership and then on Wed I was took my car in for a transmission check and AC check; what I thought would only take two hours turned into five. I had a terrible time staying OP those three days and this morning I had another small gain (1 lb in the past two weeks). I know I shouldn't get down over one pound. I ate a lot of high sodium food last week. I did get in three days of exercise.

Please keep the thread going; I am going to PM Chequita and see what's up with her.

Chachee - I want to see pictures too! Hope you and your mom had a nice visit.

Jolly - congrats on your continued success.

You all have a great Monday!
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:18 PM   #7  

Hey Connie, don't be down. Post when you can. Did you hurt yourself? I hope you are ok. Don't get down about the one pound. Just focus on making better choices today.

Chachee, overall, you have lost more. You are doing amazing, and I know will continue to do so. Keep up the great work. I'm glad you are here to lead the way

One positive thing is that no matter how many times I get knocked (or knock myself) down, I always try again.

Have a great week all.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #8  

TUESDAY 8/3/04

Hi Jolly, Chachee, Chequita.

I have been rather busy this morning - I washed my car and a friend's car; does this count as exercise on WW? I also had a healthy breakfast (yogurt, milk, cereal bar). I am on my way now to get groceries. My goal is to get back on track and lose the pound I gained. I need to get more serious with keeping my food diary and getting in my water, vegs and fruit. I also need to increase the amount of time I spend on my walks (currently only doing 15 min each walk). I am going to use 0-2 point snacks instead of the peanut butter and crackers in the snack machine at work, which have 5 points.

Thankfully, I did not hurt myself when I fell (guess all of this padding helped). However, I was absolutely mortified and wanted to cry like a baby. Everyone was very nice to me and took me inside to sit a while, but I just wanted to get back in my car and leave. Do you think that after losing a large amount of weight it might effect your sense of balance??

One positive thing about me - I am a kind person; I try to be nice to everyone (though sometimes there are people I don't want to be nice to).

Have a nice day ladies.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 06:41 PM   #9  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies,

Connie: I hope you are okay with your fall. Yes, weight loss does affect your balance/center of gravity. My plastic surgeon told me that after I have this reduction surgery, I'll have to adjust my walking because I'm used to carrying so much weight around on my chest, it won't be there anymore. So I do believe that it will definitely affect you. I gained a pound last week too, so did three of my friends. Jolly lost it all for us, though, so it should be gone!

Jolly: I concur with your positive thought about yourself. You have fortitude. Major!!

I am struggling with a head cold. I must overcome it quickly, as I don't want to put off surgery because I'm sick. I can't take my vitamins, though, because they thin your blood. I am battling it with Propel water and Diet Coke. Just don't have an appetite, so that is usually bad for a weigh in. Making veggie soup for dinner tonight, so that is zero points, so I'll have a biscuit with it, making the meal 4 points. Still leaving me about 10 points left over for the day. Ugh, gotta eat more.

Happy Tuesday!

Chach
Old 08-04-2004, 09:25 AM   #10  

Good morning all. Chachee, I hope you are feeling better. Does the diet Coke really help when you are sick? I thought caffeine was a diuretic, so would make you more dehydrated. I don't know though. By the way, you could send me a little extra chestage after your surgery. I am noticeably smaller on one side than the other, so send it my way

I am feeling a bit bummed today, and for stupid reasons. I know that there is a difference between my gym scale (which I use on Mondays for my official 3FC way in) and my TOPS scale (Tuesday night meetings and weigh ins). They are about two pounds off. But, since I am just getting back to TOPS, I couldn't remember which one weighed me more. I got on the scale last night, and had only lost 3/4 pound. I know, I know - a loss is a loss. But I feel really frustrated that it wasn't more. I just wanted to scream. And then of course, I felt like I should just say to heck with it, and eat whatever i want, since I had a good week with both food and exercise last week, and didn't do better on the scale. I know, stupid.

So, Connie, I hope you are doing ok. And I hope we all have a wonderful week.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:57 AM   #11  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Ladies!

Jolly: Gosh, you are about the 10th person who wants my leftovers. Have at it!! I am so excited to having a smaller chest and my clothes fitting better!

Now, like I wrote on the other thread, you gotta give your body some time to adjust. A 5 pound loss is very big at this point, and your body needs to adjust to it. Plus, you've lost a lot of weight over the past few months, so you might be hitting your first plateau. Just take a deep breath and know it will pass.

Frustration is a tough thing to overcome, but it will pass. Some days are going to be tougher than others, and just remember than on the hard days. An easy day is just around the corner.

Okay, back to work for me. Weigh in tonight and I hope to do well. At least get that one pound off.

Happy Wednesday.

Chach
Old 08-05-2004, 08:56 AM   #12  

Hello all. Chachee, thanks for the support. It helps to have people to talk to, who understand what I am going through.

Hope your weigh in went well last night. And that things are going well as you get ready for weigh in. My thoughts are with you.

Everyone else, have a great day
Old 08-05-2004, 10:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Can I come back?

Dan, the prodigal son

dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:49 AM   #14  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello All!

First, welcome back Dan! Yes, please do come back and post, as we have missed you around here! We've also lost Chequita, so hopefully she will come back also. How is your son doing? How is your wife??

Weigh in went okay last night. Down 0.8, so only 0.2 more to go to get rid of the one pound I gained. I am just in a slump lately, so I am going "back to basics". Need to get back into the good habits that I did at the beginning.

Hello to everyone else.

Chach
Old 08-05-2004, 08:52 PM   #15  

Congrats on the loss, Chachee. Remember, a loss is a loss. Welcome back, Dan

Have a good night all.