Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 10:52 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's......(#99)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Old 07-22-2004, 10:56 PM   #2  

Hey Floozies.....Jennelle sent me a PM message today.She thought it would be neat if this year at Christmas we all sent each other an ornament.It could either be handmade or bought. I told her everyone is as talented as Gayle. What does everyone think of this? I think it would be neat!!!

Give us your ideas or suggestions!!

Also...Gayle had a great idea of starting a thread with before & after pics of loosing weight.Who would be interested in this?
Old 07-22-2004, 11:36 PM   #3  
Losing it!

I'm in for the ornament. Neat idea Jennelle!!!!! So, we would get an ornament and send to each Floozie or would we draw names again?

Sher, I really like Omen (nemo spelled backwards) the swimming welcome fishie!!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 05:29 AM   #4  

Sherry-I love your new welcome sign! Jennelle's idea sounds great. I would have to buy mine, I'm not talented in the art area at all!! Although I don't use a Christmas tree, I hang ornaments on garlands over my doors to decorate for Chanukah. I also like Gayle's idea about before and after pictures. I still have my before picture from a couple of years ago. I also have my after when I was at my lowest weight, and now I'd need to take a new one. It is scary though. It's in a bathing suit.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:02 AM   #5  

I have a hint for today:EXERCISE!! No matter how you do it. Don't pick the closest parking space when you are going to the store. Try to get one farther back. Every little bit helps!
Old 07-23-2004, 07:24 AM   #6  
Carol

Sherry: I just LOVE the WELCOME SIGN! As Dori would say... just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming. Thanks for the inspiration for my motivation for today.

JUST KEEP SWIMMING... Whether we are 100% OP or 50% OP it is always a constant battle.. But we can do this if we just keep swimming (trying). We can't give up or we have already lost. I for one refuse to lose... How about you?

JUST KEEP SWIMMING LADIES!!!!

Count me in on the ornament for Christmas. I love that idea!!! WTG Jennelle!!!

Even though I hate my before pic (as I am sure we all do) count me in on the before and after pics too. That is a super idea Gayle.

snack ideas for low carb eaters: deviled eggs, cheese sticks, beef jerky, and nuts (such as almonds & pecans).
Old 07-23-2004, 09:35 AM   #7  
Losing it!

Eat when you have real hunger and choose the healthy counterparts to what you are craving. An example would be to choose a piece of grilled chicken over fried, loaded with a crunchy and greasy coating. Natural/no sugar added peanut butter over the more popular brands ~~ sugar free candies over sugar filled candies ~ baked potato over fried potatoes ~~~~~~ you get the idea~~~~~

I found this:

Diet Mistake No 1
Most dieters don't eat enough.
Result? They get so hungry, they give up.

Diet Mistake No 2
Most dieters want to lose weight too fast.
Result? They get so impatient, they give up.

Diet Mistake No 3
Most dieters don't understand fat.
Result? They eat the wrong food

Wishing everyone a successful OP day! I hope the hope and motivation here on the board is contagious!!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:25 AM   #8  
Losing it!

Shelley, I really liked your exercising hint. It makes sense!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:32 AM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Are we leaving hints today?

Here's mine: Take it one day at a time. But don't take that to mean that you must be perfect. If you have to, take it one minute at a time, or one second at a time even. Every second you make loving choices about how you're going to treat your body will add up.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:48 PM   #10  

I LOVE everyone's motivationals!!!!! Thanks for the support!!! Overall, I have been OP about 80% this week. Maybe next week will be better & easier.

We are leaving at 6:00 to go camping. It's a 3 hour drive.We'll be back Sunday night. Debbie & James left yesterday morning. We are meeting up with them.They have a cabin. It should be fun! We are renting a pondtune (sp) boat all day tomorrow. I'll check in when we get home. Be good...Stay Op...And Have A Great Weekend!!

Love & Hugs......
Old 07-23-2004, 04:12 PM   #11  

Sherry and Debbie-Have a great time! We will keep the motivation going high here!
Old 07-23-2004, 05:09 PM   #12  

Debbie and Sherry enjoy your time at the cabin. Watch out for the bare, I mean bear.

The christmas ornament sounds like a nice idea. We can share what our decorating theme is so it would make it easier for the other person. I like that. When ever I use my make up bag I think of Vicki. It is very special to me.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The surgeon is going to operate. Not something that I should be excited about but I am. I will be able to get back to living. I don't have a date yet but they think at the end of august. I will find out next week.

Last night we went to a park where there was live jamaican music and dancing. We enjoyed watching everyone.

Tonight we are having friends down that we met in Puerta Vallarta. I can't have any bee, poor me. Well soon enough.

Oh rodeo, oh rodeo here we come. Tomorrow I can check out the good looking cowboys. I love Rodeos. Gayle I am surprised that you don't enjoy them. I love watching the cowboys ride the bulls. Mutton busting to is great.

Hope that you all enjoy your weekend.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:20 AM   #13  
Carol

Everyone seems to be out and about this beautiful weekend.

I myself have 2 not 1 but 2 family reunions... One is done.. yesterday.. and I have to admit... I didn't stay OP very well. Now be honest.. who could with every food imaginable at your fingertips!! Well today is another one and I will try harder to stay as close to being OP as I can.. but I am not going to punish myself if I don't... We all deserve a break from time to time. But I will do my best to try to make good food choices today!!!

Gayle: I love your tips!!! wonderful!!

Shelley: Thanks for your exercise tip... I have a hard time with that one, but you are right.. we need to exercise.

Jennelle: Loving caring choices... I love how you put that... Isn't that the truth.. We need to take care of ourselves by making loving, caring choices... Thanks for keeping me upbeat about me!!

Debbie & Sherry: I hope you are having a great time!!!

Dee: I hope your surgery brings you the relief you need!!! Thinking of you!!

To everyone else I am out of time and must go, but I having forgotten you..... Have a wonderful, happy, healthy, loving, kind to yourself day!!

Hugs to all my friends

Everyone have a wonderful day!!
Old 07-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #14  

It is very lonely over there at the exercise board. I have already gone over my goal for the month, but there is nobody over there to tell!

I had a lady stop me yesterday when I was running (actually she joined me on a bit of my run) and asked for running tips. She said she is going on 43 and can't seem to get back into running with all the heat and has noticed me running everyday even in the heat. She asked me how far I was going. When I said 8, I think she was a bit stunned, but when I told her I was 51, I think she was even more surprised that I was continuing to run in all this heat at my advanced age. I just love it!! Made my day.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:57 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Shelley, you are AWESOME! I admire you so much for your stamina and determination. You never lose sight of your goals! I bet it really made you feel good to have the lady confront you and ask questions. I may be visiting the exercise board very soon!
Closed Thread