Old 07-21-2004, 03:58 PM   #46  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Talk about a busy day.... I just got to get in here now... I don't know what's with this actually having to do work at work stuff? You'd think they were paying me or something

I will definitely tell you all about Nantucket after we go! It won't be too much excitement, but it will be fun!

Don't worry about not posting much as I've been too busy to catch up all day!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:45 AM   #47  
Confirmed Scales Addict

I'll second that Jenn....why does work always have to get in the way???

Well good news i'm down another 1lb which make me 126lbs now...bad news is i'm off on holiday tomorrow, so i'm going to try to be good, and i tend to walk alot on holiday so fingers crossed that i don't gain too much!!

Sorry to say this will leave you talking to yourself for a week , unless HS or some of the others pop in to talk to you.

See you in a week!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:51 AM   #48  
47 pounds gone!!

Good morning yall I'm sorry I haven't been here in a while. Been pulling doubles at work everyday again. Trying to make some moula!

Ohhh Nantucket sounds like fun, Jenn. You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back and congrats on your loss! Ya big looser

TF-- the 1# loss is wonderful!!! I know it's exciting to jump on there and see even the slightest loss... believe me. I've been stuck at 137-138 for the past 2 weeks and I finally got on this morning and I'm down to 135!!! I was on a plateau that I thought would never break. It gets really discouraging. But I didn't give up I think I'm changing my goal weight to 125 instead of 130. The ideal weight for my height and frame is 125-136... I want to be in that size 5 I was in almost 6 years ago. Right now I'm in a 7/8. I'm pretty happy with that but you know us women, never satisfied

Hope everyone is doing well. TTFN!
Shelley0574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:20 AM   #49  
One step at a time...

Tulip - I know you aren't here to read this as you are on vacation and I hope you are having fun, but I wanted to congratulate you on your loss anyways! Isn't that the motivation to be good on vacation when you see the scale dip right before you leave? with the scale on your return!

Shelley - I will be sure to tell you ladies all about it when I go... It won't be too much to tell as I am just going for one day, but it should be fun anyways! BTW CONGRATULATIONS to you as well on breaking your plateau!! That is awesome! And I know what you mean anout never being satisfied.... The other day someone asked me how I was doing it, and I told them counting calories and exercising, keeping my calories about 1200 while I'm trying to lose and they said "you're still trying to lose?!"...All I could think was **** YES, I still weigh over 180 and I'm wearing 12s and 14s....In whose book is that thin??? So everyone sees you differently and you are always your toughest critic! I sit here and read "size 8" and think to myself "i would KILL to be a size 8!"
Old 07-27-2004, 10:26 AM   #50  
47 pounds gone!!

Jenn.. I remember getting to a size 12 and was just as excited as when I got into my 8's! It's a far cry from being the size 16 that I was over a year ago. It's amazing the difference between those 2 sizes.. and in everyone else's eyes.. you're "skinny" because you weren't nearly as big as you were. Make sense?
My boss (the owner of the restaraunt) came in last night and told me that if I lost anymore weight I was gonna blow away! LOL When I told him I have 9 more pounds to go he was shocked! I lost another pound btw.. 134... Seems like when you finally break a plateau your weight just shoots down. Then there will always be another one. But I'll be patient just like I was with the rest of them. I'll get there eventually

I'll be going out of town Wednesday through Sunday.. so I won't be back until the 2nd. This will probably be my last post till then. Hopefully we can keep this thread on the front page! Hope everyone is doing great! Yall have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend!
Old 08-02-2004, 09:43 AM   #51  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi Jenn & Shelley

I had a brilliant holiday, the weather was kind to me and now i look all healthy and golden!! And guess what....i jumped on the scales this morning and i havne't put any weight....yippee!!!!!!!!! So i am going to try really hard now to reach my goal before the end of the summer! After all it's only a couple of pounds!!

Congrats on your loss Shelley, i hope my numbers go down as quick as yours has after the plateau.
Jenn, keep up the good work and you'll soon be that size 8!!

Still no sign of HS then??
Old 08-04-2004, 03:34 PM   #52  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Took my daughter to the airport yesterday and her flight was delayed by 2 half hours!!! What a drag, waiting in the airport, but she finaly went off to visit my sister in the channel islands for a week, it's really quiet here without her!!

Wednesday morning....scales said the same, i'm trying to cut down on my coffee today, as my caffine intake has gone through the roof lately, it may be the cause of my plateau??? and the headaches!!! lol

where is everyone???
I can't keep the board on the front page on my own guys??!!
Hello?
H-e-l-l-o!!!!!!!!!!
is there anybody out there??
Splashes?
Jenn?
Shelley?
Anybod??
Old 08-05-2004, 10:35 AM   #53  
47 pounds gone!!

Hey TF! Sorry, been out of town and trying to catch up with things. Got back Sunday night and it's taking me this long to catch up!

Glad you had a wonderful Holiday. As for me.. I gained 2 pounds while visiting my MIL. That woman cooks some mean meals! It's hard to stay on my diet when other people cook and there is really nothing else to eat. I'd feel bad telling her I couldn't eat her food. So I just sucked it up.. I stepped on the scales this morning and I lost both of the pounds that I gained so I'm happy. lol But let me tell you, I was in HEAVEN with all that food! LOL

oh boy.. sorry about that delay in the airport. I hate being stuck in an airport!
I know how it feels about it being so quiet around the house without your daughter. Mine went away for 2 weeks this Summer to her Nana's house (my MIL) and it was the first time we'd been apart for that long. I longed to hear her sweet voice. But she had a blast and gained a little bit of independence.

What happened to everyone?!?!?!? Splashes?? Where are you????

okay, gotta go to work.. catch ya later!
Old 08-05-2004, 11:29 AM   #54  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hiya Shelley,

Well done on loosing the extra 2lbs...know what you mean about mother in laws though, mine piles my plate high and it's such wicked food, double cream this, extra sugar on that!!! very yummy, but soooooo unhealthy!

Cant' stay here to long today, we are going to a family birthday party tomorrow night in the north of the country, so i have packing and stuff to do, oh and book a hotel (nothing major!!!) lol

See you soon
Old 08-05-2004, 09:52 PM   #55  
One step at a time...

Sorry ladies.... I've had a hard time dragging myself to the computer to type posts.... My Tim has been sick and now I of course am too! He found out today that he has walking pneomonia, so I have an appointment tomorrow to see my doctor

I'm so glad that the two of you have a good time while you were away. I've kept up with the same old stuff... Going to Curves like everyday, and eatting well.

I went for my "yearly" and had the doctor do some blood work because it had been about 4 years since I had anything checked. He said everything looked great and that my cholesterol was 170 which he called "exceptional". He also said that I have no sign of diabetes or thyroid problems (both run in my family) and that my bp was perfect. Woohoo I like good check ups!

To top it all off, this afternoon at the gym I weighed in at 180.5#! You know what that means? It means I've lost an even 40#! That sounds like a good round number to me, and I liked it so much that it makes being sick slightly more bearable!

Have fun at the birthday party Tulip!!!
Old 08-06-2004, 09:27 AM   #56  
47 pounds gone!!

JENN! There you are!! Sorry you and Tim have been sick Hope yall get better soon! Congrats on your loss! That's so awesome. You are not far from your goal weight! Woohoo!

oooooo a family birthday party! Those are always so much fun. I miss spending birthdays with my family. It's hard to go home when you want too when you live 9 hours away. Plus hubby's in the military and I have a job and if we did go home we'd have to get clearance from mine and hubby's job.. and the kids school. Anyway, lol, hope you have a blast TF

TOM is here... a week early at that. I feel yucky.. my back and tummy are hurting and I've been PMSing big time. Yesterday I snapped at my boss for messing with me.. LOL I just didn't feel like being messed with. He didn't say anything because he knows I'm not usually like that. I'm pretty much an easy going person at work. It seems like TOM gets worse as I get older for some reason. I find myself getting more irritable and the symptoms proggressively get worse. Is it like that for you guys?
Old 08-14-2004, 08:34 AM   #57  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Morning ladies!

Just re-read the last few posts to catch up, it seems like ages since i was here last. Hope you and Tim are feeling better now Jenn, and you too Shelley, I hate TOM, the only good thing about it is the feeling that while it's here i'm still young!!!! lol

Well we've had another 40th birthday in the family since i was on here...it's all parties at the moment...it's mine in 5 weeks time, i've just posted my invites it's really exciting!

Another exciting thing is my weight, i have been so good, eating only healthy stuff, with the odd bottle of wine! (!) and I'm down to 123lbs!!!!! yeah only 4lbs left to go to reach my goal weight!!!!! oh I'm really focused on this now, the kids are sitting eating cookies and I seriously am NOT tempted to have any!!!!!

Hope you having a good day...I'll pop in tomorrow to keep us on the front page if i can!
Old 08-17-2004, 06:31 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Hellooooooooooo Hellllooooooooo HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Puter went down and so did cable....construction on mystreet dug up the cables and they won't be back in for another 3 weeks or so. I'm at the internetcafe near my house. Just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone and good job at keeping up the SAA forum for me! Keep up the great work ladies!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:17 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Back at the internet cafe....started running on the weekend...am still on program...ran monday nite and will be going tonite. I'm pretty pathetic...run two blocks, walk one, run two more...but I'm going further each time. Feel great afterwards...always have a nice hot bath. Hope everyone is doing well...keep on pluggin' ladies!!

Missed you all tons!!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 08:49 AM   #60  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hiya HS boy have we missed you!!!!!

Glad to see that you have managed to return.

I'm still eating well, drinking loads of water and doing MILD exercise when i can.

Can't stay here long, the kids need entertaining.....2 weeks left of the school holidays to go!!

Hope to see some more of you ladies (or gents) here soon!