Old 06-25-2004, 08:16 PM   #16  
KAR

Hi ladies,
Well my appointment went well. I think I surprised the doctor for coming to him for help. So I guess not too many patients have ever came to him asking for help on losing weight. He suggested that I might want to do the points from Weight Watchers. I could also even try the Atkin's Diet or The South Beach Diet. He gave me a script to see a nutritionist at the hospital. So I will wait to see what the nutritionist has to say. When I came home from my appointment, my DH was very caring and supportive. He wanted to know what all the doctor had to say and was a totally different person from the other day. It is a little freaky if you ask me. LOL. But I will go with it for now. Maybe he realized that he was being a insensitive pig and is trying to make up for it. I will keep you posted.
As for my stepdd, my dh is going to talk to her mom and she what her feelings are on the matter. I hope that she will agree that she needs to be seen by a doctor and treated for this now. I am also hoping that once I go to the nutritionist, I can start having everyone eat at least one or two meals with me a day. That would help her out so much. Not just her but me too.
So has your phones stopped ringing off the hook for now? I am soo glad that the kids don't little friends who constantly call our house. I can only image what it is going to be like in a couple of years though.
I know what it feels like to see a picture of yourself in the newspaper. I had my picture taken in college once while I was student teaching. Boy does pictures in the newspaper make you look bad. LOL.
So Summer how is your hubby doing? I hope he is recovering a little bit better now and sticking to his diet again.
Well I better go. I need to check my email before I go off line.
Take care and have a great weekend!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:59 PM   #17  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Now, now, now...... I don't want to burst your bubble, Kerry, honey!
....but do you REALLY think that he "realized that he was being an insensitive pig and is trying to make up for it"? HA! Actually, I hope that he has! AND I hope that he continues to be kind and supportive towards you! At my house, my efforts (or lack there of) are NOT acknowledged....at all! BUT...he will comment in a few months!

That's right.........HERE I go! Bull firmly taken by the horns! I'm GOING to do this!
I've got 30 pounds to lose......and I'm going to do it!

Summer, congratulations for joining the ranks of us "free as a bird" folk! (RIGHTTTT...
as IF I am ever truly free...but...ya know what I mean! LOL) SOOOOOOOOOO........ what is your plan, Ms.TakeTheBullByTheHorns? When is your trip to Florida?
...and what is your favorite JimmyB song? I'll share my list when you share yours! hehee!

Okey....my oldest has returned from Summer Camp....bug bites, scratches, and all! He actually clapped when we drove into the drive way! He says that he enjoyed camp... but is happy to be home! He took one shower.... and then returned at my prompting to finish getting the dirt off of him.... neck, legs, ears, you know THOSE spots! We've decided that some of his clothes will just be thrown away, for real! It is so much easier than trying to get those horrid stains out! It rained for 4 of the 6 days. The boy has earned a couple of days of just hanging out in the house! He was thrilled, btw, by the photo in the paper. I took a copy with us today when we went to get him. He had to show all the guys!

okey... before I can log in again, I have to DO something to tell you about...ie, exercise! Soooo.....it's off to move my lard butt, I go!

Make a plan! Stick to it! Drink WATER! and MOVE that body!
take care,
meeeeeee
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 03:55 PM   #18  
KAR

Hi Robyn and Summer,
My DH said last night that WE had to clean house. Like how I stressed we. This morning, he informs me that he didn't care when I did it but the house was getting cleaned this weekend. I asked him what he planned on doing. He said that he was going to be outside playing with his children. He cleaned up the house last weekend well I was at my family's. Funny when I got home the house looked the same as it did on Saturday morning when I left. So I think he was blowing smoke out his a**. But I decided that if I wanted it cleaned correctly, I had to do it myself. So his DD and I cleaned the kitchen, dining room and living rooms today. When I got to the bathroom and the two bedrooms, I said the heck with it and took her out to lunch at Wendy's. I was very proud of her. She asked for a junior cheeseburger, a side salad and a container of milk. I got a jr. bacon cheeseburger and a baked potato. I did splurge and had a glass of sweet tea. But I will work it off this afternoon. I plan on going for a walk or a bike ride. I got up this morning at 7, so I could go workout at Curves before they got to busy this morning.
Sounds like your son had fun at camp. It would not have been much fun camping and having it rain for 4 days though.
So have either one of you read any good books lately? I found out from my sister that I only have to read 6 books for her library's summer reading program. So I have read two. I am currently reading Another Man's Son by Katherine Stone. It is good so far.
Well I better get off of here and go outside and enjoy the nice weather.
Have a great weekend!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 06-26-2004, 08:30 PM   #19  
KAR

Okay I need to vent, before I get into a nasty huge disagreement with my DH. He left this afternoon at noon to go to the ball fields with his two boys to practice for the homerun derby tomorrow evening. Around 5, his little girl and I went over to the ball fields looking for them. I stood around and watched them play basebqll. At 5:30, when they showed no signs of stopping I went home. I cleaned the bathroom and mopped the floor. Washed the bedding on the kids bed and dryed. Even made the bed, went for a bike ride by myself and eat dinner by myself. They finally came home around 7:15. He asked what was wrong. I said that I had wanted to spend the afternoon with him and the kids. I thought we were going to go to the lake and walk around it. Plus the boys had wanted to go for a bike ride with me. So I said I hope you enjoyed your day with them. As I stayed home and cleaned house. He asked me if I had eaten dinner and was personally offended when I said yes. But he knows that I don't eat dinner after 7. So he made the kids and himself chicken nuggets. He then said that we could still go do something with them. Mind you they all still needed showers and they were crabby and tired. Like I want to go do something with cranky little children on a Saturday night. I don't think so. I think I will go for a walk to calm down and spend some more alone time with myself. It just ticks me off that my dh had the boys out in the sun and hot weather for 7 hours today and they didn't have sunscreen on. So guess what their little faces are sunburned.
Enough venting. I hope that tomorrow is a better day. Even though I have to go to a pool party with two of the kiddos tomorrow for a little boy on their ball team. I really don't know the people that well and my dh will be at the homerun derby with his one son. Believe it or not, I am shy around people I don't really know. So I am a little nervous.
Thanks for letting me rant and rave.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Kerry
Old 06-26-2004, 11:04 PM   #20  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

(((Kerry))) I'm sorry that your Saturday didn't turn out like you had thought! I'm proud of you for going bike riding alone as well as eating correctly during your stress! (I am SUCH a stress eater! I'd have eaten the house if I'd been "abandoned" that way! THAT is one area that I really need to "fix"!) Good luck at the pool party! Go in there like you own the place and know EVERYONE! Fake the confidence that you feel you lack! You can do it!

Men and sunscreen... WHAT do they find UNCLEAR about the directions to "PUT IT ON THE KIDS"? Hope the kiddos will be ok!

Here is my report for the day.....

I have nearly finished my water for the day! I did have a Diet Coke earlier in the day with lunch and out of old habit. As I finished it, I realized WHAT I was doing! GEESH! When these sodas are gone, I will purchase NO more! That way THAT can't happen again!

My eating was in control! THAT is a huge feat for me these days!

I MOVED my fanny! I did one of my WATP 2 mile videos! Tomorrow I will move my fanny again! LOL

I did NOT journal....THIS will be a goal for tomorrow! THAT and the whole rest of my list!

Ya'll take care!
Make a plan, stick to it!
Meeee
Old 06-27-2004, 09:47 PM   #21  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Wow! I spend one day out of the house, and you guys have soooo much to report. I will start with my busy day and then reply.

We had my DD's best friend's birthday party on Saturday afternoon. In the am, there was still one present left to get, so we had to go to the mall. No biggie. DH decided that he could handle the party, so he had his official first day out of the house (not including the doctor or lab). He seemed a little shaky when we arrived, but before long, he was socializing. My friend (who always keeps everyone guessing what will happen next) informed everyone that the party's theme was a "carnival." So, she assigned us all stations. I was face painting and tattoos. Well, I've never done either. She assumed since I am artistic that I could handle it. The painting was interesting since the palettes couldn't keep still! Once I figured how to do a temporary tattoo, that was easy. It ended up being fun. The food was kid friendly...chicken nuggets and pasta, then homemade ice cream cake and cookies. Yes, I ate it all! DH ate carefully. DD slept over her friend's house for the first time (first sleepover at age 6!). DH and I braved the Chicago/Earth, Wind, & Fire concert. We had to walk 1 mile from the parking lot to the venue. I kept checking to see if DH was gonna pass out. but we took it slowly, and he did okay. The concert was phenomenal. Both bands opened together. It was quite beautiful to see the unity. They set an example that the entire country...no, entire world should follow. Then they flipped a coin, and E, W, & F went first. Spectacular! Then Chicago, outstanding! They ended with 6 songs sung together. I think I have permanent hearing loss! We walked the mile back to our car, called and checked on DD who was sound asleep. We didn't have to pick her up, which I expected since I used to get homesick all the time. DD survived her first sleepover and DH survived his first time out partying since the surgery.

Kerry, I will be interested in what your nutritionist says. It sounds like your stepDD respects you and wants to be like you. That is great for her to have you as a mentor. She is lucky to have you. Sunscreen? I swear, if I don't apply it, it won't be put on at all. I'm sorry your DH keeps on letting you down about so many things. Something I did long ago was to make myself responsible for my own happiness. I plan my days. If he wants to be part of them, he is welcome to join me, but I don't rely on him. What has happened is that we have switched places. Now, I live my life and he looks to me for what to do. It helps that I have only one child, and being a girl, she is always with me unless we arrange things otherwise. Just do your thing girl. Exercise, eat healthy, be busy doing what you want while taking care of those things you have to. Don't look to him for anything. I promise you there will be a shift in power as a result of "not giving a sh*t." He won't know how to handle it.

Robyn, my favorite JB songs are of course, "Margaritaville," "Come Monday," and "Why Don't We Get Drunk..." I just love him so. I'm glad your boy is back home. Did you check him for ticks? Up here in CT is where Lyme Disease originated, so we are paranoid. My sister, brother, and niece all have it. So far, my DH, DD, and I have been lucky. It sounds like you are really doing well.

I am psyched to take the bull by the horns tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:24 AM   #22  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Hope everyone is well and having a great day today! Yesterday was okay. I went to the pool party and talked to a couple of the baseball mom's. Naturally they all showed up late. So I stood around and watched the kids play in the pool for the first 30 minutes. I was ready to leave when my dh got their with the other kiddo. But no such luck! We were there for 3 hours. I was getting bored and hungry. I had to stay away from the cake and chip table. I didn't eat anything there. I did come home and eat a few pieces of broccoli and califolwer. But I survived! Yeah!!!!!
I went to Curves this morning and made it around 3 times. I had only been going around 2 times. So I was proud of myself. Came home to a call from my doctor's office. I go to the hospital next Monday morning to see a diet tech. So I will share my news with you than.
I have learned that I go and do my own thing anymore where my dh is considered. I say this is what I am going to do. If you want to tag along fine, if not I really don't care. But he knew I had made plans with the kids for on Saturday afternoon too. That is why I was so pissed off at him. I left him deal with them to get a shower and get ready for bed. I thought I am not going to help him out by relieving some of the stress off of him. I sat back and watched and laughed to myself. Then he couldn't figure out why the kids were so tired yesterday. I told him that it didn't take a genius to figure that one out. Ball field for 7 hours = tired kids next day!
Sounds like you had a nice weekend Summer! Glad to hear that dd's first sleepover went so well. Did your dh have any problems yesterday from his big outting the day before? I hope not.
Robyn sounds like you are doing great getting back on track. I have the WATP tapes too. But am still waiting for us to go get our new VCR. Our new one that we bought in March broke. So we took it back to H.H. Gregg's. Their service dept. tried to fix it and couldn't, so we are just to pick up a new one. But when we do, I am going to start doing my tapes again. That seemed to help me along with going to Curves. Keep up the good work girls!
We will lose some pounds this summer and keep them off when we go back to school in the fall. I know we can do it!
Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 06-28-2004, 09:16 PM   #23  
Mommy, wife, teacher

I just had to log in all over again...what's with that?!

Well, I spent the day cleaning and doing laundry. I got soooooo behind between spending five 8-hour days at the hospital, then becoming a nurse when my DH was discharged. The last days of school were terribly hectic to say the least leaving me little time even to pee! So, now I am playing catch-up. I barely made a dent in the cleaning, but at least the laundry is mostly done if not folded. My house needs to be presentable by Thursday since I arranged a few playdates for my DD with school friends. Thursday, her school "boyfriend" who is a triplet (she calls them "tricklets") is coming over with his sisters and mom for lunch and to swim in our pool. Friday, DD's best friend (the one with the birthday sleepover) is coming over with her brother and my best friend. Saturday, DD's favorite school friend is coming over with her entire family for a BBQ. I love to entertain, I just hate to clean. But, it is worth it for my only child to have many kids to play with this summer. We are still getting bombarded with phone calls. We figured out if we put the phone on "speaker" that DD can't get into too much trouble saying the wrong thing or arranging her own playdates. I insist upon knowing the parents, not just meeting them. I just want to make sure that she is safe.

My DH and DD slept Sunday away because of all the activities and late night on Saturday. DH has energy to try to do more in the AM, but by lunch, he is sacked out on the couch for the rest of the day. So, he is definitely better, but not quite ready for returning to work. The doctor said July 6th, but he wanted to return tomorrow...not gonna happen!

Kerry, I am very proud of you. You didn't give in to temptation at the party, and you are clearly getting plenty of exercise. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

I think it is time I got back to the gym. My recumbent bike is good, but I think weights would really help me.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:05 PM   #24  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hellooooooo, Girlies!
Sounds as if you both are doing well!

Glad to hear that your weekend was a success, Summer! I *WANTED* to go see that very show...they are going to be in Virginia Beach this coming weekend...or maybe it was this week...anyway, we are not going. For many reasons...the biggest being that concerts are just too much $$$. Rememeber...we went to a show in May...so alas... I've got to sit a few good ones out! The phone here is ringing off the hook also... our oldest ds has been discovered by the girls... oy! It is time to get some rules about being "on the phone"...we've never been this way before...so it is uncharted territory! ...and I'm not too sure what to do... these girls seem so fast and forward! YIKES! We'd better figure it out and QUICK! Glad to hear that your dh is getting some strength back!

Kerry, glad to hear the independance in your "voice"! I talk real big too! But, alas, underneath it all...I'm jello around my dh.... I don't know why...and this isn't always a bad thing... I guess after all these years... I still melt around him! Sick, huh?! It isn't always healthy...but well..... Keep the chin up and you will be successful with it! Glad to hear that your time at Curves is paying off and that you're making progress! Keep it up! 3 times around is great!

Today I spent the day with my dearest friend. I hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving. And I won't see her again for a while as she lives in Florida. (Her daughter is getting married in June... of next year...so unless we figure something else out... We said good bye today until next June...) I talk to her nearly every day but actually spending time together was wonderful! We spent hours at the Williamsburg Winery. Didn't try to "behave" with my food, and except for a BUNCH of wine...I didn't do toooooo badly with my food choices.... not great...but I certainly had a fun time seeing her! I'd never been to a fancy dancy wine tasting... I learned a LOT about wine.... and enjoyed hanging out with my dear friend!

Ohhh....I did my walking yesterday. Today, I didn't exercise. (see above!) Tomorrow will be another 2 mile day! AND I won't have the excuse of hanging out with my best bud...so I will be back to my plan! 30 pounds. 30 pounds! I need to take my measurments...cause I know that it isn't all about the scale! Summer, I agree! Weights! That will be added into my life on Thursday! (Thursday is my weigh in day.......and my "monday"...a new week begins!)

Well...I've surely typed enough for tonight. I'm exhausted from laughing! THAT is a great feeling! Last time I hung out with my friend, we got to laughing so hard and so much that she literally wet her pants while we were at the grocery store! Good news...or not.... the floor at the Winery were dry when we left...as were her pants!
Laughing till you wet your pants...NOW that is hanging out with a great friend! LOL

My favorite Jimmy songs: One Particular Harbor, Pirate Looks at 40, JollyMon, Pencil Thin Moustache....but wait there's more! LOL..... later!

take care...
make a plan and WORK it!
(((hugs)))
meeeeee
Old 06-29-2004, 10:19 AM   #25  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Let me try this one more time. Last night I had typed a long post to you and went to post it and the computer had kicked me off line. So I was not to happy, so I just quit and went to bed instead. So I hope this one goes through.
My husband is back to be an insentive pig where my weight is considered. I told him to get off my back and let me lose the weight on my own. I must have been stressed out the day I asked him for help with losing my weight. I thought he would be a little more understanding and not like a food ****. He is like oh no you can't eat that it has too many carbs in it. Okay how many carbs are in it? I don't know, only though I think it is high. I am going to prove him wrong, I do know that one for sure. Enough about that!
Yesterday we took the kiddos on the bike path. We were able to take them a little further on it. Hopefully by the end of the summer, we can have them going out to the lake and back. That would be good excerise for them all and me too.
Sounds like we are all doing fine about the excerise. Robyn you worked out today. By laughing so hard with your best friend, you were doing stomach excersies.
Summer glad to hear that you are going to be busy with playdates for your dd. There are no little kids who live in our neighbor and all my friends with kids live too far away to play with the kiddos. So unfortnately the kids don't get to play with other kids that much. They play well with each other until they get mad at each other or tired and hungry. LOL.
Well I better go and get ready for the day. It is off to pick up our new VCR/DVD player. Plus we are going to go look at ball bats for next season. Yippppeeeee!!
I will let you know how my weigh in at TOPS went tonight.
Have a great day!
Kerry
Old 06-29-2004, 11:04 AM   #26  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Kerry, it really hurts when the person you love seems to forget about your inner beauty...the most important thing about you...what should have made him fall in love with you in the first place...and what should be keeping you together into old age, i.e., wrinkles etc. It breaks my heart every time I don't feel like I am being cherished for ME. It is unfortunate that the media focuses so much on our outer beauty which then trickles down into our relationships with our loved ones. Chemistry has little to do with appearance, so I don't even think it has anything to do with sex. I have stopped trying to please others, and am now focusing on pleasing myself by concentrating on GETTING HEALTHY. I have bad knees and assorted stomach problems. Losing weight would help those issues. Of course I want to look beautiful, but if my husband's love depends on me being thin and beautiful by media standards, then he may as well leave now. I played that game in my 20's. I am turning 40 in October, and I have come to learn that I MEAN A **** OF A LOT MORE AS A HUMAN BEING than my appearance does. I DESERVE TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT AND DIGNITY. Whoever has something to say about it better take a look at themselves before they open their big mouth and mind their own business. That is how I have come to survive the cruel jokes and heartless coments. Oh, and by the way, the little bit of weight my DH needed to lose is gone as a result of his surgery and difficult recovery. He gets all the luck! Only kidding.

Robyn, I'm so glad you enjoyed being with your friend. It is so hard to have a close friend so far away. I only drink white zinfandel, so a wine tasting wouldn't be for me. But, a frozen drink tour, i.e., margaritas, pina coladas, etc., would be right up my alley!

Well, today we are taking a break from cleaning to go to the beach. DD needs to have some fun. Tomorrow, I will finish the house for company. Even though my body didn't cooperate and give me more than one child, and I am comfortable with that reality, there are times I wish I had a sibling for DD so she would always have a playmate. I guess that is why I am working so hard to make new friends with parents at her school. My neighborhood isn't particularly friendly (remember, I live in the northeast...no southern hospitality here) and except for my best friend, my other friends don't have children DD's age. So, I am forced to make new friends at church and at DD's school. It is good for me too. I love to socialize, and having single and newly married friends has hurt my social life. I can't exactly go out dancing and drinking with "the girls" anymore!

So, off to the beach for me...after I ride the bike.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:01 PM   #27  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Smile

Hey ya'll! Sounds like a mini Dr.Phil session in here! WHICH is alright! We ALL need it! I HEAR both of you about insensitive men and their insightful (ahem) and helpful (ahem again!) comments AS well AS needing to be the one you're trying to please with your life, efforts and other stuff! RIGHT HERE with you sisters!

Summer, I am also turning 40 come my next birthday. The thought of 40 doesn't petrify me like it once did...ie, back when 40 was "old"... BUT it does make the "BirthdayGirl" reTHINK life and stuff. I turn 40 in April. That is 10 months. I would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like to be at my goal weight of 150 (or less...ok...so I can dream!)(150 is MY goal.... but for my height EVERYTHING says I should weigh MUCH less than that....) AND I would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY love to be "in charge" of my life, eating to live and not the other way around. I am also hopeful that in 10 months I will have found a way to make ME a priority! THAT is the trick around my house! To put ME and what is good for me before the rest of the STUFF. We will see! I WILL be successful at the weight loss! I am hopeful about the rest of it!

Today, the boys and I have taken a bike ride over to a friends' house and back. It is over 2 miles round trip...will have to take the car out to see how far it is for sure. The heat isn't outrageous today! Yippeee! BUT, we did get hot and sweaty! Tonight I will do my WATP DVD again. On Thursday, I'm going to start with my weights and my Firm Videos! (Thursday is my "Monday" for my LIFESTYLE calendar and journal! I refuse to call it a diet....hehehhehee) Journal...mentioned that word...WHY the heck do I find it so difficult to fit that in?! THAT is a piece that works for me....so why don't I pick up the darn pen?! Duhh...

Kar, the bats will be on sale at the end of the local season....maybe now! Will your boys play Fall Baseball?! Our youngest will. (The 12 year old has given up baseball for percussion and Boy Scouts...I know I've told you this! Anyway!) Our youngest has just inherited a "new to him" bat from his brother... They spend HOURS throwing and catching and hitting! Yahoo for baseball.....otherwise, he'd want to play football...and Momma can't even stand the thought of someone smashing her kiddo!

Summer, I am also a fan of what I call "Umbrella Drinks"! I would have MUCH preferred to attend an "Umbrella Drink Tasting"! However..... Wine was what the winery was serving.....and I tried to NOT taste.... but am glad that I did it in the end! AND I got a great new wine glass with the Williamsburg Winery monogram on it to keep.... and now can drink my water in style....after all the WW of the winery is darn close to the WW of Weight Watchers!

So far my eating is in control.....I'll confess if I lose it and eat the fridge...but for now, I'm in charge! :LOL: Off to pay the monthly bills! Yahoo! My favorite thing to do....bleech!

KAR, drink a ton of water and potty before you weigh in tonight! My fingers are crossed for even a little loss...that way you can ! AND...if you're gonna do the carb thing.... Get a book with info....and don't go on what HE *thinks* ....but you know that! How did I get on this soap box? Sorry! (((hugs))) It is tough! I know! Hang in there!

take care,
MOVE THAT BODY!
meeee
Old 06-29-2004, 08:24 PM   #28  
Swimming Mouse

I think I need to subscribe to this thread. I completely missed that the thread was still active!

I go back to school tomorrow: we were off for 4 days, and now have 21 days of summer school. My teaching assistant is having massive hissy fits: my school, although we're a private non-public school that does NOT get Title I (or really, any government funding!), has decided that we're going to follow NCLB. And not only are we going to follow it, we're going to implement it whole hog before its required! AND... that means that all of our paraprofessionals that don't have 60 credits, bachelor's degrees or have taken that stupid test get bumped from TA II to TA I. TA I's are paid less. Significantly so. My TA has been doing this for 30 years, she's due to retire this year (though probably wouldn't have but for this nonsense!), and other than my TA from my last inner city school, ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! She really knows her job, she knows how to teach and she's good at working with our population of mostly emotionally disturbed kids. But, because they dropped her from a II to a I, and this year they froze/reduced (we're not sure which) her salary, she says she's going to coast. That isn't going to hurt anybody but me and our students. We're starting a new program within our cluster... we are going to have all the incoming freshman for 'introduction to vocational skills' AKA survey. So I really need her on-board.
As if that weren't enough, despite my endocrine dysfunction, I usually have perfect or near perfect attendance... but the disorder has kicked in big-time.
Its caused my gall bladder to stop working, which is a new symptom. Up till now I've avoided surgery, but I can't anymore. The only way to solve the gall bladder issue is to remove it. Its not necessary for life, so I'm not upset...and I'm going to have the surgery during our 2 weeks off in August... but I have several doctor's appointments that are unavoidably during summer school. Doctors never seem to have office hours that match mine! My TA is telling me that if she feels like staying home, she will...even if I've told her that I won't be there, and that if I'm not there, she won't teach the class the way she's supposed to. This is endemic among TA's in our building, unfortunately.
So I need to deal with this health stuff, and I need her to be supporting to me, but its not going to happen. I'm so scared that she's going to decide that she has to be off the 2 days that I have to have my endoscopy, or one of the other multitude of appointments I'm going to have to do for the surgery.

At least, good news, I swam a whole mile today. I received a birthday gift of an mp3 player, and bought a waterproofing kit for it. The kit came today, so I got to listen to tunes while I swam my laps. It made that last 1/4 mile much easier. And, last week I'd freaked out over a sudden 2 pound gain despite eating less calories (the gall bladder thing is making me throw up lots) than I allow myself. My friends swore it was muscle, and I looked different, but I didn't believe them. So, I checked today, a week later, and I'm down 5... so it was definitely muscle gain!

I'm nattered on enough, but I'm going to subscribe so that future posts aren't so long!

Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:46 PM   #29  
KAR

Hi Anonymous, Robyn and Summer,
Welcome aboard Anonymous! We are glad to have you with us. Sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery. I know that I have a wonderful TA in my room. So I can just a image how you are feeling right now with your health and already being stressed out about that, you don't need her to not be there to help you.
Great news ladies, I lost 5 pounds last week. I don't know how I did it,other than being mad at my dh. But I was so pleased with myself. I am currently 209 and my mini goal is to be under 200 by the end of July.
I had to take my dh to the er tonight. He hurt his leg playing ball with a group of friends and his kids tonight while I was at TOPS. He could hardly walk from the field to his truck and then from the truck to the house. So I told him I was taking him to the ER. He bruised a muscle in his upper right leg. So the dr. gave him two shots and told him to stay off his leg for a few days. That is going to kill him since he is always on the go with his kids. I just hope they understand that daddy can't play with them for a few days. Atleast he will be off my back about losing weight now. It is a bad way for it to happen.
Well I think I am going to go to bed. I have to get up early tomorrow to go workout with one of my friends. Then I have to come home and go to the pharmacy and get my dh's muscle relaxers. Plus I will have to take the kids to the library for the summer reading program by myself. So I will really need to rest up. Since I will be the only one to play with them outside tomorrow.
Talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 06-30-2004, 08:16 AM   #30  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello........as I am adjusting happily to not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still busy up to my eyeballs, with getting kids (but this time my own) here and there- keeping them happy, getting all the stuff done around the house that never gets done while school is in session..........Hope everyone is ok, and I hope to get back here later.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote