Old 06-04-2004, 04:01 PM   #1  
Walking away the weight

Default Stay At Home Moms #187

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!

Old 06-04-2004, 04:03 PM   #2  
Walking away the weight

Hey Crystal, I'm glad DH called and gave his version of an apology, I'm sure it made you feel better Speaking of feeling better, I hope Ally is better the rest of the day - poor thing You'll have to tell us all the details of tomorrow's party, of course. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:18 PM   #3  

Hello, just checking in!

Crystal, I'm glad you got somewhat of an apology from DH, you know him better than anyone else, so as long as you feel you got your point across to him, that's all that matters. I hope Ally feels better soon. My guys get really down from lack of sleep occasionally, especially Ethan. Logan is great at going down for naps, that boy needs his sleep! Ethan on the other hand would run and run until he collapsed in a heap on the floor or in his food, he's done it before. So he's always fighting me on naps. Once he takes one, he's like a whole new kid, but before that he is inconsolable and really down and cranky.

Leigh, that was funny how we both posted at the exact same time and said virtually the same things! Sounds like you are totally enjoying working out, good for you! So what tapes did you actually buy?

Michelle, I'm glad you can feel my pain about being in Phase 1 of SBD. It is really hard right now, especially breakfast. I'm fine once I choke down more eggs, it really does keep me very full and I feel good afterwards. For some reason it never sounds good first thing in the morning. I don't know what my problem is with it. I should try and change it up with a mock danish tomorrow. So enlighten me on Phase 2, what was the first thing you added back and in what quantities? How long do you test that out before adding more carbs. I'd hate to stop losing weight, but I realize it needs to slow down a bit too. I have considered sticking with Phase 1 for a total of 3 weeks to really up my loss. What are your thoughts on that?

Spryng, that carmelized, garlic chicken sounds really yummy! Can you share the recipe with me? It sounds like something that would be OK for my phase of S.beach. Thanks in advanced!

The boys are down, trying to get something in mind for dinner so I don't cave into Friday night pizza, if ya know what I mean! We will be up pricing stuff for our yard sale and I need to make a few flyers for the neighborhood. I hope it goes smoothly, as Steve will have to handle most of the traffic, since the boys can't roam out in the front yard, we'll be inside most of the time.

Well heck, instead of worrying about dinner, I really need to think of lunch!!! Hmm, I have some chicken in the fridge for a big salad, I guess I've decided, now off to eat!

take care everyone,
Di
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:50 PM   #4  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Hey girls,

Just got back from the ENT with Christian. He first stated that I must take him off of milk because he has so much congestion and mucus flowing. Then he said I could get the surgery done, but to expect a two night stay minimum and at least 2 weeks with no running, travel, rough housing, etc. to try to prevent bleeding. So I think I will have to quit keeping my daycare child. At least til school starts back and he is well recovered from the surgery. He kind of left it up to me to decide if I wanted him to have the surgery. I told them to schedule it, but he said if I changed my mind or he seemed to get better that we could cancel. I am thinking it is the best thing. But now he has me questioning my decision. I know I am exhausted, and that we NEVER have a good nights sleep anymore. He often cries out at night. So I hope that putting him through this will help him, or I will feel so guilty.

I didn't weigh today, I forgot, as I was rushing to get ready to go. Tom is here so I might just wait a day or two.

Crystal... I swear we are married to twins from a different mother!! I go through so much of the same stuff you do. It's so hard to get people to understand your situation, especially if they have never been in your shoes. But unfortunately, I have!! Bottom line is you love the guy "warts" and all( as my former Pastor so kindly put it) so you can't just call it quits. Glad things are better today.

I will be back later, I have to go find tylenol liquid for Christian, he can't have any Advil anymore for a while.

Have a fun evening!

Love to all!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:14 PM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Thanks Cindi for saying those words. It is hard for people to understand. My dh has no respect for his own mother, therefore, it's hard for him to understand that he should for other women. I mean, he's not the easy kind of guy that so many husband's are.
Anyways, Ally finally threw up and she's running about 102 so I'm calling everyone to cancel her party until Sunday. I hate doing that at the last minute but I didn't want her to be sick with everyone here anyways. Well, I've got to deal with a sick kid and the others are hungry. I might be back around later, I rented some movies for us to watch. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:12 PM   #6  

Di - Good luck with tagging for the sale. I did the South Beach with dh and it wasn't so bad bc he was so on program keeping me motivated. Then when we went to Phase 2, he lost the motivation and so did I. Do you like the spinach muffin things. I thought they were great. I don't know if it is legal, but I put some salsa on my eggs to liven it up. Individual preferences though.

Spryng - First try for JW. I am actually reading Shettles, How to choose the sex of your baby. They say it is 85%, I would love to have a girl, but of course I would love a little boy as much as I love JW. I have to track ovulation, temp, etc. We will see how it works, it is worth a try. Did you do anything different for boy/girl?

Leigh - I have seen that thing for the tub. I was debating on whether to buy, let me know how it works. We went to toy r us and bought JW the Fisher Price walker thing.

Crystal - I am glad that dh kinda said he was sorry. Each relationship is different, we are not here to judge but to help you out.

Cindi - What is the procedure they want to do on Christian? Did I miss that completely? Go with you gut. I have a problem with reading too much to get me worried and second guess. I read tons on labor and nothing is ever like it seems.

We were suppose to go bowling with the young adults group at church, but dh is getting home late and JW is cranky. I already put him to bed. Do they change bedtimes often? When JW was an infant, he would go to bed at 900pm, now 800pm, but the last couple of nights he was ready at 700.
MIL/FIL will be disappointed that he is not coming over. Anyway, I guess it is a night home.

Di - I am with you on that pizza craving. I am so ready to order one right now. I will hold off for now.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

I got all my running around done and I am totally beat now!! Dinner tonight is turkey chili Yumm!!! I got Taylor and Teagan a little inflatable pool and took them out to play in it. Taylor had a blast but Teagan cried cuz it was cold so we didn't put her in.

Melinda - It's neat that you are getting all ready to try and conceive your next child!! I did a lot of reading when I was ttc Teagan and did all the temp and ovulation tracking etc...but I never believed that you can "choose" the sex of your baby by monitoring all those things, mostly because it is the male sperm that decides the sex, not the womans body. I dunno though, I'm no doctor.

Leigh - That tub stool sounds neat. I just use the step stool I got for Taylor and it stores all her bathtoys inside it.

Cindi - I must have missed what procedure they are going to do also. I'm losing my mind in this old age lol jk. Don't ever feel guilty for trying to make your childs life easier, I'm sure they surgery will help him greatly or the doctor would not have recommended it! Hang in there girl!! We're here for you!!

Di - The first thing I added when I went to phase II was whole wheat low carb tortillas, now I have soft tacos, and breakfast burritos, and sandwich type wraps. Tortillas are so versatile. If you can find them anywhere I recommend the carb chopper whole wheat tortillas, they have a great texture, not grainy at all. I also added in fruit. I love braeburn apples, but I peel them because I hate apple skin.

Crystal - So glad your hubby gave you his kind of apology. You deserve it!! I'm sorry we don't all understand sometimes, I can imagine its frustrating.

Spryng - Have a great weekend with your Hubby!! Keep us posted on the WI's!!

Ok girls I need to go eat some supper. I'm sure I'll be back later!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:50 PM   #8  
Walking away the weight

Default Good Evening!

Hi everyone. Had Thai for dinner (I think that just may be my favorite type of food!). I wasn't sure how to calculate some of the dishes, so I counted it as 12 points, even though there's no possible way I actually consumed that much THis leaves me 2 points for one of my WW desserts - the most important item of the day, of course.

Di - I bought three of the Tamilee Webb's tapes from her "I Want Those" series - I got the I want Those Abs, I want Those Buns, and I want Those Arms. There's a DVD that has them all on it. If you go to Collage Video, you can read a description and see a clip. Good luck with the yard sale!

Cindi - I send ((hugs)) to you and Christian! Poor guy. I know exactly what you mean about feeling guilty either way.

Crystal - oh no!! I hope Ally is well enough to have the party Sunday. I'm sure you're all disappointed Hope she feels better very soon!

Melinda- I am going to try the tub seat this weekend. We'll need to use it on our standard tub, because the tub in our master bedroom is a "garden" tub - the very large kind - and the side isn't normal - it's like a pyramid, if that makes sense

I'm already exhausted I think I'll eat a zero-point salad to tide me over an hour or so until I indulge in dessert . . .
Old 06-04-2004, 07:55 PM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Hey Michelle - we posted at the same time This keeps happening to me I loovvveee Turkey Chili - I have an excellent recipie if you ever want it. I've never looked into how many calories it is (it's a family recipe), but I doubt it can be too high.

I didn't do too much in terms of trying to conceive . . . uh, well, other than the obvious I mean, I usually know when I'm ovulating, so I was like, "If we're going to get pregnant, it'll be this week." And . . . my due date was nine months to the day of DH's Birthday
Old 06-04-2004, 09:14 PM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Well, me and the kids just watched Cheaper By The Dozen, that was cute. It actually made me excited about having another, I love the big family scene, but moreso as the kids get older. Anyways, Ally has thrown up a few times, but now she's sitting up smiling. I hope that was it but we'll see.
Leigh, I've never had Thai food, what kind of stuff is it exactly. I'm sure I wouldn't like it as picky as I am.
Michelle, glad you got your errands ran.
Melinda, I think as they get older and go through their growth spurts they do start to change alot including their sleeping patterns. Think about it, as he is getting bigger and becoming more active, he's probably getting more tired so I think that maybe why he's going to bed earlier. Just wait until they say, can I stay up late tonight, please, please, please.
Anyways, when dh gets home we're gonna watch Matrix Revolutions, the only one we've not seen. I've also got Mona Lisa Smile to watch maybe tomorrow. I was so happy to hear Julia Roberts was preg. with twins. I've watched so many interviews with her and she has wanted this for so long.
Anyways, I hope you are all having a good evening. I'll check in tomorrow. Since the party has been moved to Sunday, I'll clean all day tomorrow. Good Night.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 09:52 PM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Crystal - I meant to mention the Julia Roberts thing to you because she's pregnant with twins and I was thinking it would be neat if you're also pregnant with twins because they'd be born around the same time. But, anyway, the movies sound good. We just watched Master and Commander the other night.

Thai food is Asian. There is always steamed (white) rice. Thai is richly seasoned, and often spicy (though not necessarily). Recipes usually include garlic, chillies, limejuice, lemon grass, ground peanuts, and coconut milk. You probably would not like it if you are somewhat picky - my sister is very picky and does not like Thai at all
Old 06-04-2004, 11:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Leigh - You got me craving some pad thai now!! I also love thai food!! We have a pretty good thai rest. here but I haven't been able to go in a LONG time lol. My turkey chili was all I had to eat today. Fridays are just so busy for me that I didn't get a chance to eat. I also got a 5 mile walk away the pounds workout in, along with 20 minutes of resistance bands, I know I'm not supposed to do them but my arms need toning up really bad so I did them any way. I would love to have your recipe for turkey chili I just made a quick pot of it store seasoning and tomato sauce, onions, ground turkey, and low sodium kidney beans. Well I better get to bed I'm exhausted after today, I'll see you guys in the morning.

Love to all!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:05 AM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

I wanted to pop in!

It has taken me most of the day to skim through all the posts but I made it.... whew...... LOL

I didn't want to go all into detail about my family time but things are settling down here. To make a long story short...My brother and his ex are separated and he is remarried. He has a nine y.o. son who lives with his mom, her two other kids (by diff dad's) and her 4th husband, the grandma, cousin and gf...You get the pic....

Anyways,
My nephew and his mom got into an agruement. He asked if he could stay with us b/c my bro works long hours and went back to college, his wife's in nursing school doing night clinicals. He went back to his moms this week until my bro can move him in at his house.

Anyhow, being a good aunt I have been helping out. I have not had time for myself with four kids here! Cindi, I don't know how you do it

I am going to try to start posting regularly again.

Melinda,
Please let me know if you need anything help with the weaning... not physically but advice... I hope the weaning will help with your weight loss! And congrats on ya'll going to try to conceive again! You are a wonderful mom

Michelle,
You are going to blow away! You are doing soo very awesome and I know you will be at goal this year! Keep it up! I hope you are enjoying the job!

Geri,
All I gotta say is, you are the WOMAN! I can't believe you do the watp's 4 mile all the time. I did the 3 mile yesterday and I was sore this morning.

Spryng,
Enjoy dh. Please let us know how the weigh in goes. Have you did all the research on breaking a plateau. I am sure you have but I was just checking!

Crystal,
MAJOR Congrats to you on the pregnancy! That is wonderful! Hope the kids are feeling better soon

Leigh,
Congrats on your weight loss! I have never heard of those dvd's. How are they???

Cindi,
I am not sure if I missed it but what kind of surgery is Christian having? I will keep him in my prayers.

Di,
Hi! I am Penny I am also on SB since February and have lost 23.5 pounds on it so far. I love it! I added back old fashioned oatmeal, wheat pitas and my berries, strawberries, raspberries and such.

I am so sorry if I miss anyone! It is going to take me a little while to get back into the posts.

I got in my walk away the pounds dvd's a couple days ago and I am addicted to them!!!!! LOL

I will try to check in tomorrow! We are going to my cousin's to go swimming.

Have a wonderful night!
Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:14 AM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Leigh,

Speaking of the Thai......
Do you have any kind of recipe for thai chicken.... me and hubby love it but can't find a recipe we like!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:32 AM   #15  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Hey everyone!

Christian is having his tonsils and adnoids removed. Even after a week of antibiotics, he is still laying around and seems to be in pain. So I guess it's worth a try to help him get better!

Penny...So glad to see you here again!! Glad your leave of absence didn't have to be very long. Thanks for the prayers!

Well girls, after I said I was going to the store for meds, I never made it! I spent the evening in the ER with Seth who is my 5 year old ds! His older brother Jared(14) was giving him a ride on his bike and Seth's foot got twisted up in the wheel and he broke it in several places. The doc said he couldn't see any hard breaks in the bones, but was concerned about growth plates(whatever those are) and that the breaks in those couldn't be detected by any testing, so he put a half cast on it anyway to be cautious. With the wounds on his foot, he is almost certain there is damage there. Seth has several open wounds, so they don't want to do the whole cast and risk getting those infected. He can't walk at all, they want him on crutches and I am really doubtful he will be able to use them. So we are gonna have a fun weekend and who knows how long after that!! When it rains, it pours!

I had fast food late at night, so my day went wayyyy off plan...heck I might as well end the day with a bowl of ice cream and start back tomorrow, lol!!!!

It may be hard for me to get personal in the days ahead, so I apologize in advance if I don't address everyone when I should. I just don't know what to expect anymore. But I have to read and post as I can to keep my accountability going strong. I have lost all this weight because of you all, so I have to stick with it, on whatever level I can!

OOPS! Duty calls, see you tomorrow, friends!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote