Old 05-29-2004, 08:21 AM   #16  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Ladies,
This is just a quick "hello" before I am off to VT for the weekend. My niece is having a birthday.
I didn't loose last week, but I was also not as disiplined as I should have been. I didn't gain either. Yeah!
Anyway, my goal for the weekend is to get in my water, cause while it is easy at home, it is much harder on the road.
Have a great holiday, Ladies.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:06 AM   #17  

SATURDAY: SUNNNY THOUGHT SATURDAY

HI GUYS ITS THE GIMP HERE ! I AM HAVING A LOT OF PAIN, SOME FROM BODY PARTS TAKING OVER FOR SOMETHING ELSE LIKE MY SHOULDERS WHICH ACHE BUT I WILL GET THROUGH THIS

SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SORRY I CAN'T DO EVERYONE INDIVIDUALLY BUT IT TAKES A LOT OUT OF ME JUST TO TYPE THIS. KEEP WORKING HARD GIRLS

FAYE
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 10:59 AM   #18  

Default Early Mornin'

Just a quick post - The Lion King was fabulous! Our seats weren't the greatest - we were on the floor but on the side and had to turn our heads to catch most of the action stage left. I will know better next time I go this theater.

My poor daughter who drove 3 hours here yesterday had to drive back this a.m. after we take her car in for service at 8 But we had girl time getting our hair done yesterday and we will have breakfast and coffee together while we wait for her car.

I did only got in 2 pointer yesterday but I am determined to get a 4 pointer today and finish the week with 5. Afraid to weigh in but will post before the day is out.

Have a great day everyone!

mscat816 sw238/cw on 5-21 227/gw140

mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 01:54 PM   #19  

Hello Everyone,

Not much going on here. I'm having a better day, which I figured I would. I need to go to the store and get food. I have nothing in the house which is always dangerous. I'm just not looking forward to the walk because I know how hot it is outside. Oh well. Nothing to be done about it.

I messed up my 4 point week yesterday. I ate pizza last night. Not too surprising. As I said I didn't have any food in the house and then I was in a bad mood / upset which leads me into all sorts of problems. Not much to be done about that right now. So I get 3 points for yesterday.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Beth
beth_on_the_beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 11:32 PM   #20  

Hi All....I've been doing ok I guess...I think I'm just frustrated at the moment and not finding the motivation to exercise...water isn't good either...
In other news...I've got an appartment!!! well...almost. We applied and put down a reservation deposit...its SO nice. A 3 bedroom, 2 bath, upstairs, with a porch, and the complex has a pool, sauna, spa, laundry, and we look out onto this grove of trees with picknic tables and barbeques! I'm so excited!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 07:53 AM   #21  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is this week's Poll: What is the last really good book you read and what was it about?

Morning ladies. Looks like everyone is having a nice weekend. I am able to use both hands a little more, but one arm is injured and the other one the emt put my line in wrong and all my meds flooded under the skin instead of through the vein so it has been really swollen and bruised and very very sore so it also has been hard to use and still is. I go to my reg dr on Tues and then on to the others.

Susan: Hope you get your apartment, sounds lovely.

MsCat: We have had those kind of seats and it is nice to be down in front but when you kill yourself to still see it is not so great. Glad you guys had a nice time.

As for me, I am pretty depressed and you know that is NOT me. Food has been just ok because preparing is very difficult so we eat what is easy though I am not snacking a lot. I haven't exercised at all since Tues as getting around is hard enough, but after I see the dr I am going to try and convince him to let me get into the pool everyday for a little while anyway.

Ok, hands hurt now so I am going to go.

Faye
Old 05-30-2004, 02:02 PM   #22  

Hello Everyone,

Not much going on here. I got 4 points for yesterday and should today so that will give me 6 - 4 point days out of the 7. Not bad. I would of made it all 7 if it wasn't for that darn pizza Friday lol. I am bad about that. I get upset and do something I shouldn't. Oh well. Not much that can be done about it now.

Faye - Sounds like you're having a tough time of it. Don't try to do too much too fast. Although I would think easy swimming might be good for you and feel good.

Susan - New apartments are always fun. When I was younger, in my 20's, my Aunt used to say that instead of cleaning my apartment I'd just move to another one when the one I was living in got too dirty lol. I guess I did move alot.

I crocheted a beret last night with this really soft dark purple yarn. It turned out really cute, but I wasn't paying attention to the hook size and used too small of a hook so it is just a tad small. Oh well, I think I will make a couple more. With the right sized hook lol. They are really cute although it will be too warm here to wear it until December.

Well, hope everyone has a nice day.

Beth
Old 05-30-2004, 06:24 PM   #23  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Congrats on the Apartment Susan that is so exciting

Had a good weekend here and i resisted buying a pizza today after i'd finished work i was really fancying one and its so easy to grab one with working in a supermarket but i know i would have made a out of myself this afternoon so i thought better of it. Glad i did now
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 07:36 PM   #24  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all!

I only got 1 point yesterday - I was feeling low and suddenly lost all motivation - I did well all day, but got hungry really late at night and ended up having 2 sandwiches and toast!! In my defence, I was REALLY hungry!

Oh well, today is a new day and I got 4 points - so I think that is 6 out of 7 for me also.

Me and Nigel were talking about getting married and guess where we are going to do it? - on a beach in the Caribbean!

We are so excited! We need to work out the finances, but it will actually be cheaper than a big traditional do here, as all we will be paying for is my dress, the rings and the holiday.Nigel wants me to get married in a silver bikini - but I think I'll keep that as my going away outfit! - my dress will have to be very thin and loose,because of the heat, so all the more need to lose all my weight - I don't want to be letting it all hang out!

I bought myself a swimming costume - there was a very poor choice, but it will do the job (i.e hold everything in place!)

SUSAN - Your new apartment sounds lovely - a pool aswell? You lucky thing!

BETH - Well done for your 6 out of 7! I hear you about the bad day and the pizza - I do exactly the same thing! You've done really well to get straight back on track.

FAYE - Sorry things are rough for you right now. Your arms sound pretty bad. Could you maybe just go out for some long walks until your arms recover? I like to listen to my personal stereo when I am walking - it detracts from all the horrible traffic noise where I live! Hope you feel better soon.

CAT - WELL DONE on bypassing the pizza - that is no easy thing!

Take care

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 06:03 AM   #25  

Hi girls....I'm not doing so well right now...Its very late, so there is no one really I can talk to ... so I hope you don't mind me venting things here. Here's the story...In the (fabluous) new apartment will be living: me, and my 2 good friends Melissa and Kevin.

Soap Opera #1: Kevin has a long term crush on Melissa and she does not know this.

Soap Opera #2: Melissa has been dating another friend of ours for a while but it recently ended, and because of certain reasons only very few knew about this relationship at all, Kevin being one of the clueless ones.

Problem #1...I feel like this is burning inside of me...I don't want to see Kevin hurt! And I feel awkward that melissa has no idea...same thing with melissa's boyfriend thing. I'm affraid Kevin will find out in a not so sensitive way and be a little crushed. Ok, more than a little. But I don't want to betray Kevin's trust by telling someone.

Problem #2, this whole thing is just salting old wounds. I HATE secrets like that. Two friends once thought it would be funny to tell me they had dated over one summer and let me believe it for a month and a half till I was told the truth. What made it worse was the fact that I was completely head over heals and pining away for the male part. AND the girl knew it. I know that Melissa has her reasons, and they are good ones. But it still puts me off...

Another thing..and this is a completely personal problem, is the fact that I find myself a little jealous of Melissa recently. I love her to death, and she's my closest friend in this town, but that's just the thing...everyone seems to like her and be more attached to her than to me...Its been the same problem my entire life, having to sit there and hear my closest friend...talk about their closest friend. Even within my family sometimes I used to think...because I'm they youngest by many years...that I wasn't thought of as a sister...but a little sister.

So that's whats been eating me tonight...I kind of broke down earlier, I'm ok now. Needed SOMEONE out there to know. Thank all of you so much for just being around on here.

And another thing, did you all hear about the Abduction in broad daylight in Corvallis, OR? That happened seriously 2 blocks from where I live. And the only possible suspect is a creep they had once found with hundreds of women's underware that he had stolen from dorms. CREEPY! I feel like the bad news is following me...I live in Oregon City too...where in 2002 the two 13 year old girls were missing and found in a backyard that 1/2 the town has to pass every day on there way somewhere.

Last edited by Scuzin; 05-31-2004 at 06:07 AM.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:50 AM   #26  

Height: 5 foot

Hi everyone! Can only stop by for a quick post!!! I've been ripping and running the whole time I've been here STILL havent had a vacation!!!! I havent exercised either like I said, no time at all, i mean not even to do my denise austin tape!! But I think I"m going to the YMCA for the rest of the week and make it up. On my way to get may hair done and off to my sisters graduation crawfish boil. I havent stayed on plan exactly but have watched my portions on what I did eat. I have lost 4 more lbs!!!!!!!!! YAY YAY! I just weighed myself so i'm so happy, I havent been this size in like almost 3 or 4 years. Well I gotta go now, sorry I couldnt read posts and comment, but I will make up for it later!!! Take Care!! (((HUGS)))
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:02 AM   #27  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to focus on what we truly and deeply want out of this weight loss thing. If we are just making the motions because we know it is what we are supposed to do, it is like going to church because it is the right thing to do and then not listening. WE NEED TO LISTEN! We need to listen to our bodies, we need to listen to our emotions and to our needs. If we are doing this to please someone else we need to stop it, if we are doing it so the world won't make fun of us, we need to stop it. Our priority when losing weight should be not only to better our health and to look better, but to come to terms with everything that caused us to do this to ourselves in the first place. Work on you this week and what you want out of being a slimmer healthier you with a healthier attitude towards it all.

Susan: I did hear about that nut case and saw all the underwear he has collected, hopefully stealing from a store not having takien it from women he has attacked etc. Hope this woman comes up safe and sound and you need to find a self defense class if you are anxious about this being so close. As for the friends, first off jealousy benefits only others not yourself so you need to look at why you are jealous of this other young woman then look at yourself and see all the qualities you have that she doesn't and build on those. You are a beutiful young woman in your own right and don't need to look to someone else to provide it to you! As for the romance stuff, trust me, let them work it out themselves. They are not children and hurt does go away if Kevin finds out. Besides, you need to see it this way, if he never approached this young woman about starting a relationship and she has no clue, she did nothing wrong in having one of her own with someone else and he shouldn't be hurt but get his gumption up and tell her!!!

Amanda: I hurt one whole side of my body so I have to take it easy with walking right now. I am using a stupid walker so you know how that goes!

Well, I am sore now so gotta sign off. I am going to have Jack walk me across to the pool today and I am going to work out lightly in the pool.

Faye
Old 05-31-2004, 11:42 AM   #28  

Morning All,

Not much going on here. I did get 4 points for yesterday so that gives me 6 out of 7 days of 4 points for our 4 point week. Certainly not bad, but I do wish I hadn't messed up the other day.

Faye - Hope you enjoy the swim.

Susan - I agree with Faye. Let them work it out. Besides if you're going to be living with both of them you don't want to get in the middle of it. As for being the little sister that's just a fact of life. When you are the youngest, as I am, it doesn't matter how old you are the family still sees you as the baby. I'm 41 and it hasn't changed yet. Don't think it ever will. As for jealousy it doesn't get you anywhere. Just be your own person and don't worry about others. In the long run you'll be a lot happier.

Amanda - Sounds like a great place for a wedding. I live on the beach in Florida and I see weddings all the time. I agree with going less formal. The ones that are in formal gown and such, personally, I always thought looked a little silly out on the sand.

Have a great day,

Beth
Old 05-31-2004, 03:39 PM   #29  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Susan, I would'nt mind being the "little" sister at all cos i always think the youngest get a little bit more spoilt than the others my little sister always did as for Melissa and Kevin i think ignorance is bliss what if he does tell her that he's nuts about her and they pick up with each other where does that leave you? do you want to spend your time watching them cuddling on the sofa? just put it out of your mind and enjoy being 3 buddies living together like Faye said neither party is guilty of anything cos they don't know what the other one is thinking or doing good job too the other thing is if you do say anything and Melissa is flattered and starts a relationship with Kevin it could end less than amicably and think of the situation you would be in then forget about it, move in together and enjoy the amenities it will work out fine

I'm doing OK here walked 3.5mls this morning and just had lunch and i was ready for it cos i missed brekky

Amanda, the carribean wedding sounds fabulous i got married in Vegas myself (second time) and i loved it.

Last edited by cat90; 05-31-2004 at 03:43 PM.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:42 AM   #30  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good Morning Ladies,
I hope everyone had a great holiday. It was a little cold and windy in VT but my neice's birthday party was very nice. They held it at a camp ground and had bobbing for apples and a pinata.
I wasn't very good over the weekend. I had a lot of water but not enough and I sampled the cake and ice cream and had lots of good Mommy-cooking. Which never helps my waist-line.
On the other hand, when my mom was in the bahamas she baught me this lovely hand dyed shirt, in Medium and it fits. It as nice to see smaller clothes fitting on me again.
I am aiming for a 4 point day today. I have already started on my water and we are going for a walk this afternoon even if we have to do it in the rain.
Have a great day, Ladies.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote