Old 05-20-2004, 11:28 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay at home mom's #176

Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 11:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Crystal, thanks for starting the new thread! I posted after your last post so I'll re-post it here, lol. Everyone seems to be posting simultaneously lately.

OK, one last post from me until nap time, LOL

Leigh, that book Saving Dinner is at a decent price on Amazon.com or you can pay 10 bucks and have her email you 3 months worth of menus! (which is what I wanted to do but then decided I'd check out the book first) But what I like about it is all the recipes sound really good but are simple to make. And don't take much time. Plus after every menu she also adds what to have on the side which I always have a hard time deciding and it's healthy stuff. So I'm going to try it out and see how I like it. Have fun on your trip!! Can't wait to hear about your WI! Sounds like it will be good too.
Michelle, I went to bed smiling too, lol. I was thinking over our chat and started giggling like crazy LOL. I was just so happy. Took me over 30 min to fall asleep because I kept running our conversation through my head and giggling, LOL
Geri, boy have I done that with jeans. I was so impatient to get in them when they were a little snug so I'd wear them around the house so they would losen up (which was uncomfortable to say the least) and then after the day was over they weren't too bad... but then you have to wash them and start ALL over again, lol. Not worth it anymore, lol. I'd rather be a size bigger than put myself through the pain. If 10 pm is too late for you I'm sure we can start at 9:30 or something. We'd love to chat with everyone!

OK, I still haven't got dressed. So I am off here to do that now and go over my shopping list again. I am going to go after nap time. I'm going to go through my spice cabinet and write down everything I have in there and keep it posted on the inside of that cabinet door. I find myself buying the same things over and over because they are lost in there, LOL. So next time I'll be able to look at my list and see if I have the spice a recipe calls for before buying a new bottle of it.
So off I go... talk to you all at nap time!
Old 05-20-2004, 11:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

mmmmm I just had a breakfast burrito of sorts lol egg substitute, sundried tomatoe mayo and a whole wheat wrap!! yummyyy Not as good as fast food but hey still pretty good! I can't wait for dinner tonight already lol I'm going to make stuffed bell peppers but I'm not going to use ground beef I'll substitute ground turkey.

hey Spryng!!!! did you check your nose this morning for shaving cream?? I was tickling your nose with a feather after I dabbed shaving cream on your finger lol Just a continuation of dum dum dummmmm "The SleepOver" lol Psssttt shhh I'm planning on getting Penny with the hand in warm water trick so she pees the bed....don't tell her though

Ok I admit that I'm just in a wierd mood today lol Yes I did do my daily weigh in lol of course I couldnt keep from hopping on that baby lol so 229 again today, man I sure wish I knew when my TOM is coming I have no clue anymore grrr I had surgery on my cervix the end of March and I had like a 2 day very light tom but nothing since its aggrivating.

Ok I gotta go now lol really I do. See you guys in a bit!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Spryng-That Saving Meals Book sounds good, I will have to check it out at the library. In general, do you have a list a menus that you choose for dinner or do you make a lot of new recipes? I would guess you try a lot of new things because I always see you mentioning new recipes. I love trying new stuff, but it always takes longer to figure out something new, so I go back to old favorites a lot.

Michelle-The worst sleepover jokes that were played on me were when my brother had friends over. Once I woke up and didn't realize for several minutes that I had a mustache and goatie drawn on. I think it was pretty hard to get off too. We got my friend once by coating her door knob with lip stick, she got it all over her hand without noticing and kept rubbing her face and saying how tired she was. LOL. Your breakfast burrito and your stuffed peppers sound good, seems like you are getting pretty creative! One fun place to look for recipes is on the Food Channel website (I don't know the URL, but if you type The Food Channel into your browser you'll find it in no time). Anyway, they have a low carbs cooking show and the recipes are online.

Well, good day all. My little boy has become so active that I'm having a hard time keeping up with him. I'm used to having him stay in one place, but now I put him down and the next thing I know he's gone, usually trying to find something inappropriate to put in his mouth, or something large to try to pull down on top of himself. I've got to stay on my toes. Well, I better run after him now!!! Talk later.
jessivalentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:23 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
I have had a huge problem getting a post to go thru for the past 2 days, so I will keep this one short. Gee, an easy thread to respond to.....only 2 replies!111

Jessi- well, get your roller skates out!!! SOunds like your little one is all over the place and keeping you hopping! Does he still nap? At least then you can count on a few minutes that you can be off guard. Hope your day goes well.

Michele- congrats on the WI. Ok, it was not a loss......but not a gain either!!!And if TOM is due in a while.....well then no loss is good news. Sometimes it is best to not weigh in daily.....too many fluctuations.

Been busy- and at this point can't wait till school is out and I get maybe a wee bit of time to myself. Well, maybe.......Got an interesting weekend coming up. Saturday is our anniversary......and well I think that Dh has forgotten it totally. It is softball/baseball season and honestly, that is ALL he wants to talk about....somebody wake me up when it is over........yawn......
(softball and baseball, that is!). So, I am just going to wait this one out- see if he remembers.....I am kind of expecting that he will not.
Well, off to play in the garden a bit! Hopefully this will post. See ya and Hi to all I missed.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Default Hey Ginny-I'm Back!!

I don't have much time to post right now, but I noticed that Ginny always posts when they open up a different thread than what I've been on. So...Ginny, hopefully you notice me this time that I'm back! DH comes home today, so I have to "tidy" up the house, so no time to post. I just stopped by to read the posts. See yah all later.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:46 PM   #7  
SAHM of 3

Hey there girls. I'm having lunch and fixing to lay down for a nap. I just wanted to drop in and read a few posts.
Ever since I got my "new & improved" scale reading, I've been so motivated. I haven't had ANY cravings like I did yesterday. I've been doing well.
I think for dinner I'll make oven beef stew and homemade cornbread. Sounds good to me. I usually have a tough time though staying away from the cornbread after only one serving.
Anyway, I hope the day is treating you all well. Hope to see posts from EVERYONE later. TTYL
Old 05-20-2004, 02:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi! It's me again!

Crystal, I hope you get your nap in. I'm fixing to go down for one too since my sleepover kept me up so late last night! LOL. (must have energy for tonight) so glad you are feeling so motivated! Really makes a difference. And good luck with that cornbread. What I would suggest is making cornbread muffins and just enough for you to have 1 and that is all, you know? I love cornbread too.
Jackie, where has your Dh been? I emailed Ginny and let her know you were back because I noticed too you guys weren't posting in the same threads, lol. She was so excited! So I'm sure you two will cross paths soon.
Ginny I sure hope your dh hasn't forgotten your anniversary! Maybe he's pretending to forget because he has a suprise! (wishful thinking? lol) So how many years will it be? Congrats and Happy anniversary!!! (did you get him anything?)
Jessi, yes usually I sit down on wednesday's and write out a menu for the week. It's usually a couple recipes I know I like and have made thousands of time (like spaghetti or soft tacos) and then a couple new ones from my cookinglight magazine or ww magazine or online and then an easy crockpot one or box dinner. But this Saving Dinner will change all that. I'm going to completely go off of her menus and grocery lists (makes it one less thing I have to sit down and do or think about) and see how it goes. People rave about her recipes and they are pretty neat. Once a week you will have a crockpot dish, a fish dish, a soup or stew, etc. Lots of variety and fresh veggies. Go check out this web page and see a sample weeks menus and grocery list (or even try it out! lol) she has low carb menus too http://www.savingdinner.com/menumailer.html The only thing I'm leary about is the soups for dinner. Soup normally doesn't fill me up so I never make it, but of course she adds sides to it and the soups and stews look pretty hearty so it may suprise me. And I can have leftovers for lunches too. Anyway, if anyone checks out that web site let me know what you think ok?
Michelle, that breakfast burrito sounds good! I like to make one every now and then. I use eggbeaters (southwestern eggbeaters) and crumbled boca sausage pattie, a slice of cheese and taco sauce and it's very good too. And you crack me up about the sleepover antics! lol. Well if you did the shaving cream to me then I put your bra in the freezer!!! lol.

Well... it's really warm in my room now so i guess I'll turn the fan on me and take a nap. I'm not really tired tired... but I know I'll pay for it later if I don't try. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 02:39 PM   #9  

Good afternoon, ladies. What a week! I was up .4 for my weigh in this morning, which is suprising with the extra portions I have been eating. I go back to weigh in on Sat, should be down by then.

Penny, sorry to hear about your neighbor.

My toaster oven went up in flames when I had Circle. Luckily we had a fire extinguisher and let it out. The house still smells. I just put taco shells in it. I am going to write the manu. when I find the time. Good thing is that JW was not in the house bc the smoke was awful. Thank God we are all safe.
Circle is a group of church ladies my age and we get together once a month. Mostly a social club, we meet at different homes each time.

BIL/SIL are in town so that has been busy as well.

Weaning is having its ups and downs. One minute I am happy since I can give him a bottle and vacuum at the same time. The next I am upset bc he is spitting up and I think it is my fault. He is a spitter, but I don't know if I think is it more because I feel guilty.

This weekend the MOMS CLub is having a garage sale, so I have been Spring Cleaning like crazy. I agreed to be the Hospitality for the MOMS Club, so I am responsible for organizing meals for sick members, preg., etc

The good thing to all of this craziness is that my 30th b-day is a week from today. DH is throwing me a party on Friday. My sister and bf are coming from out of town. We are going to have so much fun. So get me thru this week, ladies. I will catch up and get personal later. I need a nap.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 03:56 PM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, thanks for those ideas about the cornbread. I always forget to make the muffins. I guess one muffin is considered one serving, huh? I think my other servings tend to be bigger than one muffin, LOL!! Anyway, I checked out that website a while back and didn't like but I'm gonna check it out again. Everything seemed gross to me, you know, I'm pretty picky. But you've convinced me to check it out again.

I had a short little nap and have been outside and just mopped the kitchen/dining. Fixing to put it back together. My oven beef stew has to bake for over an hour so I think I'm gonna get it put together. Well, hope the day is going good for you all.

Melinda, sorry to hear about the toaster. I've never tried to put taco shells in them but I'm not sure I ever will either. Are you ready to turn 30???

TTYL
Old 05-20-2004, 04:11 PM   #11  

Damn frozen bra.....Can't get it clasped and now I got frost bite lol!!

Well I got a nap in but hubby decided to come "wake me up" after the girls were asleep lol Men I tell ya....lol

I can't wait for my dinner I'm excited to try something different and I haven't had stuffed peppers in like years! I do need to go get some exercise in though I haven't been getting it done as early as I was. I got a call today for an interview for a hotel to work for a few evenings a week which might be nice. But I'll still be home with my girls during the day.

Melinda - OOOhhhhh a birthday party sounds soo fun!! I don't think I've ever had a birthday party in fact I'm pretty sure lol. And that MOMS club sounds so neat I really would love to get into something like that here.

Spryng - I was thinking of running to the store to get a boca chub but I wasn't ready to go out in public lol and I didn't feel like getting ready to go out lol so I just did with the eggs lol. I know that eggbeaters has some different flavors but I never get them cuz I'm not sure how I'll like them, I hate to buy stuff and then it goes to waste cuz I don't like it lol. Oh thanks for the frozen bra!! I decided to put it in the microwave on defrost well I forgot it had an underwire and my microwave AND bra have exploded lol this was truely a prank gone bad lol.

Ginny - Great to see a post from you!! I really hope hubby doesn't forget your anniversary I would be so sad if it were mine. But on the otherhand I won't let my hubby forget lol I drop shameless hints all the time lol.

Jessi - thanks for the info on the food channel I'm going to go check it out after I'm done posting Oohhhh some good pranks too lol but I won't draw on Penny or Spryngs face lol I don't wanna be cruel or anything MMMUUAHAHAHAHA!! Omg I can't believe your friend didn't notice that she put her hand in lipstick I think I would notice cuz it would feel slightly wet and squishy lol.

Ok girls I need to go find a recipe for stuffed peppers, I'll be back in awhile I'm sure

Michelle
Old 05-20-2004, 04:51 PM   #12  
SAHM of 3

okay Spryng, I checked out saving dinner and I don't really care for it. I am so picky the majority of the things on there sound disgusting to me. I'm afraid it would be a waste of money when it's something I can actually do myself. But I'm glad it's working out for you and I've read ALOT of testimonials for it, but like all things, it's not for everyone.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:22 PM   #13  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile

Hey Girls!

Can I run something by you all? I keep a child during the week for extra income. The mom gets childcare assistance so she pays 44 and the state pays 31 for a total of 75. She asked if she could not pay when he isn't here and I said yes. But she takes out 15 dollars per day, which is the total daily amount. She only pays 8.80 per day from her own pocket, so I don't think she should take out more than she pays? But she seemed to disagree, so am I wrong? My DH is the one who started this so I don't know which way I feel is best. What do you all think?

I am having an okay day I guess. Not been very hungry because my A/C is acting up again and I am hot and miserable! Tomorrow is the last day of school here, so I have award programs to go to. Daycare baby won't be here either, yipee!!

It will be 11pm my time for that chat, so I will have to see if I can swing it. Maybe with summer here it won't be an issue.

Be back later, I need to figure out an easy dinner plan.
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:30 PM   #14  

Cindi - Absolutely do not give her more than she pays!! For one that is fraudulent and she is making money off the state!! You should report to the state that you aren't caring for him as much as before, and then tell them what she is attempting to do, I don't mean to come across as mean but I think there is a line and she has crossed it.

Sorry to hear you are hot and miserable hopefully your A/C will come out of PMS mode soon!!

Well I got in a 3 mile walk and I asked hubby to watch my friggen brown rice that takes 45 minutes to cook and of course he didnt he just let it burn in the pan man am I furious right now grrrrr one little thing oh well I won't make that mistake again. Ok all done venting about that lol.

Posting kind of slowed down after lunch time lol what happened to ya'll?? Well I gotta go check on my supper, I'll post again after I eat.

Michelle
Old 05-20-2004, 08:01 PM   #15  

Cindi - I agree with Michelle. She is taking advantage of you. You are really helping her out. Sorry about the A/C. Good that you are not so hungry.

Michelle - I always mess up the brown rice on the stove. I have a rice cooker and I just put twice as much water as for the white rice and it takes about 20-25 minutes. Don't even have to watch it. It pops up when ready.

Dh is at a Baseball game with his brother. The game was too late to take JW so I am at home. I don't know what I will watch tonight with all the season finales last week. Had a turkey burger, one slice of wheat bread, mustard and a salad. it was actually pretty good.

It seems like this post is really hoping at the beg of the week and slows off during the end (when I have time to post). Well, I hope everyone is having a good week.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote