Old 05-13-2004, 09:08 PM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Ladies--

So glad you are all still keeping up with this!! I was worried that this may not last. But it really does help doesn't it?

I've walked the last two days. Just forgot to post yesterday!!

Lisa--Why don't you just challenge yourself to just drinking the water...and then later you can give a specific amount. For me, when I was pregnant, it was hard to get any water in...even though I really needed it...and to eat! So just take it slow. Getting in any amount is better than nothing at all.

Sue--You're doing so good!! 50mins a day?! Fantastic!! Keep up the good work. I haven't been timing my walks...just knowing that I'm getting in anything at all is good for me!

RosieKate--Almost at the end!! Seems like the more days you get in the easier it gets!

Scuzin--Is your challenge this time exercise? I'm sure you'll do great! You flew with the last challenge!! Congrats again on that.

This weekend I plan on spending a day doing yard work, and boy will that be a lot of work. My grass has been so neglected that it reaches up to my knees!! (a little exaggerationbut not much!)

You girls keep up the good work!!!

Day 2 & 3
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:52 PM   #32  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Day 5...already got the walk in today, between the raindrops. We walk the same distance every day..same path. We are down to doing it in 45 minutes now. Sooo, I used the jumprope for a few minutes after the walk. That really takes it out of you. Whew!

Sue
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:46 PM   #33  

Hey Hey

So I've not yet started my next challenge...I thought I was going to be able to but I'm just so swamped right now, so it will be a bit longer till I get a good start on it...Just wanted to stop in and congradulate you all!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:15 PM   #34  
RosieKate

Day 16 - done!
Now that I've recorded enough days on Fitday, I'm starting to use the report function to make sure I'm meeting my smaller goals. I'm working on # of calories, water, and fiber. So far I've been falling into the ranges I set for myself. So, even thought my weight isn't moving much, I still feel a sense of success. I figure after this 21 day ch. is up, I go and tweak the goals.
I keep losing track of my days - Next time, I'm starting on the 1st!
RK
Old 05-15-2004, 03:03 PM   #35  

Hi all!
Yesterday I did pretty good with my water. I think I will go with your idea MNJ for now just drinking water is better than before. So all in all I am doing well. I am drinking much more water than I had been.

Rosie- funny you should mention fitday, i was just thinking about that on my way into work today. I have an account on there from my pre- preggo days, I think I'll start using it again just to get me thinking more about my food intake. Not only that but I got to thinking that all these healthy minded habits are hard to begin and make become actual habits. If I leave them to the way side for nine months then I have to got through that whole getting in the groove phase of healthy living. If I work on good habits now, by the time baby is here hopefully I will have instilled some really good habits back into my brain!

I'm off to fitday even though it might not look good for today, it's a re start no matter how ya look at it!

Lisa
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 12:59 AM   #36  
I can dream, can't I?

DAY 6..I got my 45 minute walk in again today, but I am not getting any of the extras done that I want. Maybe tomorrow.....

Sue
Old 05-16-2004, 06:43 PM   #37  

Got my days 4,5, & 6 done. Walking the first two and yard work all day today!! And boy am I tired!! Plus I don't smell to great!

I will try to pop in more often rather than getting my days accumulating......I might lose track that way!

4,5 & 6
Old 05-16-2004, 10:45 PM   #38  
I can dream, can't I?

DAY 7...easy today. The weather was wonderful! This is getting easier and may lead to me doing a longer walk. Had a really nice, half lazy...Sunday.

Sue
Old 05-17-2004, 10:06 AM   #39  

Talking Weekend sucked, week is off to a better start.

WOW! I just noticed something really kewl! In my signature my cw was 219.4. I just weighed in this morning and it's 218.2!! Pretty decent!

My water intake was mediocre to say the least for yesterday, the odd part is I was up 5 times to pee last night. Can you say tired today???

I am off to an even better start today though I have downed 31 ounces of water and it's only 10am.

I also began using fitday like I said I would. It's kinda weird putting a higher goal weight. Doc says she only wants me to gain 15 lbs the entire pregnancy so I put that total weight in with my due date as my goal date and it says I will need to gain like 0.852 per week to meet my goal. Of course if I don't quite make my goal I'll be just as happy with that too, so long as baby stays healthy.

We are really struggling for a name. Any suggestions?

I realized over the weekend that once baby is here I still should be able to lose 30 lbs by the end of the year. That will be my goal anyways.

I am off to journal!! Have a fun day everyone!

Lisa
Old 05-17-2004, 11:29 AM   #40  
RosieKate

Days 17 and 18 - done!

Marti - isn't yard work great! I've been working alot in the yard, and all the kneeling and squatting has been good for my quads.

Lisa - don't forget about nursing when little bundle o' joy gets here, that's usually good for some quick weight losss, besides all the other great health benefits. Names? well, my son's name is James and my DD's name is Leigh. We like 'em short and sweet Our name plan was to start with family names and work from there. James is my father and brother's middle name, Leigh is DH's middle name, but we changed the spelling.
Sue - keep up all that great walking!
Ciao
RK
Old 05-17-2004, 12:02 PM   #41  
I can dream, can't I?

DAY 8 and I walked at 8 a.m. Feels nice to have it done. If the weather stays nice I can walk again this evening. Woo hoo!
Lisa..when is the baby due and do you know the sex? Is this a first? My favorite boys name is still Joseph. (my son) There are so many really neat names and seems it is back to more traditional ones.
RosieKate..Keep up the good work. Yardwork sure can keep your legs in shape.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:19 PM   #42  

Hello everyone, Just checking in....still have not been able to start an exercise challenge ...but will DEFINATELY by the start of next week.
You all are doing great!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:29 PM   #43  

Rosie- Yes I am planning on breastfeeding. Good for you getting out there and working in the yard. I am not too big a fan of yard work myself. The middle name is after his father it's Authur. Other than that we have no other namesake's we want to use.

Sue- the baby is due August 22nd and it's a boy.

Scuzin- Hang in there girl!

I'm getting kinda excited, my shower is this weekend!

Lisa
Old 05-17-2004, 06:09 PM   #44  

Got some raking in today....big yard, lots to rake! (ugh!)

Lisa--I'm sure you're getting real excited as the due date gets closer! As for boys, I only have my daughter, her name is Jhanai....I don't think you want that for your boy! I had a hard time trying to find boy names I liked when I was pregnant....(luckily I had a girl) but on my list I had Jackson, or Thomas (Thomas being the dads name) My sister had the name Zane.....interesting isn't it? Let us know when you do come up with a name!!

Scuzin--take your time, can't rush into a challenge when you're not ready. We'll be here waiting for you.

Sue--You're doing fantastic with all that walking!! Do you listen to music while you walk? Do you own a pedometer? I have an MP3 player and an pedometer...but I don't have headphones for my MP3 players so it's always a a quiet walk.

RosieKate--You are getting so close to the end!! Hurray!!! Keep it up and we'll all do the happy dance when you reach the end!

Off I go....

Old 05-17-2004, 11:07 PM   #45  
I can dream, can't I?

Day 8 revisited...I did get another walk in tonight. I was pooped, but really glad that I did it. You know how you feel crappy when you are doing it, but so stoked when you are finished? I hope I can do the same tomorrow.

Sue