Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 07:58 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking Stay At Home Moms #131

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!

Good Morning Ladies! It is a beautiful day here in Louisiana. And I hope it stays that way

I hope everyone has a GREAT ON PLAN Day

Gotta bring my fil to the eye doctor after I bring Hunter to school
I will check back in later!

Does everyone weigh in once a week here and post results or do you just update as you lose? I usually weigh everyday but record it every Thursday. Just curious!

Have a great one,
Penny

Last edited by mompen; 03-01-2004 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:15 AM   #2  
Movin' to the Country!

Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:18 AM   #3  
Movin' to the Country!

Penny, we all have varying weigh in days so we usually post our results once a week on our WI day. We are also currently doing a challenge which for some of us is exercise and for others is staying on plan/no late night snacking.

I just finished up with the month's posting...I always push it to the last second! I'm bushed. I think I am gonna go lay down for a bit if the kids will let me. Otherwise, I may not make it through the day! TTYL!
Old 03-01-2004, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Sorry I have been MIA all weekend. Just been on the go constantly and getting home late at night.
Penny, welcome back to the thread! So sorry to hear about your child with the kidney problems. I hope things get better. And I weigh in once a week also. Our bodies fluctuate so much day to day that it is better to weigh in once and stick with that. Also it won't drive you crazy seeing the scale move around so much.
Well I read all the posts in the last thread. I feel like I have been gone forever. It seems like everyone is doing great!
Geri, I noticed that you are doing fantastic. When is your WI day? I think you will see a great loss this week. You are sure motivated.
Well I was looking at my calendar and for the month of february I only lost 1 lb. That's it. In four weeks I lost one lb. Sucks. I need to do better this month. Can you believe march is here now??
My weekend has been good. DH got home around noon on friday. We've been going non-stop since then. Spent sat and sun at MIL house. Today we have to get some things done on the van (tags and such) so I'll be gone most of the day today also. I'm going to try really hard to stay OP today and tomorrow. It's always hard during the week if DH is home. And he doesn't leave until wednesday morning so please help me!!!! But he has promised to help me stay OP so we'll see. I'm making that one dish rosemary chicken with white beans for dinner tonight. What is everyone else having??
Well I just wanted to let you all know that I am still alive!!lol. Hello to everyone I have missed. TTYL!
Old 03-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Sorry I didn't add the thread logo

Hope everyone is having a great day
I will check in later

THanks for the info on the weigh ins
Old 03-01-2004, 12:16 PM   #6  
2BoysMom

Hi ladies,

Penny, I officially weigh in on Monday nights at my TOPS meetings. I have been weighing myself at home every day ... which you're not supposed to do, but oh well!! I only post the official WI.

Spryng, after reading Dr Phil's book I got off of my feeling sorry for myself-sit on the couch and watch tv-I'll never keep the weight off - I hate counting everything I eat or journaling- a$$ and changed my bad habits! So I am excited about WI tonight. I did some Pilates this morning but had to keep stopping to pull Tony off of me! In some ways I can't wait til the kids are older so I have more time for myself. Of course I don't want them to grow up too fast 'cause then they won't need me very much! What's a mama to do???

Candy, glad you got your work all done! Have a very nice rest and then back at it!!

I don't know what I'm having for dinner tonight...something light but filling since I WI at 6:30. I'll be sure to post the results!

Until then.... have a great OP day.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:51 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Geri- I hope your WI goes great this evening. I never eat before a WI- or eat the same thing for consistency. Hey, every ounce counts!!!!! Good for you getting your Pilates in!!!! And for finishing reading an insirational book. I just finished proof reading Dd's senior thesis paper on obesity - what an eye opener!!!!! And an inspiration to get these last few # of blubber off me. You have discovered one of the mixed bag joys of motherhood......watching them grow up is such a joy~ but then they lose all that little cuteness and sweetness......guess that is why most enjoy being grandparents.

Spryng- glad you are back with us. And glad for you that Dh is home too! But I hear ya, it can be so tough when they are around. I am much more focused when alone, and can really stay OP much better. Good that he is willing to help you stay within range....... It sure did not seem as though you had only lost 1# in Feb! Those last few #'s can be so stubborn (I know that one!). It is almost as though they are getting lonely and want each others company......I am trying to use Fast Track....it is the shortened version of Flex points that came with the DVD. 20 points a day, and they have you focus either on carbs or protein, which ever way you feel better. I can either email the stuff or copy it for you and send it to you in the mail It is supposed to be a way to jump start your weight loss, if used for 2 weeks.
I'll let you know how it goes, I just started today.

Penny- hope your morning went well, getting FIL to the Dr and Ds to school.....sounds like a busy day. Enjoy the beautiful weather.

Candy- I know I have said this before, but how well I remember those late nite computer marathons to get everything done.....and the fatigue the next day. Hope you got some well deserved rest!!!!

I am getting a bit of a cold......and had hoped to walk this am and overslept.
I did get my WW tape done which I know is more AP's but I really wanted to get outside before the rain due here tonite.
Guess I'd better go.......gotta vacuum. Hope everyones day is going OP!
Ginny
Old 03-01-2004, 04:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

AHHHH guess who :P ok ok i'm back. shew i tought i was gonna have to be admitted to the looney ward i missed you all so bad! so here's the low down on me i wish i had more time to give you all the attention you need. but i'm in a rush. sooooooooo
I got the dell finally! i crashed the hard drive 2 days later! got it fixed and all was well. Baylan is 3 months and i'm holding tight at 140#. i've exercized on occasion and am just finally getting released from the ob! FINALLY! so today i'll be on the bike and doing yoga. my diet is all goofed up. no stress eating but no structured meals for me either. seems soon as i sit at the table with the family the baby cries or a crisis happens.... so i end up starving and eating something bad because i'm in a hurry. you know how it goes. so i'm back to trying to get into a structured meal routine. its there and its on the table but i'm to busy running around feeding baby or cleaning up spilled milk ...blah blah. ok so there it all is. i have to skedattle. dinner is about ready and the table needs set. missed you gals alot!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #9  
Movin' to the Country!

Yeah!!! Welcome back Misty!!! We missed you too and thought of you often! Wow, I can't believe Baylan is 3 mos already! You'll have to post a picture when you get a chance! Glad you got your computer problems fixed and hope you can find some "structured" eating that will suit you! 140 sounds great though!!!

Ginny, hope you are feeling ok. Congrats on getting the workout despite feeling crummy!

Geri, can't wait to hear how your weigh in goes! You can just "hear" the change in your attitude! You have truly been motivated!!! Go, Dr. Phil! As I've said before, my MIL loves the man but I never get a chance to watch.

Spryng, glad you having a good time with DH. 2 days at MIL's?!!? Wow, you are being very generous with your time with him. How did pictures go?

Well, I did pilates this morning, buns and thighs, and then did WATP's with the kids a little later. I am sufficiently beat! I did hang out in the bed for a bit this morning but with kids around you never get to sleep. It did help me survive the day. Anybody see "Runaway Jury?" Oooh, I finished watching it today and it is pretty good. I like John Cusack anyways, add in Dustin Hoffman and Gene Hackman and you can bet it is going to be half way decent. I liked it. Anyhows, I've gotta get off here.

Penny, how did your running go today? Ricci, you doing ok? How's MIL? Melinda, how are you doing? Have fun with the girls this weekend? Hi to anyone else I missed! Hope you all have a great night! TTYL!
Old 03-01-2004, 10:15 PM   #10  

Hey Ya'll!!

We have had a CRAZY last few days. Just got back from Memphis this afternoon. I'm beat. We stayed in a motel with an indoor pool so me and the kids had a blast while Dh finished up his last few days of school. We were able to go to North West AirLink's hanger and they were fixing something on one of the planes Sheldon will be flying. They turned on the computers in the cockpit and they let the boys go and "tour" the plane. They had a blast and Sheldon loved them being so interested in what he loves so much. Anyway I took pictures!!! YEAH!!! Dh is going to help me get them put on the site tomorrow. We had soooo much fun and I am beat!

I went back to the Dr. today for my last ultrasound. He said I was passing everything just fine so I didn't need a D&C. So it's official. No baby. I'm just going to try to get myself focused on WW again since I did so well in Jan.

Glad all of you had a good weekend! Glad your back Misty! I don't know if I posted before your computer crashed, but I was reading the posts and I know you well!! Welcome Penny! I'll get more personal tomorrow!
Old 03-01-2004, 10:25 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

ok ladies I am so upset
I just posted a thread longer than the Mississippi River and lost it
Don't have time to post another.
Take care and I will post in the morning,
Penny
Old 03-01-2004, 10:39 PM   #12  
2BoysMom

Hello everyone!

My WI went wonderfully! I lost 3 lbs this week!!!!! I know it will slow down eventually and that's fine. I'll just enjoy this while I can!! I'm sooooo excited!

Penny, I absolutely hate when you lose a post. It's always the long one's too, never the "I don't have time for much" posts. I look forward to reading tomorrow.

Andrea, glad you had a great time in Memphis. This means Dh is home now right? It's good you didn't need the d&c ... I think it would all seem so much colder ... don't know if it's the right word or not. You have a good attitude going and if you get focused on the WW again you'll do great.

Candy, 2 workouts today....that's terriffic! I slammed my toe into the bathroom vanity this morning ... I would swear it's broken but Dh said it would be black & blue so that means it's FINE... It doesn't feel fine!! Hopefully better tomorrow so I can do the WATP. Glad my new attitude is showing....you know I got so bogged down in my "gee I'm fat and look and feel like crap so I'm going to have a crappy attitude about myself" emotions. Not a good place to be but I'm pulling myself out of there fast. It's been nearing mid 50's the past couple of days so I just want to get out with the boys ... unfortunately in Wisconsin, we have at least 2 more months of crappy weather coming....maybe 3.

Welcome back Misty....wow 3 months old already! Can't wait to see new pics.

I pick up Tony's 9 month pics tomorrow. I'll try to get them scanned in and posted before the end of the night. Have some other running to do so I don't know when I'll be checking in but I'll be sure to stop by and say HI.

Spryng, Melinda, Ricci, Ginny ... hope you're all doing fine. Have a great night.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:55 AM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Talking Good Morning Ladies!

HI Everyone,
I am going to save the post before I click the button this time

Candy,
What kind of pilates do you do? I have been checking into Windsor on Ebay. I have never tried pilates before. You are doing great with the exercise

Chubba,
CONGRATS CONGRATS WAY TO GO, IDAHO! Three pounds is fantastic! Keep up the good work! It always feels nice when the scale shows how much you are really working at plan. Where you the Top loser?

Spryng,
How did supper go? Did dh help you stay on plan? Rosemary chicken sounds good

Misty,
I can't believe the baby is three months already. Last time I posted you were in labor. We want some pics!

Ginny,
I just hate it when I'm sick. When the kids get sick, mamma takes care of em. When Mamma gets sick who takes care of us ?

Andrea,
Nice to "meet" you. I am very sorry to hear about the baby. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Glad you had a good time in Memphis. I bet the kids had a blast touring a plane. Glad to hear you did so well on ww. You can do it again. Can't wait for the pictures!

I am on day 9 of South Beach Diet with no cheating! No breads, pastas, noodles, sweets, etc. It is getting to me. The longer I stay on plan the harder it is for me. I am getting tired of eggs, tuna, and chicken breasts. But my dh did it last year and he lost 40 pounds!
I had lost down to 159.50 before I got pregnant with Andrew. So I am starting all over again. Hopefully I will get there again before his birthday.

Take care everyone
I will check back in later!

Penny
Old 03-02-2004, 10:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Ginny, I would love to check out that fast track info. I hear everyone talking about it on WW.com but I haven't seen it myself. You can email it to me if it's easier. That will be great! Do you get your flexpoints with it or only 20 pts a day for 2 weeks? I did not eat well yesterday afterall and I need something like that to help me shed what I might have gained this weekend.
Misty, welcome back!! I hope to see more of you now.
Geri, a big congrats on your loss!!!! I knew it was going to be a good one. You had been doing so well!!! I think you found the plan for you.
I'm sorry I don't have time to get personal with everyone else. We are mostly going to be home today but first I have to go fax some paper work off on the van and I want to get a nice long walk in today as my exercise. I'm feeling horrible about my eating this weekend and it's time to stop and get OP again. No more messing up. I think I am so close to goal that I think it won't hurt me but I know it will. ok, got to scoot. TTYL!
Old 03-02-2004, 11:03 AM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Andrea- glad you had a nice weekend.......I'm sure that a change of scenery was great for you. Stay focused on WW.......keep your chin up! Vent if you need to, ok?

Michele- welcome back! Gosh, I missed you. Baylan is 3 months already??? Oh, I hear ya, the structured meal thing can be so rough with a busy family.....and then junk becomes all that much easier to eat. Congrats on the release from the OB.

Candy- well, you must be pooped after all that workout!!! I have not seen Runaway Jury, is it out on video????? Guess you liked it! Hope you recooperated from your big work day.

Geri- congrats on the 3# loss!! That is so exciting!!!!

Penny - great job staying OP for that long........but it must be tough with such a limited eating plan. Anyway you can modify it? I know, for example, WW offers plans that are higher protien or higher carb....some of us feel better with a higher carb diet (that is me,and those are complex carbs) some with higher protein....

Gosh, did I miss anyone??? Feel like I hit a wall again.... I am still pooped. Going upstairs to have some tea. Have a great day..and sorry if I missed you.
Ginny
Closed Thread