Old 08-05-2004, 07:29 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post Stay At Home Mom's #234

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, going to be doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:37 AM   #2  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Red face repost from other thread!

Morning ladies!

Hey Jill...you are not falling off the wagon all by yourself, I am with ya!! Looks like several of us are struggling! So what are we going to do about it?? We can do this!! I haven't lost any weight in over a month, other than some of the pounds I gained back So I am really ready!! A new number would be so nice!

So I am starting with today...and focusing on that...

I will lift weights after I take Hope to preschool.

I am putting my water for the day in the fridge to drink when I get off of here.

Breakfast will be an english muffin half with cheese

Lunch will be low fat pasta salad and a tilapia filet

Dinner will be WW Taco Junk

Snacks will be pita chips, broccoli

What about the rest of you? Take some time to plan your menu for today now, but just today. You may help someone else by posting what you are eating today, so get to it!! It will make it much easier to stay OP to have this figured out. Maybe we all just need to slow down and think about things to get back on track, one day at a time or even one meal at a time. I know I do, my reason for failing is lack of planning and feeling the need to get fast food after starving myself. BAD BAD BAD CINDI!

Hope you ladies have a great day.

Morning jaymi and Crystal!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:40 AM   #3  

Height: 5 foot

Crystal... I'm gonna get you!!! You changed the thread on me that fast!!! Well I have a question for everyone. My kids are breaking out with some pretty big bumps. My son has them on his elbows and his knees, and my daughter has them on her elbow and arms.. What the heck is going on!!! I'm thinking that mosquitos might have biten the baby during the night.. because she looks like she's mildly alergic to them. But my son.. I have no idea! Unless it's the soap he's using. But why just his elbows and knees?!? They both have eczema.... unfortunately passed down from me.. which I don't even think I have...but eczema is usually little fine bumps... but these are huge.. Anyone know what this could be? Well anyways gota go. I think she is gonna go back to sleep.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:48 AM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Wonderful Thursday Morning Ladies

Hello there. How is everyone today? Hope you all had a great evening and night.

Geri, I am so sorry about what your ds did. I tell you kids can make us have early heart attacks. I hate when they do something so dreadful that you don't even really know how to handle it at that time. I mean you're so mad you could literally beat them, but knowing that's not right, what do you do? Something like that usually happens once if you handled it right so there's your silver lining, LOL!!!

Spryng, sure hope you're felling better. I'm getting just a tid bit of a cold I think. It really sets in at night time and once I'm up moving around I'm okay. Dh is the same way right now. Hope you're better.

Cindi, sorry the vacation hasn't started just yet, you'll get your turn, I'm sure of it.

Hello to Di, Angel, Cheri, Ginny, Melinda, Jaymi, Leigh, Penny, Kristin,...did I miss anyone? I'm so sorry if I did.

Well, I didn't post again last night. I had to run to Home Depot and pick up another gallon of paint for my mom's kitchen. I wanted to have it there ready for the contractor this morning. I also got the chandelier and the two wall sconces. I forgot the light for over the sink and I still have to get the vertical blind for the sliding glass door. That red paint is so pretty and the cabinets should be ready today, he'll have to stain and install them. I can't wait. The whole thing SHOULD be done next week and I'm so excited.
I'm staying home today and getting caught up on my last load of laundry, that's until there's another load ready, but these are all the ones that I was behind on. I also need to clean the bathroom. I haven't been crocheting because I only do that when I'm watching tv and I haven't been here lately at all.

Oh, do you want to know how Andrew did in his bed last night? Well, it started out hard, but I can tell he's having a tough time adjusting not only to his new bed, but now it's in a different room than he's used to sleeping. But, I realized he goes to sleep better after the girls go to sleep first. So he went to bed and sleep around 1015 or 1030 and slept until 515 this morning. I went to bed right after 1100 last night. I let Andrew go back to sleep in my bed this morning which is where he's at now. So I have to say he did great. I don't remember the last time that he slept that long. Maybe he'll sleep better in there, it does stay cooler in there and that helps his breathing.
Well, Ally is awake and I'm working on my coffee, so I'm gonna get some school stuff done and I'll check in later. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:06 AM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Smile Qofd

Oh I forgot the QOFD...
What is your favorite movie of ALL time? I know this is a hard one, but it should be fun to think about it.

Answer: I really don't think I have one answer. But when The Passion of the Christ came out, I absolutely LOVED it. I cried my eyes out but I loved the movie and the conversation me and dh got out of it, otherwise we don't talk religion, he and I. We have too many different beliefs. It was a wonderful movie. But I love Grease and Dirty Dancing. I just don't know.

Cindi and Jaymi, y'all jumped on the thread early this morning. Jaymi, I don't know about those bumps. Are they on the front of the knees or behind and the inside of the elbows? That would make a difference, but I still don't know.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:48 AM   #6  

Morning All! I hope everyone slept well. Bugga was up 3 times again. Ya know, I think he wakes up hungry and compensates by drinking milk. He hasn't been eating much at all lately. He is so picky. I am limited too, because he is lactose intolerant. Anyway, today is a new day.

Geri, that's scary what happened to you. I've been there. My DD used to run off on me all the time. I am so glad we are out of that stage. She did when I was pushing DS. I had to just leave the stroller and sprint to get her. I was so shakin' that I felt sick!

Crystal, glad ds slept well for you last night. It makes a big difference when we as moms sleep well too.

Cindi, good luck OP today. You can do it. I know today, I have to be extra careful with food. Tomorrow is weigh in day for Penny and I.

Jaymi, I don't know what those bumps could be. I would just call the doctor and ask. Or give it a day or too, to see what happens. Any fevers?

I'm glad it's a new day and a new thread. It was getting crazy yesterday!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:23 AM   #7  
SAHM of 3

you're right Mel, about the sleeping, but I'll tell you that I've probably only slept all night less than 5 times in the past 3 years. And I'm serious. Ally never slept all night until she was about 2 and a half or 3 and by that time Andrew was born and he's only slept all night about... well, less than 5x. So I have learned as a mom that 5 to 6 straight hours of sleep is all I need. In fact, if I get much more than that, I don't feel good. They say 8 hours is what you need but that's too much for me and my body has learned that.
Sorry yours didn't sleep well. How old is he again?
Old 08-05-2004, 09:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Boy I'm having a terrible time waking up. Tanner woke up at 7:40 so you'd think I'd be well rested... but I just keep yawning like crazy. Maybe I'll have some diet coke with breakfast in a minute.
I don't have much planned today. Just staying home and cleaning and maybe getting in some crochet. I've already got 15 rows down on my next project, it's coming out so cute!
I did upload all those pics from my trip with Dh and of the afghan I finished last week, so as soon as I can edit them, which will be after this post, I'll post a few for you all!

Mel, how old is your ds? My kids have always been good sleepers. So I feel for you ladies who have to get up several times a night still. And I hope he eats better today. Kids go through those phases, especially when it's hot.

Crystal, did I give you my cold? lol. You should stay away from me, lol. I hope it goes away fast for you. Sucks being pregnant and sick at the same time.. there isn't much you can take. I would love to see your mom's kitchen, sounds like it will be really bright a cheery. I have a cousin who has a red kitchen and it's so cute. Very cozy and country. My kitchen is a dark ivy green... I just love it. So glad to hear Andrew slept well in his new bed and room! That is great news for him and for you! lol. You and your dh won't know what to do with your room back to yourselves!

Jaymi, were your kids crawling around somewhere and playing? Sounds like it could be an allergy to something they touched or if it's behind the knees could be chiggers? Are they itching them or anything? That could be why they are bigger. But I don't know so call your ped and see what he/she thinks.

Cindi, sounds like you have a solid plan for today! Good for you! I know you can get the weight off. Having all your meals mapped out really does help you stay OP, I encourage everyone to do that. Is that ww taco junk the one with cottage cheese in it? I think I've had the recipe but never made it... you'll have to let me know how you like it. But you are right, planning your meals may help someone else too. I always plan my dinners a week at a time, makes grocery shoping easier too. Breakfast is usually a banana muffin bar and lunch is leftover, a lean pocket with baked chips, or frozen meal, and dinner is what is planned. Tonight I plan on having creamy chicken with herbed rice.

Jill, that ride sounds lovely. I don't remember the last time I got in a car just to ride around and look at scenery, we really should do it more often.

Michelle, I can't believe you fell asleep knowing you could be chatting with ME!! LOL... I stayed up wanting to chat but no one was in any of the rooms, so Cindi and I chatted for a bit.

Well I'm going to edit those pics and get a few up here. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:44 AM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Morning!

Crystal,
Congrats to Andrew for being a big boy Did dh have a good bday? THanks for starting a new thread.

Melissa,
How are you doing on plan? I think you might show me up this week but I am trying! I know it is hard with lactose intolerant. How much testing do they have to go through to find out? I believe Hunter and Andrew are both l.i. Andrew is on reg soy milk b/c whole or 2% gives him diaherra. Sorry if too much info

Jaymi,
I would call the dr or look it up on webmd. I am really not sure about the bumps Hope it clears up soon!

Cindi,
Ok Menu huh? Ok bf:2 egg whites, lunch: lean pocket & green beans, supper: healthy choice ck alfredo or boca burger & baked fries... LOTS LOTS LOTS OF WATER and some green tea Snack: light popcorn w/ spray butter... Thanks for making me do that! I am gonna check up on you tonight! You better stay your butt on plan today :P

Geri,
Is Tony still punished I am still so sorry that happened! Hopefully today is better for you. BTW, Don't you have a sizzix cutter? I need some help... I want to get one but are they all the same or which one is better TIA!

Spryng,
How are you feeling this morning? Did you get a chance to get the pics uploaded? How is the Easy Share dock? My hubby told me I can buy one now! Yah!

Michelle,
I enjoyed talking to you yesterday evening! You are a great friend. Next time you call me!

Leigh,
Have you even peaked at the scale this week? Are you gonna weigh in or skip it? You better be ready to get back on plan on Sunday!

Jill,
I know you are still sleeping Anything planned for today?

Ricci,
How is school going?

Ginny,
Hope you get back here soon to post!

Julie,
How are you doing this morning???

Freckles,
For some reason I can't remember your name off the top of my head... Sorry I hope you are having a great day!

Andrea, Misty, Candy, Kristen, Angel, and anyone else who is out there! Have a WONDERFUL day
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:55 AM   #10  

Spryng and Crystal. Bugga is 22 months. I hope he sleeps through soon!!

Penny. I have to be super good today to make it. What happens if we both don't make it. we should have a bigger penalty... hmmmm. Also, BUgga drinks Lactose free milk. Lactaid or dairy ease. Small amounts don't bother him. He was on Similac Lactose free milk when he was a baby. I couldn't even nurse him. I was so upset about it. They say he might grow out of it, but I don't think so. It's not too bad. It could be worse.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Ok, I'm about to lose my mind here! If you see on the world news tonight Crazed woman seen running down street naked with broken computer in hands... .you'll know who it was, lol. I just uploaded 70 pictures to my photo program.. they uploaded just fine so I deleted them off of my camera.. big mistake!! They uploaded and I can see them in the folder in the photo program but I can't open them! It keeps saying there is some error E:/picture card UGH! I don't know how to fix it!! So I guess I won't be able to share them with you all. So annoying. I was going to buy a new dinette table and chairs soon, but I think we may need to get a computer first. This one is having one issue after another. I can't take it anymore!!! LOL.

I guess I should talk nice to it or the internet will stop working too, and then I'll be really mad and depressed, lol.

Mel, 22 months old? Wow, I can understand your frustration then. My kids were sleeping through the night by 6 weeks, Tanner took a little longer- 8 weeks old. But only occasionally they wake up. Tanner never does but Bubba will if he has a bad dream or needs to go to the bathroom. But it's not often. But I am the type of person that needs lots of sleep so I'm thankful they are good sleepers too. I was lactoid intolerent too as a baby, had to drink soy milk and all that and I outgrew it, so it's possible.

Penny, you think talking about diaherra is too much info? LOL.. makes me wonder what you think about some of the stuff you and I have talked about, LOL LOL... And my easy share dock is great, I love it but my kodak picture program stopped working some time ago. I think my computer is just having issues with my picture stuff. Not sure. But when it did work it was fantastic. I just loved it.

Ok, I'm giving up on the pics for now. Guess I'll go finish my breakfast and start on this house. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

QOTD: I have several favorite movies, Sylvia, Mallrats, Chasing Amy......**** anything by Kevin Smith. Also, Say Anything with John Cusack. Oh yeah and The GodFather movies....ok see what you started lol.

Anyway, I was up for ever just like I predicted so not much planned today except we're going to take the girls to the Playground at the school. I also want to go to Home Depot and Pick out my New kitchen tile and the brick for our patio and we need to get paint because I'll be painting the girls room this weekend.

Spryng, ohhh man I can't believe I missed chat with you!!!! Maybe tonight?

Jaymi the rash could also be a heat rash. I would take them to the doc to check it out

Penny did you get any scrapbooking done last night? Did you finish the book worK?

I gotta get going Taylor is needing some special mommy time.
TTYL
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:30 AM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Spryng,
When I read your post about the pics... My mouth flew right open! OMG!! That is sooo horrible! I am soooooo sorry! I sure hope you can get ito there somehow!

Michelle,
You change your siggy like I change my undies...... hehe Ok Where is your doll??? Let me know if you go to Home Depot today! I just luv picking out that stuff I wanna go Oh no, no scrapbooking..... I searched and clicked on all the pics to print off Kodak (which took a while seeing which ones I wanted) then I clicked print and it had some kind of error! CURSE THESE KODAK PROGRAMS! GRRRRRR

Melissa,
So have you had PJ tested? I was thinking about getting the kids tested b/c Brad is also l.i. and has never been tested either. Been good today! Or we will have to send $100.00 tomorrow! Is that enough of a insentive to stay on plan??????

Ok I forget the QOTD: I adore Jennifer Anniston... Umm Picture Perfect... and Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler in 50 First Dates.... and I luv Vin Diesel HOT HOT HOT.... Fast n Furious....... Ok If I don't stop now..... I'll be here all day

Well I guess I need to get dressed and get out the door. Gotta go pick up my fil and bring him all over town!!!!!!!! Sore subject but I had to vent a little bit!
Old 08-05-2004, 10:55 AM   #14  

Penny, no testing was necessary, it was simply try lactose free and see if that takes away the belly pains he was having. Also, there is a test. I believe it is with saliva. Non evasive. But I don't know for sure.

Spryng, OMG!!! I can't believe that happend to your pics. I hope you figure out where they are.

Morning Michelle, Have fun at the playground with the girlies. I am so glad they are feeling well.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:02 AM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Mel,
Did the kids have a good time yesterday? I bet you are just wore out!

BTW, I just luv your siggy..... LOL HEHEHE

Ok I am really going now.... TTYL!