3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Losing More In 2004! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/34653-losing-more-2004-a.html)

cat90 01-07-2004 12:31 PM

Losing More In 2004!

Hi Girls,
Starting the thread again :D Hope that you all find me ;)

Christian 01-07-2004 02:44 PM

Here I am Cathy ;) :wave: Will post more tonight as I will be home ....cold has the best of me :dizzy: Have a great day!

cat90 01-07-2004 02:57 PM

Hi Christie :wave:

It seems odd being back in the old format :lol: i was just getting used to our new surroundings..oh well..at least we're back :D

LeanneM83 01-07-2004 03:23 PM

hey ladies,

not much to report, still at the in-laws...the kids were sick and now its SNOWING...ugh!

My weight is at 146....YAY!!!

I am switching to a 1200 calorie diet, that way I will be able to eat more "normally", needless to say the weight will come off a little slower, but that is OK.

Happy Wednesday to all

Leanne

SW 215.....(august 1/03)
CW 146.0
GW 125-130

cat90 01-07-2004 05:49 PM

Hi Leanne,
Tell me about it :rolleyes: we did'nt get that much snow but it still makes it hard for people to commute..i abandoned my car down the driveway on Monday and its still there until this lot thaws :lol: i was sliding down sideways and allsorts :eek: not for me :nono: i'll stay in until its gone..Sorry that the kids were sick.

Jenn4Jesus 01-07-2004 06:57 PM

Bummer about the server and all... I too was just getting used to the new format. I was not sure if our forum would still be here or not, I was not sure if we made the move before November.....

Hope everyone will be able to find us here. Too bad we lost all of our New Years stats though.... Nuttin'
like wiping the slate completely clean for the new Years!!!!!

I am still on track. Doing the Pilates and juicing.... watching what I eat and how much I eat.... Detoxing from the sugars... Thought I would take a quick sip of diet coke last night and it about killed me.... Yuck... too sweet!

Need to get dinner finished up....
Hope everyone is on track!

cat90 01-07-2004 07:37 PM

Had to start it again Jenn but thats no biggie i'm just glad that we're back online :D I had a good day on Monday and then yesterday i went nuts :dizzy: and just about devoured everything in site for some reason,today i'm doing fine so far :D Just finished my first exercise of the Year..a 2ml walk and a 3k bike ride :cb: it feels good.

cat90 01-08-2004 06:29 PM

Hey, where are you buddies? :)

Doing OK today..lifted weights for 15mins and biked for 3k i'm off in a minute to do couple of miles on the treadmill and then i'll have an early dinner i think as the old tum is growling at me :lol: and its not as if it has'nt been fed :shrug: I'm struggling to stay away from the goodies tho' :rolleyes: BUT I WILL

Christian 01-08-2004 09:28 PM

Here I am Cathy!!!

Had company tonight so I was tied up :lol:
I am usually on the computer...actually I am normally at Tops BUT since I have Larengitus (cant spell) cant talk either ;) I stayed home. I know the cold air isnt going to get this voice back any quicker :dizzy: But hey not all is lost...I cant type and talk to you guys ;) Cat- way to go on the exercise and being so motivating...Your keeping me in check! glad to see Leanne and Jenn here as well....Diana...you here????????
Guess I better get these girls to bed ...Nite all :wave:

cat90 01-09-2004 12:30 PM

Hi Christie :wave:

Sorry that you've lost your voice (i can't spell it either :lol: ) is hubby pleased? only joking :lol: i don't know about being motivating i just know that i've got to do it to see results..i've had 2 :ink: fests this week and 2 :angel: days so i guess it balanced out and i've lost 1lb (of all the weight i've gained back :lol: ) so i'm happy to see that rather than a gain :D

LeanneM83 01-09-2004 07:02 PM

Hi Everyone...

Wow, here we are again...

Christie, I too lost my voice -no fun especially when I was trying to yell at the hubby or kids....Oh well, it is back and I am making up for it...
Anyone doing Atkins diet?? Is yes, how is it working??

Hope everyone is well...and starting 2004 on the right foot...then the left.then the right.....oh look we're running....*L*

Leanne

SW 215
CW 146
GW 125-130:dizzy:

Christian 01-10-2004 09:57 AM

Hey Leanne :wave:
You passed me up girl!!!! NO FAIR ;)
146???? AWSOME!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
Your gonna have to give me a sample of your menu again girlfriend :yes:

Cat- Way to go on the pound lost :D:D keep up the great work!

As for me...my voice is still not back all the way but it is on the healing end and I feel just great!!! As far as the weight goes I wont weigh in until Thursdays but I will keep you updated.....well I am off to get my hair done, Hope you all have a great OP weekend :wave:

cat90 01-10-2004 12:34 PM

Hi Girls,

Leanne :lol: "look we're running" :lol: yeh..remind us of what you are doing again..69lbs!! that is awesome..well done :cp:

Christie..how will you complain about the hair-do without a voice? ;) :lol: seriously i hope you both get well soon.

I walked another 2mls yesterday..today is weight day :( don't like that..thats why i only do about 15mins :lol: will probably do some cardio too. :wave:

LeanneM83 01-10-2004 01:15 PM

My diet...

Okay, as for my diet...it was one of those medically supervised diets that I ADDED things in to make it fit my lifestyle. If you would like specifics I will email it to you, just let me know...
Right now, my hubby and I are trying the Atkins diet....I am not too sure if I like it or not yet as we just started yesterday but my other diet was boring me a bit....(sometimes I guess we just need a change)
Anywho, Football is on today so I am trying to get stuff done now...Happy Saturday!

Leanne
CW 146.0

cat90 01-10-2004 10:33 PM

I don't fancy the Atkins diet Leanne i'm just a teeny bit worried about all that fat :(

I lifted weights for 30 mins tonight and my arms are a little bit shaky :lol: also walked 3mls on my treadmill..i was going to skip it but once i got myself started i really enjoyed it :D and it makes ya feel great after :)

LeanneM83 01-10-2004 11:15 PM

Yes, Cat90...It is day 2 of Atkins and I am giving it up...My diet WORKS for me, makes me happy and I see the results everyday...why oh why did I think something else would be better? I think I appreciate my diet and all the yummy things I eat on it...mmmmmm......Bye bye Atkins, I am going back to what works for me and makes me happy!

Happy day!

Leanne

cat90 01-11-2004 02:07 PM

I'll PM you my email addy Leanne because i would like to know more about this diet that is working so well for you :D I doubt there is any magic formula but i'm being :nose: :lol:

Today is cardio day for me..hubby is out working so i've got the house to myself ;) i usually have to make him a big breakfast and send him on his way on Sunday but today he left early.

DewCan 01-12-2004 03:23 PM

Hi all
sorry I've been absent. I'm not sure if you got my message but I had surgery and was away due to that. Now I'm on the mend. Good to see that you are all here though. Missed you. I had lsot 3.5 pounds just before I left but now I seemed to have regained 1.5. I think it's still because of the surgery so I'm not worried. Well, I hope you're all doing well. Leanne, I jsut can't see how the Atkins diet coudl be good for your heart, so if your'e quiting, that's great. :twirly:
well, baby is crying and I should go, but I'll stop in tonight and talk to you all then again.

Christian 01-13-2004 12:10 PM

Hey there !!!

I am back :lol: My voice is too ;)
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers ...I feel MUCH better :yes:

Glad to see you all doing so well and hope to check a little later today...laundry and dishes are a calling :dizzy:

cat90 01-13-2004 03:02 PM

Hi Girls,

Diana, i did'nt know that you had had surgery :( i'm so glad that you are on the mend ;) you'll soon have that little gain off :D

Christie, are you running around shouting then? :lol:

Leanne, thanks for the diet :) and i was right there is no magic formula :rolleyes: it is very close to what i was eating whilst on W.W. the only thing i could'nt understand was why no carrots or banana's? is it because of the sugar content?

I went to the mall yesterday and Atkins products have taken over :lol: GNC was selling them so is Walmart. $40 for a box of cookies :eek: a bit pricey if you end up not liking them. I bought myself two new exercise tapes..Kathy Smiths Working out with Weights 2 and Stability Ball for Dummies!! :lol:

DewCan 01-14-2004 12:33 AM

Hi
Cat, for cookies, they must have some super special ingredients :lol: That is one of the more absurd things I've heard in quite a while.
Have you tried the tapes? I ordered some from Amazon and am still waiting. I got some walking tapes with Leslie Sansone, and something "for dummies" (I can't remember which one, :lol: I guess I'm a dummy), and another one. I'm just biking every day at least a half hour in the meantime.
Well, gotta go to bed.
Diana

DewCan 01-15-2004 12:02 AM

Cute smilies! Where are you guys? Hope you had a good day.
Tomorow is my weigh in day, I think I'm down but luck wouldn't hurt :lol:
Diana

diphthong 01-15-2004 10:16 AM

Hi Gals! Just perusing around to see how everyone is doing. And wondering - Has anybody heard from Carlie? I'm going to send her a PM, and see if she's out there. I'm wondering about her!?!?!

dip

cat90 01-15-2004 11:55 AM

Hi Girls :wave:

Diana, the "stability ball for dummies" gets 2 thumbs up :lol: Good instructor and not too strenuous ;) have'nt done all of the Kathy Smith one..she makes ya work harder :lol: Good Luck with the weigh in :lucky: although i'm sure you won't need it!

Dip, i don't think that i know who Carlie is :shrug:

Ooops..i've got some rice on the stove and i almost burnt it because i'm so engrossed in this :lol:

DewCan 01-15-2004 05:03 PM

Hi all
No I haven't seen Carlie around in a while. Hope she's not off the wagon. ;)
Well, I was down 2 pounds. I'm really happy, and hopefully I can do the same next week. Best wishes to you all on your weighins whenever you do them.

cat90 01-16-2004 12:32 PM

Well Done Diana :bravo:

I was exactly the same this week :( but i've only had 4 days on plan so i could'nt really expect much could i? but i'd better have lost next friday :lol:

I've just seen a post by Carlie on another thread :D and now i remember who she is :crazy: a slight case of senility here :stars: :lol:

DewCan 01-16-2004 10:45 PM

Hi Cat
a maintain is better than a gain ;) I'm sure that if you stay OP then you will be down on Friday. Did you have a good day today? I didn't eat the greatest, but it could have been much worse. I did my biking though, as long as I keep that up I know that I am improving my health even if I wouldn't lose weight that week. Well, I should go hang out with my baby.
Have a good night all
Diana

LeanneM83 01-17-2004 08:09 AM

HI Everyone...

Happy Saturday.

Well, I ate a little more yesterday than I wanted too, BUT I had an excellent workout with weights, so this morning I stepped on the scale and..........

143.0..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, the weight is coming off a little slower now, but I will enjoy every pound as it leaves... SO, today I am sore and crampy but I will workout through the pain... :dizzy:
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Leanne

SW 215
SW 143

cat90 01-17-2004 01:17 PM

Leanne..you're melting :lol: Congratulations on another pound gone :cp: i had a sneak peek at your pics on the other thread ;) :bravo: i ate a litte more than i planned yesterday too..around 1800cals so not too bad :) and i was going to miss exercising as well because i'd been busy cleaning all day but i convinced myself that it would do me good so i treadmilled for 30 mins :D

Diana..yeh..you are so right the exercise is good for you :) i know that i always feel so much more alive after a good workout even if my legs are telling me otherwise :lol:

Wonder what happened to Jenn? she has'nt posted for a while now :(

Christian 01-17-2004 03:36 PM

Hey there ladies :wave:

Glad to see everyone doing well ;) I am just about ready to put 145 on that signature...just waiting till after the weekend to officially write it down :lol:
We all know anything can happen :dizzy:
Hope you are all having a great weekend and know I am rooting for ya !!! :wave:

DewCan 01-17-2004 03:52 PM

Wow you are all doing so well.
Leanne, you are such a motivation, some day I'll be there too :spin: That after workout pain is a good one :lol:
Cathy, good for you that you did the treadmill duty. I'm sure you felt really good about it after you did it. I've exercised everyday this year except for 3 which was due to my surgery, I'm happy with that.
Christie, so you've been sneakpeeking at the scales too I see :lol: And it's good news I gather, that is great, when is the official day to weigh? I sneaked a peek today as well, and it's good, but my official day is Thursday. So I'll have to wait before I can change my numbers :lol: oh the little crazy things I do.
Well, I have some more surfing to do.
Have a great Saturday all.
Diana

Christian 01-17-2004 03:56 PM

I weigh in on Thursday too ;) But I cant help but look :lol:
Sneaky little ladies arent we ??? :lol:

DewCan 01-17-2004 09:08 PM

That's too funny Christie,
well, I did all the Saturday cleaning I'm going to do and finished the laundry. Now DH is home and it's time for popcorn. :corn: and Hockey Night in Canada
Diana

cat90 01-18-2004 03:02 PM

So we are all "peekers" eh? :lol: i get on mine every morning but my scale is a miserable so and so :mad: my official day is friday and it did'nt move last friday but it better had this week (and in the right direction) or else :rollpin: <- this is what it'll get and it won't be pretty :s: i've let myself have a few treats over the weekend ;) that is my plan..to stay on track Mon-Fri and have a few extras over the weekend..i know it does'nt work for everybody but it works for me :D

Christian 01-19-2004 10:19 AM

Cathy- Take it easy on that scale girl :lol:

cat90 01-19-2004 11:01 PM

Christie, so far it is unblemished :lol: but it had better be good to me this week :lol:

DewCan 01-19-2004 11:23 PM

You are too funny :rofl:
Hope you had a good day Cat. When is your official weigh day? Fridays right? You ahve time before then to make sure it moves. :tread: :strong: :cp:
Diana

cat90 01-20-2004 11:47 PM

I've had 2 good days Diana :angel: what about you? OK? yes i do weigh-in on Fridays and that scale better pray that it displays the right numbers :lol:

DewCan 01-21-2004 12:12 AM

Cathy, I had a good day today. I ate within my WW points, I exercised, drank some water, had some veggies. This is my first good day this week, too bad it took so long, it's 2 days till my weigh in. I know I'll be down, but not by much. I know you can make it 3 good days in a row, and I'll for sure have one too tomorrow. Oh maybe it took me so long this week because of TOM, yeah, I'll blame it on that. :lol: no I know that I jsut didn't try :o
Have a good night all,
Diana :yawn:

LeanneM83 01-21-2004 09:35 AM

HI Ladies...

ugh, today is one of those days..crampy, crampy, crampy....kind of makes me miss being pregnant....I am happy my weight is still the same and I am feeling like a bloated whale today...
Yesterday I went to the gym to run, I thought I would be able to run 4km if I was lucky...well, 6km later I finally stopped, I probably could have gone further but I was so happy I made it 6km. So needless to say I am somewhat SORE today! ;) But very happy!
Happy Wednesday to all!

Leanne
CW 143 ;)