Old 09-10-2021, 05:35 PM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias ó #32

Good Afternoon! After a perfect weather day yesterday we are back to higher humidity today. I wonít complain because we donít have to shovel yet, and itís sunny. I ran some errands this morning starting at WM. There were a lot of bare shelves so wonder what is going on there. Of course a few of the things I needed werenít there. I picked up the gift shop money forgetting we werenít open Monday so not much there.

Ceejay, Jason was born on our 6th anniversary, on Labor Day no less. It was announced in church Sunday our service will be at 10 from now on. There was no input from the congregation so some of us arenít very happy about that. As it is now we twiddle our thumbs waiting to go at 9:30. We used to have two services before COVID, 8:30 and 11:00. We always went to the early one. Our pastor tends to run over the hour so no reason to stick with an hour to move on to Sunday School. I hope your eyes and ear are back to normal or at least much better.

My dryer should be done and I have another load waiting in the washer. Have a nice weekend!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:47 PM   #2  

Good Afternoon! It's a cloudy cool day in my corner of the world today. The sun is trying to peek through just in time to start going down. I have been home all day and have spent most of my time trying to balance the gift shop check book. I was an even $1000 off so knew it was an addition or subtraction mistake. I always double check with the calculator after writing more than one check or adding deposits, just to make sure my mental math still works. For some reason I missed one number and didn't catch it last month either. I ended up having to go back to July. My check book is very colorful with black, red, and green ink marks! I only had to change the one number in each transaction so once I found it, didn't take long to fix. We went to Ian's first jv game yesterday. He played defensive end and was in the game often; Bob figured at least 75% of the game. They won 16-6 and it was a nice evening, no jackets needed. We stayed after to talk to him and he was in heaven getting to play. Today he had to be in the weight room at 6:15! Jason had an important school board meeting he couldn't miss and felt awful about missing Ian's game. But Beth was able to come and right before the game, she led a yell from all of us to get his attention. We were sitting higher than we usually do but he heard us and waved!

I need to put my gift shop papers away and think about something light for supper. Popcorn sounds good! Have a nice evening!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
My sister is moving back into the condo today. She's excited and so am I. I've moved two truck loads for sis and there is probably more to come. But she is getting the beds moved from ash grove to Branson today and expecting her man friend from Texas this afternoon. The condo is beautiful.
I've started walking in the park but I still have not gotten up to a mile yet. I 'm going to the park here in Battlefield cause its smaller and I feel more confident there. And it's near the police department.
Last week I had conjunctivitis due to the allergies and this week it's in my ears. I'll be glad when all this allergy season is over. I'm taking Allegra.
I was shorted some meds on a refill last month so I got that straightened out and am good to go.
Have a great day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote