Old 02-19-2020, 12:04 AM   #16  

Good Afternoon! It’s been another sunny and very windy day here. We had nothing planned for the day. We ate breakfast at a pancake house where there are griddles in the middle of the table and you could fix your own or they would do all kinds of characters and animals for the kids. I don’t know what they used but the shading and contouring were a darker shade. We all ordered from the menu and I had banana bread waffles. They came like little mini loaves and were delicious. Last night we went to a luau where they had a kids’ line of hot dogs, chips, mac and cheese. Our food was pulled pork, lettuce salad, chicken, rice, some kind of meat (beef ?) with broccoli, fresh fruit, rolls, and several different kinds of desserts. The dancers were very good but it was a little spoiled by off and on rain showers. They handed out ponchos which we put on, everyone looked the same — goofy. At the end they ask for couples on their honeymoon, birthdays, and anniversaries. They go up by 10 years for the anniversaries and we were supposedly the longest married. We had our picture taken and each received a white lei. Today we started putting together things to bring home and I have laundry in the washer. Thursday is the day we head home. It’s been fun but I am ready to get back to “normal” whatever that may be.

Ceejay, in our travels yesterday we were on the other side of the island to watch the surfers. There were two sections of beach blocked off. One had two seals sleeping in the sun. They are Hawaiian monk seals which we had never seen before and didn’t know they were here. They are tagged, one being six years old and the other nine. The other section had one seal and lots of large turtles. The seal was sleeping but the turtles were in and out of the water. I am not a huge chocolate fan but once in awhile I crave it. Bob is a chocoholic so I try not to have it in the house. I’m sure your sister is really stressed dealing with your bil and nephew. Losing inches is good incentive to keep trying the health wellness plan.

“Gma,” your FB picture of pepper steak looked so good! I am ready to eat at home for awhile! We’ve had snack stuff in the condo but haven’t cooked any meals. I hope Jack can get another shot for his finger. I feel his pain! In driving around we have seen several Escape Rooms! None appeared to be open so wonder if it is a night activity or something else.

The washer is done so onto the dryer. Have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow!

Last edited by Jean; 02-19-2020 at 12:07 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Default From my tablet

Sis called me yesterday to see if I could spend the day with him. He is not as strong as he was so I said I would. I drove out this morning while it was snowing. The roads were wet but not slick. Thankful for that. We have a dusting but it's cold. Might I add I don't like in the dark.
He's feeling a lot better.

Jean
I didn't realize that this trip was for your anniversary. Happy anniversary.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 12:54 PM   #18  

Ceejay, glad your bil was feeling better when you got there. Thanks for the anniversary wishes, will keep them until September. This trip wasn’t for our anniversary, we planned it a year in advance. At the luau they just recognize newlyweds first then go on up the line to recognize the longest married couple. I can’t help but think we weren’t the honored ones but several had left after the show because of the rain. Mostly packed and ready to head home later this afternoon.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #19  

Good morning. Miserably cold for our area today. Jack said he was going to wear his fleece hoodie and his ďMichelin ManĒ jacket together if he had to be outside. I guess Iíve gotten used to being a southerner because I am freezing and itís around 27 right now I think.

Jack got another shot in his hand to hold him until we get back from vacation. Dr said second shots donít last as long as the first but will get him to around May and then heíll go in and have surgery where they cut what is called a ďsheathĒ around the tendon that releases it somehow. So, heís got that to look forward to after vacation. Guess Iíll be dressing him again for a bit.

I had a bunch of reward dollars I needed to use from Catherines and found the prettiest striped lightweight cardigan. Itís shades of blues and greens and white. I bought a green top to go under it and it works fine. I still have $50 to use in March, but doubt that I use them. I have too many clothes as it is.

My intention today was to get some housework done, but I have a roaring sinus headache and canít bend over without it exploding so I imagine thatís not going to get done. I have laundry to fold and will sit to do that so I donít have to bend over to get it out of the dryer. I did get my grocery orders in today. Of course, right off the bat I got a notice they no longer carry the frozen noodles I buy. Weíll see just what I get tomorrow and Sunday.

Jean: Jack isnít a chocolate eater but he loves ice cream and desserts. The ship has this big candy store where you can buy stuff by the lb. I love Jelly Belly jelly beans and taffy, but canít eat the stuff. They also have an ice cream and cupcake shop so I imagine Jack will find his way there. Vicki and I are going to do a cupcake decorating class on board. We lived in San Diego for several years eons ago, but never did see much surfing or at Va Beach when we lived there either. There was this restaurant in the Holiday Inn on a high floor that faced the beach. For special occasions we went there a couple times and theyíd light up the boardwalk and you could sit and watch the waves roll onto the beach at night. It was really beautiful. You didnít eat poi?? I actually have several relatives that live in and around Honolulu. My grandpaís brother Hank, married a Polynesian woman and they lived in Hawaii. I have cousins that live there Iíve never met. The escape room on the ship is made to look like mission control and you have to save Apollo 13 I think. Jackís the only one doing that.

CeeJay: Is your bil getting weaker or does it come and go? People drive nuts here and worse when the roads are bad. We had sleet yesterday and a few flakes, but it was gone by noon.

Everybody have a good weekend!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:07 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon! It’s a beautiful day in my neighborhood, sunny and 50 degrees! Snow is melting and it smells like spring outside. I have put most everything away, done some laundry, and went to get my nails filled. Now I know why I never go to the nail salon on Saturdays; they are super busy! I had to wait even though I had an appointment but that was ok. Ernie was glad to see us yesterday and has been glued to Bob ever since we got home. I know he was lonely.

“Gma,” I hope your headache is gone by now! I rarely get those but know how you feel. I like Jelly Bellies too! Walgreens has little packages, two for $4 so I splurge once in awhile. Nope, no poi for us! We didn’t even go to a fish restaurant that other visitors recommended. There used to be a Burger King close to the harbor where a lot of the different boats come and go from, lots of shops, etc. It was always busy and fast. Now it is a fish place and stinks when we walk by. I hope the shot will help Jack’s finger for awhile after the cruise. So far my thumb has had no more locking; I’m a happy camper.

Bob is singing at church tomorrow so I need to iron his shirt and decide what I am wearing. Hope you are enjoying a nice day!
Old 02-26-2020, 06:34 PM   #21  

Good Afternoon! Our sunshine has disappeared and snow is predicted for tonight. It is windy so is that damp cold feeling. I have been trying to get back in the "normal" routine without much luck. I feel like I go from one project to another without finishing what I started. We changed cable companies yesterday and the installer was here from 8 until 2! Years ago we had this same company and buried the cable line along with the electric to the pole in the back yard. We later changed to another provider who insisted they bury their own line. The guy said we needed a new cable but because the yard is frozen will have to wait to bury it. So now we have a bright orange cable across our back yard. Next was the tv in our bedroom which "wouldn't work on the new system." So the guy had to climb a ladder and run another cable up the side of the house. Our siding is old and wouldn't let him put the cable underneath so he screwed (??) it in place. Ugly to say the least. Of course where it comes into the room is on the opposite wall from the tv. Bob said he could run an extension cable behind the dresser and over the door frame. Again, not pretty! He was going to work on that last night and I told him to turn the tv on to be sure the old cable wasn't working. Well, it works just fine so he is going to take the outside cable down once the original is buried. Such a production! On another note, we took Ernie back to the vet and he is on insulin shots twice a day. Bob is doing the deed but Ernie is being so good. He gets tuna and treats which helps; he doesn't even know he's getting a shot. Other than dust bunnies not much else is new. I saw a suggestion on FB to give up clutter for Lent. Good idea and I need to get busy on that! Hope you are enjoying a good day!
Old 02-28-2020, 11:52 AM   #22  

Happy Friday! The sun is trying hard to shine but there are still a few clouds floating around. The weekend is supposed to be sunny and in the 50s, a heat wave! We are going on a road trip later this afternoon to hear Ian and Zowie play in a pep band performance at a basketball game. I need to do some laundry and unload the dishwasher. I'll pick up the gift shop money after lunch and count that tomorrow. I’m beginning to hear an echo here!

I need to get busy and feed the outside critters and orphans. Hope you enjoy your day!

Last edited by Jean; 02-28-2020 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:43 PM   #23  

Good morning. Chilly but sunny here today. Jack is snoozing his chair at the moment and I am getting ready to fold clothes, load breakfast dishes and dust the downstairs. Wish they would invent an I-robot duster. I do hate to dust.

We are going to be busy the next few weeks. Jack has two dermo appts, one Tuesday to look at a knot on his hairline then one to remove the cancer cells on his face. I have a dr appt a week from Monday, nails on Monday, Jackís haircut next weekend, shopping next weekend and Tuesday is super Tuesday primaries. I wish TN would cancel republican primary like SC did. Theyíd put the president on the ballot anyway. Kind of a waste of time. Except for Memphis the state is heavily republican.

Before you ask, yes we are going on our vacation. Royal Caribbean has some heavy duty rules etc in place, are sanitizing ships and air filters between cruises, refusals for some passports, health screenings, etc. Besides none of their ships have had any issues at all. In fact, the major lines, Norwegian, Disney, RCL, Carnival all have had no issues. On top of that, the media is making statements before they are true. People are panicking. I have all except one hotel pd for so we are good to go in a few weeks. I always take Lysol spray, hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes and spray the room, furniture, wash tables and chairs, etc. Iíve done it since we have started cruising. I am upping it though, by taking wipes out into public areas along with hand sanitizer and wiping tables and such before we sit down and eat and cleaning our hands before eating.

Jean: We are having issues finding restaurants close to our Miami hotel that are not Cuban. The hotel is out by the airport and has a lg Cuban community. I have been doing advance scouting on trip advisor and Google. Love her, but my friend is very narrow minded about food. Well, weíre Bapt and donít do Lent, but maybe I should give up dusting for Lent. Of course by the time Easter gets here weíll be choking to death. Good grief what a mess just for cable. The owner of the Cubs started a new network where 150 of the 162 games will now be broadcast on it and of course Directv doesnít carry it. We can watch them on our Ipad though. Weíll have to see how it plays out.

CeeJay: Hope everything is ok with you and yours.

Have a good Saturday everyone.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:11 PM   #24  

Good Evening! It’s been another bright sunny day in my neighborhood, not quite as warm as the weekend but warm enough to melt snow. It was a typical Monday: count money, stop by the bank, a couple errands on my way home, and laundry.

”Gma,” I agree about dusting, it’s a waste of time! Good luck to Jack with his doctor appointments. This conovirus, however it is spelled, is scary. I hope I never have to wear a mask, wore one for a few minutes at the doctor’s office a year ago and it drove me nuts. I used the wipes on the airplanes too although we saw the cleaning crews get off the planes which is a first for us. I like the idea of giving up clutter for Lent, one item a day. I have a box started! We have lots of sports channels now but not sure about the Cubs. Bob just likes a good game but no favorite teams. Football is probably his favorite but will watch baseball or basketball next. Maybe Ceejay is off visiting her sister, I hope.

i have a meeting tonight, really don’t want to go but it is installation of officers and I am one. Enjoy the rest of your evening!
Old 03-03-2020, 11:45 AM   #25  

Good Morning! It's another beautiful sunny morning heading up to 50 degrees this afternoon. The dishwasher is washing and the clothes washer is waiting so will have dishes to put away and clothes to fold, iron, and/or put away. I've addressed church birthday cards and they are ready for the mailman. Some days he is here around two while other days the sub comes around five, same route so go figure that one. The mail truck leaves town at four to go to Des Moines, two and a half hours away, to sort and cancel our mail then brings the local mail back here tomorrow. They say it is cost effective. Hah!

I need to work on my Lenten decluttering; my box is about half full. Hope you enjoy a terrific Tuesday!
Old 03-04-2020, 12:26 AM   #26  

Good evening. We went and voted this morning, came back home then at 1:30 went to Jackís dermatology appt. As I said on FB, itís a cyst which they wonít remove because itís not covered by medicare. They say itís elective. Elective is getting bigger boobs or a tummy tuck, not have a foreign object removed but nothing we can do about it. We then went and had a late lunch. When we got home we just collapsed and vegged the rest of the evening. Back to work for Jack tomorrow and I want to clean the bathroom and do the ďstand upĒ dusting as I call it, the wall decor, lamps and such. I sit to do tables and such because they are so low it kills my back nowadays.

I bought yarn to start a project to take on vacation. Iím going to make a couple of prayer shawls. Donít know whoís gonna get them. I found this gorgeous gradient yarn. One is beautiful pastels and the other is called sunrise and is reds and oranges and yellows. Canít wait to start one.

Jean: How is the ole Lent decluttering going? Our post people usually deliver around 5 pm but we have a new gal that is by our house by 11 in the morning, which is great. I told Jack I am out of mail hold cards so he needs to get me more so I can fill one out and he take it to the post office before we leave. I wish theyíd have put in a regular mailbox like others have. They cut the mailbox shape on, slid it onto a plywood ledge an cut the center out of the box so the mail would fall through into a box or something in the garage. We have a tiny one attached to the garage wall. How did your meeting go?

Well off to bed for me. Iím almost falling asleep typing.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:50 PM   #27  

Good afternoon. Itís a fairly nice day today with mid 50ís and sunny. I have a dr appt Monday so hope itís warm. I am watching ďHome TownĒ but we lost all the channels for about 5 minutes. Itís back on now.

Tomorrow and Sunday is grocery delivery and Jackís haircut. I want to get downstairs cleaned and upstairs bathrooms this weekend. Right now I am having intestine issues so hopefully that will blow through by tomorrow. Itís hard to get things done when this happens as I have to use the hearing pad.

Today is Christmas in March. We have a wireless charger coming for Jack and I have a few more vacation pieces, some jewelry to match dinner clothes, and a new handbag and wallet I decided I had to have. Sounds like it all was just delivered!

I started a new knitting project. I bought yarn for two prayer shawls and I have started the pastel one. Easy pattern.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Old 03-06-2020, 09:29 PM   #28  

Good Evening! It was another beautiful “spring” day in my neighborhood, sunny and 55 degrees. I can’t help but think we will get one more snow before winter is officially over. I have been sorting and pitching paper piles today! For the life of me I don’t know why I saved some of this stuff! I picked up the gift shop money after lunch and have that ready to deposit on Monday. Late this afternoon we went to a funeral visitation for the wife of Bob’s former manager who hired him 38 years ago. The territory was much smaller then and we had some fun Christmas parties that they hosted. She was a couple years younger than we are, and very involved in different forms of education. One of our family owned banks has been sold to another bank where the owner has bought other banks and built “bigger ‘n better.” We each have an account at the first bank and Bob didn’t want his business account to go to the second bank. So we are in the process of getting all the direct deposit and automatic withdrawal forms lined up. Bob is doing all the work and I just sign on the dotted line.

“Gma,” I could have sworn I posted before your last post! I remember commenting that our church knitters also make prayer shawls. I wonder when that post disappeared. I saw the yarn on FB and the shawls will be so pretty! I am surprised that Medicare won’t cover the cyst surgery for Jack. Then again it seems like insurance coverage changes on a daily basis. I’m just tired of premiums going up to cover people who opt not to have insurance. The night meeting was boring but ok. The hostess lives in an old two story home, where she was raised, that has beautiful carved woodwork; she is a decorator who works for a custom cabinet making company so everything is first class. She is also a great cook and the dining room table was full of fancy cookies, bars, and tea cakes. I wanted to ask for a box to go! You are the queen of shopping! I am waiting for the credit card bill from Maui shopping. I will sit down before I open it!

it is time for Ernie’s tuna snack and insulin so better get it ready, we try to do a 7 am and 7 pm schedule. Enjoy your evening!
Old 03-07-2020, 10:36 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

A lot has happened since the last time I was here. Bil has passed away. He wanted to be cremated. His memorial service was thursday. He had planned it and it was beautiful service. Almost like a church service. I will be moving in with sis in the Ash Grove house with in the next couple of weeks. My nephew will be living in this house. So hopefully this will cut down on some of his drama. He is going back to rehab Sunday for another 14 days.
His wife is divorcing him. I'm glad in a way because it was just to hard for her and the kids to deal with him. He stayed with sis while he was home for the funeral. Even sis mentioned how high maintenance he is. I'm leaving him the furniture as a starter home and he can then start to replace it when he wants to. I'd decided that at the age of 70 I wanted to do this and it's time. I will be 70 in August.. I will have to get used to the difference in a small town verses a larger city but that will not take long.

I will be back for pesonals. It's time for breakfast.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-07-2020 at 10:37 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 11:23 AM   #30  

Ceejay, I am so sorry about your bil’s death. It is hard to accept but when there was no cure, nor quality of life, I am thankful he is now pain free. You have had a lot of challenges to deal with lately. I hope your nephew appreciates using your home and treats it with respect for you. Smaller towns do have their advantages; shopping is not one of them however. You take care of you now!