Old 05-27-2021, 09:14 PM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias — #7

Good Evening! We got up to rain this morning and it has rained most of the day. We need it since we are on the edge of the drought line. The wind is blowing hard enough that some leaves are falling. We have talked about doing this several times and decided to visit my hometown tomorrow and decorate graves. My parents and one set of grandparents have perpetual care which is an urn filled with geraniums. The greenhouse plants them and the cemetery takes care of them all summer. We are going to try and find my great grandparents’ and paternal grandmother in a little town close by. I remember going to put flowers in the cemeteries when I was a child, many years ago. My grandma had a flower garden so always had several bouquets to distribute. My dad has been gone19 years this fall and my mom 27 this summer, hard to believe. This afternoon my garage door wouldn’t open when I pushed the button and the spring was broken. Bob was home so he unhooked the opener cord and got the door open. Of course the fix it guy doesn’t live in our town and hasn’t returned our call. Bob was able to cobble it together so it will work, I’m glad he was home when it happened!

Ceejay, our weather is just crazy! We had the air on one day and the furnace running the next. I’m never sure what to wear to ball games but take a choice of jackets and always have a couple blankets we keep in the car. Congrats on going to the gym! Are you still wearing your mask? I made a quick run to WM and the grocery store this afternoon, more people are going without than with.

I have some dishes to do so better get them done. Hope you enjoy a fantastic Friday and a nice weekend!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 01:01 PM   #2  

Good Morning! It's a gloomy rainy morning, and chilly although the wind isn't blowing. We've been to church and there were more people than usual, no masks required and social distancing only in a few pews. We were able to enter in our normally used door which was nice. We are creatures of habit. I have a load of laundry in the washer and potatoes baking in the oven. Bob is going to grill chicken and I will make a tossed salad to call it good. Hope you have a nice day!
Old 06-02-2021, 09:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Default from my phone

Morning.
I had a tickling my throat all weekend but.now its full blown.. coughing is horrible.. I took my temp yesterday and it was 100.0. sis has it too. I sure hope my uncles didn't get this. this morning temp is 98.9. I took an Aleve last night. I really enjoyed our visit.
Sis got upset with me cause I told her I didn't think I could make the trip to Florida. she started in on.me and I up and left. I can't and will not take that kind of abuse.
‐-------
Jean
we don't have to wear mask but in certain areas I wish I had worn mine more last week, maybe I would not have gotten this crud. now I wonder if I should have a covid test done.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:40 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining and it's another beautiful day in my neighborhood! No one is mowing and no dogs barking so it's peaceful and quiet. I started my day looking for an invoice in the gift shop first thing this morning. The clueless buyer ok'd the packing slip to pay which didn't include shipping. [img]/dir-icon/0/2/angry.icon[/img] Since I'm without an official boss for the time being I left phone messages for two different people who should have the invoice or at least handled it. No one returned my calls so called the smarter buyer and she was to call the company for an invoice copy. Hopefully I will get it soon. Then I went to get my nails done, had lunch by the lake, and then went for a haircut. Bob is filling bird feeders and watering flowers.

Ceejay, hope you feel better soon! Maybe a COVID test is a good idea since you were around family. The only place masks are required here is healthcare places. Even that is a push for me now. Oh well, rules are rules.

Our summer baseball schedule just came by "messenger" and whoever sent it to Amanda obviously has never made one before. I can't copy and paste nor forward it to an email nor print it. There are two games on Saturday, 1:00 and 3:00, promptly changed to 9:00 and 11:00. I can tell all ready it's going to be an interesting season. 9:00 is too early so will go to the 11:00 game then pick up our table and chairs from graduation.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 06-04-2021, 10:16 PM   #5  

Default on phone again

I did go to urgent care Thursday. I was told I had a combination of allergies and a viral infection. also have laryngitis. but it's finally getting better. She gave me prednisone which really helps. I did have a covid test and tested negative. .
It's been a gorgeous day but I've been inside most of the day. Changed the light bulb in the laundry room and in my bathroom.
Jean
have fun at the games.. it would be to hot for me
Old 06-05-2021, 01:18 PM   #6  

Another beautiful day. Going to hot and humid though. Going to work on cleaning the gutters above the deck. Think I can reach those from my 6 foot ladder. I'm hiring a handyman to do the rest. If it's not to expensive I may put those leaf guards on the gutter's.
I'm feeling much, much better today but can't say that for sis. She's miserable. She's afraid that she will mess up the first vaccine if she takes anything so she's toughing it out. I think she's one day behind me so hopefully tomorrow she will feel better.
I have a load of sheets in the washer so I will go put those in the dryer. And try to put the cover back on the light I changed out in the bathroom. Then outside.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:30 AM   #7  

morning
nothing to report. did mow the yard yesterday and need to finish weedeating this afternoon.
still a bit stuffy from my cold/bronchitis but am doing a lot better.
niece that has been in Florida is moving back at the end of the month. im happy about her coming home..
hi to every one.
s
Old 06-08-2021, 06:13 PM   #8  

Good Afternoon! Another 90 degree day in my neighborhood. It seems like I've been on the go since last Friday: baseball on Saturday, church, making bars, and laundry on Sunday, counting and cohosting a PEO meeting Monday, then dusted, vacuumed, and made a casserole today. I have a yearly PEO meeting tonight so I'm hoping it doesn't last long. I am doing cat chores this week so spent an hour with “Boomer” this afternoon watching tv. She is a lover and lonely.

Ceejay, we put gutter covers on several years ago. They have more than paid for themselves with our two story house. Is your niece that is moving back home the one with the cat you took care of. I’m glad you are feeling better and hope your sister is too by now.

Hope all is well today and enjoy your evening!
Old 06-09-2021, 01:10 PM   #9  

Default morning

I've been posting from my phone bc it is easier.
Cold/sinuses are a lot better but still have congestion.
Have this smell in my nose that smells like a wet dog. yuck.
still don't feel 100% but need to do some tings.
Jean
Yes, this niece is the one. she has offered to let me have her back and am seriously thinking about it.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:18 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon! It's another hot day, 91 this afternoon. My lunch bunch got together for the first time since the shut down a year plus ago. It was nice to catch up with everyone again. Also saw some other school retirees at the restaurant. When the restaurant closed three hours later, I went to visit Boomer, the cat. She let me know her favorite food was late. Home again and no ambition to do anything taking much effort.

Ceejay, I agree a wet dog smell wouldn’t be nice. Hope it’s gone soon. A cat is a lot of company, I would miss mine. We’ve had several cats for over 52 years when I dragged the first one home from school.

I have to fold a load of Bob's socks so better do that before I forget. Hope you enjoy your evening!
Old 06-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #11  

Default phone

Not much going on. still getting better each day.
if I feel like it later on I want to work outside in the flowerbed. I need to take up rotten landscape timbers. I have a vision in my head as to how I want the area to look. I'll see how much I can do today. I'll have to go to lowes to get some materials. landscape pavers etc. . sis gave me garden beds but that's not what I had In mind. maybe in another area. there is a corner that I'd like to put in wild flowers.
Jean
are you "cat sitting " Boomer?
I'm not looking forward to the 90 degree heat but it should be here today.
Old 06-11-2021, 12:42 PM   #12  

Good Morning! It's raining!!!! YAY, we need as much as we can get! I left the house at 8 to make a WM run, then the grocery store, and then home to unload. Next was the gift shop to pick up money and lastly to visit Boomer. Her family is coming home tonight but I wanted to feed her her favorite food and scoop her potty box. She went to sit by the chair waiting for a lap but I needed to get home and unload the WM bags. She will be so glad to have her family home again. I need to do some serious dusting and vacuuming after lunch. Lunch is going to be leftovers!

Ceejay, Boomer belongs to a retired middle school teacher and I have “catsat” her whenever they are gone. They owned a nursery at one time and Boomer just showed up one day; she would leave and come back like a boomerang so they brought her home and named her Boomer. She is a lover and I try to spend an hour with her each day. She eats her soft food then spends the hour on my lap. Hope you got some rain for your flowers.

Have a fantastic Friday and enjoy!
Old 06-12-2021, 10:08 AM   #13  

Default morning

Think we missed the storms last night. We mainly got the wind off the clouds. but our power went off for a few minutes this morning due to a feeder at the substation.
think sis and I are going to a high school reunion in Paragould at the end of the month. this will be her 50th.
Still haven't been outside to work in the yard This crud has worn me down but I am feeling better each day.
sis is having a weekend with the guy from TX. she really likes him. They are a good match.
need to go to the grocery store but need to plan a few things to eat for next week.
Jean.
so glad that you are willing to cat sit Boomer. Have a good day
Old 06-16-2021, 05:37 PM   #14  

Good Afternoon! Our sunshine has disappeared but it is a humid 95 degrees and quite windy. We are "at risk" for a severe storm, not sure if that means watch or warning. We need rain badly! I went to get my nails done this morning, then made a couple stops coming home. One stop was to visit about a new laptop but there was no live body at the enclosed COVID window and no bell to ring. The computer said to fill out the accompanying info on the computer or printer I was leaving for service. I wasn't leaving anything so left and will call tomorrow. Beth and Maddy stopped by after lunch on their way to eastern Iowa and Illinois for college visits. They plan to do some sight seeing in Chicago which makes me a bit nervous. I asked if they would be driving and Beth said they would take the above ground rail service. I told Maddy that is too far away from home! We went to Ian's double header games last night. They won both games but we left half way through the second game. It was still midnight when we got home and I am dragging today. Bob is at the farm washing tractors; one is for a tractor ride and the other will pull a float in the July 4th parade.

Ceejay, Beth and Maddy wanted to meet Baby today. I told them to come in quietly, not say anything, and maybe they would see the black streak on her way to the basement. She is such a spook around anyone new coming in the house. Ernie doesn’t move as fast but he usually heads for the basement too. Help you felt like doing some yard work. Neighbors have been mowing and now their lawns are turning brown. Bob says he’s not mowing until it rains. He could be waiting awhile.

Hard to believe June is half over! Hope you are enjoying a nice day and keeping cool! How did we ever live without air conditioning?!

Old 06-17-2021, 09:55 AM   #15  

Default morning

Jean
I did finally mow the yard. I felt better yesterday Thankful for my rider. I may try to work in the flowerbed today it's over grown again. we need some rain.

still not much going on. just dealing with the allergy symptoms. need to wash a load of clothes and run the dishwasher.

Have a great day