3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias — #28 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/315934-steel-magnolias-%97-28-a.html)

gma22 10-08-2018 10:06 AM

Good moring to you all. It is sunny and going to be hot again. I saw yesterday a good portion of the country is getting a lot of rain. We noticed one farmer had harvested his cotton, but there are still fields they haven’t gotten to.

I have a load of laundry in the washer, but am knitting this morning trying to get more down on the cardigan. I really love the colors. It is knit in three pieces, the sleeves and the body. The sleeves will be knit into the sweater as raglan sleeves not sewn in. So, it’s pretty easy so far.

This week will be quiet, but next Monday is Jack’s first cataract surgery and then all the followup appts. He’ll be off work nearly 3 weeks then back to work until they schedule the other one then off three weeks. In between I have a couple appts and a dr appt.

CeeJay: Sounds like you had a nice visit.

Jean: Weather channel isn’t showing snow for you all. It is showing a few more rain days though. Your temps have dipped. Funny that you are topping out in low 50’s and it is still upper 80’s here. We are going from 80’s to 60’s though starting middle of the week. Talk about crashing. :lol: I may get to wear my new sweaters next week.

Hope you have a great week. On to doing chores.

Jean 10-08-2018 06:20 PM

Good Afternoon! Another day of rain and gloom. Grrr! Enough is enough! No matter where you go everyone is complaining about the weather! Ok, I will quit! :D We had a lot to count this morning at church and it was almost 11 before I got home. I was going to run a couple errands after lunch but it was raining so hard I decided to stay home. I fixed a roast for lunch. Anyone have a suggestion for making good gravy? Mine never tastes like my mom used to make but I keep trying. I have even used the powder mixes and gravy in a jar but they just don’t have much flavor either. Today being Columbus Day, some of our banks were closed, no mail delivery, and not sure about the court house offices.

“Gma,” PLEASE share some of your sunshine! Why does Jack have to take so much time off work after his cataract surgery? I hope all goes well for him. It took me a long time to get used to no contacts. Love it! Believe me, I would love some 80 degree weather again! Bob says this is just like the monsoon when he was in Vietnam. ☔️

Bob is at church for practice and will be home soon. Supper is left over roast beef sandwiches or whatever he wants. I’m thinking popcorn! Hope you enjoy a nice evening! :wave:

ceejay52 10-09-2018 02:24 PM

Had to go to the grocery store this morning but I did beat the rain. I may go to the gym a bit later.
I ordered a new fit bit. I had lost my other one. It came today. I didn't get one of the more expensive ones just something to keep up with my movement and keep me motivated.

Jean
Is Bob in choir? A roast beef sandwich sounds good right now.

gma
Has it cooled down? The temperature is really supposed to drop starting tomorrow.

gma22 10-09-2018 03:30 PM

This thread is closed. Go to #29