Old 07-18-2017, 07:32 AM   #31  

Good morning to you all. We are cranking up to be near a 100 degrees by Friday and over the weekend. It is very hot here and boy my utility bill is showing it, but we can't cook in the house.

The guy was very prompt yesterday morning. Jack called at 8:15 and the guy was out here by 10:30. It was very bad this time as it had overflowed into the street, which is dangerous. Anyway, he snaked it out, and Jack said the water came whooshing through and he pulled out the snake and it looked like a giant qtip, (feminine products.) It was backed up clear to our condo and that means 5 condos had to be in trouble because we live smack dab in the middle. So we are clear again for awhile.

Only two of my nail polishes came. The two I really wanted have been discontinued. They said they refunded my money.

Jean: I have to get upstairs and clean bathrooms since I couldn't do it with the plumbing issue. I dread it because of the heat but it has to be done. Before my surgery, I was very sensitive to night driving and couldn't see street signs for the life of me. I know you'll do great with your presentation.

Everyone have a great day today and stay cool.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:20 PM   #32  

Happy Tuesday! Another hot and humid day with storms predicted for tonight. We need a few days of nice gentle rain. The crops are becoming stressed in some areas which in turn makes for stressed farmers. Bob helped me clean in the basement this afternoon. What a pit it was! I hate being down there so spend as little time as possible to do laundry and scoop Ernie's potty boxes. I need to do better at keeping up on the cleaning part. The furnace guy has to come and "read" the air conditioner so we can get our rebate from when it was installed last fall. He will also be upstairs to check the return registers so that is my project tomorrow.

"Gma," so glad you got such prompt service on the plumbing! I just got my eye doctor's retirement letter today; his replacement isn't coming until October but the current guy is officially done in August. I still haven't decided whether to go to Sioux City for a second opinion or not. I'm guessing I will get the "not ready yet" verdict.

Bob just offered to fix supper which means we go out! Yay! I need to change clothes and will be ready! Have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow!

Last edited by Jean; 07-18-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:22 AM   #33  

This thread is closed. Please go to #11
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote