3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The New & Improved Successful Singles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/31269-new-improved-successful-singles.html)

tryinghard2lose 08-31-2003 02:42 PM

The New & Improved Successful Singles

Hi All,

WELCOME BACK!!!! I thought I'd take this opportunity to welcome all the singles out there looking to trim down and tone up.

First, let me introduce myself to everyone.
My name is LA, I am single and have never been married. I work and live in TN and have 2 cats and value all my friendships. I am currently on WW. I have lost 20 pounds (22 on a good week) and like you all, I struggle daily with diets and dating.
;)

I've met some great friends here on this website and am glad to say we're starting back the new threat. This time we're going to do this!!!!! We're going to do it bigger and better than ever. I've found that by pacing myself, I do better. So I take it 2 weeks at a time. Starting tomorrow, I'm back OP and am not going to eat Carbs after 2 pm--including sweets :(

Anyway, I welcome you all back to the Singles fold and invite any of you looking for support and friendship in this dog-eat-dog world of dieting to come along for the ride. It's going to be fun!!!

jenjen 08-31-2003 05:55 PM

Hey Gang! I'm back as well.

To any of the newbies who may check us out. Here are my stats: I'm 32, single never married, no kids. I live in Texas and work for the state. I've been in cooking school since January, but am currently taking a leave of absence. So far, I haven't been eating well recently. The plan is to start exercising this week & to begin eating better. I know I will feel so much better if I do. I need to lose about 60-70 pounds. I haven't been on a scale in a while, so this is a pure guess.

LA, I guess you got anxious about me not starting the thread. Sorry, I've been running around cleaning the apartment. The family came up to see the new place. It was nice to see them as it's been a while.

I hope the rest of the gang comes back & if there are any newbies, please come join us.

Have a great week!

LibbyLee 08-31-2003 09:24 PM

Single Newbie

Hi! Been browsing looking for some singles to keep in touch with - and here you are.

I am Libby and I am 32, single(never married) and live in Atlanta, GA. I am 5' 5" (and a half). I have a crazy dog who is almost as much work as a child and spends her days chewing sticks and leaving them in the floor for me to clean up.

I spend most of my days sitting behind a Computer ( I work in Finance/IT designing software and web applications) and my evenings vary but lately I havent been doing much of anything other than going home. I think the being overwieght and still single has really gotten to me lately. Maybe I use it as an excuse but I am not very confident about myself with the extra weight and hope getting that off will help get me out and get me a little more active beyond my work!

Cant weight (ha, I mean wait can you tell what is on my mind...)

Anyway, cant wait to get to know you all!

Libby

hefty1 09-01-2003 11:07 AM

:wave: would you gals mind a man in your group? i find it hard to cook for one, since stores don't sell small quantities of veggies.
me : never married. i live in toronto and 49.

trying to stay awy from :cbg and :jeno:

:) glen

tryinghard2lose 09-01-2003 11:15 AM

Welcome Libby & Glen

Hi Guys,

I spent 10 minutes typing a reply welcoming Libby to our fold when it deleted it and I had to come back and do it again. Good thing 'cause I saw Glen's post.

Look ladies, we can meet nice men on the internet :)

Glen and Libby, I am so glad you are here.

Libby, I totally sympathize with you. I spend all day at a computer and go home. That's no fun and yes, it does get to you.

Glen, It's hard to prepare food for one. I usually store it for later, but head to the leftovers before I get the kitchen cleaned.

This week I've decided to set some goals. I can't promise I'll meet them but we'll try.

1. Eat no Carbs after 2 pm (in support of a friend)
2. Go for 1 walk after work (even though it's 800 degrees)
3. Not go home and feel sorry for myself (even though this is going to be a rough week!!!!!)
4. Try to do something that will get me out and meeting people.

All right, I am doing something VERY silly. It's the first year anniversary of our show and I promised everyone I'd make pies and sweets. I'm making brownies, and pies and a cake. Yes, all three. And since it will be 2 pm before I can start, I won't be able to eat any :( so I'm really going to have a hard time with the Carb thing. I don't know how those Atkins people do it. They're a strong bunch of people I tell you..

Well ladies, must dash to the store....

LA

LibbyLee 09-01-2003 02:39 PM

Thanks for the Welcome

Nice to "meet" you all. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

I am off to do my weekly grocery shopping. Made a list, lots of veges, lean meat, etc... I am just going to have to force myself to spend the time in the kitchen and prepare some good meals.

Glen I understand your frustration with the vegetables - it seems I throw away half of what I buy. I think my problem is the tendancy to shop like my mom did - go 1 day a week, buy everything you need for the week. But being single, plans change or I dont want to cook one night and boom - tons of wasted food. I am going to try this week forcing myself to eat in for all my meals and see if I can do it.

LA - I admire your goals. I dont how the no carb folks do it either. I tried the South Beach and after about a week was miserable - had no energy, was grogy, couldnt keep a train of thought and had such horrible stomach/acid pain I cant tell you. It was miserable. It just wasnt worth it to me. I am a true picture of the "carb addict" so I am just trying to be more conscious of eating those and adding more vegetables but cutting them out just doesnt work for me.

Have any of you had any success on restricted diets, like Atkins, or plans like WW?

Ok - well, off to the store. Hope you are all having a good Labor Day (I guess not in Canada but Happy Monday to you up there!)

hefty1 09-01-2003 05:02 PM

:wave:
libby we celebrate labour day also. i guess the best way to save throwing out the veggies is to cook them and freeze them. i can meet ladies here.

:) glen

jenjen 09-01-2003 05:45 PM

Hi Gang!

Welcom Libby & Glen. It's always nice to get to meet new people!

LA, How's the baking coming along? What a brave soul you are.

I agree with all of the cooking. I hate cooking for just me. If I had someone else to feed it would be much easier. I try to buy fresh veggies at the farmer's market. That will at least get me through a few days.

I'm trying to get my game plan together as to how I'm going to tackle this.

I've had a leisurely day. Mainly curled up on the couch reading. It's been cool thanks the storm that's hitting the coast.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day. Have a great week.

tryinghard2lose 09-01-2003 06:09 PM

Hi Ho,

Well, I baked 2 batches of brownies (including one before 2--so I snuck a couple :) ) 2 pies and one cake. My apartment is like, 100 degrees. I agree, buying veggies is hard. I try to buy it every 3 or 4 days or so. I live near a mom and pop fruit stand so I pop in every now and then. I love veggies so I eat them up pretty fast. Fruit is, and always has been, the hardest for me!! I buy it but never eat it. I don't know why. I eat when I'm with someone but if it's just up to me to eat it, it just won't happen. I don't know why that is.

I'm glad Libby & Glen have joined our little group. Now if we can just get Becky, Other LA, Lisa, Jen and Melissa to come back, we'll be all set.

Are we chatting Thursday. Guys this is a lot of fun, you get to learn more about us and we meet other new people, too. It's a lot of fun, try to make it. We'll try for Thursday evening at 9 pm (EST)

Well, I'm going to go ice my cake and eat some chicken and broccoli. Boy, that's a bummer :(

Young Grasshopper 09-02-2003 12:01 AM

Hi All!

After talking with LA and Jen in chat on thursday I've been looking for this thread! So here I am...as I said I would be. Just in time as I gear up for a start tomorrow.

My name is Deb and I live in NY. I have a back injury so I'm in and out of full time work. Was working civil service and teaching. Right now I'm playing it by ear. Since I injured my back I feel like a turtle flipped on it's back...not easy. I'm 33, single and tall...(thank GOD!)...I've got about 120-150 lbs to lose. When I hit 100 make be prepared for my lucky me dance!

I'm not really going to follow a program. Just going to do the obvious things :water, exercise (as I can), veggies and fruit, etc. Goals of the week are to get back into physical therepy, check out a TOPS meeting, eat 3 meals a day that I made (I'm notorious for eating out), drinking all my water, and doing my best.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Deb

321.6/180

jenjen 09-02-2003 05:43 PM

Hey everyone. I hope your Tuesday didn't feel too much like a Monday. Work was busy, but I got a lot done.

LA, Hope your celebration & all the goodies were a hit. You did some major baking!

Grasshopper, Good to see you here. Glad you decided to join us.

I will do my best to be in chat on Thursday. I have to bake a cake for work on Friday. One of the hospital administrators has been bugging me for months to cook for him, so I promised to bake him a cake. Today, I just realized he'll be here on Friday. I haven't decided what to make, so I'm going to have to go through a lot of recipes and find something worthy! UGH! I'm going to try to start on it tomorrow, so I can ice it Thursday.

I'm slowly getting a plan in place. I guess one of these days I'll actually need to step on the scale!

Have a great evening & day tomorrow! ;)

LibbyLee 09-02-2003 06:43 PM

Hi!

Hi Grasshopper!

All this baking talk is making me want brownies and cakes and.... Actually I want a good southern pound cake with peaches and whipped cream. Yum.

Had a pretty good Tuesday here. Work was light ( I have the very nice luxuary of getting to telecommute about half the time) so I started with a crazy big breakfast this morning. Eggs, half a bagel, fresh fruit, a piece of bacon and 2 cups of coffe - it was like I had not eaten in a week I was so hungry when I got up today. GOing to grill a little piece of steak and some fresh zucchini for dinner.

Trying to get motivated to go to the gym later but I think I am going to opt for a walk with the dog instead. She usually walks me so I get a pretty good workout!

Not too much else going on here in the humid south - hope you are all having a good day.

Libby

tryinghard2lose 09-03-2003 07:33 AM

Welcome Young Grasshopper

Hi All,

I apologize, my password expired and I just spent 15 minutes fixing it :dizzy:

Well, how are things? The cakes and pies were a hit. I had to eat a brownie very quickly before 2 pm. I went to have a drink with co-workers last night at a Mexican restaurant and am happy to report I didn't have any chips or carbs :D

Well, I've been here one year, It seems like forever ago I was in NC.

Young Grasshopper, it's good to have you.

Libby, your dinner sounds great, I hope you enjoyed. I'm awak early this morning because I went to bed early last night. I haven't felt very well the past 2 days. I keep telling folks I have West Nile.

Well, I'm going to go to work. I'll chat tomorrow night 9 pm!!!! Jenjen, pop in if you have time.

LA

jenjen 09-03-2003 08:14 PM

Hey gang! Well the week's already 1/2 over. WooHoo!

Libby, How did the steak & veggies turn out? I would love to be able to telecommute. If only our agency allowed it.

LA, Good for you for keeping with your goals!

How are the rest of you doing?

I'm maintaining. Eating 1/2 way healthy. I haven't gotten to the exercise portion yet. I'm hoping to start that this weekend or next week. Work has been a zoo. We have a huge meeting on Friday that I am partially in charge of. Just trying to get everything done for that.

I'm starting a lot of the prep on the cake tonight. It shouldn't take too long to actually bake tomorrow so I should make it to chat.

Have a great evening & day tomorrow!

tryinghard2lose 09-03-2003 08:59 PM

Well, Tomorrow IS another day

Hi There

Well first the good news, I did pretty good the first half of my day :) and then I went out. My friend who is skipping Carbs had to bow out and I folded. I mean, I only did this 2 days!!! Oh well. I had fajitas tonight and am sick. I don't understand why I don't have better discipline. If it's on a plate and lays still, I'm going to eat it :) Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow

Well how is everyone else? Libby, grasshopper, Glen? Check in and let us know how things are.
I think my problem is I haven't been to the gym. :strong: I can't believe I'm saying t his but I miss it.

I also think I have fleas in my apt. I have little bites all over me. Sigh, if it ain't one thing it's another!!!!

Well ladies (and gentleman) I'll talk to you guys tomorow, I don't see anything keeping me from chatting at 9pm est.

Becky, are you t here? Where are you? & LIsa and everyone else. Yoo Hoo :wave:

Okay ya'll talk to you later!!