3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The New & Improved Successful Singles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/31269-new-improved-successful-singles.html)

Young Grasshopper 09-03-2003 11:16 PM

Hi All!

Interesting week so far...haven't been on target as much as I'd like to be. Got an interview tomorrow....kind of nervous. Will try and get to chat tomorrow. Nite all!

Deb

LibbyLee 09-04-2003 04:33 PM

Hi!

Hope you are all having good days.

LA - you are right - tomorrow is another day. Dont be too hard on yourself. My (humble) opinion is that making the effort and a few days of good eating is better than none at all. Personally I know lots of folks who love the no or very low carb way of life - doesnt do it for me. I have tried but then just binge after about 2 or 3 days. I am finding more success cutting them down but not out. You may just have to "play" with your diet a bit and find what works for you.

The steak was yummy - I cooked 2 so I still have some left - think I will slice it and throw it over a salad tonight. The zucchini was good too. Loving the grill!

I have not been back to the gym in one week - what happened to me? Well, the soreness took me out for about 4 days but now 3 more days have gone by - I have got to get myself in gear and get there today.

I saw a commercial for Oprah last night so I had to cut it on this afternoon- they are showing dramatic weight loss stories - inclduing 1 guy going from 525 pounds to 220 pounds in one year on his own - no surgery, walking, healthy eating. Amazing. You know, if he and all the other folks on the show can do this, I think we can too!

tryinghard2lose 09-04-2003 10:52 PM

Hi All,

Jenjen, it was good talking to you. As expected I got kicked out and I couldn't get back in. I tried everything, I even asked the moderator. I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be rude. I'll try again after I leave her. But know that I did try to get back on. We must have been too much for them lol

How is everyone doing? Me, I'm okay. Went to the gym tonight,which is good because I had a BAD day at work. Oh well, it's almost Friday :)

Well, I guess I'm goign to go to bed. I'm going to try one last time to get back in the chat room after that, I'm giving up.

Thanks for playing,

LA

LibbyLee 09-04-2003 10:54 PM

Sorry I missed the chat

Got caught up in something else, then it was 10:00

LA - causing trouble already :lol: ??

Hope to join you all next week.

jenjen 09-04-2003 11:21 PM

Hey gang!

LA, I figured you got kicked out. I waited around about 10-15 minutes and then left. Had to go watch football...that & the World Poker Championship. I'm thinking poker may be my new calling! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope everyone has a great Friday. Talk to ya later :D

hefty1 09-05-2003 12:58 PM

:wave: i have busy but im back. saturday scale day. ttfn :) glen

Young Grasshopper 09-05-2003 11:57 PM

Sorry I missed chat on thursday....sorry I missed seeing the reason LA got booted. Wonder what was too risky...lol.

I got the job! :) Start sometime next week...on a real carb binge right now. Not good. Bad day and the first thing I think of is bread and chocolate and carbs! Grrrrr. Need to get focused.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Deb

corningkat 09-06-2003 01:07 AM

hi

hey there everyone! just discovered your thread and love. mind if i jump on the bandwagon??!!

i've never been married, almost 38, no kids, but i have a dog named molly who is my kid. i 've had her since 6 weeks old and she is now 10. she has been thru thick and thin with me. many moves and several boyfriends. we now own our own house here in the southern tier of NY so at least we don't have to move again. lol! :lol:

i work 2nd shift so i am always on here late as i am bored when i get out of work and i am totally tired of the bar scene. that gets old especially when i don't drink and i am always everyone's chauffeur.

deb- i was out of work for 5 weeks this summer also with a bad back. it really does stink. the doc said lose weight and start an exercise program, so i started WW and was going to therapy till this week. they said i had to start exercising on my own.

i guess i've rambled enough for now. i look forward to getting to know everyone!

have a great weekend!
kathy:D

hefty1 09-06-2003 09:33 AM

welcome cathy. i am off to the scales today hopefully i'll do the :dance: ttfn
glen

Young Grasshopper 09-06-2003 11:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

Welcome Cathy! Well, found a dress for my brother's wedding today...was dreading that! Can't tell you how much I hate shopping for clothes. Why is it that most plus sized clothing is crappy? Seriously. I can't believe what they charge sometimes and the fabric they use is so cheap. Anyway, that's my grip of the day.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Deb

hefty1 09-07-2003 07:43 AM

:DANCE: i lost 4.6 finaly ttfn glen

jenjen 09-07-2003 11:43 AM

Hey gang! Hope you are having a great weekend.

Cathy, welcome to our group. We're happy to have you!

Glen, Congrats on the loss. That's awesome!

Deb, I know what you mean about clothes. And, there's not that much more fabric that they need to double the price either! Can really get to me at times.

I've had a busy weekend. Had to work yesterday, so today I am taking it easy. The bosses won't be there tomorrow so it should be a good day.

LA, Libby, how are y'all doing?

I'll check with y'all later.

MomtoMaya 09-07-2003 03:27 PM

Hello all,

JenJen and LA- I found ya. Glad to see this board up and running again.

Hi to all the newbies. I used to be part of this board until we all went quiet for awhile.

I am 28 years old, h.s. teacher, divorced, one child.

I have always been at about 160 lbs at 5'5" then last year I ballooned to 220 due to my gramma passing away, a stressful crappy school year., and my ex husband getting married and dumping our daughter.

THis schoo
l year (cuz that's how we teachers think of time) I am so much better. I have dropped 15 lbs so far in 5 weeks, I work out 4-5X a week and I am following sugar busters. I act like I am a diabetic and I stay away from refined sugars and white flour pasta, breads, etc. I love it. I can still eat carbs, but I eat rye for white and whole wheat pasta.

I feel a lot better than I have in over a year.

I am glad to see so many here. I know we are all on the ame journey and that is cool. We can do it. I know I just HATE being this big. I am one who likes to wear jeans and tees and being 205 now, it is getting a little easier.

My goal is to be 198 by Spt. 27. Wish me luck.

Talk to you all soon.

Becky

Jillzeebean 09-07-2003 04:01 PM

HI!

I am single and eat to medicate against loneliness and every bad feeling that comes along. The happier I am , the less I eat.

I would love the support of other single people. I have 3 cats which give me unconditional love. Unlike most humans!!

I have to break this horrid binge cycle that has packed on a good 50 pounds in only a year. Yikes! These new bigger clothes are getting expensive. I can't gain anymore without terribly risking my financial and physical health.

I am here to get and give support! Yea!

tryinghard2lose 09-07-2003 07:10 PM

HI Everyone!!!!

Welcome back Becky and a big hello and welcome to Jillzeebean and corningcat (or was it Kat--I can't scroll up and see) . It's so much fun to come in and see all the new posts makes my little heart skip a beat. :)
I have 2 cats as well, Jillzeebean so I know how you feel. They're my babies :D

Well ladies (and gentlemen....by the way Glen, congrats on your loss) I didn't do too well this weekend. I ate way too much. I expect a gain. But I realized I have to get with it. Just have to, I have no other choice. WW is not a hard diet to follow, I enjoy counting the points and I feel great when I lose.

Becky, I am so proud of your loss. I'm glad you're back. I was kinda worried because you were the sweetest one among us. Jillzeebean, I am glad you want to break the binging cycle. We all eat for different reasons, boredom, stress, lonliness...sometimes all at once. Good for you for making this first step. We promise to cheer you on Well, I guess I'll go for now. Happy Monday :(

LA