Old 02-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #31  

Good morning to you all. Going to be a nice day today around 70 I think. We have been having rain on and off, but I think maybe it has moved out now.

Jack has an appointment to get the oil changed first thing in the morning but I don't think I will be going. I told him to get the Mariner washed on the way home if the dealership doesn't do it as it is filthy. We don't use it for anything but him going back and forth to work so I haven't been in the thing in probably a year. It probably stinks like the plant too.

I am coming along on the hat. I hope my hands hold up to finish it today as I would like to get out to Joanns tomorrow and get the buttons, get them sewed on the and hat shipped.

I ordered these shoes from HSN and they will be delivered today. They are casual slip ons that looked like they might be very comfortable. They have a padded heel and instep and the whole shoe is washable and then air dry. I don't know how they will do with me being so flat footed, but I would like to have a pair to take on the cruise to wear in the car that are easy on and easy off in case I have to put on my compression socks. I wouldn't say they are the prettiest shoe, but if they are comfortable that's all I care about.
I also have a Bob Mackie top coming today. I don't know how his clothing fits so it may be going right back to QVC. I just thought it was pretty. I am still waiting for my Clinique order that was supposed to be delivered the 10th. UPS dropped the ball back at the beginning and the package has sat in NV since the 10th. I complained to Clinique about it as I have already complained to UPS three times about where it is. It is now scheduled for delivery on Monday, but won't be delivered Monday either because it is a federal holiday.

Jean: Just remember to wear shoes that are easy to get on and off just in case going through the darn airport. You never know when they are going to make you take your shoes off. I hope you have a wonderful time and have wonderful weather. Oh and btw, the video of your grandson in the shower was just hilarious. I don't know if you know this or not, but that song was actually written about smoking marijuana. It is certainly something Beth and Will will want to keep forever. Tell your hubby happy belated birthday too. I didn't realize his bday is valentine's day! Hope you get everything packed and then go on vacation stress free! I am jealous. I still have 7 months to go!

Everyone have a good weekend!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #32  

Good Evening! We are in Florida and have met up with our friends. I will NEVER buy cheap airline tickets again! I knew we couldn't choose our seats until 24 hours before the flight. I called the airline to see if I could upgrade for a charge. Nope! In the boarding pass fine print it says seats will be assigned 10-45 minutes before boarding. That's not 24 hours in my mind. When we did finally get to the gate, the seat assignments were already printed. We did sit together from Omaha to Minneapolis, but one behind the other from Mpls. to Florida. I was in the last row, #37, window seat. Then I missed the "tea party" because I fell asleep. Anyhow, flights arrived a half hour early at each location and that was nice.

"Gma," We got to walk through security without taking our shoes off. The guy ahead of me got pulled to swab his hands. That happened to me once and Jason said they were looking for explosives. This guy was dressed in a suit, tie, etc., with a briefcase. I hope the shoes and top fit. Kolby doesn't like singing in chorus which surprises me. Beth says he'll sing around the house if he thinks no one is listening. Be sure to share a picture of the hat. Sounds cute!

The airport and traffic were crazy. We were lucky and didn't have to wait for the hotel shuttle. We board the ship at noon tomorrow. Bob Voyage!

Last edited by Jean; 02-17-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:44 AM   #33  

this thread is closed. Please go to #3
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote