Old 09-30-2016, 10:23 PM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Better Days Ahead for the Worldly Chicks - October 2016

Seeing how it's the last day of the month, might as well set up the new thread for October. This past month has been one of far too many illnesses and sorrows for all of us. I'm officially declaring an end to that. May our October be as bright as the autumn leaves on the trees.

Let's go do some housekeeping and then I'll finish my post.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:48 PM   #2  
Choose your hard

Ok, that's done.

I think I overdid it a bit yesterday - on my feet too much. I was going to take an afternoon nap after lunch but that's when the construction crew decided to replace the fiberglass door with the new steel one. So no rest for the wicked! As for the new door - the inside color was supposed to match the oak cabinets - it's darker than the sample swatch we picked from. Worse than that there are nails sticking out from all the trim - could get a nasty scratch from that. It all comes down to poor workmanship. On a $7,000 door yet! What do the $3,000 doors look like? They delivered the next load of siding - we will see next week if that holds up better than the first lot. We are soooooooooo ready to be done with this already.

Also I was feeling fairly decent and got out of sync with my pain pills, like I forgot to take them all day and all evening. And with bingo I had a long day from 7am to 9:30 pm which was a bit too much. I had a very uncomfortable night which stretched into today also. I spent a good part of today sitting in the chair and dozing. I hope that won't mess up my sleep for tonight.

A friend stopped by today and dropped off a wonderful goody bag. She grows a big garden and does alot of canning and cooking. She gave me a jar of the most wonderful salsa - I didn't eat anything today so my supper was 2/3 of the jar of salsa and some thin chips. I do have to remember to eat protein for healing but my appetite is pretty low. She also made a loaf of zuchinni blueberry bread which sounds funky but it was really tasty. She included a jar of homemade pasta sauce made with fresh garden tomatoes and included a bunch of fresh tomatoes - small sweet cherry tomatoes, some pretty heirlooms and a few standard red tomatoes. She also included a copy of the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" it was such a thoughtful and delicious gift. I really appreciated it and enjoyed it. The only problem was that our visit was cut short as she had to get out of the driveway after 10 minutes because they had come to deliver the new load of siding.

I hope I feel better tomorrow. I would love to take a car ride with DH and go check out some of the trees - they say we are at 50% color but I don't think it's quite that much right yet. It is going to be a gorgeous weekend - today was pretty nice too. I spent some time on the deck getting in some sunshine while waiting for my friend to arrive. This weekend is also Cranberry Festival in a nearby town. No way could I manage to walk that but it's nice that they are having great weather for a change. Usually it's rainy and 2 years ago they had to shovel snow from the lot before they could put up the Humane Society booth. Next weekend is the big apple festival up north. I have never been to that one - the tiny town gets innundated with crowds. The best thing to do is get a reservation (2 years in advance) at one of the local hotels or BnB's and stay there so you can walk the area. There are many apple and berry orchards up that way - we usually go the week before or the week after and hit up our favorite orchards for apples and baked goods. And then after that, we all hunker down and get ready for the approaching winter.

DH is doing quite well. He has been basically doing construction work for the last 2 months and has lost 30 pounds. He is looking good. Went down 2 pant sizes. I can't and neither can he remember when he last fit into a size 38 pants. I told him not to toss out his 40's - don't think he will maintain this loss over the winter when things slow down but he said he's going to work to lose even more. Even his dentist noticed he lost weight. I have lost all that I picked up after surgery with the fluids but have pretty much been holding steady even though I am hardly eating anything. I have to force myself to eat something to ward off the tummy ache from the medication. And that complicates things too because many things have made my stomach over sensitive. I have been chomping on the Tums antacid tablets. At least I am getting in my calcium!

I am hoping the pain in my leg will calm down by tomorrow. I would like to venture into the basement and start working a bit on the bicycle. The physical therapist said I will feel better when I start doing the bike. I don't know how but I will believe him. I am sort of bummed out that I will miss 2 of the cooking classes I signed up for. They started out on Tuesday but they switched it to Thursday in the fall and I can't go any time in October because I will be covering bingo. I have 2 drawing classes this month - should be fun. I am not in a hurry to resume my work at the Thrift shop - mostly because I can't drive yet and DH is busy and I don't want to keep taking him away from his work - especially as I already have therapy twice a week. I am however "in charge" this month as D will be away on vacation. I figured I will stop in twice a week and there is a new board member who is working there now who will pick up the slack if something needs doing so we have that covered.

And that's it for me.

Annie - come back - we miss you. I imagine you can't get to a computer and I know it's hard to post from a phone. But know we are thinking of you and Sassy.

Laura - I can relate to your dilemma on the vacation planning. Sometimes I get all enthused at the initial idea and then I loose steam when it comes to some of the details. Hopefully you all can put your heads together and get an itinerary that is satisfying to all parties. Have the maples starting turning out your way yet?

Hellos to Shad, Susie, Dee, Ceejay, Michelle.

Here's to a better month for all of us, ok?
Old 09-30-2016, 11:38 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Happy for setting up the new thread for October and I agree, let's leave September's challenges behind us.

Happy, you are doing very well with your physical therapy. Did you make it to the basement to find the bike?

I also want to wish you and Mr Happy a belated Happy Anniversary. I think it was 27 years?

Shad: hugs to you lady. Yoj have been through it for sure. It sounds like you have a good doctor who is on this and I believe you are going to be just fine. I am a praying person and I will be adding you to my prayer list.

How is the garden coming along? I suspect that with the health issues going on right now you wont be accepting any contractor asssignments? I think I remember you were talking to someone about one?

Laura: i thought you had a hair appointment too because last month we had it on the same day and I go tomorrow. I usually go every 4 weeks but there have been times I have gone 5.

Hopefully the cruise descisons and plans can get made quickly and pur in place so you can start thinking about the fun you will have instead of dealing with making plans.

Ceejay: i saw the Facebood post about your lawn and how long it took you to mow it. That is a good workout! I bet that burger tasted good after all that hard work.

Anne,Dee, Michelle, Girls I miss you! Post when you can.

As I mentioned I have a hair appointment in the morning. So I wont get my house cleaned tomorrow as we also have a wedding to attend late tomorrow afternoon in Cincinnati so the day will be full with that.

I do want to share that I had a 6 lb loss at TOPS last night!! That gave me a 10 lb loss in the last 6 weeks.

Also received my shoe order today, I had two pairs that feel a tad tighter than I want so I will go up half a size and reorder them. The rest of the shoes fit just fine.

I will go back and close the September thread when I get back on my computer verus the phone.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #4  
Choose your hard

hullo, hullo

Looks like it's going to be a gorgeous weekend. We have some errands to run and DH wants to get an early start because he has to mow the lawn and power wash the boat and get it ready for storage.

I am feeling a bit better today just had issues at 4am when the pain got intense but I slapped on a couple of ice packs and went and sat on the recliner and slept till 8:30. I will add a bit more activity today but take it slower.

My sister texted me yesterday that she was in the emergency room with my Mom. Mom's blood pressure skyrocketed. I guess this is part of the afib. I think it's time we had that unpleasant conversation about Mom not being able to hold out by herself at home any more. This will not be easy as my mom is super stubborn even if she herself admits we are right. Not looking forward to this as it is also unneeded added stress on my sister who will be taking her in.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes Susie. Actually it was 44 years that DH and I met - an anniversary of sorts he never recognizes. To him it's Valentines Day, our wedding anniversary and our birthdays - everything else is fluff I said it's a girl thing as we like to track stuff. No, I did not get on the bike - was feeling too badly yesterday. Maybe tomorrow. Not rushing it. Hope you get a nice hair style and have fun at the wedding tonight. Do you guys dance?

Hello to the rest of the chicks. Have a good weekend everyone, I will check in later.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi y'all
Busy day today in the garden and getting stuff up to scratch there and also in the 3rd bedroom in the house. The kids have taken most of their stuff up to the lock up on their land. So there isn't much to report for the day. I did spend an hour on Skype with a friend in Arizona - haven't seen her for years so we had a bit to catch up on.

Next door neighbour must be having a get together today. Her stereo is thumping away. I can only hear the beat. That is bad enough. Mind you she doesn't do this often so I really can't complain too much.

Weather has been lovely although a bit on the warm side for Spring. 84F is almost summer temps.

Happy - I hope your mum is okay. It's almost the hardest thing in the world to tell the parent that they can't live alone any longer. They seem to think they are doing just fine thank you. I had to do that for my mum. She threw herself on the floor and had a tantrum.
Nice goody bag you got there. What a nice person.

Susie - I had the new contract when I got the news from my doctor. So I had to ring them back and tell them I had some health issues and it was no longer possible for me to go away at this time. They were very understanding fortunately. But I think that once this is behind me, it will be time to think seriously about retirement and sorting myself out rather than sorting other people.
What a wonderful loss this week for you. Well done and congratulations. No doubt it was a struggle but you did so well. I have been taking up the challenge that Annie issues earlier and have so far lost 2kg since I got back from Sydney. That's about 4.5 pounds.

Hope Annie and Dee are okay. Haven't seen them for a while.

Time to move along. Can't think of anything else for the moment. I'll be around tomorrow I guess. The kids and the dog come back tomorrow. The cats will not be pleased. They have been enjoying not having the menace around.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just lost a long post. Still unpacking, sorting through and putting things up. Will come back later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:00 PM   #7  

Morning all. Happy Monday. I guess...

Happy – Thanks for starting our new thread for us. And a good title too. I hope your mom is okay. I don’t envy you and your sis having to convince (tell?) her it’s time to give up her own place. But it’s for the best. I just hope you don’t have a big battle over it, and certainly not the response Shad’s mom had! == Sounds like you’re coming along in your recovery. Just watch yourself with all those activities you’re involved in and don’t overdo it. Good to hear that the board member can add her assistance at the thrift shop. Bummer you have to miss the cooking classes and the fests! I would be disappointed. Nice goody bag! === Still not seeing a ton of fall color in my area. This weekend was rainy and dreary so I can’t say I was really out looking for it.

Shad – Congrats on the weight loss. All that home and garden activity since you’ve been home, and also making and eating your own food have to be large factors in that. I’m glad you’re considering retirement – your jobs always include all that travel, and that’s just got to be hard and stressful no matter how accustomed to it you are and how good you are at making all those arrangements.

Susie – Congrats on the loss!! Keep up the good work sister. How was the wedding?

Ceejay – Bummer about the lost post.

Hellos to Dee and Annie. Miss you! Stop in soon.

--
Nothing much to report. Our cruise planning dinner on Friday was better than the last, quieter restaurant and more accomplished. We booked a couple pieces of the lodging, but one part didn’t get confirmed. Unfortunately that was one that bf booked and now he’s following up. What’s annoying is that the “sister couple” of our group is pestering for updates. When I think about it, they don’t seem to be happy unless they have a trip on the schedule and are anxious to get everything set early on. Yes, I know places fill up fast and we need to do these things sooner rather than later, but CHILL OUT for Pete’s sake!

Aside from that, I had a crabby weekend. I’m still not 100% re recovery from the “throat crud” that both bf and I have, and it makes the asthma symptoms worse. I also pulled a muscle in my right side rib cage area and it was hurting me to cough yesterday. And it was dreary, overcast, and rainy all weekend which didn’t help my mood any. Oh woe is me, LOL. I have to lose that self-pity.

This week is looking up only because two department members will be out of the office Wed-Fri and the boss will likely be out on Monday as well.

That’s it for me, so I’ll get this posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #8  

After some heavy rain yesterday and last night, we have sunshine again today. Still a bit damp to get out and weed the garden. However it will dry off nicely shortly I guess and the process of the weeds will begin again.

The kids and dog came home from their weekend away yesterday - one tired and dirty smelly dog - into the shower with him. He now smells just nice but that will only last until he goes outside and rolls in something that I missed picking up over the weekend. There is food all over the place. It's in the outside fridge which I don't think should be used for food anymore. The freezer works okay but I don't know that the fridge is good. So I will have to get that sorted before too long today. Can't they work out an adequate supply of food for three days? It's not rocket science kids. When we went on the houseboat last year, the remaining food was a bit of cheese and some bread at the end of it, and maybe a bit of fruit if I remember right.

Ceejay - hate lost posts. Seems to happen fairly regularly on this site. I've done it myself on many an occasion.

Laura - Always a shame if you get a wet weekend when the rest of the week has been beautiful. Yeah on the office been quiet for the week. Nice going. Hope you get rid of the crud and stuff very soon. Hate having colds.

Time to get stuck into the housework. We've done an hour in the garden and I still have the shopping and dog walk coming up. Dog is being very patient. But he will probably go ape when the lead comes out and we get ready for that. Always something with that dog.

Okay gotta go.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #9  
Choose your hard

Good morning to y'all

Yesterday I had an appointment with my regular family physician. I like how she sits and talks with you instead of the rush rush 3 minutes you get from some doctors. She checked my leg, said it looked great. Offered me some advice for dealing with the night pains. We talked a bit about the weight management doctor I saw last month. I am not impressed with him and he didn't shed any light on anything I don't already know. I think he wants to put me on some medication and I am just against that. All these diet things have been known to create problems later on. I said I didn't think I was fat enough or desperate enough to need that. She agreed. I have lost 7 pounds since my last visit and my BMI went down 3 points. She said to keep up the good work. I got my flu shot and B12 shot so I am good to go. Later that afternoon I went to physical therapy. I breezed through the recumbent stepper and while I had a slow start on the bike I was able to do longer and at a faster RPM than I originally complained about. I laid on the gurney there and he had me put my legs up on the wall bent as if I was sitting in a chair against the wall. He then had me slide my leg down the wall towards my butt. The last few inches he gently pushed my leg until it did just that. He was rather startled but I didn't hear it because in my head I was hollering! Seriously I know he needs to push things and he is very gentle. He said I got to 120 degree bend which is sometimes enough for discharge. At 3 and a half weeks post surgery - that is amazing. I can also completely straighten my leg out which is also good as you need to do that in order to walk properly. He wrote up a nice progress report for me to give to my surgeon when I see him tomorrow. We had BLTs for supper and I watched some TV and went to bed at 10 after moving the cat who had totally snuggled into the turned down covers right next to my pillow. I turned the electric blanket on low and she was super happy with that. Lays all stretched out at the foot of my bed sucking up as much heat as possible. She's my little girl - as cold as me! I woke up about 1:30 in alot of pain. The night following therapy is always especially bad because he is pulling and straining that knee and associated leg muscles. The warm blanket did not help and I kept thinking I should get up and get an ice pack on but I never woke up fully enough to go do it. Just kept waking up every half hour. Kind of like when you wake up because you are cold and keep dreaming you are cold but you won't get out of bed to get an extra blanket Finally at 5am I shut off the blanket, pushed it to the side and went and got 2 ice packs and a regular blanket (don't want to risk wet ice packs on an electric blanket for a shocking surprise Just as I was falling asleep Nina came to the top of the bed and parked herself on my pillow. I slid my head off the pillow and the darn cat (purposely) snuggled her backside right up to my nose. She does this all the time to both of us. I pushed her away and fell asleep until 9am. My leg is really sore this morning. I said I was glad I didn't have a job I had to go to. The therapist said no way I'd be back at work this soon anyway. I'm going to do some laundry and a bit of cooking today but nothing too strenuous. Mostly I will massage the leg and probably ice it alot.

Shad - congratulations on the weight loss so far. That has to be a challenge when you are travelling as you do. I smiled at your comment about the food in the house. They are probably like me - go to the store, a whole bunch of things sound good (in the store) and no real plan for meals. So you over buy and then when you get home whatever magic in the store disappeared and you either get busy or worse - those things don't sound good and you waste alot of food. After I had surgery the next garbage day DH went into the basement refrigerator and tossed out 2 bags of all of the produce I had down there - and I had already pared down what was in there. I was a bit miffed but then just said to myself, I will just send him to the store every time I need something. Which really didn't come to pass because for the first 2 weeks I wasn't making anything any way. I'm sure you are more regimented with your lifestyle of travelling and living out of a suitcase. That is the better way to be. How nice that you were able to have a Skype chat with your friend. I do hope that you can work the finances such that retirement can be a reality for you. Even if you took an occasional contract job but it doesn't seem like the work lends itself to one or 2 three month contracts a year. Now that I am retired I can appreciate how the working life was a sort of death march of the dreary. Detrimental to the overall health and well being of one's soul. I fret a bit that we may have overspent on these house renovations but mostly it's making it comfortable for us and DH handles the finances and I trust his judgement as he is on the conservative side. I think one thing that does help us in retirement is that we are not big on travelling. That could really rack up the big bucks. The only people I know who can make that work are those who have friends and extended family all over the place where they can bunk down cheaply. It might be interesting to rent a large R/V and take a month's trip out west to visit some of the national parks. Not sure how you could do that without a car but I'm sure I could find things on the interest about people who have done just that. But... with the cats we are fairly tied down here and that's ok. I know DH would love the photo opportunities. Today he went to the mailbox and managed to see a Pileated Woodpeck in the trees. That's a big bird - about as long as fingertip to elbow. He had his iPhone with him and was able to snatch a blurry shot or two. The bird is famously camera shy. DH was happy and is now plotting to find something to entice the bird into the yard.

Laura - that "sister couple" sounds a lot like me and DH. I have been accused of "planning every minute of my life" but I'm truly not that way. It's just when I travel, especially to some place(s) where there are things I want to do, I am a bit anal about planning only because I don't want to miss out on something. Like when we went to San Francisco with friends. I wanted to do the Alcatraz boat tour and I let them talk me into waiting until we got there. Turns out it's a popular cruise and all the reservations were full up so we didn't get to do that I know it can be frustrating when you have people of opposite temperaments. Sometimes it's just better to do things with just the two of you. Sorry you are feeling crummy - hope the sun comes out and dries things up so you feel better. We are predicted to hit 33 degrees one night later this week. Ugh. I suppose the frost will kill some of the mold and stuff which is a good thing but still... sad to see the 70's and even 60 degree temps go bye bye. Nice that you will have a quiet day at the office the back end of the week. Good time to get those projects done.

Ceejay - although you have all the time in the world to unpack, probably best to get as much done as you can now because otherwise the stuff that sits will probably stay that way for a long time. Sounds like you are having a good time exploring your new town.

Susie - I find it frustrating to get shoes now a days. I always order from places that let you return them without a hassle. I use the reviews to judge sizes and fit but even then sometimes it's always a half size off. I have been trying not to look online at clothes. I always loved the fall clothes the best. How did your hair come out?

Hello Annie - can't wait till you get back on a computer again! Dee, Michelle

Guess I have babbled enough. I feel a bit lightheaded - should find something to eat. Have a good day all.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:53 PM   #10  

Morning all. Started off overcast today, but if I stand up and look towards the windows I can see that it’s cleared and the sun it now shining.

We got one more piece of the vacation booked for ourselves, but after that the evening turned crummy. Bf and I got into it about submitting the vet insurance claim (he thought it was done already), and then about the state of the office (his/hers/our messes). That was the last straw, so bf was told to leave, after which I closed and locked the door. I spent a little time tidying up and gathering all the claim papers. I have them with me today but I don’t know when I’ll get time to fax them.

My right side/ribcage was once again really sore by bedtime last night and no sleeping positions were comfortable. Coughing/asthma didn’t help matters any. (Annie – I’m sure it was nothing compared to what you experienced, but it sure was painful.) I ended up sitting upright on the sofa and feeling more comfortable there, and eventually I put the recliner footrest up, and after that reclined the sofa back, dozed a bit, and at some point felt good enough to go back to bed. I’m not sure how shorted on sleep I was, but I’ll be feeling it later, I’m sure.
--
Shad – The weeds never end – especially in your climate where it never really gets cold enough to kill them off. ==Hate when food piles up and it’s a chore to find fridge room. With us it’s usually because of an influx of carry-out boxes or after a holiday meal we’ve hosted. -- Hope the dog walk (and pre-walk) wasn’t too crazy. I look back fondly on that with Coal. He loved his walks.

Okay, hope everyone is having a good day so far.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:05 AM   #11  

Afternoon all,
Another hot day. If it is like this now, what is it going to be like over summer. This is supposed to be Spring and it is already at 30C. I had to go back to the dietician today. I have lost 2.9kg and 3.5cm around the waist. She thinks I am a model patient. Ha ha.

Took the dog for a walk this morning and he rolled in every piece of muck he could find and ended up rolling around in the creek. Brought him home and cleaned him up and he managed to find a bag of compost and ripped that open and rolled in it. Little menace.

Now the kids are having an argument and she has just dragged me into it. Excuse me, I can let loose as well and just did. What a wonderful life. Kids, can't live with them and can't live without them. I am about to stick my head in the pile of compost Ruger opened today and not get involved.

Happy - so pleased that you are coming along in leaps and bounds. It seems to take a while to see the improvements but when they come, they are great. Well done on the bending of the knee. I'm having a little difficulty in understanding the knee bend against the wall but I think I might have the gist. You'll be doing deep knee bends and squats next.

Laura - glad you are slowly getting your holiday together. Always causes a headache since there is always too much to see and too little time. Must be the week for couples whinging at each other. Ruger certainly loves his walks. Most dogs do and he enjoys the off lead time where he can sniff and scratch and follow scents - chase the local bush turkey around a bit. I don't think the turkey appreciates it much.

A clean Mt Clover in the laundry awaits me to fold and put away. If I don't do it, then who will. Life is such fun isn't it.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:03 AM   #12  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Busy day today. I see the orthopedic doctor this morning for my surgical follow up. Then a volunteer appreciation luncheon for the senior center volunteers. Then physical therapy. My leg has been especially sore since Monday. I am going to have a talk with the physical therapist and ask him to tone it down a bit. No need for me to make breakneck progress here if I am going to be so sore. Please do something to make me feel better instead of worse. It's getting to be a habit now that I go to sleep, wake up around 1:30, toss and turn until 3am when I get up, grab 2 ice packs and a blanket and spend the rest of the night on the recliner. At least I can sleep.

Rain and a cold front are moving in. Good bye to nice fall weather. Hello dreary. Yesterday I went through the garden to see what I could harvest before the frost hits later this week. I had neglected some carrots that I never even took out of their store containers. DH opened them and lo and behold, about 2 dozen baby carrots. They were sweet as sugar and far better than the ones I planted last year! I also got about 18 tomatoes - red and green. Many more were left on the ground with holes from either the squirrels or the birds. I picked some baby kale leaves too and 1 cucumber. Garden was a bust this year. Better luck next year.

Shad - foolish of the kids to involve you in an argument - I wouldn't! You will set them straight more than take sides. I am glad you are enjoying the pup - even if he does do puppy roll your eyes stuff. Typical dog - LOL. I CRINGE at the idea of doing squats and leg bends. NO! Nice work on the reshaping of the body there. You'll be in bikini shape in no time which will be fortunate considering the heat that seems to be coming your way.

Laura - sounds like the vacation stress is getting to both of you. I hope you were able to get a good night's sleep last night.

Hellos to the rest of the chicks. I'd better get in the shower if I am going to get out of the house on time. It's raining full on right now, guess I won't have to dry my hair.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning,
Bil texted me a few minutes ago and told me the people that will be doing repairs around the house will be here tomorrow around 9. I've got to get some things done today.
Ventured down a little further into Springfield yesterday to try and find a doctors office that the pharmacist at Walgreens told me about. What a beautiful area! I didn't go down far enough but will the next time I get out and about. Thank goodness for gps and satellite views. It looks like it would be easier to go down Kansas express but I'm not that adventurous yet. I got lost on that expressway once.
I've been in Missouri for a month now and haven't gotten home sick yet. Not to say that I won't.
We had heavy rain with lightening and thunder around midnight. I had just gone to bed.
I love being retired

-----
Happy
I'm glad that you are not letting your knee surgery get in the way of your lifestyle.

Shad
Wow, you are doing great.
Annie, Susie and Dee miss you.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:32 PM   #14  

Morning all.

I took the next train after my usual train last night and it was dusk by the time I got off the train. I have to be careful of that in the coming weeks because it’s not as safe to ride the bike at that time of day. I did however, find my reflective ankle band that had fallen off my pant leg the previous day, so that was lucky. I spotted it at the side of the street about a half block from the bike rack.

I didn’t do much last night. I tried to watch the VP debate, but they kept talking over each other and it drove me nuts so I shut it off. My cough and rib/side pain were there once again at bedtime. I took meds and I slept okay with a pillow on my one side. I didn’t get to bed early enough though.

Once again the rib/side pain isn’t here this morning. It develops as the day goes. Usually if I have muscle soreness, it’s there and lessens as time goes on, so I’m not sure if this is from coughing or what. BF is urging me to see the doctor, so I’ve made an appointment at a pharmacy clinic tomorrow morning a couple blocks from the office. I’m going to ask what they do to determine if I have pneumonia. I doubt I have it, but the rib/side pain is puzzling, though it’s not chest or lung pain, which is probably a good thing.

Enough rambling about that…

I finally got the vet insurance claim faxed.

The other night, bf bought a tablet that had been gifted to family friends, both of whom are computer illiterate and aren’t using it. Turns out it’s slow and the screen isn’t that great in terms of resolution, so bf’s going to give it back. I guess we’ll buy a better one. He sees us using this at home, but I think I want one for myself to take on the train with me. Maybe I’ll buy myself one during the holiday season.
==
Shad – That’s really HOT so early in the season!! Watch so you don’t melt. == Oh wow, what a little mischief maker you have on your hands. Why do dogs love everything that’s stinky??? I always watched Coal carefully once I learned how he looked just before he was about to take a dive into something nasty. LOL re ODDU chasing the turkeys. Coal would hunt squirrels and rabbits, but wouldn’t really go after birds or ducks. == I suppose you sometimes wish it was just you and your kitty in the house…

Happy – Busy day for you. Enjoy the luncheon. I’m glad you’ll ask the PT guy to tone it down today. I’m sure it’s not their purpose to work you so hard that you wake up in the night with pain. == We had several days of dreary rain, but now we’ll get a couple days of summer-like warmth. I’ll take it! == I would like to try some really good carrots. I think I’ll buy some from the farmers market. Too bad the garden was a bust this year, but at least you harvested something.

Annie – Back to work for you on the 10th? Or is Columbus Day a bank holiday for you?? How’s little Sassy doing?

Ceejay – Saw your fb post – already a month in your new digs?! My how time flies!

Hi Susie! Come up for air!

Dee – How’s the house shopping going?

==

Okay, time to get this posted. TTFN.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:41 PM   #15  

I should be out doing some housework or garden work, but it is getting warm again and I can't be bothered. My lovely neighbour and I are going out to a garden centre later this morning and then on to lunch. I am going to Loganholme mall after that to pick up my glasses (ODDU ate them and I took them down to see if they could be repaired and they were). Then I will need to get on with things as next week is going to be busy.

Monday I am off to see the surgeon who will perform the keyhole surgery. Tuesday is lunch with my niece. Wednesday I have to go back to the breastscreen place since they have found 'an area of concern' and that will take most of the day. I spoke to my doctor about it and he is 'okay, most of the time this is nothing, you may have moved during the processing'. I do know that the right breast sideways screen hurt like **** and I was in tears at the end of it, not helped by the lady doing the screening by asking if I was okay when I yelled SORE, HURTING, just get on with it and let me out.

The following Monday, I am off to have a chat with the colonoscopy man and my doctor suggested I might politely ask to have that put back because the following Monday after that I am up for the keyhole (laproscopy) surgery. I really need to get my house into order before then so it will be a busy weekend. Once all that is done and we sort out the answers good or bad and the prognosis, other types of housekeeping will have to come into play. I've been putting off updating my will for a long time. Enough of that. Que sera, sera.

Happy - sorry to hear that the garden was a bust. Seems like the carrots liked being in the container better than in the ground. We are eating tomatoes (very small cherry tomatoes), cos lettuce and Rossini lettuce (it's dark red), baby spinach and some silverbeet (chard). The potatoes are taking over that bed and the beans are beginning to flower. Corn is growing as are the peas but will be a while yet.
Glad to hear that the knee is coming along and you are getting the brain back. Less drugs more brain I guess. Glad to hear that DH is the carer of the year.

Ceejay - have you wrecked the house already? Hope the repairers arrived around the correct time and the repairs are done well.
So nice to hear how you are loving being retired. Guess I will be too once I have a prognosis and a direction to travel. At the moment everything is on hold - I can't wait to get my life back.

Laura - good on you for getting the vet insurance sorted. I don't think I would like cycling right on dusk either. Certainly not with some of the drivers we have round here. Our little street seems to have become a racetrack lately. I will be ringing the police and the council shortly to complain if it doesn't stop. I think I will become one of those old ladies who keep an eye on the street and stop the kids fun.

Where is Annie, Dee and Susie. Crikey, we had a lot of people here at one time, but they are drifting away.

Time to go do my think down in the bedroom, then shower and change for going out. Oh and I have a cup of tea stewing on the kitchen bench as well.