Old 05-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 167/155/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeriao View Post
Hi, I have been doing the 16-8 for 14 days with no weight loss. The 16-8 is good for maintenance and my normal routine. However, I will be adding the 5:2 plan to see if I can break my weight loss stall.
With IF, I think you still need to look at your calories within the eating window. How many calories do you think you're eating per day?
Slimmer me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 12:36 PM   #17  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

valeriao Just to echo what slimmer-me is saying, look at your calories first. I find that if I go to a tighter window I actually eat more. Finding the window where you can comfortably hold your calorie level without triggering binging is often trial/error.

slimmer_me I tried that for awhile. My digestion does not work well that way! Even within my normal roughly 8-10 hour window I do 3 meals, a medium size breakfast, a small lunch, a medium-large dinner and occasionally a small post dinner snack.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:03 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you for your concern. I have been at the same weight for 3 months. I record everything I eat. The Atkins plan calories for women are 1500 to 1800 per day. I consume about 1400 calories. I know that I have a slow metabolism because of yo yo dieting in the past. I have done intermittent fasting in the past and been consistent with Atkins plan for 8 months. I am trying to find an IF plan that works for me.
Valeriao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:07 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimmer me View Post
I am doing IF with just one meal a day at dinner. I do not find it difficult to fast until 7 pm for dinner, and then can have a real dinner, not a "diet dinner". I also try to stay low on carbs, especially grains. I am a big fan of Jason Fung; I think he has the real science of metabolism behind his plans.
Hi everyone!

Slimmer me, I started this on May 10, and although I haven't weighed myself, I know I've lost 4 or 5 lbs.

I found this thread doing a search on Jason Fung. I just learned about him a day or two ago.

I posted in the Intermittent Fasting Support Thread (under General Diet Plans and Questions) but so far no one has responded. It seems to have been pretty inactive lately.

It was a long post and I won't repeat it here - here's a link to it should anyone wish to read it:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/5259984-post475.html

I think OMAD is probably going to work for me better than any of the other methods. Glad to find someone else who is doing this as well.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

I have experimented with different IF models. I am doing the 18:6. I found Dr. Jason Fung’s Blog and put him on my favorite list. He gives a simply explanation on how insulin plays a part in calories. The Refrigerator and Basement Freezer illustration about calories was creative.
Valeriao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #21  

Pretty quiet here....hope everyone is doing well.

I am settling in well to the one meal a day routine. I had one night (last Sunday, I believe) where I went somewhat overboard, but other than that I am pleased with my progress.

Again, I will not weigh myself, but I know I've lost some weight. Slow and steady is fine, and I know these 23-hour fasts are beneficial. I am also quite surprised at how much energy I have, something that has been in short supply in the past.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 167/155/125

Height: 5'4"

I continue to like the one meal a day. I really don't feel hungry, and my energy level is fine.
Slimmer me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #23  

Slimmer me, since this thread is really more for the 16:8 IF'ers, and it's pretty inactive, I decided to start a one meal a day support thread under General Diet Plans and Questions.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...rt-thread.html

You are welcome to join me there. I hope we can get others who are interested in the OMAD way of eating to chime in.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:42 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 310/218/195

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Default I Hope Itís Ok To Bump This

I did IF for a few days and I believe I gained instead of losing... however the first time I did it I lost weight easily. Iím going to try it again and eat healthier and stick with it and see what happens.

This is the thread that brought me to this site lol
MsNewBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:31 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

Ms. Newbody, IF kicked months of gym going into much quicker progress for me. I am a calorie counter that ate any time. But structuring my consumption and gym time has allowed me to see results in a shorter time frame. From 206 to 192 over all of 2017. Twelve pounds more since I started IF on New Year's 2018 and it is the only thing I've done differently.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Is there anybody doing keto/IF who would like to be my weight loss buddy? I need someone to share the struggles and joy with. I have just re-introduced keto and I want to end up doing IF twice a day for 23 hours as per Obesity Code, but having anyone who follows at least somewhat similar diet would be amazing.
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:17 AM   #27  
Semper Paratus

S/C/G: 181/~ticker~/130

Height: 65.5''

So I haven't really read up on it, but I understand what it entails. I guess I just have such a different sleep and work schedule than most. I normally work at 3am to 8am and then it varies at my other job as to what time I start and end work (retail). So sometimes it's hard when I don't get lunch until 5 or 6. I have to really modify it. I tend to go to the gym before job 1, so early early in the morning, to get it out of the way. And I usually set my eating to like 12:12, so that I can at least get one good meal in before I'm done for the night. I think my body would rebel if I did true 16:8, but I'm trying to work up to it. I just need an accountabilibuddy. Haha making up my own words. Hopefully this works for me along with diet.
lilmonstervictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/199.4/145

Height: 65

Newbie here. Started yesterday on 16/8 but am using today since it's a new month.
eAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:51 AM   #29  
GoGetter :)

S/C/G: 243/229/215

Hi all! . This was a great week, I was able to stay on track and not binge! I found a way to suppress my appetite through the fasting and remained under my maintenance calories. Im so grateful for this thread!
MarlieMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:06 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 214/199.4/145

Height: 65

6.5 pounds down in 9 days! Got motivated to go back to 16/8 and decided to cut simple carbs using the original Sugar Busters guidelines. Have never lost this much in that time-frame and have felt good doing it! Felt really hungry starting at 9 AM a few days, but riding out two hours hungry isn't that big of a deal. Love seeing that clock hit 11 AM on those days!
eAnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
16:8, fung, intermittent fasting, obesity