3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldies Jumpstart Old Goals in New Year (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/307581-worldies-jumpstart-old-goals-new-year.html)

happy2bme 01-28-2016 10:41 AM

Hi ladies,

No real time to post this morning. We have to stop and drop off some bins at the lady's house who is donating to us. We will probably stop and pick up a meatball sandwich for lunch. Then I have to get busy and clear out as much as possible in the main area for them to work on the door tomorrow. They told DH they should be here at 8 and finished by 11. Would be nice. We are also not getting the snow they predicted - but the weather report is so far off base lately you just stick your head out the door before you leave and that's the weather for the moment. Talk about paid to be wrong :yes:

Annie - look up Grandma's Kiwi Kitchen on FB and check out the menu. Some things look mighty good, some I am wondering what is that???? :chin: :lol: I would be lost without a translator...

Susie - that is so nice of you to support your coworker at the funeral services. I'm sure it means alot to them. I love all the fun things you do at the office for team building. Work hard, play hard - it's a lost art!

Ceejay - if you are downsizing for your move I would ask you to consider donating it to thrift shops. There are many that support some wonderful causes and it keeps things out of landfills. :D

Shad - thank you for the post on the container - I didn't realize it had a tray in it. Shallow but that might work. And I can get that stuff on Amazon.

Hello to the rest. I have to get dressed before DH sounds the "man alarm" - you ready YET??????? :lol: No. :rofl:

diyana 01-28-2016 11:51 AM

Energy is a bit better today. I'm trying to pinpoint what's going on. I'm taking all my vitamins, I'm back on caffeine and eating enough. The Kickstart super high protein super low carb was causing low blood sugar episodes....so I've added some more carbs.

I'll post more later....crazy busy today. Thanks, ladies, for your concern, support and suggestions!

Love to all,

diyana 01-28-2016 12:07 PM

I wanted to share this link....it's for a documentary called "All of Me" and it's about the psychological, emotional and physical challenges with being morbidly obese and considering weight loss surgery. You can watch it online for free through tomorrow (Friday, 1/29).

http://www.bariatricpal.com/page/all_of_me_2.html

Laura705 01-28-2016 12:54 PM

Morning all.

Happy – Gosh, a March 1 deadline is coming fast for someone who is supposed to be moving to a new place! Good luck to that woman (couple?). I get being overwhelmed – my mom (and my sister and I) are finding her downsizing process to be overwhelming. ---LOL re the plastic bag protecting your hairdo. :lol: But it did the job! ---I’ve been thinking about switching to a protein-based breakfast for a while, or at least a protein snack mid-morning. Just a bowl of cereal doesn’t carry me to lunch. ---Re the fellow Pilates class student – I learned that she’d signed up for the Beginner Pilates class, but was one of the only ones who registered for the session, so she had to take this class if she wanted Pilates. This instructor suggests many modifications, so a beginner could do alright, as long as they aren’t hung up on keeping up with the instructor.---Re the stiff neck – I did some checking, and apparently with the neck, it isn’t the best thing to ice it (I was pleased about that), but neither was using dry heat. So standing under a hot shower, or using a towel dampened with hot water were the recommendations. Thanks for the feedback on the pillow. It’s so hit and miss with them… but it's worth a try. ---Glad to hear there’s no snow being forecast for tomorrow. Hope it’s accurate (for a change). Good luck with the installation tomorrow!!

Shad – Yay for the rain, but sometimes it really does make it feel even more hot and humid! Looking forward to garden photos – nice to see some green this time of year!--- Hope you and your neighbor enjoy your lunch and the wild weather that’s forecast won’t interfere with that outing. --- Yeh, the neck is taking its time getting rid of the soreness, but at least I’m not waking up with more soreness.

Ceejay – I understand the winter blues – we’ve had some gloomy days and it just gets so demoralizing. I so enjoy the sunny days. Unfortunately some of our sunniest days in winter are the most frigid, but for now we’ve got milder/seasonal temps and I’m going to enjoy it. And yes, another yay and woohoo for the longer days!! :yay: :woohoo: :cp: :jig:

Susie – Nice you’ll be able to go to the co-worker’s son’s wake and funeral. I’m sure it’ll be a comfort to her that you’re there. ---Yeh, the salon shampoo sinks are not at all comfortable. When they adjust the seatback, they ask if it’s okay and usually I just say “it’s as good as it’s gonna get”. :shrug: Thank goodness the time spent in them is not long enough for me to get a stiff neck from that. –Those community activities sound like fun. We do some similar things like happy hours for March Madness, crosstown baseball games (Cubs vs. White Sox), etc. in our atrium (eating) area with the big screen TV’s on. We also do a lot of fun activities during our fall fundraising period, but no canoeing! That sounds like a lot of fun! --- Did you watch The Biggest Loser last night? How do you like it with the one trainer now being the host?

Annie – Have fun with the babysitting tonight. LOL re smuggling in the competition’s treats… Poor C with the leftovers – or does he not mind them?? Oh, boy, plenty going on with your son’s heart. I’m glad he’s getting medical attention!! ---Re the braces - not one to kiss and tell, lol. ;) ---Interesting info re the biotin. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle – Glad the energy level’s a bit higher today. :)

Hello to Terra & Dee. Miss you!

==

Nothing much to report. Bf went to see “The Revenant” with friends last night. I was gonna do a work out, but then I saw that bf didn’t return a dvd to the library that was due that night, so I thought I’d watch it and get it back to the library before their 10 pm closing time. But then I decided to give my mom a call, and by the time our call was done, it was a bit too late for me to fix something for dinner and watch the movie and get it back to the library on time. So I just returned the movie, and then ate and watched another couple episodes of Outlander.

I ordered a new cell phone cover yesterday, and now I’ll also order a new Ghost Armour film to protect the glass. I sure wish they still had the kiosk at the mall – they used to take care of everything for you, but now you order it online and have to put it on the phone yourself. Bleh. If it didn’t work, I wouldn’t bother, but it does, so I will. Or let’s say bf will, hehehe.

Tonight bf has a class, so I’ll do a workout tonight. Dinner will be leftovers.

Okay, signing off now. TTFN.

ceejay52 01-28-2016 02:03 PM

Lost my post for the third time. I'm now irritated. Be back later.

annie175 01-29-2016 07:50 AM

Happy Friday! TGIF fo sho!! and Good Friday! Yeah...money in, money out. Two mortgage pay Friday! Thank God for free on-line banking. :)

So let me tell you about God's sense of humor this morning....you know how traffic just annoys the heck out of me...well, I stopped and got two coffees, one for me one for the life saving boss, lol. In a cardboard cup holder they were. As I keep two car lengths between me and the car in front as the I65 this morning, (have to go this way to get coffee) was bumper to bumper. Not one but two cars jump in front of me, I had to slam on brakes, and the coffee for boss flies out of the cardboard cup holder, lid first, and directly into my car cup holder. By the time I could grab and try to save some of the coffee, half the cup had poured into my car cup holder. Yes a tragic event on the highway, BUT all the spill went into the car cup holder...so I just stuffed napkins in the slot. All good and absorbed into the napkin. Now isn't God just funny like that?

Posting, boss on way. Will come back.

annie175 01-29-2016 08:07 AM

Ok, false alarm, not my boss.....cause I wanted to tell him my funny God story.

C and I babysat last night for a couple of hours. I might as well not been there. The only time I was useful was when Royce would get hurt or cry cause he didn't get his way and he would come crying to me. lol. The boys and C play race cars while watching the movie Cars with Lightening McQueen etc. Then they built this race track with hot wheels track down the hallway into the living room curved around into the dining room and kitchen. That was the majority of the evening. When Sam came home, Jacob looked at her and said No, don't be home, I want to still play with Papaw. Sam and I looked at each other and laughed. He loves his Papaw. Once we left there it was time to go to bed when we got home at 8:30. Papaw said he had to wind down from the boys to go to sleep. Heck, Papaw is the instigator in the first place.

CEEG...oh the frustrations of the internet and posting. Hugs

LAURA...unfortunately internet ordering is putting some stores out of business, but I love it and continue to do it. Don't think I want to see the Reverent movie. Not into gross gorey stuff like that. YUK. Did you get your work out in or did you just enjoy the evening to yourself?

CHELLE...I am going to try to listen to the post today with my headset, no one will know the difference. haha. Take extra B12, it won't hurt you and may even help!!

HAPPY...I looked up the Kiwi Kitchen here at work, but unfortunately I could not see the menu as you have to go to FB and we cannot access FB here at work. Forgot to check at home last night as I was not there anyway. Good luck on the door installation this morning. Hope all goes well and they get done in record time!

SUSIE...God be with you this Sunday for the funeral. Hugs sister friend. Saw the post on FB, broke my heart, so young and handsome he was.

Hello to all, make it a great weekend.

Love, Hugs and Prayers....

annie175 01-29-2016 09:51 AM

Worldlies are Fittingly Fabulous in February

Laura705 01-29-2016 11:48 AM

Morning all. TGIF. Yep, and payday to boot, so it’s all good. And the sun is shining. :sunny:

Ceejay – How annoying to lose a post once, let alone 3 times! I’m mostly accustomed to typing a post in Word and cutting/pasting. Hope you’re having a good weekend so far!

Annie – LOL re the coffee landing upside down in the cupholder. God’s funny way of making you realize it could have been worse - much worse - and to be grateful your brakes worked and you reacted quickly to apply them!--- And another laugh at what Jacob said to his momma – “don’t be home”. Awww, sounds like he and the boys were having way too much fun playing race cars with C. :) --- Yeh, the Revenant movie is supposed to be very graphic/realistic as far as that bear scene goes. Supposed to be a good movie, so I could probably get past that. ---Yup, got the workout in. ---I like your thread title for February!

Happy – Hope the door installation is going well this morning. I think you said you had the book A Walk in the Woods, but hadn’t started reading it yet…I’m just into Chapter 3, but thought I’d tell you to at least read into the first half of chapter 2 because the author talks about the information he finds out about bear encounters. I thought you’d find that interesting.

Hellos to the rest of you. Hope you all have (or are already having) a great weekend. :carrot:

==
So I did do a short strength workout last night. It was a portion of Margaret Richard’s “The Spark” DVD. It’s split out into a few different workouts, but only one warmup and one cooldown. The way the dvd plays, it just keeps going into the next workout if you don’t realize you finished the one you wanted to do. Odd chaptering – instead of doing a workout per se, you could go to the disc menu and just pick out the exercises you want to do. Anyway, the first exercise in the workout I did was pushups and my pecs and triceps are already sore. I expect hamstring soreness as well.

Nothing special planned this weekend. Bf and I might go to visit his aunt at her new apartment in the assisted living place. She was moved from the rehab center to her apartment this week.

That’s it for me. Buh-bye. :wave:

happy2bme 01-29-2016 03:40 PM

Good morning fine chickies of the world.

Got up at 6 today. Was rewarded with a most beautiful sunrise. The door men showed up but first they called and were lost. Don't know why, most GPS devices take you down to the quarry instead of our house. DH gave them directions and they found the place ok. Seem like nice guys. DH is watching them closely but chatting too so they don't realize he is supervising. One guy cut his finger - of course they would NOT LISTEN to me and wound up using half of my box of band-aids. Just don't bleed on my new door. I rolled my eyes and went upstairs. DH is not keen on the new door - for $7,000 I would have liked something more special but it is ok. Passes wife seal of approval. I will post a picture when they are done. It has sidelights that open and have screens on them. The screening did not come in the materials so they will have to send it later and DH will have to install it. I guess we should have ordered the $10,000 door. :rolleyes: Oh great, I just heard them say there are 2 men bleeding on my new door. :rolleyes: There is a big gaping hole in the open door way. 19 degree air is pouring into the house. The furnace is running at top speed. I told DH to put the scaffolding up inside the doorway and plastic tarp a closure but NOOOOOOO. He said they would put a frame and shield up. Home Depot said they would put a tarp up. They are merrily working away as if it's a gorgeous summer's day. :rolleyes: :rollpin: :dizzy:

I decided yesterday to go to the weekly Weight Watchers meeting just to check it out. I very much liked the leader and that's a biggie for me. She went 5 years ago as a show of support for her Mom. Figured she'd attend for 30 days to get her Mom going and then she'd go back to her regular life. Instead she said she liked the program and lost weight and continued on. She lost 130 pounds to get to goal 5 years ago. I found that inspirational because I have alot of weight to lose too. The ladies there were very nice also - about 12 of them. We talked about how big the meetings are in the city - you can be lost in a room with 40 or 50 people and you don't get a personal experience. I decided within 10 minutes of the meeting that I'd give it a try. Once more. Repeat offender as they say. I've been doing WW since probably the 70's and this is embarrasing to admit but each time I rejoin I weigh more than the last time. BUT it is time to do something and while I am not totally crazy about WW, the accountability and weekly weigh-ins and good support I'm hoping will help. There is a new tweaked up program - which they do just about every year or so to keep interest and recruit new people. This one really puts a focus on movement as well as eating. And you set your goal instead of them. If you want to get to a certain dress size, that's your goal. If you just want to lose 30 pounds even if that's not your "ideal" size - that's your goal. Which is good because I will NEVER again be at what should be my ideal weight for my height. I was once when I got married and people said I looked sickly and was too thin. Except for DH. He liked me that tiny but it was impossible to maintain without either starving or doing drugs or developing an eating disorder. I have a size in mind and I'd like to go from apple shaped to more of a green bean shape. :lol: Two things that disappoint me from the current plan - there is still an emphasis on sugar free stuff. A can of regular soda is almost 1/3 of my points for the day yet a can of diet soda is 0 points. With all the press lately about diet soda being as bad or worse then regular soda, I am disappointed that they would still encourage this behavior with no points. The other thing that disappoints me is with Whole30 it got into better, more healthy fats. I was getting used to the coconut milk in my coffee but a tablespoon of coconut milk is the same amount of points as a tablespoon of sweetened coffee creamer. That's not encouraging. Also fats are fats, even if they are healthy ones like avocado. On Paleo and Whole30, they encourage healthy fats for satiety. Here you kind of get penalized for them. :( Oh well - I will benefit from the discipline of journaling, regular movement and portion control.

Annie - thanks for offering a new thread title. Hard to believe February is around the corner. That's funny about the coffee incident. At least your seat didn't get all messy - do you have cloth seats? I HATE HATE HATE when you leave enough sensible room for winter driving and stopping and some yokels look at that as an opportunity to cut in. :mad: Especially when it's your fault if you hit them from behind. :mad: :mad: :mad: Driving was half the aggravation of working. I really did not mind taking the train for 22 years. People do the same thing here - zoom like it's dry pavement. Especially the goofs from the neighboring state where they raised the speed limit to 70mph so they think that means 85. They really crawl up your butt. That's funny - but then again maybe not - that the "boys" really get into the car racing and you are left running the concession stand :lol: :shrug: I'm glad though that C enjoys them. Might make up a bit for getting ignored by his own kids. :^: Loved that Jacob told Sissy not to be home yet :rofl: No, you would not like the movie Revenant. Trust me on that. It's a guy's movie. Yuck. Yikes on your son's diagnosis but is it one of those things that because they caught it early, it's very treatable and they are able to control any damage?

Laura - thanks for the comment about not using heat or ice on the neck. I use a heating pad occasionally but not ice. DH has a traction device he got from the physical therapist for his neck. Think medieval torture device - "the rack" but not as bad. :lol: I tried it once. Not sure it helped my issue. But he likes it. Yes, I don't think that poor woman realizes what she has in store for her packing up her house. I felt really bad for her - asked if she had any friends or family locally to call on and she shook her head sadly no. I mean she is up there in age, her husband just came home from hip surgery - Lord knows how she is going to maneuver him around and she has to pack up her house. :yikes: I told her to call if she needed ANYTHING and don't consider it a bother as I know what it was like to be alone (in Memphis). I hope she will be ok. I caught a little bit of the Biggest Loser when DH was flipping channels. OMG - Bob Harper has got to be the most BORING host ever. Totally not his thing. I caught the part where they were voting someone off. I dunno - do they coach them to be so ... so uninvolved???? Unsympathetic?? Just seemed not like a good fit. Goodbye Gracie, you've been voted out, don't let the door hit you in the as... on the way out? :wave: :shrug:

Ok, well I went back through posts to respond to personals and saw Michelle's link to that movie "All of Me". Thank you Michelle for sharing that with us. It was an interesting movie. Kind of shows you the struggle of the head game which goes so much deeper than eating. I found it very interesting in the one woman's comment that they don't do enough bariatric followup and the ongoing struggle that is maintenance. I'm glad you are feeling a little bit better. I imagine that post surgery things can get topsy turvy easily for a bit until things get stablized. I guess you have to be aware of every nuance. Hopefully you will be doing better. Are you moving to the next phase of your eating program now that kick start is over - introducing more things slowly?

The workmen just left. The door was installed not without alot of hassles. DH is not happy with it. There are parts that are crooked and uneven. I wonder if it is going to leak air gaps. Part of the reason we replaced the door is that we didn't have a good seal and it was causing alot of cold air to stream into the house. Also there are a couple of minor parts missing. Well maybe the screens to the sidelights is not exactly minor. Just good that we won't be needing to open the sidelights right now. Someone is supposed to be on their way out to inspect it. DH refused to pay for the balance on the door until things get resolved.

Susie - for the life of me I can't imagine trying to multitask work while walking on a tread desk. I suppose it's one of those manual ones where the belt moves to your speed so you don't have to worry about getting distracted and running off the belt???

Well this post has taken about 6 hours to write so I am going to sign off for now and catch up with the rest of you later. Have a good weekend.

ceejay52 01-29-2016 05:45 PM

II’m going to try Laura’s suggestion and copy and paste from Word.
I came to Jonesboro and got my b12 injection, and now I’m tucked away in my hotel room in Paragould. I’m at the end of the hall. And I’m in a handicapped room!!!!!!! Not sure what this was about. My bff was having company tonight and she only has a one bedroom apartment. I’m eating lunch with my uncles tomorrow.
Talked to my aunt last night. She still has not started her treatments. Think it has to do with the insurance side. She hopes to start on Monday. She is dreading it. I’m am dreading it for her. She sounded depressed.

Annie
To cute about the coffee incident. And the boy’s like Papaw better cause he got down on all fours to play with them. Next time you get down there too.
Happy
Glad you like the WW leader. That goes a long way to motivate someone. I’ve been thinking about doing one of the older plans. I really like the exchange plan.

ceejay52 01-29-2016 05:54 PM

Laura
I tried your method of copying and pasting. It's a little bit different on the tablet than on a computer. But it did the job. May start doing this fromo now on.

Happy
Think I will rethink the Renevant movie. Didn't realize this was a he movie.
Sorry about the door. I'd hoped that it would be installed and ready to go.

Hello's to Susie, Dee, Michelle and Terra

Shad 01-30-2016 05:17 AM

Evening all,
Short post since I am hot and bothered again. Humidity is right up there and I think another shower is on the cards. Might have to turn on the air con. Rather not, since the power bill will be big this time around. Had a nice drop of rain this morning but so far the promised storms, winds, hail, thunder and lightning have not eventuated. The towels on the line are steaming dry!
Did some gardening this morning - some with the help of the hound! Which is not much help at all. I've planted some impatiens and arthuriums today and repotted a couple of Buddleias so they can grow on until I can get them in the ground in a sunny spot to attract the butterflies. I also replanted some caladiums which have been terribly neglected for years.

The rest of the day went in some shopping and a lot of lazing around in the heat. Roll on the autumn.

Better go feed the hound before he decides to eat shoes or something more expensive.

diyana 01-30-2016 11:36 AM

Damn stupid-arse headache. I really don't need this today. It's making it difficult to concentrate on work....difficult to concentrate on anything. And I'm going out with a friend to see Jon Lovitz this evening. He's not my all time fave comedian, but the tickets were under $20 each so it was hard to pass up. Also hard to pass up were $20 tickets to see Heart, Joan Jett and Cheap Trick in concert this summer. All three for $20!! I've seen Heart and Cheap Trick a few times....both put on AMAZING shows!

Going to sign off for now.

Love to all,

happy2bme 01-30-2016 02:24 PM

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...psrbgjloj4.jpg

Old doors on the left, new doors on the right. The sidelights open independently and each of the windows has blinds in them - you can tilt them open and closed and raise them from the bottom to the top. NO DUSTING!!!!

The man is coming to check the poor installation so I can't post personals now. Will be back later.