3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Off with LBs in October for the Worldlies (OCT Thread) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/306642-off-lbs-october-worldlies-oct-thread.html)

Shad 10-14-2015 04:43 PM

Ouch Annie. Thinking of you and hoping that you will begin to feel better now that you know what is wrong. Keep smiling

annie175 10-14-2015 05:03 PM

Hi. Still doing great. Very lucky girl may go home on Friday.

miniDoodles 10-15-2015 08:14 AM

Annie :hug: I'm sorry that this happened to U, but sooo Thankful for your quick medical care :getwell: I hope your boss gives U a week for recovery ;) Will U have any restrictions @ home or @ the office?
With my Luv & many Hugs, Dee

Thanks Chelle :hug: for keeping me updated on Annie. If anyone wants my phone# or my email, just PM me. Susie I still have your cell# :smug:

Laura, Thanks for your Vet help. We'll all get together in 2016 for a wonderful day :grouphug:

ceejay52 10-15-2015 09:40 AM

Annie
I'm so happy that your boss took you to get the medical attention. Think we need to get an exercise group going.
------
I will be going to Jonesboro today for an eye exam. If he says the cataracts are ready then I will have surgery.
All the stress I have been under the past few weeks was concerning for me and even more so since Annie's heart attack. I will not be able to do marathons yet but I can do 20/30 minutes of exercise each day.
Need to get some more things done before I leave for Jonesboro. I will be spending a couple of night with bff and then one night with the aunt and uncle.

happy2bme 10-15-2015 11:04 AM

Hi all,

Geez you take a day away and all heck and commotion breaks out!

Annie - I am glad and truly thankful that you will come through this heart thing. How scary is that! Quick thinking on the boss to get you to the hospital - that's some serious blockages. I guess that's the end of the exercise excuses. But all the walking and stairs you did probably did help to some bit in a better outcome for you. I know we sometimes kid about the diet, exercise and things that will kill us but sometimes that's no laughing matter either. Do EVERYTHING the doctors tell you to do.

Michelle - thank you for the alerts and the updates.

Dee - glad your doodle and the owner found each other. There is something to be said for microchips. BUT part of the problem (as it is up here) is that adopters don't bother to register the updated info with the micro chip company glad it turned out well.

Ceejay - good luck with the cataract surgery - don't think you will have perfect vision afterwards. Better but might still need some tweeks. Are you going to have both eyes done? Do you need glasses now because if your vision was bad like mine, I could not wear glasses for the 2 weeks in between surgeries and was not able to drive because I could not focus well enough. I am just mentioning that just in case...

Dee - I too paid more and had the better BC/BS health insurance for probably 30 years. We had to change when we moved to Wisconsin. I hear from others it is not as good as it once was - so the case for so many things nowadays.

Laura - I had to smile regarding your comment about keeping paperwork for too long because you "might' want to compare things over time. :lol: I'd do the same thing (and never did follow through). I used to save 7 years of receipts and such, DH would toss them out the next month. Then he started paying the bills and I'd save my receipts - now I get to the point where I don't see the need to save anything either. Even the electronic stuff. But I will admit to tossing receipts and then needed them a week later but oh well... :shrug: ;)

Terra - did you get a chance to try your Zumba DVD? How did you like it?

Hi Susie and Shad :wave:

Yesterday I had a thrift shop meeting and then yoga which took up my whole day it seems. Today I have to run a few errands and then buckle down on working on this software installation. Still more to do than hours in the day. It's those little niggling things that creep up and interfere with my plans that are driving me off the rails :dizzy:

Have a good one everybody.

Laura705 10-15-2015 12:28 PM

Morning all. Happy Thursday, and for me - happy payday. :carrot:

Annie – Thank goodness for your boss huh? :D I believe you said he was a fitness buff – I bet he’s gonna be making sure you do the exercise your doctors want you to do! And of course all of us here are realizing we need to get our behinds out of our chairs and get moving. Like Happy said – we kid and joke….until it’s no joke!!!

Happy – As far as all the paper goes, I just need to rethink through what I need to keep and how long. Once I’d learned that you only have a certain amount of time to dispute errors in your bank account statements, it made it easier for me to get rid of those much sooner (and reconcile them more promptly).

Ceejay – No marathons for me either! But more exercise is in order. :exercise: Good luck at the eye doctor and enjoy your weekend!!

Dee – Yes, looking forward to getting together in 2016. :)

Hellos to the rest of you! :wave:
--
Yesterday I had to dig into an old spreadsheet and revisit a convoluted calculation concerning an ancient matter at work. It hadn’t been material for many years until just recently. Now I’ll just set a calendar reminder to update this file monthly. Otherwise it’s a big time suck to reacquaint myself with it, as I experienced yesterday and part of this morning.

I have a lunch and learn session today, and this afternoon is our annual fundraiser kickoff. Should be fun as they are doing something called “egg Russian roulette” – (do an internet search on that phrase, along with Jimmy Fallon to see a video of how this works). Should be very entertaining. Funds were raised (for the charity) by nominating and voting for the participants.

That’s about it for me. Everyone have a great day!!

miniDoodles 10-15-2015 01:41 PM

Ceej & Happy are right about some of us doing more physical activity. Both my parents died from blocked arteries.

Ceej, I hope your eye appt. goes how U want it :goodvibes & that U have a nice weekend!

Laura, Your fundraiser sounds like a fun party :D Enjoy your paycheck, I remember those :genie:

Because of winter slippery country roads & deer jumping out, I won't drive 25 miles to the city to a gym; but I will begin walking outdoors more through the winter & if we get enough snow, take hikes w my snow shoes. I do lift hand weights almost daily in the winter because I can't play sports in the snow & sometimes I use my folding stationary bike. I should find my old strength training work-out DVDs & start using them. I've always been very active daily until this summer :( ... The Fitbit I bought this summer had a short wristband & I sent it back & I never reordered it from Amazon. Yesterday I did a reorder & when it comes in a few days I'll b asking for Fitbit friends here to b on the dashboard w me :D I'll start slowly to build my energy back up, so I'll b seeing all of U fly past me w your steps, etc. I remember Susie saying she wore hers on her ankle while on her stationary bike & I wonder how she does that. I don't have thin ankles & thin calves, should I cut a side slit into a terry wrist band & slip the Fitbit into the sleeve onto my ankle, tell me your thoughts girls...

Happy & Laura & Shad & Chelle, I wish that I had half as much computer knowledge as you'all have, to use my computer to its full potential.

Is anybody watching Survivor, Nashville or the Amazing Race this season? I know Happy did last year. Does anyone know when Downton Abbey returns, is it on & I missed its return :?:

I keep our receipts now on my pc using the small portable Neat Scanner I got on HSN a Todays Special a few yrs ago for about $80. Prior to that I had many accordion file folders; both my businesses, our home, personal, medical etc. The accordion folders r gone now, after scanning w my Neat & I shredded all the receipts. I feel safer having our own electronic copy to verify/print-out for a warranty or return a item. I do have several binders w plastic sleeves holding product warranty & parts info for replacement & instruction manuals because sometimes the product ID#, model# fades on items.

Time to get busy again. Our local town & Post Office is 5 miles away & I have to mail some customer orders today & pick-up a few groceries for starting supper.

:wave: I hope that Everybody has a nice weekend & enjoys the gorgeous leaves changing colors & beautiful fall landscape!

Terra1984 10-15-2015 02:43 PM

Ceejay52 ~ Which Zumba dvd do you have? I have the beginner one.

Laura ~ Yeah I'm not kicking myself for not knowing all of the moves yet. I know it will take some time to learn them.

Happy ~ I have tried my new Zumba work out dvd and I like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 6 a.m. I wasnt planning on getting up for the day until 6:30 but my back started hurting so I went ahead and got up at 6 a.m. I was going to Music and Movement class today but I decided not too. I dont feel too good today. I came home early from ILRC yesterday too. I hope I feel better tomorrow though cause I have an appt. tomorrow morning. After tomorrow I wont go anywhere again until Sunday. I'll be sure to work out tomorrow to make up for not working out today. I hope everyone has a great day today. Take Care All.

ceejay52 10-16-2015 10:07 AM

Morning. Will not have to have cataract surgery. She said they are in a growth state, and she said on a scale of 1-5 mine are at a 2. I will be going back to let her dilate my eyes. I'm happy to know this. Spent the night with my friend and have brought her to her doctors appointment. This is from my phone. More later.

miniDoodles 10-16-2015 12:07 PM

Happy Friday Annie :hug: I hope that U r well enough to go home today, kicked-loose from the hospital :val3:

Ceej :cheer3: Congrat's on not needing the cataract surgery! Now U can enjoy your vacation weekend :) no worries now :hug:

Anybody dressing up for Halloween or going to a party? :spid: :witch: :bunny2: :clause: :wizard: :haphal:

happy2bme 10-16-2015 01:54 PM

Howdy everyone,

Finally got over to order some eyeglasses yesterday. She said my prescription includes some distance adjustment so it is back to the progressive bifocals. They will take a week to get the glasses in but it will be good to see normally again. I am tired of trying to strain to see. We went to the movies again last night - saw "The Martian". Another great movie. It's a simple premise - he gets left behind on Mars on a space mission and has to figure out how to survive IF they can rescue him. What I really liked about it is that instead of the glitz and glamour and special effects of today's movies, this was a simple but intriguing story. They used science to overcome the hurdles he faced. And they did it in not an over the top nerdy fashion but something we could follow without being scientists ourselves. Now I don't know if some of the "fixes" were technically not feasible, but I do know that it was a very entertaining movie and we both really enjoyed it.

We had a big commotion at the thrift shop - one of the volunteers was giving away too much of our stuff - felt it was not "good enough" for us to sell. And there was a big oops with a frequent high end donor. So the volunteer stepped away. Hate to lose anyone but there was no way of trying to reason with her. On to the next crisis/hurdle/complaint/whine ;)

DH went up to Duluth to see if Home Depot can send someone to install an entry door since we have had NO luck with contractors here. AND hunting season is starting so forget it. I have laundry to do and also need to get cracking on the 8 hours of self based training I need to do for the shelter software. Tommorrow we are going out to a Humane Society fundraiser - drinks and a good musical band at a local bar and restaurant. I will pick up the animal forms Saturday afternoon and probably spent all Sunday doing data entry. So much for my weekend.

Happy Birthday Java Turtle :hb: - don't know if you are still checking in here.

Dee - I used to decorate the outside of the house for Halloween but now that we are remote only the UPS, mail and FedEx guys come here - not eve trick or treaters so gave away my Halloween stuff and never got into dressing up. In fact I would beg off a party invite. They do trunk or treat up here which I think is a better idea since except for right in town, our houses are spread out too far for treaters. Trunk or treat involves those wanting to give treats to gather in a parking lot - often the church up the road and kids can walk from car to car and get treats. What with teal pumpkins and nut allergies and glutten allergies and all this craziness - not to mention that a large bag of name brand snack sized candy cost over $14 :yikes: frightful enough - maybe it's time to do away with this custom altogether. They are suggesting people give out non candy treats. Yep, I got a buck a piece to spend on a bunch of strange kids to buy junk they will throw out any way - just let me go pick a few branches off my money tree in the yard. :rolleyes: I think they should have school parties or rec center parties - I'd have no problem donating 10 bucks to the effort. Anyways... To your other question, I am watching Amazing Race and Survivor - tape them and have to catch up as I am 2 showings behind. Downton Abbey generally premiers here in the US around January after the season ends overseas.

Ceejay - good that you can defer the eye surgeries. With my one eye everything got to be fuzzy so that I could not read - I compared it to trying to read with glasses that were 10 years old or trying to look through lens that were smudged up. No matter what I did I could not focus so I knew I needed to do something. And with both eyes being as bad as they were, during the annoyance of the 2 weeks between surgeries, I know why he did both eyes at once. But definitely don't rush it. Better if Medicare pays for it all anyway. They just have more stringent standards from what I understand.

Terra - sorry you aren't feeling well - hope you get better by the afternoon.

Laura - I had to think a minute about the egg Russian roulette you spoke of and then I remembered seeing Jimmy Fallon do that with one of the guests. It was pretty funny. And I applauded the guest because I think each one of them took an egg to the face. Don't know where they come up with these games. Some are dumb, some quite funny.

Annie - are you home yet? Hope you are resting comfortably and I'm sure you will have a new schedule to adhere to. What tweaks will you have to be making in the diet as it seems you eat quite clean for yourself?

Hi busy Shad and Michelle - take a moment to enjoy the weekend ahead.

Time for me to get busy. Have a good one...

Laura705 10-16-2015 03:20 PM

Afternoon all.

Dee – It sounds like you have some self-discipline to do workouts on your own at home. And it helps to be in a beautiful area where you want to go out and do activities year-round. Good for you. :) I have dvd’s too and need to start using them more!!!! I’ll PM you with my fitbit info. Re wearing the fitbit on a shoe or ankle, I don’t know how Susie does that, but your idea sounds pretty good – more secure than slipping it inside a sock. Re receipts – I’ve seen the commercials for the Neat scanner, but I always worry that the inevitable changes in technology will render the data inaccessible at some point... Re the fall landscape – we’ve had a lot of changing color this week so this weekend may be the best time to get out and do some leaf-peeping around here. Nothing going on for Halloween. My friend who just had the knee surgery wants someone to plan something, but she’s the one who really likes Halloween. I think she just needs to take a pass on it this year and enjoy handing out candy to the kids. In costume, of course. ;)

Terra – Good for you taking your time with the Zumba workout. Enjoy yourself! I hope you’re feeling better today.

Ceejay – Good you don’t need that cataract surgery yet. Happy’s recovery seemed like a major PITA. You can certainly wait to experience that!

Happy – Glad you’ll soon have glasses and be able to see without straining! Sounds expensive though. Yeh, I really enjoyed “The Martian” when I saw it on Tuesday night. I can’t say I understood every solution they proposed, or if it was within the realm of “possible”, but it was a really entertaining movie. You sound like you’re busy as ever… You reminded me that I have some autumn/Halloween décor I should pull out of the attic this weekend.

Annie – I hope you’re gonna be home from the hospital today!!!

Hellos to Susie, Michelle & Shad! Hope you’ve had a good week.
--
The egg Russian roulette was entertaining yesterday. Especially when our guest, a little 5-year old Wish Kid named Arianna (we support the Make-A-Wish charity organization) was invited to smash some eggs on the heads of the participants, LOL. She got the hang of it very quickly and enjoyed herself. :D She was soooo adorable.

No plans this weekend except the usual laundry, dog walks and errands. I’ll try to get some more done in the yard. I also need to see if I have to shop for a new dress for a wedding next weekend. Bf is going to the groom-to-be’s bachelor party tomorrow night so hopefully he’ll remember to ask how formal of an occasion this wedding will be.

I ordered a pair of snow boots this week online. Hope they work out for me. I did order a brand (Kamik) that offers wide widths and removable insoles. I also ordered a set of foam cushions to replace the disintegrated foam inside my old bicycling helmet that I use for my daily commute between home and the train station. Not sure why I waited so long…a couple weeks before I stop for the season. Duh.

The other thing I might order in the near future is a wide-mouth thermos food jar. I’m going to try bringing hot soups, chili, leftovers, etc. to work for my lunches and I find it kind of a PITA to troop up to our kitchen area to heat up my food and then back to my desk with a hot bowl of food. Yeh, and there’s the fact that I’m lazy and impatient…

Okay, that’s it for me. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Terra1984 10-17-2015 07:55 PM

Happy & Laura ~ I'm feeling much better now, Thank You

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 6:44 a.m. Its now almost 7:00 p.m. I'm about to head to bed for the night. I did my laundry tonight and I washed the after dinner dishes and I fold and put away my clean clothes as well. I'll be sure to work out tomorrow morning before we go run our errands. Have a fantastic Saturday and Sunday.

ceejay52 10-17-2015 10:15 PM

Terra
I can't remember off hand which Zumba DVD's I bought. I'll look when I get home.

Dee
I'll pm you my information for Fitbit. I'm having to start slow also. I remember Susie telling me if I put my Fitbit on my shoe it will register steps this way also. I fasten it to my shoe strings.

Laura
Our tree foliage is starting to change here. Tonight will be our first frost. I'm loving the cooler temperatures. The egg Russian roulette sounded like fun. Did the bosses get the egg? Or was it just someone she randomly chose?

Happy
I think the Halloween trick or treat should go away too. I don't like opening the door so I don't participate. Sorry your cataract surgery didn't help matters. So far mine are itching from the inside. I've lost some vision to blurriness but not a lot. I do want to see the Martian as well. I'll just wait till it comes out on DVD.

Annie
Have you made it home? Take it easy this week end.

Susie
Where have you been?

--------
The sad news this week end is that my oldest uncle is now having heart problems. The artery that runs into the aorta is leaking. He goes this week to Little Rock to see what can be done. He's 88. He was the only one out of 6 children that hadn't had any heart problems.
Yesterday wasn't to bad. I took my friend to her doctor's appointment then shopping then to lunch. Went back to her apartment and crashed. We were both ready for a nap. Today was the uncles get together and shopping with my aunt. I did find a pair of work shoes.

MyChoice2bfit 10-17-2015 11:02 PM

Hi Everyone--what a week right?!

Annie: :hug: Please tell your boss that we all love him for acting fast and getting your help. When I read your PM on FB, I about dropped my phone!!
You really had me scared.

I know you are home now and I hope feeling well.

Dee; I will get my fitbit information to you too. I don't put the fitbit on my ankle when riding the stationary bike but rather slip it into the laces on my shoe (across the top wide part of the foot. That way it counts my "steps" when I am pedaling. When I am done on the bike, I put it back on my
wrist.

I do that when I use the tread desk as well as I don't swing my arms they way one usually does then they walk on the treadmill. I'm usually typing on the laptop since the treaddesk is made that way,.

Ceejay; Did they tell you how much longer you will need to wait until you get the cataracts taken care of?

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle's heart issues. I hope he gets some good news.

What sort of work shoes to you have to have for work?

Laura: I think a thermos is a great idea especially for soups in the winter time. Any idea what kind you will get? I think it would be hard to order one. I'm someone who needs to look at things in order to consider them.

I ordered some new show boots for this year as well. Mine a Totes and I ordered them on the Khols site. I was able to find wide withes that way. I had my other snow boots for 8 years. It was time for a new pair. I hope the pair you ordered turn out to work well for you. Finding boots is so hard!

Happy: When do you get your new glasses? Did you have any luck finding a contractor?

Terra: It sounds like you had a busy day. No wonder you are ready to go to bed so early.

Hi to Shad and to Michelle.

So, last week with work was off the hook! I knew that being off the Thursday and Friday before that it would be busy (despite I worked at home for 2 hours on Saturday and 2 hours on Sunday to not be in a panic state when I went in on Monday).

I worked late Monday & Wed. but I did it at home. With it getting dark early now I don't like leaving and driving home in the dark.

Monday is my meeting with Director and Associate Director to take a look at my work plan and see what we can do so I'm not working 50 hours every week.

Today DH worked until 1. He rarely works overtime but they have a lot of jobs coming though, so we worked half a day. As he said, Christmas is around the corner and it will be good to have some extra $$.

While DH was at work. I deep cleaned my kitchen (including taking everything out of the fridge and wiping it out) and bathroom and dinning room. I even cleaned the windows in those rooms. I have tilt in windows and for that I am thankful.

I'm watching the last of the Ohio State game and when it is off, I am heading to bed.

I hope to check-in tomorrow.

Oh I had a 1.8 lbs loss at TOPS on Thursday. I didn't weigh in the week before since we were on the Canton Road Trip. I was happy to be down on the scales!