Old 10-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #62

Good morning, ladies! 59 degrees. The weather man said it would get up to 71 today but I doubt it! It's also overcast and trying to rain again.

Jean, you don't have to share any snow with me. I don't even want to see a single flake.

Maggie, hi! What are you doing this day?

Have a wonderful day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Day

GOOD ROCKTOBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

Not much happening around here this day with me. We went out to run some errands and then stopped at our favorite Chinese place and had lunch. We will be having a light dinner.

I received an e-mail from CA that told me that our daughters memorial service will be Nov. 2 so we’ll head out there on the 30th of this month and be back here the 6th or 7th of Nov. We went by the vets and made arrangements to have the animals taken care of. They will keep Ragg Mopp and Beanie together but poor Cecil will be on his own. Poor cat gets a double whammy for he will be away from his dogs and people during that time. He is just now getting over that last trip he was down there. But it has to be what it is.

Will has the Jeep at the shop having it wired for the trailer we bought a few months ago. The trailer is one that the armed forces used and has regular sized tires not those little ones that come on the “usual” utility trailers. Anyway we want to get the Jeep wired for tail lights on the trailer before we start using it. We have gotten the hitch changed to fit the Jeep and it wired for the tail lights so now it is to get the Jeep ready to pull it. We have already had several offers to buy that trailer but we have declined them. If we ever do go full timing again or have no further use for it we know who we will sell it to. In the meantime he is welcomed to borrow it anytime when he wants to for hauling something. The guy we bought the trailer from no longer buys them form the government to resell. So there is no place around here where folks can get one so they want ours. Having our own utility trailer saves us from using a friends or renting one.

We have been working this morning removing a section of fence and installing that long gate so we can park our motor home in the back yard. I am anxious to get it home for I have stuff sitting around that I want to put into it. My set of blue speckled chrome rimmed camping “china” has arrived. I am still waiting for some other items that I ordered which will hopefully get here before we head out to CA. I f everything I have ordered doesn’t arrive then the fellow we have to pick up our mail will take care of it for us. That “fellow” is the director of the museum. A responsible man for sure. We would rather have a friend to pick up our mail than having the post office hold it. Works best for us that way.

The neighbor has a barking dog that barks incessantly all day. He got him a “bark collar” which worked great but now I think the battery has died for that dog has been barking all day and started early for the man left for work @ 4:30 this morning and the dog hasn’t stopped yet. It’s a wonder that he doesn’t get hoarse. When he gets home from work Will can mention to him to get new batteries in that thing for we would like to have a full night’s sleep. I can hear him now as I type barking and barking. He is lonely while his master is gone. It’s a good thing we can talk to our neighbors. They are the ones that spoil our dogs and cat with treats. The minute they hear the neighbor’s truck come home they are all lined up at the fence. Yep he spoils them. Condition response.

I have yakked long enough so I’ll say so long till tomorrow.

JEAN Your snow will probably last as long as our snow did the other day. Gone as quickly as it came.

SUSAN You will probably stay in the 60 degree area this day and not make the 70's ~ in my humble opinion. Thanks for starting a new thread for us to come yack on.

Have a great afternoon my Magnolia friends.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #3  

Good morning my friends. We are home safe and sound. I am going to be super busy for the next few days getting all the clothing washed and put away and all the other "stuff" we took.

We had a grand time, no rain at all. The excursions were so much fun and I am sure glad I bought the cane. It came in handy for sure as I walked a lot.

Drum roll: I left for the cruise weighing 323, expecting to gain a few lbs with all the food and such. I weighed myself this morning and am 318. I only have 19 lbs and I will be in the 200's!!! I am posting a pic from last year's cruise and this year's.

Maggie: I am so very, very sorry about your daughter's death. We always expect to outlive them. My prayers go out to you and Will. As for the trip, can you not just leave Cecil in the house and have someone you trust just check on him while you're gone? We left Butterscotch and had Kelly just check on him when he was till alive.

Jean: I imagine you will be getting snow soon. We are very chilly here. We took only summer clothes and drove into Memphis and it was in the 50's.

Susan: Hope you are doing well. Coming from Florida, a lot of the farmers had not picked their cotton yet. Usually down here, they pick the middle of October. We have commissary this weekend so we shall see if they have picked.

Well girls I need to go and sorty laundry out of the bags and pile up the gifts we bought and such. Have a great day. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lastyear.jpg (37.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg WEIGHTLOSS.jpg (22.6 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by gma22; 10-24-2013 at 12:45 PM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #4  

Good Evening, Flowers! It's been another yucky day with snow showers all morning. The wind makes it even colder. I worked in the gift shop this morning and made a WM stop on my way home. Once I've been gone I hate to start any major projects when I get home, besides I had bell practice later this afternoon. Several complained about being so tired today and we decided to blame it on the weather!

Susan -- Thanks for starting the new thread! Since you're not sharing your warm weather with me, I'm not going to send you any snow flakes! So There!

Maggie -- I'm sure listening to your neighbor's dog bark gets old. There is one in our neighborhood but I'm not sure just where it is. I think it only barks when left outside because it's not a constant. Maybe I just don't notice it now with the windows and doors shut tight.

"Gma" -- Welcome home! I thought sure you would check in while you were gone. I'm glad the weather was nice since I know you were a bit worried about that. on losing #s while you were gone! That is a nice bonus! Nice picture of you and Jack!

Guess I will read a bit and head for bed. Don't know why I am so tired but I am, and I don't want to fall asleep in front of the tv. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Thursday tomorrow!

Last edited by Jean; 10-23-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #5  

Good morning gals. Chilly here this morning and supposed to stay cool. Guess summer temps are officially over now.

Ok, for some reason, the second picture didn't post in the post above. The black dress is last year, the red one is this year. Quite a difference, huh? One gal said I didn't look like the same person.

Today is all about laundry and starting to get it all put back. Tonight is Genghis Grill as I have a free bowl and a free birthday bowl so dinner will be cheap. I have to use it or lose the birthday bowl tomorrow. I was just too tired to go out to dinner last night.

The resort in Jamaica was excellent. It was huge and had all kinds of things to do. My knee has gotten pretty bad so I was leery of walking on sand, but the ocean was only about 50 ft or so from the pool where I was sitting. I gave a pool boy $20 and told him to keep me filled up and he sure did. My glass would get empty and he would fill it right back up. I drank a lot of water because the heat was excessive. I did a bit of swimming but my left hip acted up so much I quit trying. On top of that, I had on SPF 50 sunscreen, was sitting in the shade under an umbrella and had a towel drapped over my legs and still got sunburned!!! Poor Jack somehow got sunburned on the top of his feet pretty back. He had on men's flip flops and the burn was on the top and bottom of where the wide piece was. Luckily, I brought aloe vera and that took care of it. We were so tired from Jamaica we didn't even go into Grand Cayman. Jack took some pictures from the ship is all. On Friday was the salsa salsa and that was fun. We had a couple who part of our dining table there and we sat together and had a blast. They didn't have AC though only fans and it was hot. They brought out cold towels every once in awhile. I had hibiscus tea cold instead of the liquor though I had a virgin margarita. I am just not a drinker. Jack only had one then drank water. Making the salsa was fun but Jack made a mess of it and I think I did too. All in all it was a lot of fun. I didn't do any dancing because of my knee but Jack gave it the ole college try when they did the salsa dancing. Jack was voted table captain so had to go up and dance with the other captains. He has such cute knobby knees!

Jean: Last year I didn't put our phones on airplane mode and it cost me $200 for roaming charges. Jack doesn't take his laptop on board as they charge expensive fees to use it. So, that's why you never heard from me the whole time. We were not in American territory like last year. St Thomas is free to call from last year, but this year everything is charged and expensive.

Have a good day today! Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jackdancing.jpg (30.5 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by gma22; 10-24-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

I have the sneezes today.

DONNA FAYE Welcome back. Sounds like you had a lovely time of it on that cruise. Did your main squeeze get to eat some snails? Congratulations on your weight loss. That is terrific that you lost weight while on such a lovely vacation. Your recent pictures sure do show a difference in your weight from last time.

Since Cecil is mainly and “outside cat” he would be much better off at the vets for we certainly couldn’t leave the back door open so he could use the doggie door and he would hate being locked up in the house. I would not like to find out what he would do if locked inside for a week. At least at the vets he will have someone to play with him and let him outside. Last time we had a friend to feed the animals he forgot for 3 days that he had promised to do it. We would rather not have to worry about the animals when we are gone to CA. If they need something the vet is right there. Last time we left them Ragg Mopp was due for his shots so they went ahead and took care of that and gave Beanie and Cecil the once over.

We have given up trying to park that motor home in the yard for too many things would have to moved and plants dug up to get in from the front yard. The turn would be to sharp to get into the yard from the alley. We found covered storage for it just 6 blocks away which will be great for we can bring it home to do anything to it or load our ordered stuff. I sure like the fact that it is “covered storage” for we now won’t have to buy that expensive covering for it otherwise. My new down pillow for that bed came today and I think I will keep it in here and put my old one out there. I have got to wash that old one and it is quite a process to wash a down pillow but thankfully I have the instructions on how to do that. Will likes those old fiber filled ones that give me a crick in my neck. But to each his own.

JEAN They must have gotten that dogs collar a new battery for after our neighbor came home he was quiet and I haven't heard a bark out of him today. He is a nice dog but gets so lonely during the day. It is colder here today but no snow in sight, thank goodness. There isn't much work to be done on the motor home but we do want to get the tires balanced and rotated. Everything seems to be working fine but we don't plan on any winter trips with it. Come next spring we will be gone some. We aren't taking it to CA for we aren't sure just where there will be places open to park on the way and need to make a quick trip of it.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #7  

Good Evening, Flowers! We had sunshine today! It wasn't quite as cold nor windy as yesterday. Bob worked in the office this morning; a previous agent is coming back to work and Bob thought maybe he (Bob) was being replaced. That's not so; the manager called and said he was letting another agent go in a nearby small town. I don't think Bob is quite ready to completely retire and I know I'm not ready for him to be home 24/7 with winter on the way. I made a loaf of banana bread this morning while the washer and dryer did their jobs. I had my monthly coffee date this afternoon; put off going to the grocery store again today. I have got to go tomorrow!

"Gma" -- Wow! You both look like you have lost weight in the second picture! Sorry about the sunburns -- not fun! Did you make the salsa in a class and did you get to eat it? I've never made it but Jason does; he likes spicy so I don't touch it!

Maggie -- Glad the dog is quiet again. I feel sorry for dogs, or any animal, left alone outside while the family is gone.

I have a load of undies to fold so better do that. Any time I bring laundry upstairs to fold I put it on the couch and Sonny makes a flying leap right in the middle of the pile. I don't know how he knows what I'm doing as he is usually glued to the sliding doors guarding the deck. Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday tomorrow!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies. I am freezing to death this morning as it is pretty chilly and will be all day. This weekend is commissary weekend and hopefully they have the shooting mess out at the base all cleared up.

I have toe issues! I stubbed my left big toe before we left and scrunched the nail down into the skin so it hurt like the devil. Some clutz then stepped on it on the ship and I kept stubbing it so I had a mess. In this case, taking every medicine known to man with me paid off. I used antibacterial hand wash to clean it 2-3 times a day, then put Neosporin into the nailbed and left it open during the day, but put a bandaid on it at night. As soon as we got on land again, I bought hydrogen peroxide and starting using it. It isn't completely healed but in good shape. This morning I went to the bathroom and looked down and my second toe on my right foot looked funny. I leaned over and touched it and my toenail fell off! That toe had fungus and had become really thick. I have been treating it for a long time with the toe fungus stuff to no avail, but it has not fallen off so I filed the rough new nail coming in and put the fungus stuff on it hoping it won't thicken up again.

I am down to my last two loads of clothing. One is in the dryer and the other is waiting to go into the dryer. Tomorrow is put everything away day and Sunday is commissary day. Next weekend if it is nice we are tackling the deck as it is a total mess.

I finished paying bills this morning, fixed my meds for the week and started my menu and grocery list. I started a load of dishes and am going to either knit or finish the book I have been reading.

Maggie: We had a grand time, most of it just relaxing. I will let you know when I have all the pics up on facebook if you would like to see them. I love down pillows but they make me sneeze. Some of the hotel pillows were great and some not so good. It is true even though he hates it, being at the vets is much safer and you know he is being well cared for.

Jean: The posting for the foreman job just came out so Jack applied for that. Since it is mostly desk work, he can work a lot longer that way (provides him more money for cruising! ) Glad Bob is still hanging on. Jack doesn't bother me much being home all the time when he is on vacationg or long weekends or whatnot. Oooh banana bread, yum! They had such great fresh fruit on the ship, apples, bananas, melons, pineapple, prunes. I had fresh fruit every morning for breakfast. I have to say the buffet for breakfast was excellent as they had hot and cold cereals, eggs a couple different ways including scrambled eggs with shrimp, which I bypassed! I like shrimp and scrambled eggs, but not together! They had wonderful little pastries too. They had this breakfast bread that was king of chewy and had cranberries and raisins in it and it was delicious. Each table had ingredients in the center and then each couple had a cutting board, silverware to use, bowls, lemon squeezer, etc. We made regular red salsa, green tomatilla salsa, a yummy fruit salsa we put over mexican ice cream and it was to die for, guacamole, though I like mine better. We had chips, littl taquito thingys and quesadillas to eat our salsa with. They made regular margaritas with either salt rim or sugar rim then they gave us frozen strawberry samples of margarita. I drank all virgin stuff. I just don't like the taste of alcohol. I did have something in the champagne bar while we waited for our room to open up. It was a mango martini and boy was it good.

I thought I would post a picture of a drug store in Cozumel. I thought it was funny what they advertised for sale without a prescription.

I guess I better check on the dryer stuff. You all have a grand weekend!!! Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cozumel drug store.jpg (42.9 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by gma22; 10-25-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #9  

Talking

Good Morning, Flowers! It was 26 degrees when I went downstairs this morning. The sun is supposed to shine but so far nada. The outside water bowl froze and the leftover kitten was here for breakfast. The kitten Bob took to the farm hasn't been seen since. I'm working on a grocery list and need to see if I can get part of the rubber sole, on my favorite "hangin' out" shoes glued or fixed at the shoe shop.

"Gma" -- Hope your toes are both on the mend. Did you ever try Vicks? It sounds like what you are doing is working. I will that Jack gets the job! Bob can only watch so much tv and he isn't good as just sitting around doing nothing unless he is really, really tired -- like after long days of farming. I have seen pictures of cruise ship food and the fancy ice sculptures; I can see where it would be easy to overeat.

I'm dressed and need to get a move on. Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday!

Last edited by Jean; 10-25-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friday

It is another cool day here in the ♥-Land in the 50° area. We have been out and about and saw the buffalo. Those baby buffalo sure do look bigger every day. Pretty soon they will be big as the big ones and then I suppose they will be taken away and sold. The male should bring big bucks for he is well formed and sturdy.

We have been winterizing the motor home and are taking it to park it in its garage at storage this afternoon. We are very fortunate that they had a place opened up so we could rent it. In the spring we can bring it here and park it at the curb out front to load it and get it ready to take a trip. All the nice cushions and such that I have ordered for it can live in our basement until that time. That way I will know there won’t be any vermin making a home in it during storage. All the bedding comes into the house for sure along with towels and such. We never did have to put our old motor home in storage for we lived in favorable climate areas year round so didn’t have to winterize the coach.

I finished the book I was reading by Lee Child and will start on another by him today called Nothing to Lose . His character, Jack Reacher, is “one of the most enduring action heroes on the American landscape” says the New York Times and I agree with that statement wholeheartedly. I used to marathon a book but have learned to put one down after I have read for a while. His books are all over 500 pages.

We went out to the Fort today and bought some raffle tickets for an old timey rifle. The tickets are in my name for I am the one that usually wins stuff. We’ll see when the drawing comes around. The money goes to a good cause for the Fort. The last drawing he entered me in my ticket was drawn second to get the prize if they couldn’t locate the first drawn tickets owner. It took some searching for him for he was out of state. Ah, but they found him. So I didn’t win that one but they did give me a consolation prize.

After while I am going to make a big pot of Chicken Noodle Soup this day for dinner. Will is just getting over a cold and it will be so good for him. I certainly don’t want to catch his cold and have it while we travel to CA I have been very careful not to get his germs.

JEAN 26 is cold and we will get there soon enough. It is coming on Winter I do believe. Leftover kitten? I just got a chuckle out of that statement. Hope that one that was taken to the farm survived.

DONNA FAYE Sorry about your toes. Seems when feet are hurt we hurt all over. I have never had toe nail fungus or on finger nails either but it sounds like a battle to get rid of. Hopefully you have it under control and you have happy toes once again. I don't do facebook but do enjoy seeing your pictures you post here. It is so nice that on the cruise you had a choice of good fruit for breakfast. We got a new bottle of grenadine and I am going to cut up a couple peaches and splash them with a tad bit of it on them for a dessert after the soup. I love having fresh fruit for a dessert or for a meal at breakfast.

Last edited by Maggie; 10-25-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #11  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining and it's a "warm" 45 degrees right now, heading up to 60. I've got sheets in the washer, have vacuumed the basement which was way past due, and am mostly dressed. Still have to put my game shirt on and call it good. Plan for the rest of the day is to work on the afghan and then pick up Beth and family for the game later this afternoon.

Maggie -- Bob puts moth balls in the boat to keep the mice out. We've never had any trouble, knock on wood, and it doesn't take long for the smell to evaporate in the spring. He also bought something that farmers use in their tractors. Our neighbors at the lake had a mother raccoon and her babies take up residence in their boat last winter. Needless to say they destroyed the interior and were in there when the guy took the cover off. No kitten so far today, but have had both black cats and the orange tiger. Sonny doesn't like them but he is goofy over the kitten which I'm sure is a female.

I need to put sheets in the dryer. Hope you all have a special day and enjoy!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Saturday

I don’t feel so good today but I don’t feel real bad either. I certainly hope I am not catching what Will has been going through for we leave early next week to CA. I’ll start sucking on Cold-Eeze this evening. I don’t want to start it now for it will make my coffee taste bad. That stuff is proven to cut a cold in half and I use it when I need it which isn’t often at all.

We are having chicken pot pies for dinner and some salad fixin’s. Not much out of the ordinary happening around here this day. We visited the buffalo earlier today and they all look nice and healthy. While we were there a van drove up and 4 little girls got out to go to the fence all dressed alike in pink dance tutus with wings and looked like stair steps with the youngest about 3 years in age. I guess they just couldn’t wait to wear their costumes to show off for grandparents that were in a car behind them. All the grown ups got out and we talked with them.

JEAN I have heard that moth balls help keep the mices out but I think we will get some decon for the motorhone since it is shut up and the smell of moth balls might linger in there too long.

Have a great weekend my Magnolia friends.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #13  

Good morning to you all. I was so busy yesterday I clean forgot to come in and post. We now have all the clothing put away until next year. I hate to spend the money but I am hoping none of them will fit anymore.

I put on a pair of crinkle cotton pants and a gauze top to go to the commissary today. I haven't been able to wear either of them in years so I was ! They fit perfectly, not tight around the pockets, which for non stretch pants is where I worry as it is the first place they would split and the top in nice and loose with plenty of room.

Jackson called last night to tell us thank you for his Halloween present. My son says Jackson has started hiding the good stuff like candy bars and such and leaving the crummier stuff to share. Maybe because dad was always raiding his candy!!! It was nice to talk to him and to Jay. I bought Jay a small bag of Jamaican coffee and I think he will like it. He is a big coffee drinker grinding his own beans and such and these are whole beans.

We had chinese last night and it was great. I was cold all day and he brought me home some egg drop soup which warmed me right up. I think tonight will be chicken. Mother Hubbard's pantry is really bare so it will be a big load of groceries today I imagine.

I think we are going to join the YMCA so I can swim everyday again. I also want to use the stationary bike to help with my knee and other things to help build up my stamina. I am waiting to hear back from someone about the joining fee as it is supposed to be waived for people over 60. It is too bad they don't give the seniors a break, but they have this program for paying according to your income and our income is pretty up there still. I imagine we can go back and change it once Jack retires.

Maggie: Hope you are not catching a cold and are feeling better today. I sprayed Lysol in the ship's room and bathroom and we used a lot of antibacterial stuff while on the ship. Sounds like you have a good plan for you RV. You can't do this of course, but we always load the car in the garage with the door down so no one can see we are going away. Don't want to give anyone any ideas. Have you noticed whether or not Schwann's has gone up significantly on their prices?

Jean: Tomorrow it is clean the house day or at least start it. Next weekend is clean the deck, which is a total mess and if it rains all week and the leaves are too wet then Jack is going to shampoo the rugs. I will sure be glad when we can put the tile down all over. Two of the hotels we stayed at had the tile that looked like wood planks. They were both a bit lighter than I want, but I loved the look of them and they didn't get slippery when they got wet either, which is nice. I have to strip the bed and put on clean sheets too. Everything got left when we went on vacation until we got back home so now it is time to pay the piper!

Everyone have a good Sunday. We are off to the commissary in an hour or so. Sure hope the base is back to normal after that shooting a couple days ago out there. Faye
Old 10-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #14  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! I've spent most of the day at church. We had just one service with a praise group from MN putting on the service. Afterwards there was a spaghetti dinner and true to form, I managed to drip sauce on my white shirt. After the dinner I brought Bob home so he could go to the farm and went back to church for the auction. The famous raspberry jam was going to be there again this year. The last time Bob ran the bid up and bought all the jars, then kept two and turned the rest back to be auctioned off again. This time there were only 8 jars and the guy in charge didn't give me the option of buying all even though Bob had told him we wanted to do that again. (I think the guy bidding against me complained that he wanted a jar, before the jam was offered.) I managed to get 5 and turned 3 back in again. Bob doesn't even like it while I could just sit and eat it with a spoon. YUM! Now it's too late to start any major projects so think I will work on the afghan while it is still natural daylight.

Maggie -- Hope you are feeling better today!

"Gma" -- on another pair of pants that fit once again! I think joining the Y is a great idea. I wish we had one here. My floor is not dark dark, but not light as some I've seen in other homes. The lighter doesn't show the dust, footprints, crumbs, etc., as much as the darker shades. I think I would like mine better if I didn't have direct light from both the east and west shining clear through. Our deck is vinyl (?) and slippery when it's wet. The wood one looked terrible because Bob didn't think he needed to treat it, which he should have. I tried to tell him but you know how men can be!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day and evening. Have a marvelous Monday tomorrow!

Last edited by Jean; 10-27-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Sunday

Not much going on here in the ♥-Land this 70° day. We had church this morning and went out to lunch where I had grilled shrimp, side salad and ½ of a sweet potato. I left most of it for I wasn’t very hungry and had enough. I used to eat it all up with no problem.

We went out for our daily drive to visit the buffalo and through the park. Everything looks so nice and clean and in its place in the park with the stream running through it. It had an absence of any pic-nickers this day for I think the outings are winding down since the weather is cooler.

Will’s cold is on its last lap and I still have not caught it. I may sneak by this one and not get it ~ I hope. He was able to preach this morning with just a few coughs. No big coughing fits ~ just a few coughs. Hope I don’t get it for we leave for CA come Wed. morning. I am currently drinking OJ & yogurt blended together, which I love anyway. Time for me to make some more low fat yogurt. Homemade is so much better than store bought. I’ll wait till we get back from our trip though. I don’t just eat it but I also cook with it.

JEAN Sounds like that jam is totally delicious. I imagine it would be great over vanilla ice cream. Thanks Jean, I am feeling much better this day.

DONNA FAYE Isn't it fun to have shrunk into nice clothing and have it fit perfectly. Just don't let some of your favorite clothes hanging too long so they are too big. I call those "out me shrink" clothes. Schwans prices have gone up but haven't they gone up everwhere. I have been cooking out of my freezers and haven't bought from Schwans for awhile. A couple of things but not much. I'll probably get sticker shock when I decide to buy some more. We sure like the Ja-makea-me-crazy coffee beans from Jamaka.