Old 06-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Talking Middle Earth/Tolkien Fans Losing Weight

Hello fellow geeks, nerds, Middle Earthians! I have been a Tolkien fan as long as I can remember and he is really the only author of his type that I enjoy. The Peter Jackson films are also great!

I am looking for a group of people who are nerdy enough to plan to dress up for the premiere of Desolation of Smaug. There have to be some other fans here! What are your costume plans?! My husbandwent as Gandalf to the first movie (and yes... he grew his beard out for a year and a half in preparation" and I used the fact that I had a toddler to get out of making my own costume. Now he is bringing up the next one saying... "start your costume now so you have the time". I also need to make his costume... he is going to be Bard the bowman this time... and Thranduil for the last. He is suuuuuuper pumped about it and has plans to have a big showing of the trilogy and the first hobbit movie at our house sometime this fall.

I am hoping to be quite a bit smaller before December and use a costume as incentive but I can't figure out what to do still... people keep telling me its a no brainer for me to be Galadriel because I have blonde thigh length hair, but even by December I dont feel I will have the right body to be a Galadriel... maybe by the last one. I need some creative costume ideas! My sister is going as Smaug... wearing a tight red bodysuit and who knows what else. She is very tiny so it woukd work for her...

Anyone else dressing up?
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #2  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

This thread delights me! I've been a fan of Tolkien and Middle-earth since I was in highschool, and that... was a long time ago, LOL! I WISH I had to the go-to to make myself a costume, but I'm no good at that sort of thing - I think it's great that you're even considering one! If you do manage to put it together, I'd love it if you could share some pictures!

I just started my weight loss journey at the start of July and I have started my own Walk To challenge as well.. but um, I'm starting with Rivendell!

If for some reason I decide to dress up, I will let you know! I could always dress up as a girly Bilbo.
fairandfree is offline   Reply With Quote