Old 07-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #181  

Ceejay - what a pain to have to deal with people like that on the phone. I don't know how the regular light office employees deal with that all day!!

Happy - You gave me a great opportunity to rant about Sears. Yes, Sears opened a store downtown on State & Madison, so only about 6 blocks from my office. I went over there at lunch tody to pick up the order I placed online. The guy comes out in Merchandise pickup, opens the shoebox and they aren't what I ordered. He's like, no wonder it wouldn't scan. I ask what they're gonna do about it. Twice. When I say I'm going to re-order, he takes me up to the shoe department and hands me over to another employee. Leaves the shoes with me but takes the packing slip with him. The shoe dept employee re-orders my shoes and hands me a very unprofessional slip of paper with the order confirmation number handwritten on it. The one bright spot is that I took the opportunity to quickly try on the wrong pair of sandals (same brand name) for fit and decided I should have sized up instead of sized down (no half sizes) and ordered a size larger on my re-order.

So after that, I still have the wrong shoes in my possession, and I ask about making the return. Expecting to have to go back to merch. p/u, I'm surprised when they tell me the checkout desk is supposed to do it. Really??? They sure didn't know how. "The system" wouldn't let them return the shoes because they don't sell that item there, or some BS. So they get another pair off the floor of the same price and supposedly do the return using that. I don't get a credit on my credit card, but get a gift card instead. I gave them my phone number no fewer than 5 times for whatever reason. Grrr. No wonder MDU told the checkout folks to do it - they knew it would be a major PITA. Everyone was generally courteous. But for Pete's sake, it ate up my lunch hour and then some! (Not counting the time for typing this rant, LOL!)

Today's experience was very sad and pathetic. It might be time for someone to put Sears out of its misery. I have fond memories of Sears from my childhood and beyond. My local store was at 6 corners - Irving/Milwaukee/Cicero. My mother ordered via catalog all the time, always with pickup at the store. Today was a far cry from that, that's for sure.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #182  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Lunch with the account manager at my placement agency went well. We went to a wonderful Italian restaurant. I had spinach ravioli that was delicious! It wasn't really a performance review. She just asked me how I like the position and the people I work with. She wanted to make sure I'm happy at my job. I told her I definitely am. I'm learning a lot, and working with wonderful people. Apparently my manager has told me that he likes my work, and that I'm making good progress, which is great to hear.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #183  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I JUST TRIED TO CATCH UP THE BEST I CAN.
IT'S BEEN A TOUGH WEEK OF VERY SAD PHONE CALLS.
ALL OF A SUDDEN THE FAMILY WANTS TO TALK TO ME. SIGH.
WHERE WERE THESE FRASSING PEOPLE ALL OF JENNIFER'S LIFE????
MY SIL WANTS TO CHAT THIS WEEKEND AT LENGTH AND I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
PLEASE GOD DON'T LET HER TALK "DOWN" ABOUT MY BROTHER.
I MAY HAVE TO STRANGLE HER RIGHT THRU THE FRIGGING PHONE.
I CANNOT WAIT FOR AUGUST!!!
I AM SOOOOO DONE WITH JULY.
TIME FOR A SHOWER AND MAYBE SOUP & SANDWICH.
NOT REALLY HUNGRY THESE DAYS.
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.

LAURA....THE BEST THAT CAN BE SAID OF THE UNANNOUNCED PARTY WAS YOU GOT A LOT OF UNSCHEDULED WALKING!!
LOVED THE ELK PIC AND FENCING IS GOOD!! THEY LIKE TO PLOW INTO PEOPLE!! MAYBE IT'S THERE TO PROTECT YOU!! LOL
SEARS NEEDS TO KNOW WHEN TO LIE DOWN AND JUST THROW IN THE TOWEL.
I HAVE FOND MEMORIES TOO.
WE USED TO GET ALL OUR SCHOOL STUFF THERE FOR MANY YEARS.
SAD THE WAY IT HAS DETERIORATED.

MICHELLE...GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME WITH D.
HOPE THE PROJECT IS STILL GOING WELL.

ANNIE....POOR C AND THE BROKEN A/C.
GOD WHAT A TIME FOR THAT TO BREAK.
YOU GUYS ARE FOREVER BEING BUSY.
LOTS OF GOOD FOOD AND FAMILY TOO.
I LOVE IT!!
PS: FINGERS STILL CROSSED

HAPPY....I AM GLAD MOM IS BACK AND THE ER TRIP WENT OK TOO.
SOMETIMES SENIORS SPIKE BP DUE TO BEING SO SEDENTARY.
THEY SIT SO MUCH THAT JUST GOING TO THE BATHROOM CAN DO IT.
HOW DID DH DO WITH HIS TEST??
I DON'T REMEMBER SEEING ANYTHING ABOUT THE MONITOR???
THE KITTIES ARE ADORABLE...'SPECIALLY WHEN SLEEPING. ROFLMAO

CEEJAY...GLAD THE PLANT IS BACK TO NORMAL AFTER THE STORMS.
THESE STORMS ARE PLAYING HAVOC WITH OUR SINUSES!!
HOPE YOU KEEP THE LIGHTS ON THIS NEXT ROUND OF STORMS!!
I HATE NASTY PHONE CALLS. GOD BLESS YOU FOR NOT SENDING THE HIT SQUAD OUT TO KNOCK HER OFF!! LOL

SHAD....I THINK SOME OF YOUR SUN ARRIVED TODAY.
WE COULD USE SOME COOLER AIR NOW IF YOU DON'T MIND SHARING!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-24-2013 at 03:52 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #184  

Michelle - I'm so glad that the lunch went well and that your boss is happy with your work and your progress!!

Mel - Sorry you've been having a rough week and a rough month! Still another week left of July - hope it improves for you. Well, no one in my family is really trying to develop closer ties, so I can't give you any advice on that. I suppose it's never too late...
Old 07-25-2013, 03:47 AM   #185  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Been a busy day. I've done the dump run and got rid of the last of the unused, unloved stuff that was hanging around and catching dust. I've made soup and stewed apples, and done a bit more work in the spare room, tidied the kitchen and the bedroom. The spare room is not that far away from done now. Of course I have to find a space for all the stuff (like clothes that don't fit at the moment) and that will be in the attic once I get onto that. I've finished the filing cabinet update and keep finding bits and pieces that I must have put away in a safe place for later filing. Still it will be down probably by the end of next week and I can think about redecorating that room. Have no idea as yet what I will do with it, but it will not be RED.
Tomorrow will be just as busy as I look at the whiteboard for the jobs to be done by the end of the weekend. I'm hoping to have the weekend after off since a friend of mine is in town for a job.
I've just put dinner on - I'm having Portuguese chicken with baked spud, pumpkin and beans from the garden.
Went out for a walk this morning - trying to get into the exercise swing again. I see the wattle blossom is out. Maybe this will be a short winter. It is certainly not a normal one. Miss Puss decided to come with me, but got tired by the end of the street and went back home.

Mel - hope you are starting to feel better today. It's not good not being up to snuff. Funny you should mention it, I had soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch today. And very nice it was too. I'm considering making another couple of batches of soup for the freezer since it is an easy meal.
Hope the family don't get all crazy around you. If they do, just ask them nicely to F*** off and hang up. You don't need that sort of angst. Cooler air coming up, however it might take a month to get there. I'm just about all out of puff just now.

Annie - Yep, the royal visit with Cyclone Sophia, Hurricane Simon and the WW of the South. Went off okay, I was sorry to see them go, but don't know how long the peace would have lasted if it was a longer trip.

Laura - my hedge probably looks as sad as your bushes. I'm waiting for it to grow back a bit so I can even up the top and make it look better. Sounds like you had a really nice time at Sears (not) and you still haven't got the sandals you wanted. Now that's service.

Michelle - Nice to have someone say good things about your work. You may get an extension to the contract if you are not careful Seriously I hope they keep you on for a while. A good contract can make all the difference when going for other work.

Happy - that fish sounds nice. Similar to the recipe on the Better Homes and Gardens show this morning. I love crusts on fish and lamb. As you say, lucky cats.
I'm happy to have the house back, but it would be nice if they lived closer and it didn't take so much time or money or effort to see each other.

Ceejay - lucky you, getting a grouchy customer. Help desk is never dull and always you are in the wrong. She picked the wrong person to grumble to this time.

Didn't sleep to well last night for some reason. So it's an early night tonight I think. Only a couple of programs to watch and about a million stamps to sort. I'm sorting out the boys stamp collections and they will probably want to sell them so guess who gets the job?

Anyway, better go sort dinner. It's smelling good.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #186  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKS

ANOTHER WOMAN WENT TO THE HOSPITAL.
BEEN A KIND OF STEADY STREAK FO ALARMS AT NIGHT LATELY.
FUNNY THING IS THEY'RE ALL AROUND 11-12:30.

GOT A CALL LAST NIGHT ALSO AND THE MEETINGS MIGHT BE VERY SHORT.
DOING THE HAPPY DANCE OVER HERE. SOME PEOPLE CANNOT MAKE IT.
SO THE LESS PEOPLE THE LESS TALKING.
NOTHING ELSE NEW SINCE LAST NIGHT.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

LAURA....THE "FAMILY TIES" WILL DIE OUT AFTER AWHILE.
THIS IS JUST SOME KIND OF SHOW THEY PUT ON WHEN THEY HAVE TO.
WASN'T THAT THE NAME OF A TV SHOW???? ROFLMAO
I LOVED MICHAEL J. FOX IN THAT.

"Have no idea as yet what I will do with it, but it will not be RED."

Awwwww.....Come on now Shad....you know you want to buy as big ol' can of fire engine red!!
SPEAKING OF WHICH...I HAVE NOT WATCHED THOSE HOME IMPROVEMENT SHOWS IN A VERY LONG TIME.
I USED TO BE GLUED TO THE TV SET.
I HAD A LAUGH AT MISS PUSS POOPING OUT ON THE WALK AND GOING HOME.
YES...THE SOD OFF COMMENT IS ON THE TIP OF MY TONGUE.
OT'S MY SIL...I CAN SHE SHE'S GETTING READY TO TRY ONE MORE TIME TO TURN ME AGAINST MY BROTHER.
WHY SHE NEVER WENT FOR A DIVORCE IS A WONDER TO ME.
WELL....IT'S JUST NOT HAPPENING.
HOPE YOU AND I CAN CHAT NEXT WEEKEND IF YOU'RE FREE.
BY THEN WE SHOULD HAVE LOADS OF STORIES.
HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH YOUR FRIEND.
HOPE SHE GETS THE JOB!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #187  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning all ya'll......one more work day this week.

Sam, Chris, Ainsley and Jacob are leaving for Florida tonight for a week. I will miss my lil man so much. He is calling me "my Nanna" now. THey are going down for a wedding. Chris parents rented a condo for them all as they are going also. The kid's only have to do their gas and food. I am slipping Sam a bit of money to help out.

I got into it with my brother (the one in Illinois), who didn't go to dad's funeral but instead left that very day on vacation. Let's just say I gave him a piece of my mind then ended up hanging up on him. I probably shouldn't of done it. He drove me to it. He is a narcissist and got tired of hearing about him and his crap.

SHADDIE...you have been working your bunz off since the company left. Take a break, have a brew. What is Portuguese chicken? I love stewed apples.

MELLIE...I am pretty sure it is a go with this pregnancy for sissy. When I dropped Sassy off at her house this morning Sis was in the bathroom puking. My doc always said the sicker you are the better he liked it. Ha. Hope you are feeling better sister, mentally and physically.

CEEG...I agree with Shad, hang up the phone or hit the end button on mean people. Cause you know I have a sticker that says, Mean people suck.

CHELLE...so glad the lunch and check in went well and good to hear that your manager is speaking well of you. That should boost your work production. lol.

LAURA...I, too have fond memories of Sears and JCPenney. A lot of my friends worked at Sears and the rest of us worked at JCPenney, all at the same mall. It was a lot of fun. It was during my late teenage years. Its all coming down to most stores cannot compete with Walmart.

HAPPY.....Wow, you already had to turn the furnace on. Now that is just not right. I don't even want to think about that. Cs house is rented out to his boss and wife. It is going well. They are OCD cleaners, no worries there. My dad's house, we are still working on it. New carpet will be installed on the 15th of August. We put tile down in the entry way and bath, next is the kitchen. All the walls are now painted. Need to get a new fridge put in. My 2nd oldest brother and SIL that are living there may end up buying it as they already own 25% of it anyway.

Got to post will be back shortly.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #188  
Annie - Indiana

Crock Pot Chicken n Noodles

4 Boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 cans of cream of chicken sup
1 stick of butter/margarine
2 - 32 oz cans chicken broth
24 oz frozen egg noodles

Place chicken, soup, butter and broth, lightly salt and pepper in crockpot on high for 5-6 hours.
Remove chicken and shred/cut up place back in pot.
Add noodles
Cook two more hours
Stir a couple of times while cooking.

This ended up pretty thick so once it was completely cooked I actually added additional chicken broth.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #189  

Morning all. Another lovely day out there with me in here. Sigh.

Shad – Good for your progress getting rid of unwanted stuff. It can really accumulate over the years. What’s this thing about the color red?? Private joke, or just something on the thread that pre-dates me? How nice of you to be going through the stamps. The boys’ proceeds should be net of the value of your time and effort spent selling them because it sure sounds laborious!! I hope you got a good night’s sleep last night.

Mel – Awww, I like that graphic. Fingers that the meetings go quickly and for NO ALARMS tonight!!! The SIL must not be very bright to try to turn you against your brother, especially if she hasn’t been successful in the past! Duh.

Annie – It would be really difficult to be civil to someone who missed the funeral of an immediate family member in order to take a vacation. Can’t blame you for going off on him. LOL re your doc’s opinion of morning sickness. Nice that your dad’s house might stay in the family. That chicken and noodles recipes looks easy and tasty. Reminds me of a dish my mom would make – chicken parts cooked on the stovetop, served with rice and a cream of chicken soup gravy. This one sounds easier though!!

Happy – Saw your kitty video on FB yesterday – how cute!! Your kitty fetches better than Coal! He never liked to give back the toy. lol.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!!

==
Nothing much to report. After work last night I watered the veg & flowers. Been feeling crabby all week and I know some exercise will help me. Definitely plan to go to Jazzercise tonight!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
I'm hoping that this is a good sign and that you will be hired on permanently.

Annie
I am going to make your chicken and noodles this week end. I like things to be simple. Hope Sissy does okay on vacation. Do you still have Sassy?

Mel
I know what you mean. I'm ready for July to be over with too. Do what they tell me to do at work, hang up the phone. I'm fortunate to have a good relationship between my brother in laws.

Shad , Happy and Laura

--------------

Been looking on line this morning at Lowes for lawn mowers. I said I didn't want to buy a new one but if I'm going to be hear another couple of years I need to. And I can always take it and let some one in my family have it. Lowes do have some electric mowers. This one will not be loaned out to any one.
Need to run some errands then come back and start to clean house.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #191  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning fine ladies of the world.

Funny how now that I have all the time to myself, once again the days fly by. Nothing special going on, just putting through the house, dusting this, washing that, folding, tossing, putting things away. Picked up a book I renewed twice from the library and haven't looked at. I did read a few pages, it looks interesting and is large print so I should be able to pop it off in one night. Better get on it, it's due back at the library on Monday I have a pile of newspapers to go through also. I'm working tomorrow at the Thrift Shop, I do like that I can recycle my packing materials and bags at the shop rather than filling up the garbage can which is now half full of cans, bags and litter from the cats! Tomorrow is supposed to only get to a high of 62 degrees - and an overnight low of mid 40's. Brrrrrrr. That is way too chilly for July - feel like I'm in Shad's winter on the other side of the world! Tonight I finally get a badly needed touch up on my hair and a trim to boot. Guess I will keep this short hair - certainly is easier to keep up with and the part I like the best is that there is not as much stress on it so it doesn't fall out in the brush nearly as much as it did before I work tomorrow afternoon and all day on Sunday at the shop so trying to get housework things done now.

Ceejay - I admire you keeping your cool on the telephone. I would probably not be as nice. Must make you cringe when the phone rings as no one will ever be calling to give out compliments. Still think it's a bummer that your team gets saddled with handling the carry over. Still, this will make retirement all that more sweet when you can ignore your own phone if you want to I think you are doing the right thing with the lawn mower - would be different if this were your last summer but you can always pass it to a family member or friend when you leave. I also agree with not lending it to anyone. We had a fellow mowing our lawn in TN - his broken down mower died so he borrowed ours and ran over big rocks and drain pipes breaking not only them but the mower too. And he denied he did it even though DH saw him do it. And he said he was a preacher too - lying and all that. After that DH did the lawn himself - no one cares about your stuff better than you do.

Laura - glad you liked the cat video. She just started that bringing her toys on the bed and fetching when you toss them. I did the video for my sister who loves seeing small animals run for some reason Sorry you are feeling crabby - maybe you need a vacation where you actually go somewhere? Or is it too much of a hassle because you have to take Coal with you? Better plan a few days in the sun - one more month of summer left although September was always my favorite month down there - gorgeous blue lovely days and cool sleeping nights.

Michelle - how nice to hear that even though you are hustling to keep up with the work, everyone is pleased with the outcome. Means you are doing something right. Hope this continues to bring good things to you. Spinach ravioli - sounds so Californian but as a veggie lover that's right up my alley too.

Annie - thanks for sharing the chicken and noodles recipe. Sure is easy enough and I imagine you can throw a bag of frozen veggies in towards the end to bulk up the meal. I will keep that for future reference. Don't blame you for sounding off to the brother - unless Dad tormented the kid (and there are some Dad's like that my FIL being one of them) there is no excuse to go on vacation and miss Dad's funeral. Even if he paused vacation for one extra day. But people are what they are. Good thing you were there for your Dad Hope Sam has a nice trip and vacation - that's good that they could work in a break from the routine. I was going to ask who is going to watch the dog but wait... Sassy is YOURS. I swear I am losing it. Not sure I'd want to do a car trip that far with morning sickness tho - good luck and safe travels folks.

Shad - what is Portuguese chicken? The more I hear you talk about food, the more I wonder what I will feed you when you come here - I am starting to realize we ARE on different ends of the planet and how bad the typical American food palate is. Sounds like you are making great progress on all sorts of tasks at home.

Mel - adorable graphic today Hope the SIL finds someone else to grump to. How silly that she'd think you'd be listening to her complaints. I hope that the latest family hijinks don't take too much of a toll on you and that your office meetings get cancelled because they realize there is no need to talk - just set to doing it.

I should get off the computer and get out there and water everything. Takes me about an hour and a half to do a complete job and time's a wasting. Have a good day all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
We are having temps in the 80's with low humidity. Brrr on those 40 degree temps.at night. I wished we didn't have to deal with the overflow of phone calls from the office and most of the time its pretty quiet. Just on Tuesday's when the cut off list comes out. I still have a headache from all that. I had to call B back yesterday about a similar situation. She said don't you call them back. If they do call back tell them to wait till tomorrow and hang up the phone. I'm talking to B tomorrow when I go pay my light bill about how to handle that situation.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #193  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKS

SHORT-ISH MEETINGS LAST NIGHT BUT BUSY DAY TODAY.
BOSS IS LEAVING FOR VACATION FOR 10 DAYS.
I WANT BETTER PARAMETERS SET THIS TIME.
NOT TAKING THE BRUNT NOR THE BLAME IF SOMETHING BIG GOES WRONG.
AS THE BUILDINGS GET OLDER THE REPAIRS ARE MORE EXPENSIVE AND FASTER COMING.

NOTHING ELSE IS NEW.
GOING DOWN EARLY TO MEET WITH THE BOSSLADY.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

ANNIE...YES FEELING BETTER BOTH MENTALLY & PHYSICALLY LOL
WILL KEEP SIS IN MY MIND ANYWAY.
HOPE ALL GOES WELL ON THE TRIP.
YOU ARE A GOOD MOM WITH THE "MONEY SLIPPING"!!
I DID THE SAME LAST MONTH ROFLMAO.....TWINS YOU & ME.
DINNER SOUNDED GREAT

LAURA.....HOPE YOU GET RID OF THE CRABBY FEELING.
LEAVE IT AT WORK TODAY WHEN YOU GO HOME
HAPPY JAZZERCISE-ING!!!
AND YES...THE SIL IS NOT THE BRIGHTEST BULB IN THE PACK.

CEEJAY....GOOD IDEA FOR THE NEW MOWER.
I FORGOT IT WILL BE A COUPLE OF YEARS YET.
KEEP IT LOCKED UP AND CHAINED
GLAD YOU CAN HANG UP ON THE IRATE PEOPLE.

HAPPY.....IT WAS 66 DEGREES THIS MORNING.
THIS WEATHER IS INSANE. IT'S WAY TOO COLD BY YOU!!
I HAVE THE A/C ON BUT THE THERMOSTAT TURNED DOWN.
TOO MUCH POLLUTION TO TURN IT OFF JUST NOW.
YOU MADE ME LAUGH ABOUT LESS HAIR IN THE BRUSH!!!
MAYBE I SHOULD GET MINE CUT SHORT TOO
ENJOY YOUR BOOK!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-26-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #194  
Annie - Indiana

TGIF FOR SHO and pay TGIF~YEAH!!

Talked to Sam at 6:30 this morning, they are as far as Birmingham, AL, almost to Pensacola. She said lil man woke up at about 1:30 this morning a was awake till about 5:30, he was good, but awake. lol Ainsley has been perfect also. I gave Ainsley ten dollars last night to buy her something fun. I told her it could only be something fun and for herself. She just smiled and thanked me.

Dinner last night was homemade chicken pockets, tomato/mozzarella/basil salad and mixed veggies. Everyone was happy.

MELLIE...Funny how we as parents can do without but don't want our children to do without, hence slipping money to the kiddos. Glad the meetings were short. I dislike meetings, a lot. It will be another gorgeous day here. 79, no humidity and beautiful skies till about 6 or 7 tonight then rain coming in. Hate to say it, but we need it. YIKES, hope the rain Gods didn't take that too seriously.

HAPPY...seems like the more time I have on my hands the less I do. I work better under time constraints. lol. Hey how are the feet coming along? and how is DH doing with his heart and meds? I have had 5 cukes, 50 cherry tomatos and only 3 reg tomatos out of the garden. Oh and lettuce. I will be lucky to get even one zucchini. Dad never tormented him, actually it is sad that brother is just like dad, very self centered.

LAURA...sending feel good vibes and no crabs your way. It is Friday and we get two days off the forsaken trail. Make it a great day, don't let that crabby mood steal your joy!! Hugs.

CEEG...do you think you can stand two more years of that job and the crazyiness? Come on retirement. Let me perk you up...I have 12 more years before I can retire.

Hi CHELLE and SHADDIE!!

Have a great Friday/nite.

Hugs
Old 07-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #195  

Morning all. TGIF! If anything can help the crabbies go away, it's Friday.

Annie - Nice the kids are getting away. The little ones are probably handling the long drive better than i would!! Wonder what Ainsley will treat herself to with your $ to her... I work better under time pressures too. Why is that??? Wow, you've had a much bigger harvest than I have so far. I need to get my garden situated better for full sun. Maybe on the rooftop, LOL.

Mel - Glad you're feeling better now. Yay for the short meetings! I hope you've got everything set up to roll smoothly while the bosslady is away.

Ceejay - Is it your weekend today?? Are you going to buy a new mower. Nice that you will get an electric one again. Those are quieter aren't they? And cleaner, that's for sure!!

Happy - Wow, nighttime temps in the 40's - brrr! And having the furnace on - eek. It's still July, for Pete's sake!! But you're right, makes you enjoy the warm weather that much more. Have a good day at the shop today. Nice that you recycle your bags/packing materials at the shop. Because we are always picking up after Coal in the yard and on his walks, we can barely keep an adequate supply of grocery bags in the house for that purpose! Yes, I'd definitely like to get away for a bit of chill time. Bf and I are not thrilled with the idea of taking Coal along though - we haven't ever taken the type of vacation where we just rent a cabin and stay put, hanging around one spot, preparing our own meals etc. And Coal is a bit too old now to be able to take with us on walks, hikes, etc. And we'd probably feel guilty and nervous leaving him behind in an unfamiliar place. So we'll take shorter trips. Bf's mom can stay with Coal for the occasional 1- or 2-day jaunt.

Hellos to Michelle & Shad!
==
Went to Jazzercise last night. My fave instructor wasn't there last night, but it was still good to work up a sweat.

Today I brought an overnight bag with me to work & I'm leaving the office around 3:30 to take the train out to my friend's place. We're going to a fest in her 'burb because a couple of good bands are playing there tonight, one I've never seen and look forward to seeing them. I'll stay overnight by her and return home tomorrow morning. It's overcast with a few sprinkles right now - I hope it clears out by showtime.

Nothing else to report. I need to phone Sears today and verify my order has indeed arrived. They didn't do the order the same way and so I never received the text saying it's ready for pickup. I don't want to go over there at lunch to find it's not ready for me.

Okay, back to work. TTFN!!